[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isekai Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1e5.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1e5.gif
89KB, 600x450px
"For the umpteenth time, I don't think ALL isekai is bad. Do you even understand what I am getting at?"

Your classmate looks at (You) shaking his head, with a gaze that betrays both amazement and confusion. (You) reckon it mustn’t be too hard to impress a moron.

“Ok, I will try to make my point once again. Isekai isn’t a genre, it’s a plot device. As such, what actually matters is how the world is built, the story narrated, and the characters, well, characterized. Pun not intended. There can be good stories with isekai and bad stories with isekai, that much we can all agree on. All I am lamenting is the fact that ‘isekai’ quite literally gives carte blanche to the writer. Do you fully understand the implications of this?”

Once again, your classmate shakes his head. Sighing, (You) continue.

“What this entails, in short, is that the writer can and does bend the reality so that the main character has a chance to shine. This is why NEETs and other less-than-successful people are often the protagonists, because the rules of the game suddenly change in their favor and, for a fortunate twist of fate, they end up on the top of the food chain. And let me tell you, NEET/shut-in characters very rarely manage to be entertaining or credible. Why would I believe that a lazy bum would risk his life to save his friends, when in the real world he wouldn’t even bother attending school for the sake of his parents?”

(You) take a deep breath. There’s no need to get so worked up about something so trivial. (You) mentally scold (You)rself for losing your temper, and prepare to conclude the conversation with a few conciliatory remarks. However, before (You) can do that, your classmate speaks up.

“Yeah ok bruv, but how about them neko pussies? I bet they’re super tight.”

“Compelling argument right there, I am afraid I’ll have to concede the point,” (You) say, leaving the class in a fit of anger.

“Goddammit, why am I so autistic? Why do I care so much?,” (You) ask to (You)rself.

Walking through the corridors, (You) notice someone is following (You). He looks like a boy a few years (You)r senior, yet you’ve never seen him in school. What will (You) do?

>Beat the living shit out of him
>Ask him what's his business with (You)
>Ignore him and get back to class
>>
>>1068110
>>
>>1068110
We are a diligent student
>>
>>1068110
> Go to the bathroom and masturbate furiously to the thought of super tight neko pussy.
>>
(You) decide to shrug it off. The guy’s probably not actually following (You), most likely he just happens to be headed where (You)’re headed.

Sadly, this certainty of (You)rs wavers as he keeps tailing (You) even when (You)’ve almost reached the entrance to (You)r classroom, and vanes for good the second he starts tapping on (You)r shoulder, clearing his throat.

“Yes, were you looking for me?,” (You) ask him, turning around to face him. On a second look, he is probably a lot older than you are.

“I was indeed! Do (You) know who I am?”

“I don’t have the faintest idea who you are, sir,” (You) politely respond.

“Very well, then I shall tell (You)! I hail from Japan, the land of a thousand gods! And sure enough, I too am a god, a god that you’ve slandered with (You)r speech.”

“Are you perchance the god of mind break doujins? I realize I haven’t spoken very highly of them, to be fair.”

“Nay! I am the god of Isekai, a noble genre that thou hast soiled with thine speech!”

“What’s the point of adopting that archaic register? Do you hope to be more persuasive like that?”

“SILENCE, MORTAL! I am here to exact my punishment on (You). However, in my infinite mercy, I shall not merely harm (You), but instead teach (You) important lessons on the meaning of friendship, love and life!”

“Yeah great, I’d like to be back for dinner though. My mom is cooking lasagne and I don’t want to miss out on that.”

“Fool! How can (You) hope to compare the wonders (You)’ll behold in the bizarre worlds (You)’ll visit with mere lasagne?”

“Well first off, my mom’s lasagne is awesome. Second of all, we live in a world in which a bunch of people are convinced that a frog god is responsible for the outcome of the presidential election in the world’s first superpower, I’d say that’s pretty bizarre.”

The self-proclaimed god of Isekai gives you the same look you’d expect from a man who has just finished arguing with his friends against putting pineapple on a pizza and is now experiencing the acute pain deriving from being surrounded by people with shit taste. In a way, (You) can almost empathize with him.

“All right, all right, mr god. You win, bring me wherever you want to bring me. But I am not swallowing strange pills or drinking weird potions.”

“It won’t be necessary!”, the god responds with renewed enthusiasm. “Now, son, where shall I bring you? The possibilities are endless.”

>Write in
>>
>>1068110
but still,
>>1068207
sounds like a good idea, too.
>>
>>1068321
Wherever our motivation is. Or something that gives us a new one. We will need it to succeed.
>>
>>1068321
You don't get off that easily. You're the one trying to prove to me that it isn't a weak narrative device. I'm not going to do you work for you.

But seriously if we want to hold up to our ideals we should go somewhere hard and see if our self insert makes things easy mode. But then we will probably die
>>
>>1068321
>>1068419
I like the way you think
>>
>>1068321
A world where isekai doesn't exist
>>
“Yeah they are, but y’know, I was expecting you to put some effort into this. I mean, I can easily prove my own point by simply selecting the best possible world and enjoying my time there. No offense to Leibnitz.”

The god scratches his head pensively. “So what (You)’re saying is that I should allocate you to a random parallel world and see how (You) fare?”

“Well yes, if you want this experiment to have any form of internal and external validity, and for the sake of statistical validity you should also increase the sample size, but I digress. Let’s do it like this, let us skip all the intermediate steps and just go to the harshest possible world, is that ok?” (You) ask.

The god smiles mischievously. “Excellent. Here we go!” he shouts, snapping his fingers. A powerful light invades your field of vision, and a few moments later, (You) find (You)rself in a bleak, squalorous town.

“Welcome to Blightburg, the most squalid town in the Kingdom of Decadia. The population is starving, the politicians are corrupt and a dark prophecy is about to be fulfilled. Even the sun does not dare to show its face upon a place like this. How are (You) going to escape this hellhole of misery?” the god inquires, not without a tinge of smugness.

“It’s certainly true that the sky is cloudy. Oh well, this one’s easy. I will just migrate to some other Kingdom.”

“(You) can’t”, the god promptly responds. “Decadia is the only human Kingdom. Elves and Dwarves are highly xenophobic, and the other races routinely kill, rape, or devour humans. Tough guy not so tough after being sent to a medieval dystopia, huh?”

“No, watch this, I’ve got the situation under control,” (You) say, making (You)r way to the nicest building (You) can see.

“W-wait, where are (You) going?” you hear the god mutter as he tries to follow (You).

“See that palace? It’s well kept. It means the owner has enough money to maintain it. But that’s not all, it’s also surrounded by other buildings. This suggests that a merchant or a perhaps a local governors lives there. A noble would probably prefer to reside in a castle, or a place far enough from the masses. That’s just my intuition, of course.”

“A-and what if (You)’re right? What do (You) plan to do afterwards?”

(You) do not respond. (You) simply smile at the god as (You) enter the building.
“Hello? Is anyone here?” (You) shout.
>>
>>1068934
A bespectacled, fat man in a strange robe greets (You) and invites (You) to come on in. He’s sitting behind an ornate marble counter, writing on a piece of paper and making calculations with an abacus.

“Good morning, sir. I am a foreigner to this town, and I was wondering if you could tell me more about this place,” (You) politely tell him.

“This place? Do (You) mean Blightburg? If so, I regret to inform (You) we do not offer touristic informations. But if (You)’ve come here seeking the services of our bank, we’d be glad to help.”

“Oh, this is a bank? Sweet. You see, I am looking for employment, and I am sure your bank could really benefit from someone like me”

“Is that so? And what makes (You) think that?” the fat man asks, his voice revealing his genuine curiosity.

“Well for one I am quite good with mathematics. If you lend me some pen and paper, I’ll prove it,” (You) confidently claim.

The man nods and smiles at you benevolently as he hands (You) a piece of paper, a quill and inkwell.

“Thank you, and now, let’s begin. For starters, let us denote by R the set of natural numbers…”

“… and with this we’ve proven that any function w:X -> R that satisfies the Bellman equation is actually the Value Function for a Reduced Form problem if the limit for t that goes to plus infinity of the discount factor to t times the function w evaluated at (xt) is equal to 0”.

After three long hours, (You)r last proof is complete, and the fat man is looking at you in awe, just like the god of Isekai.

“O-ok, great, please wait here. I will be right back, I just need to confer with my principal,” the man says as he takes his leave hurriedly.

“Was that a bit of an overkill?”

“I’d say so,” the god responds. “So this was (You)r plan all along.”

“Of course. Basic literacy skills are in extremely high demand in a setting like this, and this is all the more true for rosier fantasy/medieval worlds. Here, I can live like a jet setter simply because I know multiplication tables,” (You) explain, giving the god the most condescending smirk (You) can muster.

“Right. I guess I have been had,” he begrudgingly admits.

“Indeed. Well, I will be a gentleman and let you pick the next world. Make it extra hard this time,” (You) propose.

“Are (You) sure about that? Because if so, I already have a certain place in mind.”

>Sure, go ahead.
>Wait, it better not include [Write-in]
>Actually, I changed mind. I am in the mood for something relaxing.
>>
>>1068950
>Wait, it better not include furfagottry
>>
>>1068950
>Sure, go ahead.
Let's show this guy.
>>
>>1068950
>So what happened to non-japanese isekai? Did the over-isekai god get shanked and split into you and some other blokes?
>>
>>1068950
>Sure, go ahead.
I'm a little lost, what are we trying to prove here. That we can succed in a random world without plot armour? Because that is not practical if we are just some nerd. Shove us in a barbarian setting, they will kill for jewing them or we would die is some random challenge.
>>
File: 1i22y0.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1i22y0.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>1068950
>let us denote by R the set of natural numbers
>>
>>1069569
We pissed off the Isekai god. I think we're just being contrarian
>>
>>1068950
>>1069160
>>Try me.
>>
>>1068321
>putting pineapple on pizza is shit taste

Pepperoni and extra cheese pleb detected.
>>
File: mah nigga.jpg (23KB, 680x447px) Image search: [Google]
mah nigga.jpg
23KB, 680x447px
>>1074760
>>
File: 4L_OvOWb2H9.jpg (52KB, 622x604px) Image search: [Google]
4L_OvOWb2H9.jpg
52KB, 622x604px
>OP abandoning the thread
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.