[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Primal Nations- War of the Ancients Multi-Civ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 41

File: Ancients4chan.png (5MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Ancients4chan.png
5MB, 2500x2000px
For years, harsh and unforgiving Primal World has kept any intelligent life that manages to take hold in isolated pockets, while beasts that are bigger, stronger, and more deadly roam the land unhindered, but no longer. Some of the intelligent beings of Primal World have formed small but powerful city-states, and have begun expanding their influence through the mountains, jungles, savannas, and grasslands of their world. What's more, scouts have told the people of their cities tales of ancient, all-powerful beings, offering great power to those that share their ideals. Will you help to preserve the Primal World's natural state, bend it to your will, or ignore these Ancients, and forge your own path?

Joining the game is simple, just fill out the sheet (And put your desired starting location):
Nation Name: (What your nation is called)
Race(s): (What kind of peoples inhabit your nation)
Color: (Your Color on the map)
Fluff: (your nation's backstory- more thorough fluff will help GM figure out eccentricities.)
-Don't fill out (unless told)-
Settlements: (Player-named capital) (Player-Named outpost (4))
Territory:
Population (+growth/turn): GM Generated
Food: 1
Currency: 3 (+x/turn)
Industry: 5
Structures: Government Building, Farm I (2)
Defenses: GM Generated
Military: 1 (Player Named Unit)
Tech: Bronzeworking (Others determined by Fluff)
Resources:
Eccentricities: GM Generated (Again, the better the fluff, the more of a feel GM has for your nation.)

Also take a peek at the rules pastebin I've drawn up: http://pastebin.com/pakzadFV

I'll try my hardest to start the game quickly after a handful of signups, but new players can join in at any time!
>>
>>1062320
Quick question. We don't fill out the ones with (GM Generated) and fill everything else in, right?
>>
>>1062479
Yep. I'll give you the other stats.
Also note: Magically powered races are perfectly acceptable, but be prepared for an Ancient or two to demand you be their bitch.
>>
>>1062320
Name: Butterland
Race: Avarosi (Winged Humans)
Color: White
Fluff: Naturally inclined to goodness, the Avarosi took up roles as healers early on, and are naturally gifted doctors and potion makers. However, they know enough of the world that just being nice and good doesn't keep your safe, and so train some of their number in war combat to keep the doctors safe, preferring to fight at range and with skirmish tactics, taking advantage of their flight, as opposed to direct combat. They have no religious beliefs themselves, but are respectful of those who do.

Settlements: (Player-named capital) - Avaros (Player-Named outpost (4)) - Templeton, Tellerium, Aroxa, Sigil
Territory:
Military: 1 (Plaguewarden)
Resources:
Eccentricities: GM Generated (Again, the better the fluff, the more of a feel GM has for your nation.)

That good? Did I miss anything?
>>
>>1062320
>Nation Name: Salique
>Race(s): Fauns/satyrs and Serpentfolk
>Color: Purple
>Fluff: The Chever (Fauns/Satyrs) and Intoxis (Serpentfolk) have long relied on each other to survive in this abyssal world. Once rivals for food and land, now partners to the end. The Chever provide the diplomats, sailors, merchants, and Intoixs make up the bulk of the military. Salique is a merchant nation who wants to do business, not war but when comes push to shove they will fight. They worship Talantes, god of the sea, trade, and poison.
Settlements: Capital: Cressida Outposts: Sanguine, Elys, T'si, and Amore
Territory:
Military: 1 (Hist Guard)
Resources: Silk, fish, iron and gold
Hope I did it correctly.
Here's more fluff: They meet when the Intoxis traveled to the coast to flee from danger back home. There the Chever had settled already. The Intoxis thought of killing them but decided to let the monsters kill them instead. A Chever scout spotted them and sent a group of warriors and bards to find out why they were here. They battle all day until it was a stalemate. They agree to leave each other alone and that was it. Until a hoard of monsters came. It was either die separately or join together and fight the monsters. They were able to kill them and from that day on, they joined tribes and made the land called Salique.
>>
>>1062836
>>1062949
Yep, you're both good. Do you have a preferred location though?
>>
>>1062995
Can you explain the colors on the map? I'm assuming the lower green is for jungles and forests, brown for mountainous and yellow for desert
>>
>>1063061
Yellow is Savannah, green is more traditional plains/grassland.
>>
>>1062995
Do we get 1 spot or 5? The Capital and 4 territories is throwing me off a bit.
>>
File: 1484788516127.png (5MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1484788516127.png
5MB, 2500x2000px
>>1063073
Then around here is okay for me.
>>
>>1063078
It's all connected. I'll draw you on the map, no worries.
>>
>>1062320
Name: The Galkoki Kingdom
Race(s): Almost exclusively Human
Color: Black
Fluff: These people have always truggled to survive but always no matter the hardship they make it. Be it beast or other men they eventually overcome. One day after the first king passed a magic being attempted to rule itself over the proud Galkoki. What resulted was a war that caused destruction and famine all throughout their land. After its wake their was a burning hatred of all things magical no matter what it is. As for how they have survived, they developed a system where professional soldiers named Knights, heavily armoured men lead a personal retinue of men at arms and when in times of peace these Knights and their men retire to their land to tend to it until the next danger comes. Their citys are protected by large fortifications to deter any threats from disrupting its citizens.
Settlements: (Galkelan:Capital) outposts, Malken, kirein, Sheklan, Valena
Territory:
Military: 1 (Man at Arms)
Resources:

If everything is correct I'd like to start at the Lake in the top left of the map.
>>
File: Map_Ancients4chan.png (5MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Map_Ancients4chan.png
5MB, 2500x2000px
>>1062836
>>
>>1063117
Specifically I want my capital in this spot.
>>
File: aquantis location.png (5MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
aquantis location.png
5MB, 2500x2000px
>>1062320
Nation Name: Aquantis Dominion
Race(s): Fishfolk
Color: Lime Green
Fluff:
>Humanoid water dwelling people. They live off of the land by cultivating coral reefs and kelp farms and hunting/fishing. They reside in an artificial coral reef which they have grown and shaped into dwellings. Their people are ruled by a royal family. Below them are a group of noble houses, each competing with each other to gain the monarch's favor. They worship the great sea god Gorbuelax and his many "Appendage Disciples". Each appendage representing an important aspect of Aquantian life.

>Biologically they are omnivorous and amphibious but they rarely stay on land. They find staying on land for too uncomfortable as their skin begins to dry if they don't moisten themselves. They give birth to live young. They are then thought and trained by wise elders of their people's ways until the young ones mature enough to embark on a trial of adulthood where they must go into the wilderness and bring back something extraordinary like a shiny trinket or prized prey.

Capital: Coralea
Territory: (see pic)
Outposts: Garblax's Ravine, Lumerox Caverns, Blaxab Reef, Jorgox Wildlands
Military: Spear of Odein
>>
Hard at work putting everyone on the map, then I'll be statting. Apologies if you aren't in the exact spot you wanted, I spread you all out a bit more.
>>
>>1062504
Are fae considered to be magically 'powered' or just magically inclined?
>>
File: IMG_1722.jpg (264KB, 977x696px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1722.jpg
264KB, 977x696px
>>1062320
Name: Jader
Race: Elves
Color: Orange
Fluff: The Jaderi people are not natives of this land for their ancestors came from a land far away, most likely on ramshackle rafts. The reason why Ancient Jaderi came here or even the name of their original homeland is unknown, lost to the legends of time. The Jaderi would eventually come to settle, adapt and gain a permanent presence in this new land. With them the Jaderi brought the arts of both archery and swordsmanship.

Settlements: Genua (Capital) Partha, Marthis, Turana, Cappel (outposts)
Territory:
Military: 1 (Jardi Ranger)
Resources:
Eccentricities: GM Generated
>>
>>1063350
I would say inclined. Powered would be undead, elementals, etc.
>>
Nation Name: The Elven Dominion
Race(s): Pompous elves
Color: Gold
Fluff: The Elven Dominion is a nation of elves living deep in the heart of the forests. They are both narcissistic and hedonistic, and have a caste system structured around beauty. The most beautiful elves rule society while the uglier elves are doomed to a life of peasantry and unpleasant labor. They have a propensity for craftsmanship due to their obsessive need for everything to be perfect and beautiful, and they even try to make their fighting styles as cool looking as possible.
Settlements: (Vanitas - Capitol) (Alberich, Nathalum, Ael'wyn, Silvanar (Player-named outposts))
Territory:
Resources:
>>
Everyone who has posted a location so far is on the map- I just need to stat. Also, you may still apply past this point, but I'll wait to stat you. You will get a make-up turn.
>>
>>1062320
Nation Name: Alluria
Race(s): Alraune
Color: Dandelion Yellow
Fluff: Alluria is a conglomeration of forest-dwelling monsters called alraune. They reproduce by luring men wandering in the forest with their sweet scent. Although they are monsters, they are terrible fighters. They do not eat, instead relying on the sun, and their reproductive partners always come willingly.

Settlements: (Player-named capital): Synthesia (Player-Named outpost (4)): Idylla, Elis, Viela, Cxuleb
Territory:
Military: 1 (Player Named Unit): Seductress
Resources:
Eccentricities:

Any forest location is fine.
>>
File: location.png (4MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
location.png
4MB, 2500x2000px
>>1063399

Also put me somewhere around here please
>>
File: Primal Civ Map Henoan Location.png (5MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Primal Civ Map Henoan Location.png
5MB, 2500x2000px
>>1062320
Nation Name: Henoan Conclave
Race(s): Wood Elves and Fae
Color: (Green)
Fluff: The Henoan people see themselves as both children and stewards of nature. They revere the Great Henosis, the Universal Spirit that inhabits all things, the Great Prime Mover and Absolute Form of all creation. They do not seek to carve out an existence in the rugged wilderness, but to love and nuture the land so that they can thrive on its bounty. The Henoans do not clear land to build houses, they search the area for an ideal place to build a nest as part of the environment, blending in without causing undue disturbance. They do not till the land to plant crops, but tend to the existing natural flora, gently guiding it to be more fruitful. They do not battle against the local beasts, but help provide for their needs and only ask the same in return. However, the Henoans are not a bunch of lazy hippies. They cherish life too much to let it waste away in sloth and self-indulgence. They constantly seek perfection in body, mind and spirit. They see misfortune as personal failure and strive to improve themselves to avoid it, “how can you take care of the world if you cannot even take care of yourself?” Whatever work they do, they strive to perform it with utmost grace and skill, in hopes of achieving their goals so quietly and subtly that it is hardly even noticeable. They are eternally grateful to the land and its creatures for providing them with life, and hope to return the favor by strengthening it in return.

Territory:
Resources:
>>
>>1063432
changing my location to here
don't want to crowd anyone.
>>
>>1063432
>Settlements: Capital:(Thry've) Outposts:(Aerie, Aribeth, Aria, Arwyn)

>Military: 1 (Glade Guardian)
>>
>>1063399
>>1063426

Also a bit more fluff for fun because I wrote my sheet in a bit of a hurry:

The Golden Dominion is a nation of elves who are both narcissistic and hedonistic. As a race, they refer to themselves as High Elves, although in reality aside from their beauty they aren't that different from the ordinary run-of-the-mill elf. One of the key aspects of society is that the High Elves have an unhealthy obsession with perfection. Social structure in the Golden Dominion revolves around beauty, and while all High Elves have some degree of beauty, society is dominated by the most physically beautiful of the elves. There are some ugly elves, known as the "imperfects", who often live in squalor under the boots of the beautiful, and it is these elves that do most of the unpleasant tasks. This structure creates quite a bit of political intrigue as "mirror mirror on the wall" schemes are common amongst nobility who fear losing power. As for everything else, elves of the Golden Dominion strive to make everything as extravagant as possible. Art and craftsmanship is well-appreciated and even fighting styles are elegant and refined, to the point of sometimes sacrificing practicality for aesthetics.

Also I'm changing my nation's name to the Golden Dominion because of all the elves. Red is also acceptable if there are too many yellows on the map. Player named unit is Legionary.
>>
Nation Name: Djinni Caliphate
Race(s): Djinni/Genies
Color: Pink
Fluff: An collection of Djinni tribes, having lived in the sands from time unmemorable. Recently, they have come together thanks to the works of an lone missionary called Zahamad, spreading an faith that spread like wildfire amongst the Djinni. Ultimately, with the Djinni united under the Zahlam religion, they had come together under an Caliphate after electing Bulgaj bin Thasl al-Liqqa, the current Caliph, and son of Zahamad.
Settlements: (Player-named capital) Desfaan, Fassan, Ilashea, Jidfa, Kadques
Territory:
Population (+growth/turn);
Military: 1 Jihadi
Resources:
>>
>>1063661
As for location, anywhere in the desert is fine.
>>
>>1063661
A bit of extra fluff

The Caliphate, being an Theocracy at heart, is led by an Caliph who usually have great religious ties. The Caliph is supposed to be an avatar of Ilha, the God of Zahlam. The Caliphate has a very strict but theocratic legal code, derived from the teachings and word of Zahamad, the First Messenger of Ilha. The Caliphate believes that a proper Djinni of Ilha must be moderate, humble, and religious. Infidels are usually stoned or Staved (left on a pole in the middle of the desert). Whilst harsh, it has been effective on making sure that Infidels cannot infect the sanctity of Ilha and his Loyal Caliphate. In times that an Infidel HSS overstepped boundaries, the Caliph has the power to declare an Jihad, and an order for any good man of Ilha to take up sword and defeat the foreigners. In Djinni culture, the Woman is seen as an item that must be loyal. Promiscuity and Scandalous behaviour in women is seen as a sin. As such, most Djinni women are garbed up, as to not tempt other Men Djinni to...indulge their decadent behaviour.
>>
Stats incoming, but first a few things the rules don't say
-technology isn't static in Primal World- you can advance to whatever age of technology you desire (provided the path you took to get there is reasonable).
-I do allow a (limited) number of make-up turns.
-Assume you all have a basic understanding that everyone else exists. Talking and engaging in diplomacy is free! Actively trading things, however, costs an action.
>>
Nation Name: Arakos
Race(s): Hobgoblins
Color: Bronze
Fluff: Arakosi are a large tribe of Hobgoblins. Cunning, fecund, strong, and intelligent the Arakosi exterminated or enslaved what few humans that they had run across in their migration. They have settled in the north and put down the first permanent buildings. Primarily hunting local fauna, fishing, and growing resilient crops they have since kept to themselves and largely carved out a stable, if harsh, home.
>>
[Butterland]
Settlements: (Player-named capital) - Avaros (Player-Named outpost (4)) - Templeton, Tellerium, Aroxa, Sigil
Territory: 39
Population (+growth/turn): 10 (+3/turn)
Currency: 3 (+4/turn)
Defenses: 1 (Avaros)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Medicine I, Herbalism I, Skirmishing I
Resources: [Bronze :5] [Jungle Herbs: 5] [Jungle wood: 5]
Eccentricities:
[A force for good]: The combat forces of the Avarosi take their jobs as protectors very seriously, and recieve bonuses to fighting defensively. However, the majority of the Avarosi population views offensive action as immoral, and in some cases, downright disgusting.
[Natural Healers]: Finding new ways to heal the sick and injured come naturally to the Avarosi, though they flinch at finding new ways to cause suffering.

[Salique]
Population (+growth/turn): 10 (+4/turn)
Currency: 3 (6/turn)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Sailing I, Economics I, Poisonbrewing I
Resources: [Copper: 5] [Fish: 5] [Silk]: 5
Eccentricities:
[Merchants]: The Chever of Salique know how to make a quick piece of gold, but aren't fighters. Being half of Salique's population, this does put a strain on recruitment.
[Traders]: Salique dreams of a great trading empire, and attacking prospective clients is bad for business; however, they will fight like rabid dogs when cornered.
>>
>>1063731
[Galkoki]
Settlements: (Galkelan:Capital) outposts, Malken, Kirein, Sheklan, Valena
Currency: 3 (+3/turn)
Defenses: 1 (Galkelan)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Weaponsmithing I, Armorsmithing I, Sailing I
Resources: [Bronze: 5] [Stone: 5] [Wood:5]
Eccentricities:
[Burning Hatred]: The humans of the Galkoki Kingdom hate magic with every fiber of their being, and will fight twice as hard when faced with it; however, this means most Galkoki staunchly refuse to learn it.
[Professional Soldiers]: The Knights of the Kingdom are famed for their prowess in battle. While their training takes much longer than other standard soldiers, they are much stronger for it.

[Aquantis Dominion]
Settlements: [Coralea], Garblax's Ravine, Lumerox Caverns, Blaxab Reef, Jorgox Wildlands
Defenses: 1 (Coralea)
Military: 1 (Spear of Odein)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Coral Farming I, Fish Herding I, Agriculture I
Resources: [Coral: 5] [Seaweed: 5] [Driftwood: 5]
Eccentricities:
[Sea Dwellers]: The Fishfolk of the Aquantis Dominion are completely at home in the water, moving and expanding through it extremely quickly. The same cannot be said about them on land, however.
[Bounty of the Sea]: The seas of Primal World are teeming with life, and each action the Fishfolk take to acquire food is more successful. However, monsters lurk in the deep, and everything must come to the water's edge to drink....

[Jader]
Population (+growth/turn): 10 (+2/turn)
Defenses: 1 (Partha)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Sailing I, Archery I, Swordsmanship I
Resources: [Bronze :5] [Clay: 5] [Jungle wood: 5]
Eccentricities:
[Nomadic Past]: The Jaderi have grown used to a sedentary lifestyle, and are loath to leave home. However, once they do, their nomadic past takes hold of them, driving them to range further than others.
[Archers and Swordsmen]: The Jaderi are masters of archery and swordsmanship, but have a hard time grasping other combat techniques.
>>
>>1063725
>-Assume you all have a basic understanding that everyone else exists.
As in we know who and where everyone else is, or just that we're no alone in the world?
>>
Ancients4chan.png
5MB, 2500x2000px
[Elven Dominion]
Settlements: (Vanitas - Capitol) (Alberich, Nathalum, Ael'wyn, Silvanar (Player-named outposts))
Defenses: 1 (Vanitas)
Resources: [Bronze: 5] [Gems: 5] [Wood: 5]
Eccentricities:
[Slave Labor]: Those elves less pretty to look at are basically slaves to the other elves; they just don't call it slavery. With a lack of basic regulations, the lower caste is worked to the bone. Production of resources is increased, but rebellions can be catastrophic.
[Flashy]: The elves of the Dominion are always working on improving the looks of their fighting styles. Because of this, many find any sort of heavy armor to be a waste of time.

Actions are 3d100. I'll get to the rest of the people that have signed up ASAP
>>
>>1063739
The first. Your scouts have found other people, but very recently. You aren't really buddy-buddy with anyone yet.
>>
>>1063743
>Actions are 3d100.
So its 3 actions a turn?
>>
>>1063748
yup
>>
Should we post our updated stats every turn or are you taking care of that?
>>
Also is bronzeworking the only tech I have?
>>
>>1063759
You should. I kinda have enough on my plate
>>
File: Starting_Spot.png (104KB, 316x284px) Image search: [Google]
Starting_Spot.png
104KB, 316x284px
>>1062320

Nation Name: Classá
Race(s): Fire Fairies
Color: Scarlet Red
Fluff: While many nations have been settled for years, the fire fairies only now managed to gather the effort to cobble something resembling a political entity of their own, having elected a princess to better guide them among their brightest, in spite of technical difficulties of maintaining a monarchy with a single-gender race. Plucky, they tend towards more creative avenues like dress-making and using their natural fire manipulation to build houses and other structures out of glass, the only thing better than making something being to watch it burn in a wildfire!

Contrary to what one would believe, fire fairies are not particularly prone to anger over any other race, but they tend to have little patience and shift their focuses constantly, making it hard for them to work on any long project for a long period of time, while also finding difficulty in suppressing their urge to set things on fire or melt them; their pretty glass houses tend to get deformed from repeated meltings and their territory is easily discernible by the scorched plant life that borders it.

Avatars of the element of fire, they believe in everything burning to be their domain; in fact, they don't even need to eat conventionally, sustaining themselves through burning things directly. It's the hot topic! Their burning wings indicate their power; the farther away from a source of heat they are, the weaker they burn.
Territory:
Settlements:
>Sauna Oasis [Capital]
-Structures: Glass Palace, Farm I, Farm I
-Defenses: GM Generated
>Ugnis [Outpost]
-Structures: GM Generated
>Nar [Outpost]
>Fuego [Outpost]
>Brasa [Outpost]
Military:
-x1 Sentairy [Str. 1]
Resources:
Starting Spot: Here!
>>
>>1063768
My bad, forgot about that part. Add
Craftsmanship I, Swordsmanship I, and Archery I
>>
File: I know that feel.png (139KB, 931x858px) Image search: [Google]
I know that feel.png
139KB, 931x858px
Rolled 88, 68, 24 = 180 (3d100)

>>1063769
>You should. I kinda have enough on my plate

>>1063731
Population (+growth/turn): 13 (+3/turn)
Currency: 7 (+4/turn)
Resources: [Bronze :5] [Jungle Herbs: 5] [Jungle wood: 5]
Eccentricities:
[A force for good]: The combat forces of the Avarosi take their jobs as protectors very seriously, and recieve bonuses to fighting defensively. However, the majority of the Avarosi population views offensive action as immoral, and in some cases, downright disgusting.
[Natural Healers]: Finding new ways to heal the sick and injured come naturally to the Avarosi, though they flinch at finding new ways to cause suffering.

Cultivate some land.

Research Jungle Herbs.

Explore.
>>
Rolled 60, 65, 18 = 143 (3d100)

>>1063743
[Galkoki]
Structures: Palace, Farm I (2)
Resources: [Bronze: 5] [Stone: 5] [Wood:5]
Eccentricities:
[Burning Hatred]: The humans of the Galkoki Kingdom hate magic with every fiber of their being, and will fight twice as hard when faced with it; however, this means most Galkoki staunchly refuse to learn it.
[Professional Soldiers]: The Knights of the Kingdom are famed for their prowess in battle. While their training takes much longer than other standard soldiers, they are much stronger for it.

In order for our lands to prosper we need to ensure we have the necessary supplys to fuel its growth! So in turn we will be constructing a lumber mill and a quarry to increase production.

Then for our third action we'll be prospecting our lands for any richs such as new metal deposits or whatnot in our land we do not know of.
>>
>>1063729
Edited for ease

Nation Name: Arakos
Race(s): Hobgoblins
Color: Bronze
Fluff: Arakosi are a large tribe of Hobgoblins. Cunning, fecund, strong, and intelligent the Arakosi exterminated or enslaved what few humans that they had run across in their migration. They have settled in the north and put down the first permanent buildings. Primarily hunting local fauna, fishing, and growing resilient crops they have since kept to themselves and largely carved out a stable, if harsh, home.
Settlements: Mor'Taris, Tol'Anrom, Iralon, Tol'Larhen
Territory:
Resources:
>>
Rolled 11, 5, 52 = 68 (3d100)

[Golden Dominion]
Population (+growth/turn): 12 (+2/turn)
Currency: 6 (+3/turn)
Structures: Hall of Perfection (Government Building), Farm I (2)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Craftsmanship I, Swordsmanship I, Archery I
Eccentricities:
[Slave Labor]: Those elves less pretty to look at are basically slaves to the other elves; they just don't call it slavery. With a lack of basic regulations, the lower caste is worked to the bone. Production of resources is increased, but rebellions can be catastrophic.
[Flashy]: The elves of the Dominion are always working on improving the looks of their fighting styles. Because of this, many find any sort of heavy armor to be a waste of time.

Actions:

1. Legends speak of many beautiful stones deep within the ugly earth. You are to dig a mine, find them and bring them to me. Seek out anything else that could be of use down there as well.
2. These trees are an absolute eyesore. Separate the wheat from the chaff and chop them down. Leave only the beautiful ones.
3. The waters south of Nathalum (our southern outpost) are brimming with fish, which our nobles are demanding. Find a way to catch them.
>>
>>1063853

Well shit
>>
File: 1468431473273.gif (2MB, 480x292px) Image search: [Google]
1468431473273.gif
2MB, 480x292px
>>1062320
All right boys and girls, if you want to talk about this game, or others like it, this is the chat for people who play these games. It has two rules, SFW, and don't be a jackass

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23Nation&server=irc.mibbit.net
>>
File: 1481669228654.jpg (55KB, 329x475px) Image search: [Google]
1481669228654.jpg
55KB, 329x475px
>>1063855
As much as I feel bad to see such bad rolls. I cant help but laugh that you seem to have instantly triggered a rebellion.

>pic related is the slaves right now
>>
>>1063864

Naaaah I just didn't find shit, I doubt a major rebellion would occur over some resource gathering rolls on the first turn
>>
Rolled 2, 75, 20 = 97 (3d100)

>>1063743
Start a fish pasture.
Hunt for food.
Research coral scaffold.

I have to go.
I'll probably come back tomorrow or several hours from now if I'm lucky.
>>
Rolled 41, 35, 75 = 151 (3d100)

Nation Name: Salique
Race(s): Fauns/satyrs and Serpentfolk
Color: Purple
Tech: Bronzeworking, Sailing I, Economics I, Poisonbrewing I
Resources: [Copper: 5] [Fish: 5] [Silk]: 5
Eccentricities:
[Merchants]: The Chever of Salique know how to make a quick piece of gold, but aren't fighters. Being half of Salique's population, this does put a strain on recruitment.
[Traders]: Salique dreams of a great trading empire, and attacking prospective clients is bad for business; however, they will fight like rabid dogs when cornered.
1)Create trinkets to sell
2)Send out some scouts to other civs near us to see if they want to trade
3)Build a temple for Talantes
>>
Ancients4chan.png
5MB, 2500x2000px
New races for anyone that's still awake. I will hopefully get around to posting turn update sometime tomorrow.

[Alluria]
Settlements: (Player-named capital): Synthesia (Player-Named outpost (4)): Idylla, Elis, Viela, Cxuleb
Defenses: 1 (Synthesia)
Military: 1 Seductress
Tech: Bronzeworking, Tracking I, Scent I, Traps I
Resources: [Bronze: 5] [Stone: 5] [Wood: 5]
Eccentricities:
[Photosynthetic]: Alraune military units don't need food to survive (any warbeasts they get still do though). However, they really suck at fighting.
[Scent Sirens]: Alluria has garned somewhat of a...reputation amongst men, and most avoid their borders. However, when the Alraune do trap a few, the population explodes.

[Henoan Conclave]
Defenses: 1 (Capital)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Ecology I, Domestication I, Agriculture I
Resources: [Bronze: 5] [Wood: 5] [Seeds:5]
Eccentricities:
[Master Ecologists]: The Henoan people know their land better than anyone, and have a much easier time gathering materials. However, they take less to avoid harming the land.
[Perfectionists]: Striving for perfection in everything, a Henoan will start over when others trudge on. Failure rates are increased slightly, but critical successes (Natural 100s), are better for them than others.

[Djinni Caliphate]
Population: 10 (+3/turn)
Defenses: 1 (Desfaan)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Religion I, Punishment I, Fanaticism I
Eccentricities:
[Religious]: The Djinni of the Caliphate are fanatically religious, and gain bonuses to religious actions. However, this might seem extremely insulting to other powerful beings.
[Jihad]: When the Caliph calls a Jihad, life stops for the Djinni as the men put all their time into training. While mobilized, population growth stops, though mobilized Djinni troops are much stronger than other mobilized troops.
>>
>>1064042
[Classa]
Settlements: Sauna Oasis, Ugnis, Nar, Fuego, Brasa
Defenses: 1 (Sauna Oasis)
Military: 1 Sentairy
Tech: Bronzeworking, Glassworking I, Armor I, Firemaking I
Eccentricities:
[New and Exciting]: The fairies of the brand new nation of Classa are excited to learn and discover new things, but they have a bad case of collective ADD. Researching new technologies is easier, but improving upon old ones bores them.
[Burning]: Classa's fairies draw their energy from flame- while near burning fires, they are stronger, but they are weaker than normal at other times.

[Arakos]
Defenses: 1 (Mor'Taris)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Hunting I, Fishing I, Agriculture I
Eccentricities:
[Former Nomads]: The hobgoblins of Arakos have only just started to settle down- while movement rolls are better, they are not practiced at making permanent structures.
[Harsh Homeland]: It seems like the hobgoblins settled on the worst place they could find; crops are hard to grow, and everything around them seems to want them dead. However, they have learned from their experiences in the mountains, and manage their food stocks much better than the other peoples of Primal World.
>>
Rolled 17, 79, 60 = 156 (3d100)

>>1063743
[Henoan Conclave]
Settlements: (Thry’ve) (Aerie, Aria, Aribeth, Arwyn)
Military: 1 Glade Guardian
Resources: [Bronze: 5] [Wood: 5] [Seeds:5]
Eccentricities:
[Master Ecologists]: The Henoan people know their land better than anyone, and have a much easier time gathering materials. However, they take less to avoid harming the land.
[Perfectionists]: Striving for perfection in everything, a Henoan will start over when others trudge on. Failure rates are increased slightly, but critical successes (Natural 100s), are better for them than others.

>Plant a permaculture garden

>Find forest friends to join our fold

>Search for useful herbs (medicine/poison/fertility/magic/etc.)

It seems you overlooked my pop growth.
>>
Rolled 15, 28, 9 = 52 (3d100)

>>1063743
[Alluria]
Eccentricities:
[Photosynthetic]: Alraune military units don't need food to survive (any warbeasts they get still do though). However, they really suck at fighting.
[Scent Sirens]: Alluria has garned somewhat of a...reputation amongst men, and most avoid their borders. However, when the Alraune do trap a few, the population explodes.

>Convert the farms to produce potent aphrodisiacs. For our purposes, they'll be much more useful than food.
>Invite men from nearby villages to come live with us. Of course, we won't force anyone, but we can be quite persuasive.
>Make an accurate map of our domain. Its easy to get lost in such a large forest, you know.
>>
>>1064135
RNGesus, what have I done to anger thee?
>>
Rolled 67, 95, 12 = 174 (3d100)

>>1063743
[Jader]
Defenses: 1 (Partha)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Sailing I, Archery I, Swordsmanship I
Resources: [Bronze :5] [Clay: 5] [Jungle wood: 5]
Eccentricities:
[Nomadic Past]: The Jaderi have grown used to a sedentary lifestyle, and are loath to leave home. However, once they do, their nomadic past takes hold of them, driving them to range further than others.
[Archers and Swordsmen]: The Jaderi are masters of archery and swordsmanship, but have a hard time grasping other combat techniques.

>Cultivate the land for more farming
>Scout the land for anything interesting like trolls
>Craft more swords to hand out
>>
Rolled 22, 43, 91 = 156 (3d100)

Arakos]
Defenses: 1 (Mor'Taris)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Hunting I, Fishing I, Agriculture I
Eccentricities:
[Former Nomads]: The hobgoblins of Arakos have only just started to settle down- while movement rolls are better, they are not practiced at making permanent structures.
[Harsh Homeland]: It seems like the hobgoblins settled on the worst place they could find; crops are hard to grow, and everything around them seems to want them dead. However, they have learned from their experiences in the mountains, and manage their food stocks much better than the other peoples of Primal World.

1. Construct fisheries for fishing

2. Go scouting for resources

3. Research construction
>>
File: fireball_cinnamon_whisky_l.jpg (137KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
fireball_cinnamon_whisky_l.jpg
137KB, 467x700px
Rolled 53, 9, 26 = 88 (3d100)

>>1064045

[Classá]
Population: 13 (+3/turn)
Settlements:
>Sauna Oasis [Cap.]
-Structures: Glass Palace, Farm I (2)
-Defenses: 1
> Ugnis [Out.]
> Nar [Out.]
>Fuego [Out.]
>Brasa [Out.]
Military:
-x1 Sentairy [Str. 1]
Eccentricities:
[New and Exciting]: The fairies of the brand new nation of Classa are excited to learn and discover new things, but they have a bad case of collective ADD. Researching new technologies is easier, but improving upon old ones bores them.
[Burning]: Classa's fairies draw their energy from flame- while near burning fires, they are stronger, but they are weaker than normal at other times.

>1. How about we begin by burning things? Figure out how to start a fire, with magic!
>2. We have wings and don't even know how to use them? Figure something out!
>3. Rocks? What am I supposed to do with rocks!? They don't melt, they don't burn, all they do is sit around, and that's boring! Start collecting sand!
>>
>>1064249

(Declaring [New and Exciting] bonus for 1. and 2!)
>>
>>1064135

Ow
>>
Rolled 63, 77, 76 = 216 (3d100)

>>1064042
[Djinni Caliphate]
Eccentricities:
[Religious]: The Djinni of the Caliphate are fanatically religious, and gain bonuses to religious actions. However, this might seem extremely insulting to other powerful beings.
[Jihad]: When the Caliph calls a Jihad, life stops for the Djinni as the men put all their time into training. While mobilized, population growth stops, though mobilized Djinni troops are much stronger than other mobilized troops.

Action 1; Set up some farms in any possible arable land.
Action 2;Begin looking for any resources useful to our cause.
Action 3; Look for any animals we can herd and such.
>>
[Butterland]
The cultivation efforts of the Avarosi are a complete success, and a new farm is cultivated [+1 food], while research begins on the herbs [2/4]. Exploration efforts fall flat, however.

[Galkoki]
Both the lumber mill and the quarry are ready for business. They're small though, and don't produce much (Lumber Mill I [+1 wood/turn], Quarry I [+1 stone/turn]; -2 stone]. The prospecting mission fails though, as no ore is found.

[Golden Dominion]
The chattel don't seem to feel like working- one of their betters decides to make an example of one. It doesn't go well, and a small rebellion starts at the work camp. Thankfully, it isn't too bad- one of the elves suffers a head injury, but is expected to make a full recovery. However, the workers in the southern front are more compliant. Crude fishing nets are woven, and cast [Fishing Camp I; +1 food].

[Aquantis]
The strange fish of Primal World are nearly herded into a pen... then a massive shadow floats overhead, and they scatter. The Fishfolk are left with an empty coral pen, and no fish. Lucky for them though, a hunting party, just about to leave the city, spots them, throwing their fishing spears excitedly, each finding their mark [+1 food]. Aquantis's coral growers think they have the secret, coaxing the coral to grow higher and higher... and then the structure crumbles. Time to start over.

[Salique]
The creation of trinkets is nearly finished, they just need a few finishing touches [1/2; -1 copper]. The people panic at their lack of building materials, but luckily some stone is found at the last minute (I'll let this one slide, next time get resources first)[Temple I] (Again, you don't need to spend an action to speak to another player, just roleplay it. Dice refunded (extra action next turn).)

[Henoan Collective]
>My bad. Pop: 10 (+3/turn)

No garden is planted- it seems like the one put in charge of it is a rookie, and chose a completely useless spot for growing. However, some friendly enough beasts are found on the savannah on the southern edge of Henoan territory. Some wood is taken from the Collective's stockpile and a crude pen is constructed, the beasts, shaggy brown horses with stripes like a zebra's, herded inside. [RESOURCE: Equus herd; -1 wood].

[Alluria]
No success in converting the farms, and when the invitations go out, men scatter and run. No map, either.

[Jader]
The Jaderi cultivate more land (Farm I, +1 food), and the scouting party is sent out. While no swords are crafted, the scouting party comes back, absolutely laden with wood and clay (+5 wood and clay), also telling stories of the great creatures they saw; one in particular looked somewhat like the others, but it was bigger, and the horns on its head were much more ornate.
>>
>>1065256
[Arakos]
The hobgoblins look and look, but a suitable lake for a fishery isn't found. The scouting expedition comes back, arms full of stone [Stone +3], and the hobgoblins finally get a handle on basic construction techniques [Construction I]

[Classa]
The fairies begin concentrating on making fire; some sparks fly, but not much else [2/4]. Wings are flapped, but nothing happens, so the fairies turn their attention to collecting sand [1/2].

[Djinni Caliphate]
More farms are set up [Farm I, +1 food], and more bronze is found [+3 Bronze]. The search for animals in the barren desert of the Caliphate begins.

>RULES ADDENDUM
Everyone add a base (+1/turn) to the resources you have.
>>
Rolled 23, 63, 20 = 106 (3d100)

>>1065262
[Djinni Caliphate]
Food: 4
Structures: Government Building, Farm I (3)
Resources: [Bronze: 9] [Stone: 6] [Wood: 6]
Eccentricities:

Action 1;Continue the search for animals.
Action 2;Start constructing better tools from our bronze stock
Action 3;Begin improving our construction techniques.
>>
Rolled 89, 2, 69 = 160 (3d100)

Nation Name: Salique
Race(s): Fauns/satyrs and Serpentfolk
Color: Purple
Tech: Bronzeworking, Sailing I, Economics I, Poisonbrewing I, Temple I
Resources: [Copper: 4] [Fish: 5] [Silk]: 5
Eccentricities:
1)Mine for Copper
2)Dig for stone
3)Research better sailing
>>
Rolled 60, 57, 56 = 173 (3d100)

Population (+growth/turn): 16 (+3/turn)
Food: 2
Currency: 11 (+4/turn)
Resources: [Bronze :6(+1/turn)] [Jungle Herbs: 6(+1/turn)] [Jungle wood: 6(+1/turn)]
Eccentricities:

Research Herb

Search for new Herbs

Build Animal Pen.

Question: Do we come with any "assumed" knowledge, or must we learn everything? Fire, weaving, etc?
>>
>>1065409
Yes, you can assume you know the basics. The aesthetic of this game is 'swords and sandals'-esque, For now at least.
>>
Rolled 66, 98, 97 = 261 (3d100)

>>1065262

[Classá]
Population: 16 (+3/t)
Currency: 11 (+4/t)
Settlements: Sauna Oasis [Cap], Ugnis [Out], Nar [Out], Fuego [Out], Brasa [Out]
-Structures: {Sauna Oasis Def. 1 | Glass Palace, Farm I, Farm I}
Military: -x1 Sentairy [Str. 1]
Resources: [Bronze: 6+1/t] [Stone: 6+1/t] [Wood: 6+1/t]

>1.
[New and Exciting] (+10)
[Firemaking I]
This is going too slow. Turn up the heat! [Fire Magic I] (2/4)
>2.
[New and Exciting] (+10)
How embarrassing, the people to the west know how to glide just fine! Are we going to let them hog the skies to themselves? Try again! [Flying I]
>3.
Continue gathering sand. I want enough of it to build a- big building like the ones those far away people make. Yep! [1/2]
>>
Rolled 28, 33, 56 = 117 (3d100)

[Arakos]
Settlements: Mor'Taris* Outposts: Tol'Anrom, Tol'Iralon, Tol'Larhen, Tol'Margren
Population (+growth/turn): 14 (+4/turn)
Food: 2 (+1/turn)
Defenses: 1 Wooden Walls (Mor'Taris)
Military: 1 Warrior Band
Tech: Bronzeworking, Hunting I, Fishing I, Agriculture I, Construction I
Resources: [Bronze: 5] [Stone: 8] [Wood: 5]
Eccentricities:

1. Construct terraced farms to provide grain and millet for the stockpiles.
+Construction I, +Agriculture I
-Recent Nomads

2. Construct a Training Field
+Construction I
-Recent Nomads

It is important that our people and our warriors be able to train in the arts of combat and have a place to forge bonds of camaraderie.

3. Research Weapons I

Stone axes, clubs and, spears are things of the past. Bronze will be the secret to much improved weaponry.
>>
Rolled 85, 70, 48 = 203 (3d100)

[Golden Dominion]
Population (+growth/turn): 14 (+2/turn)
Structures: Hall of Perfection (Government Building), Farm I (2), Fishing Camp I
Military: 1 (Dominion Munifex)
Eccentricities:

1. Move mining operations to the mountainous region of Alberich in order to help contain future uprisings. Hopefully the hills and mountains are also much more likely to contain precious metals.

2. Likewise, build a lumbermill at the eastern outpost of Silvanar and move our major lumber operations there.

3. Stone buildings are all the rage right now, so begin on a stone quarry.

And as part of all three tasks, promise the imperfects an extended break, but ONLY when the buildings are complete.
>>
Rolled 98, 10, 15 = 123 (3d100)

>>1065262
[Galkoki]
Structures: Palace, Farm I (2), Lumber mill 1(1wood a turn), Quarry (1 stone a turn)
Resources: [Bronze: 6] [Stone: 4] [Wood:6](Base+1 everything)
Eccentricities:

Now then, we need to ensure my people are fed! So in turn we will try and develop irrigation using the lake as a source of water.

Meanwhile we'll once again attempt to prospect our lands for sources of metal such as Iron.

To ensure our lands and people are safe we must make sure we have an adequate amount of defenders! Begin the training of a retinue of Knights, our nations finest soldiers.
>>
Rolled 64, 3, 69 = 136 (3d100)

>>1065262
Name: Aquantis Dominion
Race: Fishfolk
Settlements: [Coralea], Garblax's Ravine, Lumerox Caverns, Blaxab Reef, Jorgox Wildlands
Food: 3 (1+1+1) (+1/turn)
Currency: 3 (+4/turn) (3+1)
Resources: [Coral: 6] (5+1) (+1/turn) [Seaweed: 6] (5+1) (+1/turn) [Driftwood: 6] (5+1) (+1/turn)
Eccentricities:
[Sea Dwellers]: The Fishfolk of the Aquantis Dominion are completely at home in the water, moving and expanding through it extremely quickly. The same cannot be said about them on land, however.
[Bounty of the Sea]: The seas of Primal World are teeming with life, and each action the Fishfolk take to acquire food is more successful. However, monsters lurk in the deep, and everything must come to the water's edge to drink....

Actions:
1) Explore within our borders for any useful resources.
2) Seeing the need for recording words and thoughts a group of wisemen brainstormed to lay down the foundations of our very own language by assigning meaning to symbols (aka alphabets/hieroglyphics)
3) Research kelp weaving.
>>
>>1065744
>3
You had one job, wisemen.
>>
Rolled 88, 54, 33 = 175 (3d100)

>>1065262
[Alluria]
Resources: [Bronze: 6] (+1/turn) [Stone: 6] (+1/turn) [Wood: 6] (+1/turn)
Eccentricities:

Action 1: Try to make our natural pheromones more potent somehow.
Action 2: Build a garden for growing beautiful flowers, like us.
Action 3: Research Illusion Magic.
>>
OP what exactly would be considered heavy armor as far as the Flashy eccentricity goes? Just armor that restricts movement too much or anything made of metal?
>>
Rolled 48, 100, 98 = 246 (3d100)

>>1065262
[Henoan Conclave]
Population: 16(+3/turn)
Currency: 15 (+4/turn)
Resources: [Bronze: 7+1] [Wood: 6+1] [Seeds:7+1] [Equus Herd]
Eccentricities:

>Begin Domesticating/Training Equus Herd
Do they get a +1/turn too? Do they even have a number?

>Have our foresters selectively coppice a grove of trees to produce a renewable source of wood.

>Have our craftsmen begin producing bows and bronze-tipped arrows.

How did my search for useful herbs go? [Rolled 60]
>>
File: 29984e8bbc0282590014cf0579c904e7.jpg (462KB, 1400x1081px) Image search: [Google]
29984e8bbc0282590014cf0579c904e7.jpg
462KB, 1400x1081px
Nation Name: Balbyonia
Race(s): Human
Color: Light Blue
Fluff: Balbyion claim to be the oldest human city, and actually may be one of the few places that can claim to be a city, in the world. Ancient lore say the very first humans on earth banded together at the foot of Mt. Arayan to build the great temple to Marr'duc. They then built stone walls around to guard it from the monsters that lurked about, and farms to feed those who lived within.
Generations later this simplistic tradition has not changed. Balbyonian's prize their great high stone walls and fortified city which climbs up the mountain, garding the pass from the dead deserts to the western greens. A mighty bastion of hard stone chiseled from the mountain, with several level's of walls wide enough for multiple chariots to ride abreast, each level going higher like steps on a stairs, so that if the first level is breached they might hold the second, and if the second is breached they might hold the third.
Asides their stone structures, the Balbyonia's prize most of all their Terraced Gardens. Because they prefer to build up rather than outward, and to live inside their walls rather than outside, Balbyonians devised a sophisticated garden system within their city. Using spring water from the mountain, and molten snow from its peaks, they water cantilevered farms and gardens which grow on hung pots, raised rows, and even window sills. All Balbyonian's know how to grow and cultivate fruits and vegetables and keep a garden home, and skilled Terrace Farmers are among the most well respected professions. The great feast of Marr'duc celebrates all Balbyonian's sacred rights to food. Even the beggars do not go hungry, though they are compelled to work in the snow furnaces if they cannot find another job.
Balbyon stands tall and alone, its walls green with gardens and farms, guarding the pass to the west, and are a strong, but peaceful, people.
>>
File: Here.png (5MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Here.png
5MB, 2500x2000px
>>1066900
>>1066900
>>1067015

I think we've cut off new nations. Also you might want to find another spot because tensions will rise between our two nations due to you crowding me out.
>>
>>1067062

If you do get in that is
>>
>>1067062
New nations aren't cut off, I just didn't stat a few immediately. >>1067015 you're welcome to join, but you'll be moved over a bit.
>>
Rolled 39, 6, 88 = 133 (3d100)

>>1067070
How often do you plan to post?
>>
>>1067076
Daily, maybe twice daily. Updates are easy.
>>
>>1067070

Fair enough. I do see problems with allowing more people after him though, the map just isn't big enough
>>
>>1067096
Yeah, I do see your point. Could always add extensions though.
>>
>>1067102

Yeah, maybe a new continent somewhere
>>
>>1067070
I'm going to think of a good spot. I'd like a mountain place.

I just felt that one was okay because it would fit the bill of a mountain overlooking a pass.
>>
>>1067129
I could just move you over to the left a bit heh
>>
If you're looking for a spot, might I recommend somewhere in this area? It has mountains and sea access and isn't terribly close to any civs
>>
File: spot.png (4MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
spot.png
4MB, 2500x2000px
Whoops forgot pic
>>
File: Here.png (5MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Here.png
5MB, 2500x2000px
Move me here instead.
>>
>>1067153
Actually I would prefer your suggestion if I could keep the pass.

I don't want to crowd the Gold Player, I just liked that spot. Maybe I don't have to be so circular around my capital and that could just be my eastern edge, with the other four outpost mostly on the plains.
>>
>>1067170
This is my preferred
>>1067164
This is my second option if that can't be done

I'll leave the decision to you OP. Just give me and Gold some berth
>>
>>1062320
>Nation Name: Black Feather Tribal Republic
>Race(s): Lizard-folk, Gator People, Turtle-folk, and Snake People
>Color: Dark Puple
>Fluff: The various Reptile humanoids had lived in the marshlands since the dawn of civilization. Wars between themselves, each other, and outsiders has kept them primitive. In the past hundred years, a new religion spread like wildfire among the tribes, connecting them like never before. Now the tribes appoint representatives to a council who among themselves elect a leader. Each of the tribes have two representatives, one being a shaman. The Gator People and Lizard Folk also send a warrior representative. The Turtle folk sends their eldest member and the Snake People sends the oldest female.

>-Don't fill out (unless told)-
>Settlements: (Player-named capital) (Player-Named outpost (4))
>Territory:
>Population (+growth/turn): GM Generated
>Food: 1
>Currency: 3 (+x/turn)
>Industry: 5
>Structures: Government Building, Farm I (2)
>Defenses: GM Generated
>Military: 1 (Player Named Unit)
>Tech: Bronzeworking (Others determined by Fluff)
>Resources:
>Eccentricities: GM Generated (Again, the better the fluff, the more of a feel GM has for your nation.)
>>
>>1067828
Last one for now. Making an exception cause I know this person.
>>
[Djinni Caliphate]
The search for beasts continues [2/4], and the fires roar as better tools are created [2/4]. Finally, the Caliphate's builders look to improve their techniques, but just barely [1/4].

[Salique]
>Change 'copper' to 'bronze' resource, please
While the bronze mine is nearly ready for business [3/4; -1 wood], disaster strikes the quarry, as the wooden supports holding it together break, and the project needs to be started over [-1 wood]. However, the Salique merchant captains start looking to improve their boats [2/6]!

[Butterland]
Improved herbalism research is nearly complete [4/6], and the search for new herbs begins, off to a good start [2/4]. A pen for any animals the Avarosi come across is also erected [2/4; -1 wood].

[Classa]
Finally, putting their minds to it, tiny flames flicker from the palms of some of Classa's fairies [Fire Magic I]! The other projects go well too; flapping their wings, the fairies are able to take flight [Flight I], and a large deposit of sand is found, and collected [+4 Sand].

[Arakos]
There is sadly little progress on the farms [1/4; -1 wood], or the training field [1/4; -1 stone]. Better weaponry is in the works, though [2/4].

[Golden Dominion]
The mine is nearly complete [3/4; -1 wood], and the lumber mill begins construction as well [2/4; -1 wood]. A quarry is also being dug, but at a slower pace [1/4].

[Galkoki]
With the Galkoki's manpower, the lake is easily diverted. Where the Galkoki used to either wait for rain or transport the water by hand, they don't have too anymore [Agriculture I, +1 food]. However, with all the work to be done diverting the lake, not much else gets accomplished.

[Aquantis]
An exploration party sets out [3/4], and a crude writing system is established! Unfortunately, the seaweed scroll it had been written on is left too close to an undersea vent, and shrivels up. The elder who had worked on it dies soon after, taking its secrets with him before he could share [-1 seaweed].

[Alluria]
The scents the Alraune secrete become more potent [4/6], and work on a garden starts, stone laid out to mark its borders [2/4; -1 stone]. Research into the basics of illusion magic starts [1/4].

[Henoan Conclave]
>Yes, my mistake. Start at 5, and grow at +1 per turn (they don't cost food though)
>Also herb research is at 2/4
The Equus training begins, the animals quickly taking to their new masters [2/4]. Meanwhile, the expedition into the woods is a massive success, and a suitable grove of trees is found. They use wood gathered from the grove to construct their lumber mill, so they don't use any of the Conclave's stocks. [Lumber Mill I, +2 wood/turn]. Finally, the craftsmen set to work on making their bows and arrows, easily mastering the work [TECH: Archery I].

>From now on, please list any relevant techs/bonuses with your actions, as well as any progress already made, Saves me the trouble of having to go look :^)
>>
So do we have to use actions to finish works in progress or is it passive like with settlements?
>>
>>1068038
>while research begins on the herbs [2/4]
>Improved herbalism research is nearly complete [4/6]
Did I already gain a bonus, or did it reqs get higher?
>>
CLASSA
>Shortly after the fairies discover they can make fire with nothing, a pair of them are out for a stroll, and spot a strange figure; a woman, tall with skin the color of soot, wearing a black robe with red and gold markings, which seem to shimmer as she moves. When she moves out of vision, the fairies move closer to investigate; where she has stepped, the ground is black and burnt. As they rush to tell the others, they spot another figure, similar to the first, but wearing a simple white flowing dress, a sad expression on her face.

[Henoan Collective]
When heading back from building the mill, some of the workers spot a figure inspecting the grove- a tall, dusky skinned woman wearing a simple white gown. She looks like she is smiling.

>>1066900
>>1067828
I'll get to you ASAP, just wanted to get the turn update out.

>>1068064
actions.

>>1068077
The requirements are higher because it's a tier 2 tech. It was my mistake putting a /4 on it, sorry.
>>
Rolled 17, 55, 1 = 73 (3d100)

>>1068038
Population (+growth/turn): 19(+3/turn)
Currency: 15(+4/turn)
Resources: [Bronze :7(+1/turn)] [Jungle Herbs: 7(+1/turn)] [Jungle wood: 6(+1/turn)]
Eccentricities:

Research Herbs. [4/6] [+Natural Healers, +Medicine 1, +Herbalism 1]

Build Animal Pen [2/4]

Develop Writing.

That look right with the relevant techs/bonuses?
>>
>>1068118
Yep, you're good.
>>
>>1068118
>17
>1
Fuck me.
>>
Rolled 95, 10, 16 = 121 (3d100)

>>1068038
[Alluria]
Currency: 9 (+3/turn)
Resources: [Bronze: 7] (+1/turn) [Stone: 6] (+1/turn) [Wood: 7] (+1/turn)
Eccentricities:

Action 1: Try to make our natural pheromones more potent somehow. [4/6]
Action 2: Build a garden for growing beautiful flowers, like us. [2/4]
Action 3: Research Illusion Magic. [1/4]
>>
Rolled 97, 69, 19 = 185 (3d100)

[Golden Dominion]
Population (+growth/turn): 16 (+2/turn)
Structures: Hall of Perfection (Government Building), Farm I (2), Fishing Camp I
Resources: [Bronze: 7 (+1/turn)] [Gems: 7 (+1/turn)] [Wood: 6 (+1/turn)]
Eccentricities:
Works in Progress: Mine (3/4), Lumbermill (2/4), Quarry (1/4)

1. Finish work on the mines. Have those working on the quarry divert their efforts to the mines. (3/4) [+Slave Labor, +Craftsmanship I].
2. Work on the lumbermill (2/4) [+Slave Labor, +Craftsmanship I].
3. We should begin to locate and corral beasts of burden to make labor more efficient. Efficiency is king and the imperfects are, well, imperfect.
>>
Rolled 72, 3, 31 = 106 (3d100)

>>1068038
>Name: Aquantis Dominion
>Race: Fishfolk
>Color: Lime Green
>Settlements: [Coralea], Garblax's Ravine, Lumerox Caverns, Blaxab Reef, Jorgox Wildlands
>Territory: 39
>Population (+growth/turn): 14 (+4/turn)
>Food: 4 (+1/turn)
>Currency: 7 (+4/turn)
>Industry: 5
>Structures: Government Building, Farm I (2)
>Defenses: 1 (Coralea)
>Military: 1 (Spear of Odein)
>Tech: Bronzeworking, Coral Farming I, Fish Herding I, Agriculture I
>Resources: [Coral: 7] (+1/turn) [Seaweed: 6] (+1/turn) [Driftwood: 7] (+1/turn)
>Eccentricities:
>[Sea Dwellers]: The Fishfolk of the Aquantis Dominion are completely at home in the water, moving and expanding through it extremely quickly. The same cannot be said about them on land, however.
>[Bounty of the Sea]: The seas of Primal World are teeming with life, and each action the Fishfolk take to acquire food is more successful. However, monsters lurk in the deep, and everything must come to the water's edge to drink....

Actions:
1) Research Writing
2) Research Mathematics
3) Research Weaving

exploration party [3/4]
>>
>>1068173

Also as a free action (I would assume) the Council of Paragons has unanimously passed a resolution to change the name of the Golden Dominion to the Aurean Dominion due to the fact that the term "Golden" has fallen out of fashion. The name, derived from Aureus, which means "Golden" in the High Elven tongue, was chosen to better connect the high elves with their cultural heritage.
>>
Ancients4chan.png
5MB, 2500x2000px
[Balbyionia]
Defenses: 1 (Capital City)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Agriculture I, Fortifications I, Masonry I
Resources: [Copper: 5] [Stone:5] [Wood: 5]
Eccentricities:
[Advanced Architecture]: Not many structures are as magnificent as those built by the humans of Balbyonia; their settlements can house more people, increasing population growth, but cost more resources.
[Terraced Farms]: Like their cities, the farms of Balbyonia are very advanced. They take much more time and resources, owing to their complexity, but provide more food

[Black Feather]
Currency: 3 (+2/turn)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Agriculture I, Treeweaving I, Herbalism I
Eccentricities:
[Primitive]: The reptilians of Black Feather are simpler, and in turn, more in tune with the flow of nature. However, they find it harder to master more complex technologies, or industrialize.
[Armored Hides]: Thickly scaled, the Black Feather tribesmen are naturally armored, and much harder to kill. However, this has made them cocky, and will often wade into danger they have little hope of escaping.

>You both get two makeup turns. Jader also gets one, as they missed the last turn.
>>
File: 1389158986209.jpg (269KB, 1155x692px) Image search: [Google]
1389158986209.jpg
269KB, 1155x692px
Rolled 72, 59, 85, 5, 48, 22, 2, 100, 24 = 417 (9d100)

>1068307
[Black Feather]
Settlements: Capital: Black Feather, Outposts: Codilia (N), Chelydra (E), Natricinae (W), Basiliscus (S)
Population (+growth/turn): 22 (+4/turn)
Currency: 9 (+2/turn)
Military: 1 (First Claw)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Agriculture I, Treeweaving I, Herbalism I
Eccentricities:
[Primitive]: The reptilians of Black Feather are simpler, and in turn, more in tune with the flow of nature. However, they find it harder to master more complex technologies, or industrialize.
[Armored Hides]: Thickly scaled, the Black Feather tribesmen are naturally armored, and much harder to kill. However, this has made them cocky, and will often wade into danger they have little hope of escaping.

>Research Boat making (3 actions)
>Pray to the grand spirit (1 action)
>Hunt for food (2 actions)
>Research Fishing (2 actions)
>Research Currency (1 action)
>>
Rolled 2, 80, 41 = 123 (3d100)

>>1068038
[Galkoki]
Structures: Palace, Farm I (2), Lumber mill 1(1wood a turn), Quarry (1 stone a turn)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Weaponsmithing I, Armorsmithing I, Sailing I, [Agriculture I, +1 food].
Resources: [Bronze: 8] [Stone: 2] [Wood:8](Base+1 everything)
Eccentricities:
[Professional Soldiers]: The Knights of the Kingdom are famed for their prowess in battle. While their training takes much longer than other standard soldiers, they are much stronger for it

Once again try and train a retinue of Knights.[Professional Soldiers]

Once again attempt to prospect our lands for metal.

Then try to domesticate some animals like horses and what not.

Also for my agriculture thing is it a food a turn or is it a permanent+1 making my food always 2 until something happens?
>>
>>1068453
Permanent +1. Food doesn't passively increase.
>>
Two questions:

What would qualify as "heavy armor" to you? Like platemail and stuff like that?

Also are there any factors (stats, etc.) that affect population growth?
>>
>>1068506
1) Yes, heavy armor
2) Building cities/villages, as well as researching some techs might increase pop growth.
>>
Rolled 30, 24, 16 = 70 (3d100)

>>1068038
[Henoan Conclave]
Population: 19(+3/turn)
Currency: 19 (+4/turn)
Structures: Government Building, Farm I (2), Lumber Mill I (1)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Ecology I, Domestication I, Agriculture I, Archery I
Resources: [Bronze: 8+1] [Wood: 9+3] [Seeds:8+1] [Equus Herd:7+1]
Eccentricities:
Research: Herbs[2/4], Equus Training[2/4]

>Continue Equus Training (Domestication I)

>Continue Herb Research (Ecology I, Master Ecologists)

>Hold a thanksgiving festival in the new grove to celebrate nature's provision for our need of wood, sacrificing some of it's own body to strengthen ours. Demonstrating the circle of life and the transfer of energy through the universe. The festival features a woodworker's arts&crafts fair, a fighting competition with wooden weapons, an archery contest, a strongman contest with wooden weights (i.e. highland games/caber toss), a wooden obstacle course race, music on wooden instruments and dancing around the trees. (Archery I?)
>>
File: limehouse_sword_8_dec_2007_1.jpg (65KB, 688x496px) Image search: [Google]
limehouse_sword_8_dec_2007_1.jpg
65KB, 688x496px
Rolled 67, 98, 56 = 221 (3d100)

[Arakos]
Settlements: Mor'Taris* Outposts: Tol'Anrom, Tol'Iralon, Tol'Larhen, Tol'Margren
Population (+growth/turn): 14 (+4/turn)
Food: 2 (+1/turn)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Hunting I, Fishing I, Agriculture I, Construction I
Resources: [Bronze: 5] [Stone: 7] [Wood: 4]
Eccentricities:

1. Terraced Farms 1/4
+Construction I
-Recent Nomads
The area is set for additional farming near the capitol.

2. Construct a Training Field 1/4
+Construction I
-Recent Nomads

The land has been cleared and the foundations laid.

3. Research Weapons I 2/4

We've learned how to set a bronze to weapons, but difficulties remain in making the metal strong enough for combat use.
>>
File: 66c0efea5752e10d1b4a0cb46eeccab5.jpg (186KB, 1200x1103px) Image search: [Google]
66c0efea5752e10d1b4a0cb46eeccab5.jpg
186KB, 1200x1103px
>>1068091

The two fairies of fire paused in front of the glum-looking tall person, momentarily forgetting the startling spectacle of the dark figure they had been quick to flee. Of the duo, the red-haired fairy spoke first, fear melting into curiosity as long dormant senses started picking up a most curious feeling, both fairies' wings glowing a burning orange in the backdrop of the setting sun.

"Hey miss, are you lost? This is a long way away from tall-person territory. Where are your wings? "

Her blonde cohort was looking from behind, remembering what they just ran from and making sure it didn't follow along.
>>
Rolled 62, 69, 33 = 164 (3d100)

[Balbyionia]
Settlements: Bablyonia (Outposts (4))
Defenses: 1 Walls of Balbyion
Military: 1 Balbyionian Home Guard
Resources:
[Copper: 5] +1/turn
[Stone:5] +1/turn
[Wood: 5] +1/turn
Eccentricities:
[Advanced Architecture]: Not many structures are as magnificent as those built by the humans of Balbyonia; their settlements can house more people, increasing population growth, but cost more resources.
[Terraced Farms]: Like their cities, the farms of Balbyonia are very advanced. They take much more time and resources, owing to their complexity, but provide more food

1. Develop better Agriculture

2. Build another stone mine

3. Develop animal Domestication
>>
>>1069119
You have two makeup turns as well, remember.
>>
>>1071761
meant for >>1071748
>>
>>1069119
The tall, soot skinned woman turns to regard the two small fairies, and she smiles sadly. "Oh no, I'm not lost, little one. I know exactly where I am." She sighs again, looking around. "There used to be a beautiful grove of trees here." She looks around for a few more minutes, ignoring her new companions, though after a few minutes remembers them again. "I'm sorry, I never introduced myself. You may call me Sameda. I suppose you younger races would call me an 'Ancient'." She smiles sadly again. "One of life, balance, and nature... but also fire." To demonstrate, the tall woman, Sameda, stands back and holds her arm out, palm facing up. Suddenly a large, hot fireball appears floating above her palm- it doesn't take someone with magical knowledge to tell that it is very hot, and very powerful. Suddenly the fireball disappears, and Sameda withdraws her hand.
>>
>>1071761
Okay. Thanks OP
>>
Rolled 27, 9, 34, 75, 35, 93 = 273 (6d100)

Makeups.

1. Develop Domestication

2. Develop Chariots

3. Develop Archery

4. Develop Bronze Spears

5. Develop Bronze Shields

6. Build a library
>>
>>1068091
The workers are breathless in awe of the graceful and majestic figure.Finally, one of them works up the nerve to approach her.
"Greetings fair lady. Is there anything we can do for you on this fine day? Or have you come to admire the beautiful grove that Nature has provided us?"
>>
>>1071917

Gazing at the massive sphere of fire with great respect, the two fairies could only gawk at the Ancient's power, feeling themselves small in comparison. "Woah, that's pretty neat. We can cast fire too see, but not anything like that."

The red-haired fairy took a deep breath and stuck out her palms, discharging sparks from them until faint wisps of flame could be seen, about the size of small torches, though she nevertheless seemed quite proud of herself. Her blonde friend glanced at Sameda with a puzzled expression. "What happened to the grove? Oh and- I'm Grill, and that's Ruddle. We're fairies, and we've got an important discovery we need to show our leader! There's someone in the woods that looks kind of like you, which we were running from. Do you know her?"
>>
>>1071917
Is it too late to join?
>>
>>1073021
Map is a little full
>>
>>1073021
What am I thinking, of course not. Put me on the south western peninsula
Nation Name: the feathered empire
Race(s): winged elves
Color: dark blue
Fluff: the proud elves have only recently gathered under their ever youthful diety-monarch. Many of them still refuse to believe that Aithlin is as immortal as they claim.
>>
>>1073031
Oh, I saw a portion of the map that looked ideal.
>>
>>1073073
No. As I stated here >>1067932 last one.
>>
Rolled 94, 51, 29 = 174 (3d100)

>>1068038

[Classá]
Population: 19 (+3/t)
Currency: 15 (+4/t)
Settlements: Sauna Oasis [Cap], Ugnis [Out], Nar [Out], Fuego [Out], Brasa [Out]
-Structures: {Sauna Oasis Def. 1 | Glass Palace, Farm I, Farm I, Sand Pit}
Military: -x1 Sentairy [Str. 1]
Magic: Fire I, Flight I
Resources: [Bronze: 7+1/t] [Stone: 7+1/t] [Wood: 7+1/t] [Sand: 5+1/t]
>1.
[Fire Magic I]
[Glassworking I]
[Firemaking I]
Bronze: 1?
Stone: 1?
Sand: 1?
<Work begins on making a large glass smelter, using the new found fire magic of the fairies to assemble components of the building out of glass itself.>
>2.
[New and Exciting] (+10)
Research [Currency]! What's that? A medium of exchange that's less clumsy than trading physical objects around all the time like everyone else does. Since we've got all this sand, lets make it from glass!
>3.
[New and Exciting] (+10)
With currency comes the need to keep track of it somehow, using some sort of wordy- words. Lets- [Write] these words, using tablets of what else, glass! We'll be the wordiest place in the world!
>>
>>1073092
Sorry about that, I was in an earlier quest of yours and was excited to join another, you may not recall, the devil's coalition?
>>
Rolled 57, 39, 27 = 123 (3d100)

>>1068038
[Djinni Caliphate]
Resources: [Bronze: 9] [Stone: 6] [Wood: 6]
Eccentricities:

1;Look for beasts
2;Make better tools
3;Gather more wood
>>
>>1073119
Okay, you're the last one. Don't worry, the troll from the last game has fucked off :^)
>>
Update soon OP? 11/13 reporting not counting the newcomer
>>
Rolled 87, 35, 30 = 152 (3d100)

>>1073555
Hopey ship, I didn't expect to actually get in!
1. Aforementioned faith infused nautical vessel.
2. Figure out these wings
3. Grow fruits
>>
>>1074001
Relatively soon, yes. Nearly done with the update.
>>1074130
I'll stat you first, then you can have make up turns.
>>
>>1072534
The tall figure turns to the man and smiles. "Hello there. I was just admiring the grove. I see you have put it to use for your own ends, but done so in such a way that the beauty of it is preserved." She nods approvingly. "You have done well."

>>1072760
Sameda chuckles and nods at the two fairies. "Well, of course you can, why do you think I'm here?" At the two questions posed by the blonde fairies, Sameda's expression darkens a bit. In regards to the first question, she gestures around. "See for yourself. It's all gone, burnt down by the fires you start." She sighs again, then flinches at the second question, her eyes flashing in recognition. "That's... another Ancient. We aren't on speaking terms, I'm afraid."
>>
>>1072768
>>1074664
>>
[Butterland]
Herbalism improvements are almost done [5/6], though the pen is complete [Animal Pen]. A writing system is developed! Unfortunately, it's written on some of the Avarosi lumber stocks- a massive thunderstorm rocks the night, and some lightning strikes the wood pile. Most of it is saved, but the pieces on which the writing is on is incinerated [-1 wood].

[Alluria]
Finally, the pheromones of the Alraune are improved, now stronger and reaching further [Scent II], but no garden or magic.

[Golden Dominion]
Work on the mines [ Gem mine I (+1 gem/turn);-1 wood], and the lumbermill [Lumbermill I (+1 wood/turn); -1 wood] both complete, but no beasts are found.

[Aquantis Dominion]
A writing system is being developed [3/4], but mathematics stumps the Dominion. Weaving begins [1/4].

[Black Feather Tribe]
Knowing they are behind the curve, the Black Feather Tribes work frantically on their boats; they turn out to be extremely well made [Boats II; -2 wood]. Unfortunately, the prayers go unanswered, but the hunt goes well [+1 food]. The fishing expedition doesn't go well at first, but then a huge wave of fish flood the swamp, almost out of nowhere [+3 food]

[Galkoki]
No knights are trained, but some bronze is found [+3 Bronze]! Some horse like creatures are found and corralled [Equus herd].

[Henoan Conclave]
Equus training nears completion [3/4], but there is no progress on the herb research. The Thanksgiving festival also flounders, as no one shows up.

[Arakos]
The Terraced Farms are completed [Farms I (+1 food)], as well as the training field [Training Field I]. The hobgoblins of Arakos complete their weapons refinement [Weapons I]!

[Balbyionia]
Better Agriculture is in the works [2/6], as well as another stone mine [2/4;-1 wood]. Domestication efforts start, but actual creatures will be needed to found to finish [2/???]. No chariots are made, but bows [1/4; -1 wood], bronze spears [3/4; -1 bronze], and shields [1/4; -1 wood]. are all in development. A library is also quickly built [Library I; -1 wood].

[Classa]
The glass factory is complete easily [Glass Factory I (+1 glass/turn);=1 stone)]. And while the fairies try to kickstart their economy more (2/4), they also start developing a writing system [1/4].

[Djinni Caliphate]
After wandering the savannahs of their Caliphate, the Djinni find camels [Camel Herd: 5 (+1/turn)], and better tools are started [1/4; -1 bronze]. More wood is gathered, but only a bit [+1 wood].
>>
>>1074674
[NATION/WORLD EVENTS]
Alluria
>The tenders of the scent-gardens report seeing two figures snooping around, both distinctly male. One has startling black skin, and is actually found in the gardens, looking around- the Alraune who caught him reported that he just smiled and walked away; they gave chase, but couldn't find him. The other figure was spotted at some distance, watching from a cliff overlooking the settlement, arms crossed.

[Golden Dominion]
>Riches were found in the mine- a small deposit of pure diamond! The overseers rejoice, but as it is late, they turn in. When they wake up, they go back into the mine... only to find the diamond missing. They question the 'workers', and get lucky- one of them had spotted a short, stocky figure, hairless, and skin the color of rust, sneak into the mine while everyone else was asleep- loud noises interrupt the questioning, and everyone runs to see what is going on. What the overseers see astounds them- a giant man, seemingly carved from the earth itself, is heaving boulders the size of the average elf at a much smaller figure, who darts and weaves around them. The worker reports that the smaller figure is the one he saw the night before.

[Black Feather]
>As the fishing expedition returns, some of the fishermen tell a startling tale- they'd seen a boat, floating a bit further away than the rest of the fishing fleet, with a whistling Lizard-folk in it. However, when asked to describe him, the description didn't match anyone in the village. Still others saw the outline of a huge, monstrous crocodile just underneath the water.
>>
>>1069028
[NATION EVENTS]
ARAKOS
> As the Hobgoblins flood the training grounds, some spot a tall, heavily muscled figure overlooking the settlement from a hilltop. He looks pleased.
>>
Rolled 69, 45, 38 = 152 (3d100)

>>1074674
Population (+growth/turn): 22(+3/turn)
Currency: 19(+4/turn)
Structures: Government Building, Farm I (3), Animal Pen
Resources: [Bronze :8(+1/turn)] [Jungle Herbs: 7(+1/turn)] [Jungle wood: 6(+1/turn)]
Eccentricities:

Research Herbs. [5/6] [+Natural Healers. +Medicine 1, +Herbalism 1]

Research Math.

Send men out to gather animals, alive, to put into out Pen.

Question about Natural Healers. Does raising/training military and making weapons for self defense suffer from it, or is it neutral?
>>
>>1074721
raising military is unaffected, just discovering more ways to kill things is.
>>
Ancients4chan.png
5MB, 2500x2000px
[Feathered Empire]
Tech: Bronzeworking, Infantry I
Resources: [Bronze: 5] [Wood: 5] [Stone: 5]
Eccentricities: Better fluff needed, unless you want totally random, and potentially useless ones.
>>
>>1074674

Does my Slave Labor perk grant any bonuses to the resources gained from the mines/lumbermills?
>>
>>1074664

The red-haired fairy of the team, Ruddle, turned her head a bit. "Oh, those trees belonged to you? We were told to practice figuring out how to use fire magic, and they were aligned really conveniently to start a really big blaze, which feels really good to be near, especially when you're the one who started it.

It's the job of fire to burn things that are flammable, isn't it?"

Grill frowned at Ruddle's words, knowing that they were an inappropriate thing to state to the face of someone whose property they just destroyed. "What she means to say is, we're really sorry that we burned your grove down. I- we'd like to help you fix it, but there's not really anything I think we can do; we're not good with plants, none of us know about growing much. It's why most of us live in the desert; if we didn't, the whole woods would probably burn down.

Hey, can we ask you more about that other lady? Is she dangerous? Did she burn down your grove too?"

She took a deep breath after rambling on for an extended period. "Sorry, I don't mean to be so talky, but we don't bump into new people that often."
>>
>>1074761
It should, sorry. +1 each. I always forget stuff when it comes to /qst/ it seems.
>>
>>1074753
Sorry, our fluff is basically a close link to the skies and the weather, and we believe that makes us superior to lesser, "earth bound" races.
>>
>>1074773

No prob
>>
Rolled 63, 16, 49, 57, 72, 36 = 293 (6d100)

>>1074774
>>1074753
Actions:
1. Research air magic
2. Research agriculture
3. Research nautical (or boats or whatever)
4. Research hope magic
5. Grow fruit
6. Grow even more fruit
I hope you don't mind me doing 2 turns at once here.
>>
>>1074774
Eccentricities:
Born of Air: The denizens of the Feathered Empire have a special affinity for the air and the weather, but can't really figure out how to work with things from the earth.
[Immortal Leader]: The eternal child may decree that his people focus on one task each turn, producing better results. Beware of sabotage and/or rebellion.
>By my count, you have 3 make up turns.
>>
Rolled 6, 51, 56 = 113 (3d100)

>>1074674
>>1068371

[Black Feather]
Settlements: Capital: Black Feather, Outposts: Codilia (N), Chelydra (E), Natricinae (W), Basiliscus (S)
Population (+growth/turn): 26 (+4/turn)
Food: 5
Currency: 1 (+2/turn)
Structures: Hall of Scales, Farm I (2)
Defenses: 1 (Black Feather)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Agriculture I, Treeweaving I, Herbalism I, Boats II
Resources: [Copper: 5] [Stone:5] [Wood: 3]
Eccentricities:

RP:
In the Hall of Scales, the council was debilitation the recent rumors.
"A great hunt will lay these rumors to rest," said Chief Gna of the Gator Tribe. "And if we're lucky, it is just a shy lady. Super Sized." He laughs while emptying his drink.
"Yes, but what if is a creature from the spirit world," replied Priest Sun On Back."To anger the great spirit will shatter what unity we have gained." A chorus of hums and nods followed.
"Enough," said the High Chief. She took a few minutes of silence to ponder, before replying "Nothing will stop the expansion of internal trade. In fact I motion we invest into expediting the process. On the same note, we cannot ignore this potential threat or blessing. We will search to determine if this shadow is hearsay or not."

>Research Currency )1/4)
-Primitive, spending +10 currency
>Search the area for any signs of a large reptile or other unusual things in the swamp
+Primitive
>Begin construction of Stone Quarry
>>
>>1074816
>>1074811
Fruits from the soil on both counts.
2 and 5
>>
Rolled 49, 37, 4 = 90 (3d100)

>>1074674
[Galkoki]
Population (+growth/turn): 19 (+3/turn)
Currency: 12 (+3/turn)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Weaponsmithing I, Armorsmithing I, Sailing I, [Agriculture I, +1 food].
Resources: [Bronze: 12] [Stone: 4] [Wood:10](Base+1 everything)
Eccentricities:
[Professional Soldiers]: The Knights of the Kingdom are famed for their prowess in battle. While their training takes much longer than other standard soldiers, they are much stronger for it

TRAIN KNIGHTS

Attempt to domesticate the Equus to use as calvalry

Send a scouting party south to make contact with the other fellow human nation and perhaps intiate a trade route.
>>
File: hobgoblin_leader__storn_cook.png (188KB, 293x400px) Image search: [Google]
hobgoblin_leader__storn_cook.png
188KB, 293x400px
>>1074684
A few warriors approach the figure with bronze swords and spears readied. They know not of who or what he is, and approach cautiously. The leader of the band, numbering twelve, speaks out from his position in the front of the squadron of troops.

"Who are you, and why are you in the territory of Arakos?"
>>
ONCE AGAIN, as people are apparently not listening, you do not need to use an action to merely contact and roleplay with another player!!!
>>
>>1074761
Howdy there my eastern neighbor.
>>
>>1074885
I thought we would need a action to formalize natural trade leading to both people benefiting in the long run. Anyways I fucked the roll anyways so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>1074753
[Feathered Empire]
Settlements: (Feather's Cradle (capital) (Southerport, Easterport, Westerport, Soil's Meet)
Military: 1 (Breezy)
Resources: [Bronze: 5] [Wood: 5] [Stone: 5]
Eccentricities:
Born of Air: The denizens of the Feathered Empire have a special affinity for the air and the weather, but can't really figure out how to work with things from the earth.
[Immortal Leader]: The eternal child may decree that his people focus on one task each turn, producing better results. Beware of sabotage and/or rebellion.
>>
>>1073488
Hi there neighbor. I'm the diefic monarch of this nation over here. I've just popped over to say that I hope we can get along just fine. filthy dirt muncher
>>
File: rupee3.jpg (36KB, 398x212px) Image search: [Google]
rupee3.jpg
36KB, 398x212px
Rolled 99, 43, 3 = 145 (3d100)

[Golden Dominion]

Population (+growth/turn): 18 (+2/turn)
Resources: [Bronze: 8 (+1/turn)] [Gems: 10 (+3/turn)] [Wood: 7 (+3/turn)]
Eccentricities:
Works in Progress: Quarry (1/4)

1. As it stands, our population growth is abysmal. We cannot build a mighty empire with so few hands. Therefore, the Council of Paragons hereby creates a bi-monthly festival wherein all the citizens of the Dominion may partake in merriment, festivities and lovemaking. Imperfects are welcome to attend, but are not allowed to pair up with those above them. This should not only boost the morale of the imperfects but also help to solve our little fertility rate problem. (See the Roman festival of Saturnalia if you want to know what I'm getting at)
2. After the workers' promised break they are to immediately resume work on the quarry. [Slave Labor] [Craftsmanship I]
3. With our gem production soaring, the Council of Paragons institutes a new policy wherein currency is to be coined of cut gemstones. Each gemstone will have its own worth. Green gems will be worth the least, blue gems will be worth more, and red gems will be worth the most. (Pic related)
>>
File: Hobgoblin (1).jpg (58KB, 354x595px) Image search: [Google]
Hobgoblin (1).jpg
58KB, 354x595px
Rolled 4, 53, 55 = 112 (3d100)

[Arakos]
Population (+growth/turn): 22 (+4/turn)
Food: 5 (+2/turn)
Currency: 11 (+4/turn)
Structures: Warlord's Lodge, Farm I (2), Training Field I, Terraced Farm I
Tech: Bronzeworking, Hunting I, Fishing I, Agriculture I, Construction I, Weapons I
Resources: [Bronze: 5] [Stone: 7] [Wood: 4]
Eccentricities:

1. Research Armor I

Hobgoblin warriors are increasingly inventive when it comes toward warfare. With bronze weapons they have seen a need for armor to counter its effects. Shields of wood covered with the hides of goats with a narrow center of bronze become commonplace as a side arm to most Arakosi warriors.

2. Train Warriors
+[Bronze: 5]
+Training Field I
+Weapons I
+[Harsh Homeland]

For the Arakosi few things are more frightening than the prospect of being unable to defend oneself. The Blackmar Mountains are notorious for their hobgoblin-eating creatures and it is necessary for the majority of the populace to know how to wield spear, axe, or club in defense of the homestead. Of the many who comes to train only the best will be selected for the Warbands that patrol the mountains between outposts and Mor'Taris. One such Warlord overlooks the Training Fields now, searching for a suitable group of recruits to lead south.

3. Expand South
+[Former Nomads]

With increased confidence in strength of arms and with plenty of food being stockpiled for harsh summers and harsher winters more settlers and patrols are being sent toward the milder southern ends of the continent. While the number of Hobgoblins moving south are small now, they are sure to increase in number as paths through the mountains are discovered.
>>
>>1075079
Howdy my Western neighbor
>>
>>1075161
>>1075079
Oh wait, you are the eastern one
>>
>>1074763
Sameda chuckles. "No, they didn't /belong/ to me. They belonged to nature, and nature belongs to everybody, doesn't it?" She looks around at the burned landscape the fairies call home."Yes, I suppose it is. But fire not only destroys, it can bring new life and growth, as well." She nods at the apology with a smile, knowing that the fairies were not being intentionally malicious with their fire magic. At the mention of the other figure, she darkens again slightly. "Ah. That would be Mejan." Sameda's smile turns slightly grim. "Maybe your kind would actually enjoy her company." she turns. "I must go now. Though if you ever wish to learn about the other uses of flame, don't be afraid to give me a shout." With that, the tall woman in the plain white gown walks off into the distance.
>Note: It takes an action to summon and talk to an Ancient, if you desire too.

>>1074883
The tall figure regards the hobgoblin party with a smirk. Up close, he looks sort of like a hobgoblin, but much taller, more muscular, and with sharper features. Unlike the party, however, he is bare-chested, and wears simple hide pants; nasty scars crisscross his chest and face. Ignoring the question, he simply jerks his thumb in the direction of the new training ground. "Nice ring you've got there. Though I've seen better."
>>
Rolled 2, 84, 62 = 148 (3d100)

>>1074674
[Henoan Conclave]
Population: 22(+3/turn)
Currency: 23 (+4/turn)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Ecology I, Domestication I, Agriculture I, Archery I
Resources: [Bronze: 9+1] [Wood: 12+3] [Seeds:9+1] [Equus Herd:8+1]
Eccentricities:
Research: Herbs[2/4], Equus Training[3/4]

>Continue Herb research

>Continue Equus training

>Use seeds to plant a nice permaculture forest garden for more food.

>>1074664
Well thank you ma'am, you seem to have a good eye for these things. Would you like to stay for dinner and discuss more ideas for working with the environment. We are always looking for new ways to help Nature as much as it has helped us. Without it, we wouldn't even be here.
>>
>>1074676

The imperfects and their superiors step aside as a tall, handsome elf in opulent robes along with a small retinue of local militiamen approaches the giant. "Good sir, if you will excuse me, might I propose a solution? The man over there has also wronged us, and thus we will help you on the pretense that you stop destroying our mine. Are we agreed?"

>>1075161

The Aurean hunting party you are hailing stops and looks confused for a moment. "I don't advise going that way, that forest is said to be dangerous. If you seek civilization, you may follow us north to our homeland."
>>
>>1075221
"It is new. It is functional. That is all it needs to be. Come, test yourself against your kin. Warlord Aurumvarax is seeking warriors to go into the southern mountains. You may find a place in his party should you prove skilled. What outpost do you come from, Tol'Iralon?"
>>
>>1075270
The young Lizard man glanced back at his boat. "I reckin I can travel around there. I thought you elves were to the east. Last time I trust Underbiter for directions. What makes the forest dangerous neighbor?"
>>
>>1074676
"A male in the gardens? Impossible. Nobody could resist that degree of pheromones." says a prominent member of the Alraune Council.
"Maybe he held his breath?" says a younger member.
"Or maybe those who thought they saw him were mistaken. It was probably just a boar." says a third.
"We'll establish a guard, where the sighting occurred. They can ward off any stray animals, and if it is a man... oh the girls will be so very happy."
>>
>>1075301

"They say that those who enter never return. I don't wish to test if that rumor is true, and I believe is wise for you to do the same. But come, let us return to Nathalum before the sun sets. The elves begin walking, motioning for the lizardman to follow. "You may want to stop by the office of the Paragon before you roam around too much, however. The perfects are not keen of those who do not appeal to their standards of beauty, but it is also Aurean policy to treat guests well, so you should be alright as long as everything gets clarified."
>>
>>1075352
"I would, but I went into a place that only excepts pretty people and didn't bring my girl I would be in all sorts of trouble. I'll pass on your invitation."
He then offers a bright red lily, "May the Great Spirit guide you on life's journey."
>>
Rolled 59, 14, 4 = 77 (3d100)

>>1074674
[Alluria]
Population (+growth/turn): 19 (+3/turn)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Tracking I, Scent II, Traps I
Resources: [Bronze: 8] (+1/turn) [Stone: 7] (+1/turn) [Wood: 8] (+1/turn)
Eccentricities:

Action 1: Send some women back to the villages to invite men back with us. [Scent II] [Scent Sirens]
Action 2: Build a garden for growing beautiful flowers, like us. [2/4]
Action 3: Establish a national guard. We are all of us delicate flowers, and we do need protection.
>>
Rolled 53, 2, 70 = 125 (3d100)

>>1074674
Population: 18 (14 +4) (+4/turn)
Food: 5 (4 +1) (+1/turn)
Currency: 11 (7 +4) (+4/turn)
Resources: [Coral: 8] (7 +1) (+1/turn) [Seaweed: 7] (6 +1) (+1/turn) [Driftwood: 8] (7 +1) (+1/turn)
Eccentricities:
Progress:
Exploration [3/4]
Writing [3/4]
Weaving [1/4]

Actions:
1) Continue exploring.
2) Continue researching Writing.
3) Continue researching Weaving.
>>
>>1075383

"Hmm, I see. Very well then, safe travels."

Rumors begin to circulate of the strange lizardman in Nathalum, which eventually spreads to Vanitas. The High Paragon then sends an envoy to the south, hoping to learn more about the lizard man and where he came from.
>>
Rolled 4, 36, 42 = 82 (3d100)

>>1074674
Djinni Caliphate]
Population: 19 (+3/turn)
Resources: [Bronze: 10] [Stone: 7] [Wood: 8] [Camels: 5]
Eccentricities:

Action 1;Learn how to take care of these camels
Action 2; Better tools (oh, and how did I fall from [2/4] progress? Did I do something wrong?)
Action 3; Construct some housing for my people
>>
File: df0338c61b6dc0ce7c001279f11.png (182KB, 473x555px) Image search: [Google]
df0338c61b6dc0ce7c001279f11.png
182KB, 473x555px
>>1075221

Reports from the fairies of Brasa on the discovery of the so called "Ancients" reached all the way to the Glass Palace, with the simultaneous discovery of fire magic having already been made independently several times over and put to use in the glass furnaces by the time the two fairies of the woods returned to report their tale. The capital "city" of Sauna Oasis, so named for the odd phenomena of the titular oasis being a hot spring in the middle of the desert which stood next to the grounds, was a rather unassuming, if not unique settlement.

All buildings accepting components of the glass smelter which made their construction possible were made of green glass, blackened in key areas by fairies trying and failing to control their newfound abilities; some of them were smooth and sculpted, while others were angular, constructed of many crude glass bricks stacked and glazed on-site to form spacious, if not somewhat ugly structures meant for storage and work. The Glass Palace itself dominated the landscape, a three cubical towers connected via curtain walls in a mimicry of stories of human and elven constructs far west, perhaps the largest structure in the greater region.

Moving into the interior, the "throne room" for the queen was situated, likewise fashioned from third-hand accounts of exotic civilizations and containing such luxuries as glass furniture and sculptures, though in the case of the former their function was not always accurately portrayed in relation to their positioning, with chairs and tables hanging from the ceiling top, suspended into place by rough-hewn chains of crystal. Here Princess Zharar was busy attempting to sculpt a tree from the molten sands, standing amidst several earlier, less successful examples strewn about haphazardly.

The fairy monarch was significantly larger than her subjects, about the size of a somewhat short full-grown human, fair skin a contrast with her bright red hair and garb, dyed such by a local weed that managed to grow in spite of the harsh conditions of the desert, its fire-resistant qualities a welcome boon. In place of a crown was a yellow silken bow, taken from a long line of trading through on side of the world to the other and the closest thing to something of real value their civilization could offer. Her naturally red eyes glared in concentration, the princess working meticulously to shape individual branches by focusing her flames into pressurized jets.

"Hey, your highness, your highness, we've got news to bring you!" shouted Ruddle entering the room, interrupting the monarch's train of thought as the fire in her hands flickered out of control before regaining composure. Princess Zharar's voice was soft, but with a hint of an impish bite at the end as she doubled down focus on her project, determined to see it through while communicating with her subordinates.

"News from the outside? I'm interested."
>>
File: Exploding_Glass.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Exploding_Glass.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>1076059

Grill followed close behind, twiddling her fingers in place of where a perhaps more advanced nation's courier would be holding a scroll or clipboard, appearing somewhat cowered in the face of her leader. "It's the Ancients! They're really strong, and we met them personally! One of them is called Sameda, and the other is Mejan. Sameda said that we'd like Mejan, but she also doesn't like associating with her for some reason. She's not happy with our tests on the woods, saying that we're messing with nature when we burn trees down."

Zharar grunted, placing a free hand on the pedestal wheel the sculpture was sitting on and spinning it. "Fire is as natural as the seas and the sky and the trees themselves; but- but whenever we try to show ourselves to the fairies of the north and their friends, they accuse us of being nothing but destructive. Every time a stray blaze starts, if it's from the sky, or from two trees rubbing together wrong, or from the wills of nature herself, we're the ones that get the blame, whether we started it or not. They think that fire is not natural, and absol- abs...ab- /they don't even use fire/ and they judge us all the same." Though her voice remained in composure, the flames of both her hand and wings flickered into a higher intensity, heating the glass beyond her intent and causing it to explode into shards, flinching as the countless pieces flew across the room. She noticed a small cut on her finger and licked it.

"This Sameda person is probably just one of them."

Ruddle subconsciously found herself nodding in agreement, but Grill shook her head in between flinching from the distant shock wave. "No, she really isn't- she was able to make a fireball as big as... as something really big, bigger than the explosion you just made! And she said if we wanted to, she would come and teach us to do stuff with fire beyond burning things!"

Picking through the glass, the princess was strategically facing away from her subordinates to mask tears of frustration resulting from her inability to use fire for anything but destruction, failing to do the same tasks as even the most unassuming of her peers in spite of possessing a superior intelligence. The idea that somebody knew more about fire than she, the living embodiment of it did, and likewise criticized her and her people in the same way as the outsiders settled poorly. Yet, if it was true that she had a good grasp at the creative aspect of the flame, then listing to her words could be a possible asset in proving that it was more than just a force of destruction.

"Fine. If you met her, I want you to find this "Sameda" and bring her to this palace as soon as you can. I shall reward you with pretty glass trinkets if you do, so you can leave now." Her blazing wings calmed down to their initial state, a warmer glow which reflected off the many surfaces in the room, including shards of broken glass.
>>
File: 1389158551176.jpg (173KB, 900x958px) Image search: [Google]
1389158551176.jpg
173KB, 900x958px
>>1075437
(Coming from the North, guess which village you hit)
The Gator Folk spotted the elves traveling along the lake shore and waved from their fishing boats. A pair approached the group, one with a pot belly and another with lots of scars.Both were the size of large muscular humans.
"Well howdy there neighbor," said the scarred one. "What brings you to these parts?"
>>
>>1076059
Please disregard the greentext from my last post. Changed my mind :^)
>>
>>1076066

Ruddle and Grill were back in the woods a day later, cutting down the travel time by gliding a good deal of the trip through jumping off of a glass tower that served as the central hall of Brasa, corresponding to the three other towers of Classá's lookout posts.

"Sameda! Sameda! are you here?" They were now wandering around a location that they remembered the burned grove to be, easy to spot from the large patches of burnt grass and wood. The fairies descended onto the ground, trying to remember the exact location they met the ancient.
>>
>>1076079

The envoy, an elven female who seems to far outclass the hunters in the beauty department, whispers a few quick words to her attendants before turning and bowing to the gators. "Greetings, I am Selene Previa, envoy of the Aurean Dominion. I have been sent at the behest of the Council of Paragons to investigate the sightings of a lizardman that was spotted nearby and establish relations with the civilization from whence he came. If it is acceptable, may I please speak to one of your leaders?"
>>
>>1076350
"Ya reckon they want to talk to ma?" asked the pot bellied one before his jaw was forced shut by the other one.
"Shut up stupid! Can't you listen to others. They want to talk the Lizard Tribe. They just lost in this great nation of ours." The scarred one let the fat one squirm for a bit before letting go. "Now Ma'm or Sir, you are on the North side of Black Feather Republic. The Lizard Folk Village is on the south side. If you had any decent boats you could cut through the capital to get there."
>>
>>1076456

"Hm, I see. Thank you for your assistance." The envoy and her entourage then take their leave and head for the capitol. If the nation is a republic, they can speak with the representatives there and save a lot of trudging between all the villages that might be here.
>>
>>1075232
The tall, soot skinned woman smiles warmly at the offer. "Well, aren't you a gentleman? I would love too!" Suddenly she pauses, distracted. "One moment, please." She strides to the other side of the grove, standing in front of a young tree, strong and in its prime. She opens up her palm, and suddenly a ball of white hot flame appears hovering over her open hand. With a flick of her wrist, the strange woman sends the ball of fire at the tree, which explodes in flame; after just a few seconds, nothing is left except a pile of ash. "That one was full of disease," She explains while walking over to the pile of ash and scooping it up. "Would have destroyed the whole grove." As the construction crew watches, she walks to different trees in the grove, sprinkling a few the ashes near the base of each one. When she's finished, she walks back to the group, brushing her hands off with a smile. "I'm sorry, I never introduced myself. I'm Sameda. And yes, I would love to join you for dinner. That sounds lovely."

>>1075270
The hulking rock man, at least ten feet tall, doesn't hear the elf at first, and continues to heave rocks at the dancing figure. He finally notices, though, and bends down, so he is eye level with the elf. "So you're the one that opened that dastardly mine, eh?" The giant man shakes his head. "You young races, always tearing apart the earth without a care in the world." The Ancient shakes his rocky head, showering the elven retinue with fine dust, then picks up another boulder. "Just like him." He throws the boulder at the other figure, who looks to be thoroughly enjoying himself. "And I wouldn't figure on getting those shiny diamonds back, by the way."

>>1075277
As the hobgoblin speaks, the tall, muscular figure throws back his head and lets out a deep, booming laugh. "Your kin! Your kin! That's rich. No, I am not your kin." The man grins cockily, spreading his arms in a grand gesture. "There's no one like me!" His eyes gleam. "Though I do love a good challenge? How about I take you all on, right here, right now?"

>>1076260
After the fairies call out for a few minutes, Sameda walks toward them from the other side of the grove. "Hello again, little fairies." She smiles, anticipating questions, and holds a palm up to stop them. "Time and distance are...different for me. It follows different rules. It's complicated. Now then, you called?" The tall woman listens to the pair, then allows herself to be lead to the fairies capital, and be presented to the queen. "My Queen," Sameda bows slightly, a faint smile coming to her features. "I was a Queen once... So, you wanted to speak with me?"
>>
>>1076807

The robed elf grimaces and speaks with his men. "This is not good. This mine is vital to our operations, but we can't get anything done with that thing here. Yet that other man is dodging everything being thrown at him with ease. Perhaps he too is one of these ancients...diamonds be damned, if the stone thing has its way we'll lose not only the diamonds but the whole damned operation." He then turns to the smaller Ancient. "You, dodging the rocks. We will issue a full pardon for your crimes and allow you to keep the diamonds if you aid us against this creature. What say you?"
>>
>>1075492
>>1075048
Hi.
>>
>>1076807
The leader frowns. "Arakosi are no brigands, no beasts. I'll not have my men rush you like rabid dogs. We fight fair here, with honor. That is what separates us from the monsters we slay." The leader draws a short leaf bladed bronze sword and lifts his wicker shield. He drops into a low stance, with sword held near his side at the ready, and approaches cautiously.

The two circle each other before the hobgoblin leader makes a short jab. The blade is knocked aside. They return to circling. The hobgoblin again moves. He makes a slash from right to left, stepping in quickly to close the gap and force the matter with his shield. The Ancient shifts slightly, letting the blade harmless pass between the two. He reaches out like the head of a striking snake, seizing the leader's arms in a grip that despite the hobgoblin's struggles, he cannot break free from. Like a lover the Ancient leans in close, grins cockily, and slams his forehead into the squat nose of the hobgoblin.

The squadron gasps. The leader was clearly the best fighter among the lot. Weapons shift in hands gripping them tighter by the handles. Low murmurs erupt from the eleven standing nearby observing. No one steps forward to help their trapped leader. Such are the rules of honor, one says.
>>
>>1076854
The figure on the other side of the valley giggles at the proposal. "A pardon, you say? And what makes you think you'll be able to punish me?" The rusty-skinned humanoid gives a cheeky grin as he dodges out of the way of another flying boulder. "But fine, I feel bad about the diamonds. I was hungry, okay? I'll help you with old Zhremar here." With that, the figure takes off, still chuckling, and the huge earthen man grunts in frustration, shoots a dirty look down at the group of elves, then gives the other Ancient chase. The sound of laughing can be heard as the pair get further and further away, broken by the red-skinned one calling out. "Name's Droc, by the way! Don't hesitate to call me sometime, elves! And thanks for the easy access! Could've easily done it myself, but it was the middle of the night, and I wasn't feeling like it."

>>1077084
At the hobgoblin's words, the figure raises an eyebrow. "Is that so? Can't fault that. I applaud you, actually." He eyes the blade. "A weapon, hm? I don't remember saying that we'd use weapons." Still, the tall figure doesn't object, merely waiting for the party's leader to make a move, and dodging easily as he does. His eyes flash as he sees his opportunity, grabbing the hobgoblin by the arms and smashing his nose. He stands triumphantly over the loser, arms folded again, though his eyes flick to the small murmuring gathering. He throws back his head again and laughs, then reaches down to offer a hand to the stunned hobgoblin. "I'm not here to kill anyone, simmer down. If I was, you'd already be dead! This was just a friendly little spar, yeah?" He laughs again, smiling widely. "I like you people. You have style."
>>
>>1077323
The leader is hefted back to his feet with a grunt. He sways only for a moment and gingerly touches his bleeding nose. "I too, like you style," He says with a bloody grin. "I think you'd fit in well. Why don't you go down into the city. I'm sure you'll find something there that you'll enjoy just as much as bashing my nose in." He turns to his warriors and jerks to his in the direction the stranger came from. They march off quietly, with only two still whispering between them.

"I'm going to have to beat these runts back into shape after that. Need o make sure they don't get any bright ideas of who leads this khal. Why are you here, stranger? I didn't know there were any other hobgoblin tribes in these mountains."
>>
>>1076807
>Wonderful, we're delighted to have you. But we must truly apologize as we have forgotten our manners. I am Thondir and these are my brothers Orndir and Lasdir. We are foresters of the Henoan Conclave. The stars truly shine at the hour of our meeting, as we are actually having a communal feast tonight to celebrate the grove.
The group then walks to the feast and Sameda is presented before the chief.
Greetings Lady Sameda, I am Mainor of Heno. My men tell me that you came to admire the beauty of the grove and also saved it from a terrible blight with a torrent of flame. It is truly lamentable that such a beautiful tree would be so corrupted, but if it is as you say, then we are most thankful to you.
We are actually very curious as to how you were able to discern the tree's health at only a glance. Not to mention whatever tool allowed to create such a flame from seemingly nothing.
If you care to enlighten us, we would love to learn such a skill to better tend the lands in our care.
>>
>>1077323

After finishing his inspection, the robed man sends word to Vanitas of what just happened. Upon hearing the news, the High Paragon displays a look of dismay before eventually coming up with a suitable plan of action. "You are to send a messenger to seek out this Droc and extend a formal invitation to the upcoming festival. Also let him know that the Council would like to speak with him afterwards. Oh, and do make sure to be as polite as possible, I fear Paragon Cicero may have stepped out of line. Angering an ancient is not in our best interest." The messenger then nods and departs on his mission.
>>
File: Green_Glass_Brick.jpg (214KB, 522x512px) Image search: [Google]
Green_Glass_Brick.jpg
214KB, 522x512px
>>1076807

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_EWuv7BkUA

Sameda's pace at which she kept up with the fairies' gliding surprised them, allowing the group to venture to Sauna Oasis within a time much shorter than seemed possible from their point of view; even their movements felt to be accelerated compared to the apparent passage of time. Nevertheless, the sun was beginning to set, the glass structures of the town glowing warmly from internal sources of heat like jewels embedded in a crown. "This is our home! Well, it isn't exactly /our/ home, but the Princess lives here!"

The inner palace felt very kitschy in design, like a poor imitation of civilization by a group that didn't really understand its significance and was intent on copying it for external reasons. At its center was a chair far too large for its occupant, who seemed to be less than comfortable occupying it and stood up as soon as she noticed the visitor greet her.

"Queen?" muttered Princess Zharar in a confused voice, finding the most puzzling aspect of it the fact that she somehow recognized it. The fire princess took a good look at the ancient in front of her, noting her searingly ashen appearance contrasting with her pure white garb; particularly conspicuous for a being claiming to be versed in fire. "Oh, I'm not a queen yet. I um mean, I— greet- welcome to Oasis— Oasi- Welcome to /Clausae/ your highne- I... /honored visitor/." Zharar blushed in embarrassment from flubbing her introduction, feeling a nagging sense of subordination to the visitor in spite of being the leader of the land, coupled with the fact that she simply did not speak with anyone outside the other fire denizens for as long as she remembered.

The fire fairy monarch quickly changed the subject, presenting their visitor a relatively smooth block of glass- one of the blocks intended to use for practice of her crafts. "Of course, I have many things to ask of you, but can I ask you demonstrate your abilities on this? I- don't mean to offend you if this is beneath you or anythin-" the leader bit her tongue, her fiery wings visibly shrinking in size.
>>
File: zelda_skyward_art-21-Copy.jpg (185KB, 2432x1824px) Image search: [Google]
zelda_skyward_art-21-Copy.jpg
185KB, 2432x1824px
Rolled 76, 52, 33 = 161 (3d100)

>>1074674

[Classá]
Population: 22 (+3/t)
Currency: 19 (+4/t)
Structures: {Sauna Oasis Def. 1 | Glass Palace, Farm I, Farm I, Glass Factory I}
Military:
-x1 Sentairy [Str. 1]
Resources: [Bronze: 8+1/t] [Stone: 7+1/t] [Wood: 8+1/t] [Glass: 1+1/t] [Sand: 6+1/t]

>1.
[Fire Magic I]
[Glassworking I]
[Firemaking I]
Stone: 1
Sand: 1
We have the means to make glass on a big scale now, but I want to do something special with it. Lets use all that extra sand we're gathering to make glass workshop to make glass trinkets to give to the forest people later; I want to show them that we can create things, and make sure to tell them that we're burning zero trees to do it too!
>2.
[New and Exciting] (+10)
2/4
Okay, I've got a good idea on what the currency will look like; we'll cut these green glass globs that we keep getting from failed projects into pretty crystal gems, and use! Maybe if we can find a way to dye the glass different colors, we can make different denominations? [Currency I] (2/4)
>3.
[New and Exciting] (+10)
This is getting really complicated. Are you sure we should make symbols to represent /everything/? How is anybody supposed to remember all that? Well, okay, if it's only going to be needed for traders, I guess... [Writing I] (1/4)
>>
Rolled 15, 66, 78 = 159 (3d100)

[Balbyionia]
Structures: Government Building, Farm I (2), Library I
Resources:
[Copper: 5] +1/turn
[Stone:6] +1/turn
[Wood: 2] +1/turn
Eccentricities:
Agrculture II 2/6
Stone Mine 2/4
Domestication 2/???
Bows 1/4
Bronze Spears 3/4
Bronze Shields 1/4

1. We shall need to find horses to domesticate.

Domestication 2/???

2. Continue building the Stone Mine 2/4

3. Continue researching Agriculture II 2/6

>Library I
>>
[Butterland]
The herbalism research finishes [Herbalism I], and mathematics research [1/4], and the search for creatures [1/2] both start.

[Feathered Empire]
Research into air magic begins [2/4], and though agricultural research is a massive flop, the empire starts construction on boats [2/4; -1 wood]. Research on what the sages call 'hope' magic begins [2/4], and in spite of the people's prejudices, a farm is planted [Farm I, +1 food; -1 wood]

[Black Feather]
There is no progress on the tribe's economy (Primitive does not apply here), and the search for beasts is a success. While the monstrous figure in the water isn't spotted again, the tribesmen do find other sorts of crocodiles. One spends much of its time in the water, and looks like a miniature version of the gigantic one the fishermen saw, but still large enough that the fishermen don't want to tangle with them yet. There are also other creatures, most noticeably giant turtles. The tribes also begin excavating a stone quarry [2/6].

[Galkoki]
Finally, the Galkoki gets its knights under training [2/6 (remember to include techs); -1 bronze], and attempts to train the Equus for riding begin [1/4]. The scouting party heads south, but never returns [-1 pop].

[Golden Dominion]
The festival is a huge success [Festival I (+1 pop/every 3 turns)]! And finally, the workers begin work on the quarry [2/4; -1 wood], but the new currency system flounders. Corruption and forgery runs rampant, and as a result, the Dominion's currency takes a dive in value [-2 currency].

[Arakos]
The armor doesn't go very well. Every piece is either too small or too big, and all are too brittle. They shatter before the hobgoblin can repurpose the metal [-1 bronze], though training begins [2/4]. Finally, the nation of Arakos settles more territory to its south [+4 hex]!

[Henoan Conclave]
There is a major breakthrough in the herbalism research! The bushes of berries to the west of Thry've? Turns out, they're poisonous [-2 pop]! However, the training of the Equus ends [Horsemanship I], and another farm is planted with the seeds [2/4; -1 seeds].

[Alluria]
Some of the women are sent to nearby settlements, and come back, lovestruck men in tow [+4 pop], though there's still no progress on the garden, and disaster strikes the national guard. Some of the guards take their pay, and are never seen again [-2 currency].

[Aquantis Dominion]
The scouts come back; aside from the standard schools of fish, they come back with tales of much larger creatures- long necked ones, ones with huge teeth, and others with long snouts and big, expressive eyes. They seemed friendly toward the explorers.

[Djinni Caliphate]
The Djinni sent to domesticate the camels obviously have no idea what they're doing. They scare the camels, and they scatter, though most are collected again, but not all [-2 camels]. Better tools are underway almost ready [3/4], and some extra housing starts to go up [1/4; -1 wood].
>>
Ancients4chan.png
5MB, 2500x2000px
>>1078148
[Classa]
A glass workshop goes up- using, you guessed it, glass [3/4; -1 glass]. Finally, the fairies implement their new economic policies [Economy I; +1 currency/turn], and the writing system progresses slightly [2/4].

[Balbyionia]
No horses are found. The stone mine is finally dug [Stone Mind I; +1 stone/turn], and agriculture research is nearly done [5/6].

Will do RP stuff a bit later.
>>
>>1078148
>The herbalism research finishes [Herbalism I]
Shouldn't it be Herbalism 2?
>>
Rolled 71, 88, 65, 30, 20, 99 = 373 (6d100)

>>1078152
[Feathered Empire]
Settlements: (Feather's Cradle (capital) (Southerport, Easterport, Westerport, Soil's Meet)
Food: 3 (+3/turn?)
Military: 1 (Breezy)
Resources: [Bronze: 5] [Wood: 3] [Stone: 5]
Eccentricities:
1. Air magic [2/4] (eternal mandate, born of air)
2. Navy [2/4]
3. Hope magic [2/4]

4. Religion, Aithlin is a diety
5. Corruption magic
6. Seduction/prostitution (eternal mandate)
>>
Rolled 69, 57, 74 = 200 (3d100)

>>1078148

[Golden Dominion]

Population (+growth/turn): 20 (+2/turn) (+1 in 3 turns)
Currency: 13 (+3/turn)
Resources: [Bronze: 9 (+1/turn)] [Gems: 13 (+3/turn)] [Wood: 9 (+3/turn)]
Eccentricities:
Works in Progress: Quarry (2/4)

1. Continue the quarry. We will need those materials soon. (Progress: 2/4) (+Slave Labor) (+Craftsmanship)
2. Resume efforts to domesticate animals.
3. We should try again to use our vast gem deposits to our advantage and develop gem-based currency. Institute reforms such as severe punishment for counterfeiting and fraud, and put a mark on the gems to show authenticity.
>>
>>1078217
So, winged elf succ is a go I'm assuming.
>>
>>1078161
It should, my bad.
>>
>>1078241

RNG loves lewd I guess
>>
Rolled 25, 91, 29 = 145 (3d100)

>>1078148
Population (+growth/turn): 25(+3/turn)
Currency: 23(+4/turn)
Structures: Government Building, Farm I (3), Animal Pen
Tech: Bronzeworking, Medicine I, Herbalism 2, Skirmishing I
Resources: [Bronze :9(+1/turn)] [Jungle Herbs: 8(+1/turn)] [Jungle wood: 7(+1/turn)]
Eccentricities:

Continue search for animals. [1/2]

Continue Math [1/4/]

Build Roads.
>>
>>1078232

Also a bit frivolous but instead of a mark make it a stone etching rather than just splotching ink all over a beautiful gemstone.

>Also you might want to make a new thread soon, I think this one is autosaging
>>
Rolled 32, 49, 89 = 170 (3d100)

>>1078148
[Galkoki]
Population (+growth/turn): 21(+3/turn)
Currency: 15 (+3/turn)
Resources: [Bronze: 12] [Stone: 6] [Wood:12](Base+1 everything)
Eccentricities:

Continue the training of knights.[2/6][Professional Soldiers]Weaponsmithing I, Armorsmithing I

Keep up work on training the Equus.1/4

We shall then be expanding north of our most northern outpost towards the sea.
>>
Rolled 67, 42, 44 = 153 (3d100)

>>1078148
[Henoan Conclave]
Settlements: Capitol:(Thry’ve) Outposts:(Aerie, Aria, Aribeth, Arwyn)
Population: 23(+3/turn)
Currency: 27 (+4/turn)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Ecology I, Domestication I, Agriculture I, Archery I, Horsemanship I
Resources: [Bronze: 10+1] [Wood: 15+3] [Seeds:9+1] [Equus Herd:9+1]
Eccentricities:
Research: Herbs[2/4], [Farm 2/4]
Discoveries: Poison Berries

>Continue Herbalism research
Ecology I
Master Ecologists

>Finish the permaculture farm project
Agriculture I
Ecology I
Master Ecologist

>Teach the fae-folk in our midst how to fly
>>
Rolled 83, 67, 24 = 174 (3d100)

[Arakos]
Territory: 43
Population (+growth/turn): 26 (+4/turn)
Food: 7 (+2/turn)
Currency: 15 (+4/turn)
Structures: Warlord's Lodge, Farm I (2), Training Field I, Terraced Farm I
Tech: Bronzeworking, Hunting I, Fishing I, Agriculture I, Construction I, Weapons I
Resources: [Bronze: 4] [Stone: 7] [Wood: 4]
Eccentricities:
[Harsh Homeland]: It seems like the hobgoblins settled on the worst place they could find; crops are hard to grow, and everything around them seems to want them dead. However, they have learned from their experiences in the mountains, and manage their food stocks much better than the other peoples of Primal World

1. Research Drill I
Hobgoblins returning from patrols are interested in utilizing the pack tactics observed in the mountain patrols. They work toward adapting these to work with larger groups of hobgoblin warriors.

2. Train Warriors 2/4
+[Bronze: 5]
+Training Field I
+Weapons I
+[Harsh Homeland]

3. Expand Southwest

More land is claimed by ever further roaming bands of Hobgoblin patrols.
>>
>>1079416
Spend 7 wealth on roll 1 to push it to 90.
>>
File: Beacon.jpg (69KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Beacon.jpg
69KB, 720x480px
Rolled 96, 17, 89 = 202 (3d100)

>>1078152

[Classá]
Population: 25 (+3/t)
Currency: 24 (+5/t)
Structures: {Sauna Oasis Def. 1 | Glass Palace, Farm I, Farm I, Glass Factory I}
Military:
-x1 Sentairy [Str. 1]
Tech: Bronzeworking, Glassworking I, Armor I, Firemaking I, Economics I
Resources: [Bronze: 9+1/t] [Stone: 8+1/t] [Wood: 9+1/t] [Glass: 1+1/t] [Sand: 7+1/t]

>1.
[Fire Magic I]
[Glassworking I]
[Firemaking I]
These buildings look kind of off. Why can't we ever make anything as beautiful as the forest or the skies... [Glass Workshop] (3/4)
>2.
[Burning]
[Fire Magic I]
[Firemaking I]
[Glassworking I]
Wood: 1
Glass: 1
Everybody knows that fairies don't need to eat, but what we do need is a constant source of fire to stay powered! With fire magic at hand, we can keep a fire sustained as long as we like. Set up a beacon so we can start gathering [Fire Points] (FP for short), it'll allow us to support more fire fairies in the future!
>3.
[New and Exciting] (+10)
You're getting close to completing it yet? We're going to make a major win over our neighbors if we can dictate what the local writing system is! [Writing I] (3/4)
>>
>>1078148
[Black Feather]
Population (+growth/turn): 30 (+4/turn)
Food: 5
Currency: 3 (+2/turn)
Structures: Hall of Scales, Farm I (2)
Defenses: 1 (Black Feather)
Tech: Bronzeworking, Agriculture I, Treeweaving I, Herbalism I, Boats II
Resources: [Copper: 5] [Stone:5] [Wood: 3]
Eccentricities:

RP:
The money expenditure did little to help build a better economy as it was pocket all over the Republic. On the side note, people are little happier with the sudden influx of spending money moving around.

>Research Currency (1/4)
>Work on Stone Quarry x2 (2/6)
>>
Rolled 31, 6, 67 = 104 (3d100)

>>1080251
Forgot rolls -___-
>>
File: 161_max.jpg (150KB, 1313x1000px) Image search: [Google]
161_max.jpg
150KB, 1313x1000px
>>1076674
The trudge through the swamp was definitely not pleasant and after several offers, the Envoy and her entourage were escorted by boat to the capital. The City was built around a domed building with many docks haphazardly built around it. The boatman was kind enough to send word ahead and the Envoy was delivered directly to were the High Chief and other Representative were enjoying some tea.
>>
Rolled 12, 59, 80 = 151 (3d100)

[Balbyionia]
Population: 16 (+3/turn)
Structures: Government Building, Farm I (2), Library I, Stone Mind I (1)
Resources:
[Copper: 6] +1/turn
[Stone:8] +2/turn
[Wood: 3] +1/turn
Eccentricities:
Agrculture II 5/6
Domestication 2/???
Bows 1/4
Bronze Spears 3/4
Bronze Shields 1/4

1. Finish up Agriculture II research 5/6

>Library I

2. Continue to find horses to domesticate. See if any of our old scrolls teach us how to track their herd movements 2/???

>Library I

3. Continue researching Bows 1/4

>Libary I
>>
>>1077437
At the invitation, the tall man throws his head back and laughs again. "If the city has brawls like the one you and I just had, I'm in!" He watches with a cheeky grin as the rest of the group of hobgoblins leaves, and squints slyly as the leader speaks about reminding them who's boss. "I could do that for ya," The figure laughs at the assertion that he's a hobgoblin, and shakes his head. "Oh no, I'm no goblin. Like I said, there's no one like me! Name's Vyruk." He straightens up, still with that cocky smile. "Primal /God/ of life, if you will."

>>1077459
Sameda smiles at each of the three brothers in turn, nodding her head. "Apology accepted. Well, shall we go?" The tall, white-clad woman follows the foresters back to their city, where she is presented to the chief, waving off the thank-you politely. "Oh, it was no trouble at all. Nature belongs to us all, and must be protected, don't you think?" She laughs at the man's curiosity and lifts her palm up, tiny embers dancing a few inches above it. "When you're as old as I am, Chief Mainor, you learn things," She laughs a bit, but at the suggestion that she teach the collective, she pauses. "It's a great responsibility, power over flame. It can allow life to grow, yes, but it can also destroy it easily."

>>1077616
The messenger finds Droc in a small, cave-like structure- a structure, as it has clearly been carved from the rock, the entrance magnificently decorated like none of the Dominion's craftsmen could ever hope to accomplish. He ducks inside, and finds Droc lounging around... eating fromwhat looks to be a pile of coal. "A festival, you say? Ooh, I love festivals! You can count me in!" As the messenger leaves, Droc shouts after him. "Ah, by the way... that mine is dangerous. There's a section of the ceiling not far in- I give it one, two days tops before it collapses."

>>1077866
As the trio reach the fairy home, Sameda glances at the magnificent structure. "Impressive. Much nicer than the buildings of my time." When she reaches the throne room, she chuckles at the Princess as she trips over her words. "Please, no 'Queen', no 'Your Highness', just Sameda." She eyes the tall block of glass, then smiles at the Princess again. "Certainly, I can demonstrate." She raises her palm again, but instead of a ball of flame, a tiny laser-like flame shoots from her hand and onto the glass, which glows red hot. Sameda works for about five minutes, but when she's done, a perfect replica of a tree stands where the block of glass once was, though it's red hot. "There. A sick tree I had to burn down earlier. I figured I'd immortalize it."

>Since thread seems to be autosaging, new one for next update. I'll link to it here.
>>
Rolled 77, 20, 42 = 139 (3d100)

>>1078148
Population: 18 (14 +4) (+4/turn)
Food: 5 (4 +1) (+1/turn)
Currency: 11 (7 +4) (+4/turn)
Resources: [Coral: 8] (7 +1) (+1/turn) [Seaweed: 7] (6 +1) (+1/turn) [Driftwood: 8] (7 +1) (+1/turn)
Eccentricities:
Progress:
Writing [3/4]
Weaving [2/4] (+1)

Anomalies:
Large Long Necked Creatures with Huge Teeth, Long Snout and Expressive Eyes.

Actions:
1) Attempt to befriend the large creature by offering it a big pile of fish.
2) Continue researching Writing.
3) Continue researching Weaving.
>>
>>1080697
Oops, forgot to update my civ sheet. Here:

>>1078148
Population: 22 (18+4) (+4/turn)
Food: 6 (5+1) (+1/turn)
Currency: 15 (11+4) (+4/turn)
Resources: [Coral: 9 (8+1) (+1/turn) [Seaweed: 8] (7 +1) (+1/turn) [Driftwood: 9] (8 +1) (+1/turn)
Eccentricities:
Progress:
Writing [3/4]
Weaving [2/4] (1+1)
>>
>>1080666

The festival of Lunalia begins with a bang, and Droc is an honored guest. Merriment, feasting, music, orgies and more were had at the Elves' new, esteemed festival. After the party, the Council of Paragons calls Droc to the palace, where they begins to talk business. Eight beautiful elves in opulent clothing and gem-filled crowns sit around a table, and offer Droc a seat. "Greetings, honored guest," says the one in the most exquisite attire, an incredibly handsome man. "I am High Paragon Arcturus II, and I preside over the Aurean Dominion, along with the Council you see before you. And you are?"
>>
New Thread
>>1081137
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 1335x1212px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 1335x1212px
>Nation name
Picts
>Race
Mantis (pic related)
>Colour
Blue
>Fluff
The Picts are a barbaric, naked, fast-breeding, cannibal, tree-worshipping coalition of tribes isolated on the island. Due to their isolation they are technologically behind the other tribes but will soon catch up when exposed.
>Settlements
Capital: Caledonia
>Military
Picti
Thread posts: 223
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.