[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xedillian Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: tes4se.jpg (167KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
tes4se.jpg
167KB, 760x760px
You stand shifting foot to foot. The dust from the draft created by the door begins to settle some collecting on your shoulders as suddenly you hear a loud sound of mystic energy and you feel your eyes burn as you stare into the swirling purple and blacks of the mystic breach. An elderly dunmer steps from the portal as it fades away.

"Hello there! You must be the new master of judgements, too flashy of a title? No? No bother, I assume you're here for our Lord, Sheogorath." He says, despite his age he talks quite rapidly.

"I am?" You say

"You are." He replies with a warm smile

"I suppose I am, I heard a call from my home and it just..drew me here." You say to the dunmer

"Be glad it was through the backdoor and not the front, how does magic differentiate between doors? How does magic work period?" He ramble before chuckling

"Excuse me, I am being quite rude. I am Venthrall Thimion. If it wouldn't be seen as too rude, I've been in this realm for many years and it tends to muddle the mind or give the mud mettle. Well, what are you..exactly?"

>Male
>Female

Race:
>Imperial
>Nord
>Breton
>Redguard
>High elf
>Dark elf
>Wood elf
>Argonian
>Khajiit
>Orc

Name:

First to 3 for any wins. Name if it doesn't reach 3 will be OP (me) selected.
>>
>>1054520
>Male
>High elf
>Kaear Jorwatch
>>
>>1054520
>Male
>Nord
>Ajax
>>
>>1054540
this

And we have an ax
>>
>>1054520
Argonian.
>>
>>1054758
Sex and name as well, Anon.
>>
>>1054520
>female
>wood elf
>Laithlon Fyldsek
>>
>>1054535
this
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

1. High Elf
2. Nord
>>
[GAINED: Arcane Insight]

"Hi Elf? Well hello to you too!" He says before realizing
"Oh! Altmer, of course. I should have guessed by your height and..your height. Anyways, I'm glad you've arrived Adventurers have been very busy recently. Our baby has been drawing them in like flies to honey."

As he finishes you hear a loud chime.

"Ah, speak of the daedra. A new group of adventurers just wandered in."

He waves his hands and suddenly you are both in a pure stone room overlooking a foyer area. In front of you lie 2 buttons one of a jovial laughing face with ruby eyes and diamond teeth the other a weeping face with sapphire eyes and emerald teeth.

"Now, do you need me to explain how to operate Xedillian to you? The adventurers are navigating a maze right now with no end until we decide to give it to them so we have time for questions."

>Explain the Xedillian's purpose
>What exactly is my job?
>Where are we?
>Other
>>
>>1055057
>What exactly is my job?
>>
>>1055057
>What exactly is my job?
>>
>>1055057

>What exactly is my job?
>>
XEDILLIAN GUIDE:
The Xedillian, The Isles main line of defense and populator.

Adventurers will enter the Xedillian trapping them inside and progressing them through a series of rooms. In each room, you will be there with two choices.
A Mental Attack or Physical Attack.
Mental Attacks will deal in illusions, apparations, or other forms of trickery to break down the mind of the party. Some members are more susceptible to certain kinds of mental attacks than other (Such as if one fears daedra an illusion of a mighty Dremora will break them with ease.)

Physical Attacks will deal with releasing beasts, conjuring beings, sending out members of the Xedillian itself or even turning the party on themselves.
Choosing this will initiate a combat phase where the members of the party will roll to survive or avoid damage. Stronger races or classes such as Orc and Warriors will have an easier time fighting while nimble classes such as Wood Elves or Acrobats may avoid traps with ease.

While you have legions of warriors and mages at your disposal they are not all powerful nor are they infinite. If you use all your best warriors in a failed rush on a fresh party dont expect to be using anything other than beggars with rusty shivs until you hire new hands.

Same with mages, they will not be able to perform incredible feats of magic without proper training or scrolls.

When a party lies dead their equipment is taken and sold and the gold made from it is to be used at your discretion. For warriors, scrolls, upgrades or even items to have in the dungeon for a little more mayhem.

If adventurers escape from the Xedillian expect tales of their experience to travel far and fast. Illusions or traps used on them that they survived may be planned for or anticipated by the next few parties to pass through.

Overall your goal is simple, kill any who enter the Xedillian, or drive them insane and add to the population of the Shivering Isles.
>>
>>1055180
Couple questions

Could escaping adventures bring in more adventurers? If they tell others about the traps and how to survive, then that is bad for us sure, but couldn't we get more people to show up that way?

Or is this place already legendary enough that a few half-crazy adventurers telling stories about it wouldn't impact how many come to see for themselves?

And also, could we keep some of the dead adventurers' stuff instead of selling it if it's something really nice?
>>
The old Dunmer looks at you with an inquisitive glint in his red eye.

"We have a visual on the party allow me to show you."

He pulls a large crystal orb from his robes and releases it, it floats daintily and the clouds within it begin to part and show a clear picture of 3 adventurers and a man in fine velvet and furs.

" M'Lord, are you sure this is the correct way. Not to question your judgment I just swear I've seen that stone before." A Nord in Steel armor says

The Sickly looking Imperial looks back angrily.

"You wouldn't know a stone from your own brain. I know where I am going trust me." He spits before a robe clad figure raises his hand and drops his hood. A Breton with a large hooked nose looks up and around.

"Quiet M'Lord, we are not alone. I sense something.

The second Nord, this one woth sime iron armor and a large knotted beard draws his claymore as the group slowly bunches up.

"It appears their mage can detect our scrying magic, interesting. No matter, our mages are adept in the art of Psychomancy or magic of the mind. We can look into one of them and gain quite a bit of their knowledge, but only one. The spell is exhausting and if done too often could kill the mage."

Who do you want more information on:
>The Imperial Noble
>The Steel Nord
>The Iron Nord
>The Breton Mage
>>
>>1055246
>The Imperial Noble
>>
>>1055227
Adventurers escaping could bring in easier parties to defeat actually. But at the cost of being unable to use certain traps or spells and missing out on gold.

The resonator in the Xedillian draws adventurers to it. Though if stories are spread they may come with increased frequency.

If any member carries anything of significance. (A scroll, enchanted weapon, something exceedingly rare the option will be given to keep it or sell it. Weapons and armors could be given to your warriors or used as bait.) Creativity is the name of the game.
>>
>>1055246
>The Imperial Noble
>>
"Inform me on the Noble, he doesn't fit this group." You say

"Very well." You watch as the ancient eyes of the Dunmer glaze over with a light purple.

He stands catatonic for a few moments before he comes gasping back to the present moment. He falls to one knee and holds his head.

"It appears that is Duke Reginald Vormire. A small time nobleman who has come to seek out Sheogorath and find a cure for his vampirism. The two nords are his 'Knights' Rynob and Byron. Brothers I presume and the mage is all the way from the College of Winterhold. Apparently well versed in Daedric Lords and beings and alteration magics. An interesting group indeed, the Duke has no combat prowess but does as any Imperial does, wield the voice of the Emperor. If his men were to get too rattled he could steel their resolve and could possible convince one of our members to give up secrets about Xedilliam were they to be caught." As he finishes he crawls to a nearby corner and rests his back against it.

"They'll be entering any minute, decide on what you'd like to have waiting for them."

>Attack

>Mental

Attack options:
>Tree Gnarl
>Horde of rodents
>5 Xedillian Warriors (Iron Armor and weapons)
>Volley of Arrows

Mental Options:
>Illusionary Creature (specify)
>Illusionary Event (specify)
>Announcement (what do you say to the party)
>Other (specify, within reason)

Do it as so:
>Attack or Mental
>Selected Option

If you wish to combine a mental and an attack you may but it will be draining your resources more heavily.
>>
If you have any questions or are confused about anything. PLEASE. Don't hesitate to ask.

"I live to serve."
>>
>>1055422
>Horde of rodents
Without any sort of area of effect attack, they may not have a good way to fight off a ton of them.
>>
>>1055422
>Attack
>Horde of rodents
>Mental
>>
>>1055579
What's your mental to pair with the rodents?
>>
>>1055608
Fear
>>
>>1055618
I assumed.
How will you inspire fear. Be creative. Will the rodents be gigantic, will there be an illusion of hundreds instead of the maybe 30?
>>
>>1055680
Hundreds
>>
>>1055680
Also voting for hundreds
>>
Rolled 23, 6, 25, 17 = 71 (4d50)

"Release a swarm of rats. Use some magic to..enhance their numbers." You say stroking your chin

You watch as the party enters the chamber, the noble lord flanked by his knights with the mage leading. As they step in you press the jovial stone face inwards.

Squeaks.

Tiny at first, nearly not perceptible. The Barbarian Byron holds his liege back.

"Do you hear that?" Is all he gets out before stones fall from the walls clattering to the floor and crumbling as Rats swarm from the walls and even more illusionary rats fall from the ceiling and crawl from beneath cobwebbed stone benches.

"By Talos they're everywhere, damned filthy vermin. Get them off of me!"

The entire party makes a sanity saving throw. -15 to Rynob (Fear of Rodents)

It goes in this order
Mage, Byron, Rynob, Reginald.

The amount the dice goes up to depends on the event, the more maddening the event the lower the dice roll and higher the DC
>>
Rolled 23 (1d30)

Lord Reginald will use Voice of the Emperor to add +20 to all sanity rolls.

As the rats infest the room the floor becoming a pulsating carpet of them almost, Rynob can't hold it together. Sobbing violently he drops his blade from his shaking hands and drops to the floor as rats scurry over him and biting his head causing blood to leak into his eyes. [Injured -10 to combat rolls]

Seeing his brother break under the pressure Byron has trouble holding his blade and shield.

"Rynob, get up. We have to keep moving!" He shouts before yelping as a rat lands on his shoulder and runs down his shield arm causing him to drop his shield. [Lost Item: Steel Shield]

The Mage pulls a short staff from his cloak and begins using telekinesis spells to launch the rats into the walls with disgusting splats and crunches.
[-5 Rats, 25 remaining]
"You damned fools! Get a grip, their only pests!" He yells as he brings his velvet shoe down with a wet crunch.

Lord Reginald seeing his knights in shambles puts his hand to his throat as it glows a light green.

"RISE." he roars

And admist all the chaos Rynob and Byron look at each other and at the eyes of their Lord before drawing their weapons.

Rolling attacks for the party.
-10 to Rynob.

Order goes Rynob, Byron, and Mage.
>>
Rolled 9, 23, 16 = 48 (3d30)

Re-roll my mistake.
>>
[1 FAIL, 2 SUCCESS]
Rynob tries to fight the hordes but still shaken and the blood blinding him he stands no chance. You watch as he accepts the futility of swinging his axe through waves of rats but only leaving a few bodies, not quite making the connection some of the rats don't exist he continues trying to tear through rats that don't exist eventually tiring to the point where he drops to his knees breathing heavy as the real rats swarm his exhausted form and eat through his eyes into his head, he never let's out a scream due to the mouthful of rats.

Byron and The Mage push the Lord into a corner as they begin their own push against the rodent offensive. Using his sword as more of a spear Byron jabs at the rats passing through a few and hitting a couple. Beginning to realize something is amiss he calls out to the Mage.

"Orrster! Some of these rats are illusions!" He yells and you watch as the mage, hand glowing with arcane energy releases a pulse that disperses the illusionary rat horde.

Seeing the true numbers now they strike fast and true. Orrster using his telekinesis to lift the fallen shield and squash many rats or sweep them towards Byron for him to easily kill himself.
When they battle is over the look around triumphant until Byron spots his brother.

He tries to run but finds himself held by magic.

"Leave him. Your brother died a warriors death. We can honor him by getting out of here finding who did this and sending them to Oblivion." Says Orrister

Eventually Byron stops fighting the mage and allows himself to be pulled to the next room, softly weeping.
Well done guys. 1 dead in the room, very clever thinking.
>>
You turn to the elder Dunmer and he puts a hand on your shoulder as you blink into the next observation room.

You over look a dimly lit room with oak floor and a large cage containing hundreds of gold coins and precious jewels.

"Those coins have all had their edges grinded down to that of a razor. The jewels contain runes that when triggered will release a burst of fire magic. Truly good fun!" Says the Dunmer

The Party enters.

"I can't believe we left him..half eaten..by the gods." Byron mutters [Weakness Acquired: Survivors Guilt]

"I am truly sorry, my knight. I was the one who placed us in danger by demanding we come here." Says Lord Reginald
[Weakness Acquired: Survivors Guilt]

"Well know you can pay it back, look at all this gold!" Shouts the mage releasing another burst of energy.

"It isn't an illusion! It's all real and ours!" He shouts
[Learned: Orrster's Greed]

He tugs on the iron bars and they refuse to budge held by magical locks. He drops to his knees and begins toying with the lock

Reginald continues to comfort Byron by the doorway.

>Attack or Mental

Attack:
>Launch the coins
>Detonate the Jewels
>Spikes through the floor
>5 Warriors emerge from the floor boards. (Iron weapons and Armor)

Mental:
>Illusionary figure (specify person or thing)
>Raise the dead (Rynob for this room only)
>Make an announcement (what do you say?)

Other:
>Unlock the door to the treasure.

Write-ins are always extremely welcome the more creative the better.
>>
How do you guys feel about this style of story? Where you can plot and plan then enact it and I describe how it goes and make the rolls for the party?

How did you feel about the last scene?
>>
>>1056117
>Raise the dead (Rynob for this room only)
Sounds neat, but lets save that for later. The last survivor, I'm thinking.

Voting for >Make an announcement
Something about this room being an award for the progress they have made so far.

>>1056125
It's all good so far.
>>
>>1056117
>Launch the coins
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.