[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

archeology quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: hat.jpg (4KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
hat.jpg
4KB, 228x221px
Everything is awesome.
You are a student of archeology at a small crappy university.
you are currently riding in coach on an airplane to egypt, where youve been sent by a batty professor to hunt a ridiculous legend.
and your rowdy roommate has insisted on coming, and now theyve thrown up on your lap.

"goddammit!"
"uugh. sorry aboot that."
"when they tell you you cant take a bottle of rum on the plane, youre not supposed to drink the whole thing right there."
"i said i was sorry."

you get up and, grumbling, make your way to the bathroom to wipe down.

>enter name
>>
Diane Jameson.
>>
>>1048598
Lawson Brent
>>
>>1048607
first entry. writing.
>>
>>1048607
>>1048611
you throw the last of the vomit stained paper towels into the trash. straightening up, you look in the mirror and adjust your glasses.
"good work getting into this one Diane." you scowl, looking over your still slightly damp front.

there's a knock on the airplane door.
"excuse me miss, were landing in Cairo soon."
"thanks."

you quickly return to your seat. Mira has fallen asleep.

as the plane wizzes over the sands of egypt towards its destination, youre not sure if you regret coming on this trip or not. Professor Wilson is clearly insane.

who sends someone to look for "the tomb of the scarab queen?"
>>
>>1048630

suddenly a DISEMBODIED PENIS flies through the window!
>>
>>1048630
theres a lot of stuff that happened between then and now. most of it passed behind the opening credits.

you landed, got your bags, stayed the night in a shitty hotel, got on a bus out to some tiny outpost in the desert, and finally pitched your tents. what a big load of non interactive guff.

now your here in the desert.

who do you go talk to first?

>mira
>professor wilson
>unmentioned archeology rival
>some other fucker
>>
>>1048630
No >prompt?
>>
>>1048630
To answer your question: Taken from the context, I suppose that Professor Wilson does.
>>
>>1048706
>Professor Wilson.
Gotta need to know what the dude is up to, right?
>>
>>1048720
you wander over to professor wilsons tent.
the old man is bent over a map. he looks up when he hears your approach.

"ah! Diane! good to see you! what do you think of the desert? are you remembering to check your boots for scorpions?" he grins and waggles his eyebrows. "what can i do for you?
>>
>>1048745
>write in
>>
>>1048763
What exactly are we looking for? Is there any detail you can give me about it? A history? Some easily noticeable attributes?
>>
>>1048745
"where is the bathroom"
>>
>>1048811
>>1048817

"alright professor. give me a run through. what are we looking for?"

wilson beams. he loves talking about this.
"the toooooomb of the scarab queeen! final resting place of the scourge of egypt! many many many years ago, ancient egypt was nearly eaten to the bone by her swarm, until she was slain in her lair by a hero whos name is lost to time! as far as location goes, the text talks of several named rivers and areas he crossed, so ive triangulated the tombs exact location." he draws in a breath. "its around here somewhere."

"wait, you dont know?!"

"of course i know my dear girl. somewhere in the surrounding five square miles."

"good lord." you take your glasses off and rub your temples.

"If this were a story, someone would find it by accident. possibly while drunk."

"I cant believe this." as you leave, you ask one last question. "wheres the bathroom, anyway?"

Wilson laughs. "dig a hole. this isn't England, you're not going to find a privy over the next sand dune."

you storm off. this is even worse than the trip to Ireland.

what do you do?

>make bathroom
>go complain to mira
>go sulk on the hill near camp
>go greet rival
>write in
>>
>>1048847
>go complain to mira
We need a drunk to find it for us. Why not Mira?
Also, ask her to help with making a bathroom. Drunk people digging tend to find interesting things.
>>
>>1048955
you trudge back to the tent. mira is inside reading.

she looks up when you open the flap.
"hey diane. whereve you been?"
"talking to the professor about this tomb. i think he fell asleep with a bad comic book on his face."
"hey, free trips nothin to scoff at."
"to the middle of the desert? oh, that reminds me. we have to go dig a bathroom."
"why do i gotta help?" mira groans.
"because you're not even an archeology student. you've got to pull weight somewhere."
"fiiine." she follows you out of the tent, grabbing her hip-flask out of her bag.

quite a while later, youve found a secluded spot away from camp, and dug a moderately sized hole. you don't actually know where mira is. the sun is starting to set, but camp is lit up like a Christmas tree so she probably cant get too lost. hey! bathrooms done.
>>
>>1049029
as you begin to head back to camp, mira comes sliding down a nearbye dune.

"diane! i found something i think youll be mighty interested in!"

you follow her up the hilll and she points off at the edge of the valley.

"up there, on the side of the valley, do you see it?"

you can faintly see a glowing blue light.

"and if you look, youll see theres two more. they make a big triangle."

she points at a couple of other places around the valley outskirts.

"whatya make of it?"

you think you hear something. roll 1d20.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1049060
Alright, temple get!
>>
>>1049153
youd swear you heard a faint buzzing, but it was probably nothing.

"i think we ought to let the professor know, but it can wait until tomorrow. we wouldn't be able to wake him up anyway. you weren't on the Ireland trip, but he slept through a flash flood and had to be carried out before he drowned."

the pair of you return to camp. as you guessed, the professor is asleep, sprawled out over his map. mira goes to bed, but you sit for a little while at the fire.

"hello Diane. you and your little friend find anything out in the desert?"

>name rival
>>
>>1049185
cunt
>>
>>1049187
what do you think this is, pokemon?

try again.
>>
>>1049226
Bernd Ohne-Namen. A condescending German.
>>
>>1049306

"what do you want, bernd?"
"no need to be rude."

Bernd sits down.
"is spending time with that drunkard rubbing off on you? lie down with dogs, get up with fleas as they say."

"shut up."

"any luck finding this tomb of the professors?"

"no. but I'm willing to bet "the drunkard" and i can find it before you can."

"pffft. please. you actually believe the old coot? i thought you were a sensible girl. one who knows what archeology actually is. ours is a profession of spending hours bent over in the sun finding shards of pot. this tomb is probably out of some dime novel the old man read in his youth."

>write in
>>
>>1049332
"At least I'll catch a tan doing it."
>>
>>1049363
"At least I'll catch a tan doing it."

"hah. if thats all that matters, this expedition is even more of a farce than i thought."

"good night, Bernd." you head back to the tent and go to sleep.

sleep time!
SAVING...

you wake up early in the morning, feeling awfully well rested.

you hear a buzzing. roll 1d20.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>1049399
Temple get?
>>
>>1049479
you snatch at the air but your hand comes back empty.

its too loud to be a fly.
you can hear it in the tent.

you tense for another try at catching the source.

roll 1d20.
>>
>>1049500
Rollan
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1049639
Oops
>>
>>1049647
you see it go by this time.
its a scarab. a really really shiny scarab.
you lunge at it, just missing the catch.
you fall out of your cot doing so, waking up mira.

"what the flamin hell is going on?"
"theres a scarab in the tent."
"what?! who cares?"

roll 1d20
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>1049667
Why do we need this thing?
>>
>>1049675
well youve got it now!

you grab your pith helmet out from under the bed and slam it down over the scarab. you hear it rattle around inside for a bit before going quiet.

lifting the hat, you get a good look at it.

its scarab, encrusted in blue jewels. mira pokes over your shoulder to get a look.

"looks pretty expensive."

you pick it up and place it on your cot.

you get dressed and shove it into your pocket.

>go see the professor
>go try to find the lights at the edge of the valley
>write in
>>
>>1049717
>go see the professor
Better take him with us. He's our boss, after all.
>>
File: tegaki.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>1049954
you head over to prof. wilsons tent. the man himself is already up.

after telling him about the lights, he whips into a fervor and sends you out to investigate it at once.

eventually, after a huge fucking walk, you, mira, and the professor arrive at the place you saw the light.

its a great big sandstone pillar with some sort of gem on top. it seems awfully important. especially the round groove halfway up. the whole thing seems awfully intricately carved.

you hear a buzzing. roll 1d20.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1050220
Expensive looking scarab get!
>>
(hey guys, first quest thread, someone wanna give me a rundown of how things work pls?)
>>
>>1053470
Sure. Do you want the QM explanation or the player explanation? Or both?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>1050220
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.