[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metahuman Quest: New beginnings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 2

File: 1480442273047s.jpg (9KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1480442273047s.jpg
9KB, 250x187px
Popular vote wins.
I reserve the right to veto anything ridiculous.

Your bare feet stick and slap against the frozen feeling metal floor. The stinging of skin being pulled by the floor replaced by a numbness. The temperature of this cell kept perfect to keep your from submitting to hypothermia but your body submitting to the feeling of nothingness.

You pace the cell you've been kept in for days now, minimal food and bottled water dropped through a chute in the ceiling. As you rub your arms trying to bring back any sense of feeling you once had you hear a click and what you thought was a solid wall opens from the center and a bright white light blinds you momentarily as your eyes adjust.

A wave of warmth washes over you from the open door and goosebumps rise as you look at the curvy woman standing before you with two very large bald men.

"You've made it through the vetting process and we're ready to process you now."

Says the lighty accented voice of the Female Doctor. Her light brown hair is tied back in a pony tail and her smile crinkles the corners of her hazel eyes.

>Vetting process?
>Where am I?
>Who are you?
>I'm not going anywhere with you.
>Write-In
>>
>>1040138
>Where am I?
>>
>>1040138
>>Where am I?
oh so we are redoing this ok then
>>
>>1040138
>>Sup girl
>>
>>1040138
>>Where am I?
>Who are you?
>>
>>1040138
>Where am I?
>>
>>1040138
What the dick? Who are you? What the fuck is this shit?
>>
"Where am I?" You ask through chattering teeth

"You are at our recruitment center." She answers

The two bald men step forward and wrap their massive hands around your biceps the heat from their hands sending shivers up and down your arms and they begin walking you out.

"Wait. Who are you?" You ask

"I am Piper Moines, and if you'd kindly follow me." She points forwards as the last echoes of her French accented giggle ring off the walls.

You are dragged along by these bald headed giants and through the steel blue hallways, you can see the trim of the hallway is a deep emerald color and shimmers as the light passes over it. Eventually you reach a massive bulkhead that she opens with a few taps of her table door hisses and begins opening showing an empty room comprised of some sort of black metal. You're shoved inside and the bulkhead closes behind you.

Slowly your shivers subside as vents beneath the door blast you with hot air, and in the center room a small bulb rises revealing an armor case with a hooded leather jumpsuit. It has a series of metal cables running over it's surface.

You hear a click and the clear voice of Doctor Moines echoes in the silent chamber.

"Please put on the suit."

>Fuck. You.
>What is the suit?
>*put on the suit*
>*refuse to put on the suit*
>Write in
>>
>>1040495
>>Suck me off first
>>
>>1040495
>What is the suit?
>>
>>1040495
>>What is the suit?
>>
>>1040495
>>What is the suit?
>>
>>1040495
>What is the suit?
>>
"What is this suit?" You yell into empty space

"The suit will help us monitor your vitals, and make the battle simulations as realistic as possible. So please, put it on."

>Put on the suit
>Refuse to put on the suit
>>
>>1040599
>>Put on the suit
>>
>>1040599
>Put on the suit
>>
>>1040599
>>Put on the suit
Neat, was worried it would be something bad
>>
>>1040599
>Put on the suit

"Fine, whatever"
>>
>>1040599
>>Refuse to put on the suit
>>
You put on the tight leather suit and move your arms, while it is skin tight you dont feel any of your movement restricted. As you put up the hood you feel a vibration and the suit clamps down on your joints and you hit the ground unable to move. A flexi-glass screen slides down infront of you and you begin to notice a red mist filtering through the holes in the hood.

Gagging you try and move your arms up to remove the hood but find yourself unable. You begin to retch and cough as the mist invades your body and lungs, you feel the tissue in your esophagus burn and the lungs seize and scream in white-hot pain.

Then the helmet pumps a new mist, this one light green and you feel your lungs and throat ease and the pain fade to a pleasant warm sensation. The helmet clicks and opens and you gulp fresh air.

"Good, now that we've activated your rare genes with our mixture lets let the show begin." Says the cheery Piper

"We have 3 levels of the training, rough, brutal, and suicide."

>Suicide sounds good right now.
>Let's get brutal.
>Not too rough
>Write in
>>
>>1040766

Fuck it, kick my ass you bitch.
>>
>>1040766
>>
>>1040766
>>Let's get brutal.
>>
>>1040766
>>Suicide sounds good right now.
>>
>>1040766
>I'm an edgy twelve year old. Kill me.

Those difficulties sound like they're from an indie game. Ya know, one of the ones that gets shit out onto steam at least 15 times per hour.
>>
>>1040766
>>Suicide sounds good right now.
Real man mode activate
>>
>>1040845
This is an edgy place your in anon.
>>
>>1040861
I hope not,
if you write nothing but edge ill be popping off
>>
>>1040766
>>1040845
backing
>>
>>1040861
*you're
>>
"Suicide sounds pretty great right now actually." You reply

Without response the small glass window you just noticed that reveals her snaps closed and one of the walls again opens. Revealing a massive robotic spider.

It's body mass is equivalent to an SUV and it's legs are the size of street lamps. It turns it's glowing red lights towards you and begins crawling.

>Rush it
>Fuck this and run
>Try and find a place to hide
>Scream in terror
>Write-In
>>
>>1040920
Jump on his back and attack
>>
>>1040920
>Try and find a place to hide

Right under it! it has to have blind spots!
>>
>>1040920
The room have any layout at all?
Or are we in a big blank box?
>>
>>1040920
>>Rush it
>>
>>1040920
>>Rush it
Real man mode
>>
>>1040920
>Rush B

DEUS BLYAT
>>
>>1040943
It is a big blank box to your knowledge. It is dark however.
>>
>>1040920
Rush the motherfucker. Fuck it in the noggin with its leg
>>
>>1040920
also *its
>>
You rush this thing. You have no idea what those chemicals were but your blood is rushing, vision tunneling as you approach this behemoth. You feel a tingle in the back of your skull, a primal rage building towards this machine. You're almost upon it as it raises a massive iron leg.

>Catch the leg
>Slam the robot
>Slide under the robot
>Other
>>
>>1041200
>>Slam the robot
>>
>>1041200
>Catch the leg
>Detach said leg
>Apply liberally to noggin
>>
>>1041200
>>Slam the robot
>>
>>1041278
this
>>
>>1041200
>>Catch the leg
>>
>>1041278
+1
>>
3 votes for it OP, don't be dead.
>>
>>1042554
Not dead, just tired as shit and packed with school work. Will resume tomorrow.
>>
>>1041200
>Catch the leg
>Detach said leg
>Apply liberally to noggin
>>
>>1043689
>Second
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

You put up your hands as the leg comes crashing down but..you manage to stop it.

Your feet dig into the black tiled floor and you begin sliding but you're managing to hold this thing off. (Gained: Low Level Superstrength)

Roll 1d20 to see if this overpowers you. You have to beat my roll.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>1044646
>>
>>1044652
I would like to say, No.
No it does not.
>>
You hear the creaking gears and groaning metal as you reposition your feet and push back, the once mild tingle of irritation taking root as true anger at this machine.

You pull the leg trying to bring this massive spider-bot to the ground but instead you rip the entire leg off as rage consumes you. (Gained: Rage) The rage makes your muscles feel like chords of steel rope. Your eyes and ears are detecting things you'd have never noticed before. As you give into the violence and adrenaline floods your system, you can detect subtle temperature changes in the air, your fingers crunch through the metal like it was wet carboard as you lift the leg and hold it above you the once normal physique you had now bulging and solid. Your advanced hearing picks up a gasp from inside the head, this machine has a pilot. Your grip tightens on the leg.

>Crush the Pilot and the head
>Take out the legs
>Pin the spider to the ground
>Other
>>
>>1044687
>Take out the legs
>Rip the cockpit open
>Dont kill the pilot, just get them out of the controls and disarmed.

This is a trial afterall, i doubt we want to be labled as too dangerous to control.
>>
>>1044687
>Stab the Pilot and the head

Its just a simulation right?
>>
>>1044751
Kind of also want to be able to keep control while we use our powers, being rage head and attacking everything is going to be problematic.
>>
>>1044773
Eh, rage is better than berserk.
We probably fine
>>
>>1044824
I suppose. If its like a barbarian who keeps most of their basic mental control then its fine.

Still against killing the pilot though. If we want out of here we need to at least appear co-operative for the best chance.
>>
>>1044840
I don't really know whats going on but it'll probably be fine. we can just say we killed him cause we knew it was a simulation and he fucked with us first.
>>
Still a tie. No other votes were cast
>>
>>1044687
>>
>>1044687
>Take out the legs
>Pin the spider to the ground
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>1045378
Well, lets leave it up to fate
1: Crush the head
2: take out legs/pin to ground
>>
>>1045544
God damn too late to vote
>>
>>1045544
I would have voted for
>2: take out legs/pin to ground
>>
>>1045651
>>1045661
Eh, well its up to the QM.
When he sees this, he could just add your vote in and go with that.
>>
>>1044687
>>Pin the spider to the ground
>>
>>1044687
>Take out the legs, peel it cockpit open, have some fun with the pilot
>>
>>1044687
>Take out the legs
>Rip the cockpit open
>>
>>1044687
>>1045378
>>
Dude OP, why do you abandon all your quests?
>>
>>1053420
Seconding, I liked being a hero for hire.
>Take out the legs
>Rip the cockpit open
>>
You take the leg and in a massive sweeping motion take out the legs of the robo-spider. It's massive metal body hits the ground sending a deafening boom through the room. As it begins to regain it's footing you impale it with its own leg. Nailing it to the ground.

You grab the hatch on the top of the spiders head and you feel no resistance as you crunch the metal in your hands like foil and pry it open like a can of soda.

The pilot looks at you pure terror at the core of his eyes. He tries to draw his side arm but you grab the barrel of the puny gun and send plastic and metal shards flying as you squeeze.

Grabbing him by the throat you hold him over his vehicle the burdts of electricity causing it to shudder and twitch it's massive legs.

You try and call out to the Doctor to let her know you're done but your words are replaced by intense screaming from your own mouth. The rage taking over you fight to not snap the neck of this peon.

"Good." The french voice echoes

"Finish your test, and kill him."

>Do it
>Refuse
>>
>>1053420
I'm not your personal typewriter monkey, I have a life and things come up.
>>
>>1053685
>Refuse
>DIscpline and control are hallmarks of a worthy soldier. I will not give in to my impulses.
>>
>>1053685
Option C

>throw him aside and attempt to run one of the legs through the window we think she's behind.
>>
>>1053904
Backing.
Or just generally ripping off legs to throw into walls.
>>
>>1053904
This.
>>
You throw the pilot to the side, a whelp too insignificant to deserve your full fury. Your rage is instead aimed for the puppet master.

Looking up you see her standing in the large window over looking the rooms and again tear a leg from the robot.

"Ah. You prefer a more violent display, how intriguing." She muses

You loose a guttural growl in response and begin sprinting with the leg held above you. Letting out a wild scream of fury you slam the leg's sharp tip into the ground and catapult yourself towards the window.

Roll 1d20 and lets so how it goes.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>1054358
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>1054358
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>1054358
>>
>>1054418

Not bad
>>
You fly through the window head first, the cuts streaking along your face and upper body bother you not. You stand, now a towering figure to this Doctor and her once large guards now seem to be nothing more than useless sacks of fat inbetween you and her.

"This is your first and last chance. You've made your point, now stop this before someone gets hurt." She says firmly

The Guards step forward and you watch as the iron rings they wear morph and coat their fists with the same material.

You shake with unlimited fury, nearly foaming at the mouth thinking of which guard to disect first when a small voice. Your voice. Pipes up in the back of your mind.

"Calm Down."

>Listen to the voice
>Kill the Guards
>Incapacitate the Guards
>Other
>>
>>1054811
>Incapacitate the Guards

Was that your voice? Are you in my head?
>>
>>1054811
>Incapacitate the Guards
>>
>>1054811
>>Kill the Guards
>>
>>1054811
>>Incapacitate the Guards
>>
You try and speak but only heavy breaths come out. You need answers and maybe slaughtering and entire facility isn't the way to get them.

You pick up one guard and throw him to the floor. The other catching a glancing blow with his iron fist, they have immense strength behind their puny arms.

The next blow you catch his arm and fking him into the wall, he slides down groaning.

You approach the Doctor and grab her by the front of her coat lifting her. She does not resist instead she looks you deep in your eyes and breaths in deeply.

"Let. Me. Go. NOW." On the final word your eardrums nearly burst and you are flung backwards at an alarming speed by an invisible force. You hit the window you just came through, it's already damaged glass crumbling beneath your body as you fly through and fall nearly 50 feet to the floor.

You feel bones crunch as well as the black mirror-like tile.

The guards now awake drop from the window their iron feet slamming into the ground. They each grab a leg and their arms become the shining steel of the robot as they approach.

You pull yourself from the ground, you feel a shard of glass imbedded in your lower back and many other smaller fragments all over your back and neck.
The doctor is nowhere to be seen and the broken window is covered by a large black tile once more.

The voice speaks again.

"Surrender. Live to fight." It whispers

>Surrender
>Fight the guards
>>
>>1055022
>>Surrender
>>
>>1055022
>Surrender
>>
>>1055022
>>Fight the guards
Anons, don't bitch out.
>>
>>1055022
>Surrender

Damn, no rage healing then?
>>
>>1055022
>Surrender

Let the rage go cold and make decisions when lucid.
>>
>>1055022
>Fight the guards
And this time when you have someone in your hands fucking make sure they are out of the fight.
>>
You sink back to your knees and feel the rushing of blood slow, your skin cools as the fires of anger are smothered and you fade back to your regular form.

You expect waves of pain but instead you look at your body, the glass imbedded in you has all fallen out and you don't have a scratch.
[GAINED: Transformative Regeneration]

The guards haul you up by under your arms and deliver a, thankfully, flesh only punch. The world goes black and you wake up in a chair restrained by thick layers of leather and iron buckles.

Across from you is the doctor, smiling smugly

"I see you have returned to us, I was worried you would have never let go of your Beserker's gift. It appears when provoked your brain overflows your system with chemicals that full anger, aggresion and essentially removes the flight from your fight or flight." She coughs weakly and goes over her notes.

"We still aren't sure the correlation between the chemical releases and your tremendous growth in size to near 7 foot 6 inches. It is entirely lost to us how that happens. We are also unsure of any other dormant powers you may have, finding those out would require testing. So, do you trust us here at Darwin's Dream to ensure you reach your fullest potential or are you still dumb enough to believe you can fight us and win?"

>I don't meed to escape to win, just killing you is enough.
>Darwin's Dream? What is this place?
>I'll do whatever you want just get these restraints off (lie)
>I'll do whatever you want just get these restraints off
>Other
>>
>>1055358
>>
>>1055358
>I'll do whatever you want just get these restraints off
>>
>>1055358
>>Darwin's Dream? What is this place?>I'll do whatever you want just get these restraints off (lie)
>>
>>1055358
>Also if you are giving me super powers why the jail cell and murdering
>>
>>1055358
>>I don't meed to escape to win, just killing you is enough.
>>
"Darwin's dream? What the hell is that? Where am I, really?" You ask as you strain against your bonds.

"Well, we cant lie to you forever. Darwin's Dream is a Para-Military Corporation. We operate in military technology and advances in military science. You are both of those."
She says as she taps a button on the arm of her chair.

The lights raise and you see a bank of monitors, screens all woth the same emblem. A turtle with a steel shell. You now notice as she sets down the clipboard it's stamped onto the corner of her papers as well.

"Why give me these powers?" You ask

"Simple, we want to employ you. Use you as a superpowered soldier for hire. You'd be well compensated, could choose your jobs and have access to our labs and tech to further look into your powers. Only true condition is if corporate gives you an order there is no wiggle room, when the higher ups speak, you listen. It's the price we all pay." She says finishing with a smile, her light pink lips pressing tightly together in a smile.

A voice speaks in the back of your head, this one deep and gravely.

"She traps us, then offers freedom with strings. She must die."

You can now activate your Rage whenever you'd like but know when you do all options for diplomacy are likely thrown away. You can always choose to not use an action by just not including it in your reply.

Action:
>Rage

Option:
>I'll work with you.
>I'm not working for you.
>You're dead when I get out of here.
>Other
>>
>>1057386
>I'll work with you.

We have the rage now, let's let them help us unlock our other powers and it will be a lot easier to escape if they let us out on a mission
>>
>>1057386
>I'll work for you
>>
>>1057386
>I'll work with you
>>
>>1057386
>>Rage
>>
We are jekyk/ Hyde
Or the coolaid guy through walls

Let's listen to her for now, we gain more then we lose at the moment
>>
>I'll work with you.
>>
>>1058039
seconded
>>
we are going to need genius intelligence. like reed Richards smart, if we are going to escape without them knowing, not leave a trail to follow, and to build a power base when they come to reclaim their 'property'
>>
>>1061413

I think you might be overestimating it, we don't know the other powers we're going to end up getting and even without them the Hulk has managed to elude capture a lot and we're a lot like him
>>
"I'll work with you. Sure. I can only gain from this partnership." You say instantly you feel the bonds relax and slip off you.

Looking behind you, a man stands smiling his arms elongated and leathery.

"Welcome to the family." Says the doctor, the smile broadening as she exposes her gleaming teeth.

You stand and move around, other than some rather manageable soreness you seem to be completely fine even though you were a pin cushion for glass shards moments ago. The doctor rises and motions for you to follow, you bith walk through the dark halls of whatever this facility is.

"Well since you've joined us it's time for you to become registered for hire. You'll need an Operational Name and your specialty when it comes to jobs."

She steps into a side room filled with servers and monitors, a keyboard emerges from the wall and she begins typing.

Operational Name: (here comes the name clusterfuck)
>Write-In

Specialty: (choose up to 2)
>Infiltrations
>Interrogation
>Assault
>Defense
>Recovery
>Recon
>Search and Rescue
>Assassination
>Undercover
>Write-In
>>
>>1064287
>Phoenix

>Infiltration
>assassination
>>
> name
?

>specialty
>assault
>Assassination
>>
>>1064287
>Phoenix

>Assault
>Assassination

Eversor Assassin is go
>>
>>1064287
>Genocide

>Assault
>Search and Rescue
>>
>>1064445
This
>>
>>1064287

I vote for this as well..

>>1064445
>>
>>1064287
>Bulldozer

>Assault
>Assassination
>>
>>1064445
Supporting
>>
>>1064445
Awww yeah boi
>>
>>1061823
that translates to, we can choose our powers in the future.

yes but hulk also has a reputation as an unstable storm. we might want to avoid that.

>>1064287
>write in
can we get a brief description of each category? for example, what is recovery? is it healing? is it recovery of a package? or recovery of people?
>>
>>1069537
and

I second the

>name: bulldozer
>>
>>1069537
Yeah, sounds good.
I'll second this
>>
Quest will resume today. Past three days have been intense was in DC, then heavy work.
>>
>>1077078

Thanks for the heads up
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.