[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Necromancy Quest Redux: Thread Eleven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 3

File: NecromancyQuest2.png (261KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
NecromancyQuest2.png
261KB, 1500x1000px
Welcome to Modern Necromacy Quest: Redux! This time we follow Liz Shepherd from Olim, Maine, an 18-year-old high school graduate who’s just received a tome of unending horror in the mail, and is on a quest to become the best damn necromancer she can...or at least have some fun along the way. So far we have
>Summoned a sassy cat ghost
>Claimed and secured a secret tree-house lair for all our dark needs
>gone to Portland to investigate a possibly supernatural library explosion
>failed a stealth check and got discovered by a guy digging around the library
>gotten pulled through a portal by said guy (Argus) and brought to the Seelie Court, one of two warring factions of Fae
>received an “invitation” to join the Seelie, and politely asked to meet their enemy, the Unseelie, before taking them up on it
>come home and discovered that somebody from the Unseelie is using a Stygian imp to spy on us (quite a nice imp he was, too)
>gone to a garden store and nursery with our Dad to pick up a few things, imp and cat-spirit still in tow
>narrowly avoided eating an apple at said nursery
>received a small white seed from a wizened old store clerk for our restraint
>studied up on raising multiple summons at once and googled some good info about wards
>found out that your sister is a lying jerk
>lurked in a chat between magic users and got a tip to look for Ulysses' grimoire to learn about warding
>got tired and went to bed
>woke up, went to the garden store to get some aconite for your lesser physical summons (not!skeltals)
>refused the pushy store clerk the chance to grow the seed herself
>went to portland to look for Ulysses' grimoire so as to learn warding from it
>scared off some magical thugs with a bit of namedropping and well-timed ghost usage
>found the shop we’d been directed to, destroyed a shoddy physical form (not!zombie)
>trapped the spirit animating it
>beaten up the old lady who created the form
>accidentally released the spirit when trying to remove evidence
>got ahold of Ulysses' grimoire
>permanently banished it with Cat's help
>had our injuries looked after, then concealed with a glamour from Argus
>gone home and slept like the dead (sorry)
>gone to the Unseelie Court in a rolls-royce
>Had a look around, and spotted another Necromancer's animal shade
>met up with the other necromancer (“Enkidu”) and started to talk
>learned he lived in Connecticut and is a bit further along than we are
>talked to a fishman about the politics of the court
>Joined the Unseelie
>narrowly escaped a fae party after getting our injuries (painfully) fixed
>returned home
>read some of Ulysses’ grimoire and tried to make a ward
>summoned Cat to take a look at our attempt
And that’s where we are now...

Discord: https://discord.gg/GwB7T67
>>
Continued from
>>1013281
“What happened at the Unseelie Court?” you demand, arms crossed. “One second you were there and the next you’d disappeared. What unsummoned you?”
To your surprise, Cat seems lost for words. The usually-eloquent spirit hesitates for a long few moments before giving an answer.

“I’m not certain. I was here one moment, then I was gone. I have no memory of anything after you left the alcove where you were talking with the other necromancer. Enkidu was the name he gave, yes? I remember him turning away...and nothing else after that.”

Your brow furrows. It could be that the magic of the Fae celebration was what unsummoned Cat, and the amnesia just happens to stretch back a few minutes beyond that. Then again, if Enkidu had something to do with it, you need to know. He made it sound like he hadn’t found any more resources related to necromancy since he’d gotten the Sikes grimoire, but that might have been intentional. If you were trying to muscle out another necromancer, keeping them in the dark about what you know is a good first step...and stealing their shade would be the next. It’s likely this is nothing more than a bad reaction between Cat’s magic and the fae magic, but you can’t help feeling paranoid.

“Fine. Let me know if you remember anything. Oh, that’s right—can you test something for me? I tried to make a ward, but I can’t tell if it worked.”

“Of course, my lady.” It’s hard to tell, but he seems almost relieved to get a request he can actually fulfill. You might just be projecting, though. He spends a few long seconds staring at the air in front of you, then shakes his head.

“There’s something there, but it’s...tattered, to say the least. I find it interesting you can produce such a thing, but not see it.”

“Should I be able to?”

“I know little about warding, my lady. Perhaps if you tried to look at it, as you did with my...my skull, when you asked about a way to track me, some nights ago?”
Hmm...that might work. You managed to pick it up fairly easily that time, but who knows if you’ll be able to do it again? Still, being able to see the ward might make re-forming it easier the next time around.

>Try to focus on the ward to see it
>Skip that, just try to reform it
>ask Cat something else
>other
Archives
MNQR #1 -https://archive.b-stats.org/qst/thread/747132
MNQR #2 -https://archive.b-stats.org/qst/thread/766214
MNQR #3 - https://archive.b-stats.org/qst/thread/803791
MNQR #4 -https://archive.b-stats.org/qst/thread/829337
MNQR #4: https://archive.b-stats.org/qst/thread/829337
MNQR #5: https://archive.b-stats.org/qst/thread/883824
MNQR #6: https://archive.b-stats.org/qst/thread/909378
MNQR #7: https://archive.b-stats.org/qst/thread/937044
MNQR #8 https://archive.b-stats.org/qst/thread/959596
MNQR #9: https://archive.b-stats.org/qst/thread/988518
MNQR #10: >>1005957
>>
>>1030152
>>Try to focus on the ward to see it
Hi Skelly.
>>
>>1030152
>Try to focus on the ward to see it
We need to get on that chatroom later and ask Enkidu if Skunkbro disappeared when Cat did.
We also need to check on the rest of Cat's remains. They may have been used to pull him away from us.
>>
>>1030202
No? I don't really remember if other things can be used to do that.
>>
>>1030152
>Focus on the ward

>>1030202
And that Scapulae looks interesting to use instead of the skull
>>
>>1030210
Any of Cat's bones can be used to summon him, as long as the bone being used is large enough, and I can't remember if a secondary summoner is or is not able to pull a shade away from its primary summoner.

It's possible that we aren't his primary summoner though, and it's VERY possible for a primary summoner to pull a shade away from a secondary summoner.
>>
What? Where did you read that?
>>
>>1030215
>>1030202
>>1030178
Please roll 1d20 for success, best of three, crits take precedence.
>>
>>1030238
>>1030225
whoops
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1030238
First run. I can't remember which thread, but I believe it was discussed in Sykes' Grimoir.

>>1030242
Rolling!
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1030242
>>
>>1030253
>>1030245
Writing.
>>
You nod, agreeing to Cat’s suggestions. There’s no sense trying to do a thing if you can’t even see what it is you’re doing. So you sit down on your bed, and focus on the empty space six inches in front of your chest. You try to look at it the same way you did when trying to get information Cat’s skull before. You relax your eyes, trying to let your pupils widen and spread, to absorb as much information as possible.

You catch a glimpse of something, and it takes all of your self-discipline to keep from staring straight at it. You know if you try to look at it directly, it’ll just disappear, so you let it sit there, hovering in the edge of your periphery. After a little while, more of it comes into view, floating there in front of you like a rigid sign attached to your chest.

You don’t know what you expected, but you’re almost surprised to realize it’s the same palish blue color as the rest of the magic you’ve seen. Has necromancy changed the color of your energy, or was it always like that? In any event, Cat was being polite when he called it tattered. At this point, it’s more hole than solid. You grab Ulysses’ grimoire and skim through the bit again, catching another paragraph on the opposite page.

Do it perfectly the first time. Do you think I ask too much of you to do it perfectly the first time? It’s easy; slow down as much as you need to avoid making mistakes. You have all the time in the world, so why not use it? Take an hour. Take a day if you need it. If that's what you need to not make a mistake, then that is time spent well Only speed up when you can do it without error. If you make a mistake, you went too fast; slow down and do it once more.

That makes sense, even if it is annoying to hear you might need a whole day to get it. You don’t have that kind of time! Your mother and brother will be back tonight, and you doubt you’ll get another free day to stand around waving your hands in front of you like this. Still, warding does seem like something useful to know…
>Try again, going as slowly as you need to
>Forget this, try to find remains for the lesser physical form
>Forget this, try planting that seed you got at the garden shop
>>
>>1030349
>>
>>1030349
Mom didn't raise a half asser
[spoilerJust a very subpar one][/spoiler]
>>
>>1030349
>Forget this, try teasing the neighbor's dog for Cat's amusement.
If the neighbors don't have a dog, let's just keep trying this.
>>
>>1030365
>>1030379
Please roll, 1d20, best of three, crits take precedence.
>>1030387
Neighbors do have a dog, but you got out-voted
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1030405
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>1030405
Oops I accidentally this roll
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1030405
>>
>>1030414
Writing.
Recently, it's been quite a turn around from the rolls we had earlier on in the quest.
>>
>>1030449
Because i am not around to summon the pirated of Penance
also, missed the roll
>>
You sigh, and sit back down on the bed. All throughout your childhood, your parents told you again and again to never do anything halfway. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing all the way. So you take a deep breath and close your eyes, feeling for your energy again. It comes more easily this time, surging up into your finger. You sit like that for a few minutes, letting it rest there, and at a snail’s pace rise to your feet.

Five hours later, you’re nearly done. It turns out, your problem was that you were moving your hand faster than your energy could come out, resulting in something that looked more like a spiderweb than a shield. Now that you’re just about able to see the ward as it goes up means that now, you can move as slowly as you have to. As it turns out, “as slowly as you have to” is agonizingly slow. You’re covering a smaller area than before, but it’s still painfully sluggish.
You’re close to finishing though, and the thing looks much closer to completion than before. You hope that it’ll at least get easier as time goes on and you get more practiced, or you don’t know how much use you’ll get out of it.

Finally, you put the last touches on, just as you hear the car roll into the driveway. Sounds like the gang’s returned from the Faire, and hopefully had a good time. You can hear Andrew shouting your name from outside, but you haven’t tested the ward yet.

>The family can wait, you have to have Cat test the ward. You certainly spent long enough working on the thing.
>Go see what he’s yelling about. The ward will wait a little longer.
>Other
>>
>>1030530
>Ask Cat to give the ward a once-over.
>Go see what he’s yelling about and let Cat do his thing.
>>
>>1030530
>Go see what he’s yelling about. The ward will wait a little longer.

Nothing in the book said anything about wards fading away, right? It'll probably be there when we get back.
>>
>The family can wait, you have to have Cat test the ward. You certainly spent long enough working on the thing. >>1030530
>>
>>1030556
Yup
>>
>>1030558
>>1030556
>>1030598
Writing.
>>
“Cat, take a look at the ward, will you?”
You take a step forward—and the ward moves with you. Surprised, you twist to the side, and so does the faintly-visible blue rectangle. Interesting. Seems like the default is to for it to move relative to you. Useful, but you wonder if there’s a way to attach it to a solid object, like a book or a chair or something. Argus mentioned that the Court was warded...but then again, it could be that those were a different type? You shake your head and leave the room, Cat swirling around you as he tries to examine the ward despite your movements.

“Lizzie, Lizzie!” Andrew calls, his voice more than loud enough to be heard through the front door as Mom fumbles for a key. You reach the door quickly and pull it open, Olivia trailing behind the other two. Andrew is positively bouncing, and wraps his arms around you, craning his neck up to look at you.

“Lizzie, guess what happened at the Faire!”
You wince. His volume his always a bit higher than necessary, but this is ridiculous.

“You saw a knight?” you ask, knowing he won’t tell you until you at least make a guess. He shakes his head.

“There were policemen!”
Surprised, you look over at your mother for an explanation. She nods unhappily.

“A girl went missing, a teenager from what they said.”
She looks even more anxious now than she did this morning, and you realize she’s on the verge of tears.

“I know it’s silly, Liz, but I called you, and when you didn’t respond I...” She walks over and wraps her arms around you, sandwiching Andrew between the two of you. You bite your lip, remembering when your phone rang earlier. It’d been in the middle of your warding attempt, so you’d ignored it, and now Mom’s freaking out...

>Reassure her. (I’m safe here, don’t worry. Besides, I’m sure they’ll find the girl soon.)
>Make a joke to break the tension. (What, you were worried? If anybody came here, I’d send them packing.)
>Apologise. (I’m sorry Mom, that must have been scary.)
>>
>>1030678
>Apologise.
"I'm sorry mom; I just forgot to take my phone off vibrate."
>>
>>1030678
>Make a joke to break the tension. (What, you were worried? If anybody came here, I’d send them packing.)
With lots of magic. But don't say that.
>>
>>1030720
This is not the joke option, right?
voting for this
>>
>>1030737
this
>>
>>1030758
>>1030720
Two for Apologise
>>1030737
>>1030769
Two for joking

Another 5 minutes for a tiebreak, then I'll roll a d2
>>
>>1030769
god damn it now people are gonna think I'm samefagging
>>
>>1030783
Why, tho?
>>
>>1030790
Because he's samefagging
>>
>>1030783
fuck you, i just didn't want the overly sentimental apology vote to win.
I wanted to reassure but fuck apologizing.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1030774
1 is apologise
2 is joke
Writing as soon as I post this
>>
“What, you were scared?” You ask, giving her a smile. “If anybody had come through here I would have sent them packing!”
You pull one arm free of the hug and flex, showing off your non-existent muscles. Your mother giggles a little, a tear leaking out. She lets go of you and wipes it off, returning your smile.

“I know you’re joking, but you really do need to be careful.” She grabs your shoulders and looks you in the eye. “I have no idea what kind of person would do this, but some kind of self defense class or something wouldn’t hurt. I worry about you, Liz. Getting mugged, and now there might even be a predator taking girls...you need to be able to protect yourself.”
You nod, agreeing with her. She doesn’t know the half of it, but you wouldn’t say no to something that could help keep you from getting beaten up again. Pious’ beetles are nice and all, but they come with a cost and they hurt like hell. Best to avoid needing them in the first place.

Olivia’s already trudged up to her room, and Andrew’s in the kitchen, apparently hungry after a few hours of walking around the Faire. Your mom wipes her eyes again and bustles over to make him something to eat. Your stomach grumbles as well—you haven’t eaten since breakfast, however long ago that was.

Cat sits on one of the stairs by the door, and perks up his ears once your mother leaves.

“The ward is solid, my lady. Not overly strong, but good enough to block a direct attack, perhaps even two.”
Well, that’s hardly a lot, but blocking one fireball is better than taking the full brunt of it. You lean against the wall opposite your room, thinking about what to do now.

>Work more on your warding (specify reading, more practice, etc.)
>Try to find remains for your Lesser Physical Form summon
>plant or otherwise investigate the seed
>other
>>
>>1030872
We should plant the seed, we can continue with the ward later
Famous last words
>>
>>1030872
>Try to find remains for your Lesser Physical Form summon
>>
>>1030896
this
>>
>>1030896
>>1030936
Writing.
>>
Your thought flashes to the seed, stashed in a drawer in your room. The botanist girl at the shop said it was probably some kind of grass, so it’s probably okay to plant it in a pot, since the roots shouldn’t be too deep. You’re not sure if that type of logic applies to magical plants, but it would make sense.

You go out the door and into the garage, digging around until you get hold of some potting soil and a clay pot. You fill the pot up and carry it inside, pausing to wet the potting soil in the bathroom. Once in your room, you take a minute or two to find the seed, but manage to pluck it out. You push a little space aside in the pot and drop the seed in, covering it up again and placing the thing on your desk. You wait a moment, staring expectantly...but nothing happens.

You sigh, feeling stupid. Of course nothing happened. Even grass takes a few days to grow, doesn’t it? Turning away, you hear a rustling sound, and glance back. To your shock, a green shoot of grass is already poking up out of the pot, wider than you think you’ve ever seen. It continues to grow, getting longer, but not thicker, until it’s draped over your desk and reaches to the floor.

It looks more or less like a normal blade of grass, if someone had made it five feet long and six inches wide. It’s still fairly flat, but you notice markings on the bottom. Carefully turning it over, you realize that the markings are letters, darkened patches on the blade of grass that spell something out.

[I] Think of love and me as well
Offered to beauties, lovers, belles
Though I grace tombs and graveyards old
My coloring is far from cold
What am I? [/i]

A riddle? It reminds you of those brain teasers your Dad used to always read to you at breakfast, just a lot harder. You sit at your chair and think for a minute. Besides the obvious riddle, other questions jump to your mind. What happens if you answer it? How are you supposed to answer it? Just say it out loud or something? You lean back and try to think

>Answer the riddle (specify your guess)
>Examine the riddle-grass more closely
>Give up for now, go do something else (specify what)
>>
>>1031025
desu I'm too drunk to solve riddles but I'll support anyone who thinks they have an answer
>>
>>1031025
Is it a rose?
>>
>>1031025
I'm guessing a rose.
>>
>>1031025
>Look for a way to answer the riddle-grass's question, because I know that this no-ear having plant doesn't expect us to talk to it
If we find a way to answer appropriately, let it know that it is the sweetest smelling red rose that we've had the pleasure to meet.
>>
>>1031062
>>1031074
>>1031082
>>1031089
Writing for examining the grass, then answering the riddle "Rose"
>>
Wait, which part of the riddle sounds like a rose instead of any other flower?
>>
>>1031106
>Think of love and me as well
>Offered to beauties, lovers, belles
>My coloring is far from cold
>>
>>1031110
The part about graves threw me off a little, tho'
>>
>>1031123
It's typical for people to throw roses on the coffin at a burial.
>>
>>1031123
Roses being left on graves isn't anything particularly special, beyond the flower itself being considered special. The line is in the poem in order to open up an opportunity to make a rhyme that references the flower's color.
>>
>>1031132
>>1031139
Oh, thank you.
It is mostly because we use the Calla lily for that purpose
>>
An idea jumps into your head almost at once, but you hold yourself back. Best to investigate a little further, see how this thing works. You examine both sides of the blade of grass as carefully as you can, but notice nothing out of the ordinary, except how incredibly green the thing is. Not a brown spot or dead patch anywhere on it. You look closer to the base, and finally find something worth examining more closely.

It’s a largish bump near the base of the rhyme-grass, shaped sort of like a cone, only an inch or two across. You poke it, and it feels hollow, giving a little under your finger. You flick it, wondering if it’ll pop, but instead it gives off a pinging sound, like smacking a yoga ball with your bare hand. You think for a minute, remembering back to last semester’s anatomy and physiology class. It’d been fairly relaxed since it was mostly seniors, but you recalled something about some kind of membrane in the ear—it picked up vibrations because it was stretched tight, then interpreted those vibrations as sound. Maybe...maybe this worked kind of the same way? Only one way to find out.

You clear your throat, and announce your answer at a reasonable volume, making sure to speak in the general direction of the hearing cone.
“A rose.”

A few seconds pass before the rhyme-grass reacts. Abruptly, the obnoxiously-green blade of grass begins to brown. Before your eyes, the color leaches out of it, and the stem breaks off, letting the now brittle blade of dead grass fall to the floor. Another few seconds pass. As suddenly as before, another blade grows out of the pot, this marked in the same manner as the last one.

Stretching high and digging low
Tall and strong, but growing slow
Men cross seas upon my bones
Give me time, and my feet crack stones
What am I?

You groan, annoyed. How many of these are you going to have to go through? What possible reward can it give you, anyway? A lifetime supply of pollen? Still, you have to admit you’re curious…

>Answer the riddle
>Ignore it, do something else (specify)
>other
>>
>>1031182
>>Answer the riddle
A tree?

Captcha even predicted my answer.
>>
>>1031187
Yup, sounds like a tree to me
>>
>>1031182
>Answer the riddle
>If the plant reacts as before, ask Cat for his thoughts on this before the next blade finishes growing
>>
>>1031187
>>1031189
>>1031197
Writing.
>>
>>1030678
>bouncing, and wraps his arms around you, craning his neck up to look at you.
/SS/ incoming
>>
>>1031216
Fine, might as well see if second time’s the charm. You lean in towards the hearing cone and speak your answer.
“A tree.”

The thing reacts exactly the same as before, color beginning to leach out of the long blade. You click your tongue and turn to Cat, watching the scene with no small amount of interest from a few feet away.

“What do you think of all this? Any idea how this thing works or what’s going on?” You ask. You figure he won’t know anything new, but two heads are better than one.

“Apologies, my lady, I know nothing regarding this strange plant. You received it from the old man at the garden center, did you not? Perhaps these words have some meaning to him, or spell a code? In any event, it’s clear he is more than he appears to be.”
You nod, agreeing absolutely with the last sentiment. You grab a piece of paper, and jot down the two words to make sure you don’t forget them, in case there are more coming. That done, you look at the new riddle.

Eat of me, and you’ll be fed
But of my cousin, and soon be dead
I may climb or I may spread
Taste me on pewter, and you’ll taste lead.
What am I?

Hopefully three is the lucky number. You’re glad your door is locked—how the hell could you explain something like this to your mom, if she walked in? An animal skull and some wine is one thing, but this is beyond youthful teenage rebellion. You think for a moment, and

>answer the riddle
>ignore it and do something else (specify)
>other
>>
>>1031247
>eat of me
Edible
>But of my cousin
It has a toxic cousin
>I may climb
Vine
>Taste lead
Has a sweet taste

Tomato
>>
>>1031247
Well, shit. I'm stumped. I want to say ivy, but the part about eating doesn't make sense. I initially thought of wheat, but the part about tasting its cousin and soon being dead didn't make any sense, in addition to the "I may climb, or I may spread" part.
>>
>>1031247
Tomato

It is related to Nightshade and the acidity leaches lead out of pewter.
>>
>>1031247
>answer the riddle
Tomato, the fruit that thinks it's a vegetable.
>>
>>1031257
>>1031273
>>1031283
The three sages of the Tomato have gifted you with their wisdom Cloud! Go forth and use it wisely to flavor sauces, burgers, and many other such food stuffs! But be wary of pewter goblets and plates! Lest thy brain become cerfuffled by the cruel curse of Plumbum poisoning!

Bring the might of yonder tomato unto the heathen hordes and boil them in Preggo! Or Hunts! Or whatever favored spaghetti sauce you so choose, so you may devour your foes with the noodles of Justice and the Meatballs of Truth!
>>
>>1031257
>>1031273
>>1031283
Writing. This'll be the last post of the night, though I'll be running tomorrow at the same time if all goes well.
Also, I hear tomatoes are technically berries, as well as fruits.
>>
>>1031259
>>1031301
Shit, forgot to actually link Cloud in that post.
>>
>>1031303
Yes, they are berries, which are a type of fruit.
>>
>>1031301
>spaghetti
>skeletons
>ghosts
I like where this is going
>>
>>1031314
What a world we live in.
>>
>>1031303
The class vegetable has only relevance in culinary terms, not in science.
It is a fruit to a botanist, but not to a chef
>>
You answer the riddle, thanking whatever gods accept prayers from teenage necromancers that your mother grows tomatoes every summer. The plant molts as usual, and you start to turn away in disgust. You’re half-convinced that the thing is some kind of trick, a diversionary plant just meant to distract anyone who plants it. Then, you notice something odd.

It’s not growing another leaf. Though the old leaf fell off like the last two, another one has yet to sprout from the pot. Instead, a bud sticks up out of the potting mix, growing rapidly. After just a few seconds, it spreads out, revealing the fact that there’s more than a flower hidden inside. A tiny red gem peeks out from amongst petals of the same colors, glinting in the afternoon light. You pluck it from where it sits and hold it up, the facets dancing and glimmering. You have no idea what kind of gem it is, or what it’s meant to do, but at least it’s not another riddle.

There’s a sudden knock at your door. Your mother’s voice calls from the other side, asking you what you’d like for dinner. Tucking the gem into your desk drawer, you step over the dry blades of grass littering your floor and duck out of the room to answer, making sure to close the door behind you. You’re more confused than ever, and the price Oberon mentioned this morning weighs heavily on your mind...but you’re surrounded by family and good food, so how bad can life be?

See you all tomorrow night, 7:30pm EST
>>
>>1031342
Thank you for running
>>
>>1031342
Thank you for running!
>>
>>1031361
>>1031357
Always happy to do it. Glad you enjoyed
>>
Will be running in roughly 40 minutes, if all goes well. See you then!
>>
>>1033189
20 minutes remain...
>>
>>1033236
>Dawn of the Final Day Intensifies
>>1031342
Dinner goes well. Your father is just as concerned by the possibility of a pattern of disappearing teenaged girls as your mother was, but points out that two cases are hardly evidence of such a pattern. This earns him a glare from your mother, but the rest of the meal passes amicably. Andrew is bursting with stories from the Ren Faire he and your mother and sister went to earlier in the day, eager to share every little detail. Even Olivia’s normal sarcastic remarks are absent, as she seems more interesting in texting under the table than gracing the rest of you with her wit.

Afterwards, you help wash up with your Dad, and he seems receptive to the idea of some self-defense classes, or at least a can of pepper-spray. He suggests you look up ones in the area, and makes a joke about finding one early in the day “so you don’t miss any of those crazy teenage parties!”
You return a blank stare, and he coughs and looks away.

Back in your room, you fiddle with your phone, thinking. It’s true you haven’t exactly had much of a social life recently. Your nights have been...busy, to say the least, and it’s not like you were peas in a pod with any of the other kids at school. You kept to yourself for the most part, but you’re sure you could find somewhere to be if you really wanted. It might be interesting, at the least.

Then again, you do have the whole “magic” thing to look into, and on most scales that registers as more interesting than a party. To be quite fair, you’ve probably spent more time committing the kind of act that’d get you hanged in Salem than you have at a nice teenage shindig.

So what do you do with your evening?
>Investigate the red gem you got from the rhyme-grass
>Work on finding remains for the Lesser Physical Form
>Text to somebody and find a party to go to
>>
>>1033298
>>Text to somebody and find a party to go to
Might find a cute boy
>>
>>1033330
Writing now.
>>
>>
>>1033298

>>1033351
I think we're too late. C'est la vie.
At least it's possible we'll find something worthwhile atta party.
>>
>>1033347
You nod decisively. Time to mix it up. The summer’s passing, and you haven’t even gone out once! It’s not that you have some great desire to do so, of course, but it seems like something you out to try at least once. The teenage experience and all that. Besides, maybe it’s like food—until you try something, how are you supposed to know if you like it?

So you pull out your phone and text a friend, Felix. He’s kind of a weaselly sort, but he’s alright. You spent more than one health class in the back of the room passing rolled eyes and sarcastic notes, and you’re pretty sure he’s got a crush on you. He also happens to sell a little pot on the side now and then, making him the man to talk to if you’re looking for a party.

A few awkward minutes spent bumming around your room putting on a minimum of makeup to hit the occasional zit and changing your clothes two or three times, and he texts you back. As it happens, somebody’s parents are out of town, and Ken even offers to drive you over. Seeing as you have no other form of transportation, you agree. You send Cat out front, giving him instructions to get you if a car pulls up, and start for the living room...then stop.

You could ask your parents. They tend to prefer a bit more notice than this, but they’re also fairly flexible if you’re not asking for a ride. The odds are decent that they wouldn’t have a problem, even if Felix is involved. Then again, if they decide that it’s out of the question because of all the girls disappearing, your night dissolves into boredom and solitude, and you have to apologize to Felix for bailing on him.

So do you
>Ask your parents, be honest about where you’re going
>Ask your parents, lie about where you’re going
>Don’t ask your parents, sneak out the back
>>
>>1033404
>>Ask your parents, be honest about where you’re going
Might as well be truthful for once, if only to cover up an even graver secret.
>>
>>1033425
>cover up an even graver secret
>an even graver secret
>even graver secret
>graver secret
>graver
DELET
>>
>>1033429
I seriously had no intention of doing that.
>>
>>1033425
Writing now.
>>1033434
Just so you know, I'm not sure it's a great idea running with only one person playing. I'll give it 3-4 more posts, see if anybody else will hop in.
>>
>>1033404
>>>Ask your parents, be honest about where you’re going

>>1033459
Sometimes people don't vote if its between options they don't care about.
>>
Best to be honest. You’re hiding enough from your parents already, no reason to lie about everything. So you head into the living room where they’re watching TV, and wait a moment before interrupting.

“Hey Mom, Dad. I was going to go out to a party in a little bit, and I just wanted to make sure that was cool. I don’t need a ride or anything like that.”
Your Dad actually lookss pleasantly surprised, but your mother seems more worried than anything else. She starts to grill you about where you’ll be, how many people will be there, what’ll be going on, and all the rest. To your surprise, the size of it actually works in your favour—the way she sees it, the more people, the safer you are. Finally, she gives her reluctant assent.

“Okay, Liz, you have my permission. Just promise to text me when you get there, and when you’re leaving, okay?”
You nod and give your word, and the two of them go back to the show they were watching. You grab a small cross-body bag and tuck in your phone, wallet, and a pocket knife. Never hurts to be prepared, and all that. You try to fit Cat’s skull in, but it simply won’t fit, and you refuse to be the girl bringing a backpack to a house party.

A few minutes later, Cat comes whirling through the wall, to report that your ride has arrived. Ken’s driving the car, a grey sedan that you think is older than he is. He’s a friend of Felix, though you’ve never spent much time with him. He’s a little more muscular than Felix but almost as skinny, and constantly posts pictures of rockclimbing and hiking trips online.

The car ride is a little awkward, since you hardly know what to talk about with the guy, but it goes quickly enough. You pull up in front of an average two story split-level suburban home, and Ken parks across the street. You can hear the music from here, and once inside, it only gets louder. You’re not the first ones here by a long shot, and it looks like the party’s already separated into a couple of distinct groups. All of them are hanging out in different areas, drinking, smoking and talking.

Ken makes a beeline for one of the upstairs bedrooms, and you catch sight of Felix through the temporarily-open door. A puff of smoke escapes before Ken yanks the door shut behind him, followed by the smell of Felix’s drug of choice. It looks like there are a couple of people sitting around a bonfire in the backyard as well, and a few people you know from AP Bio downstairs watching the latest summer blockbuster and downing a few drinks.

Where do you head first?
>The backyard. The whole point of this is to try something new—time to make some new friends and try to be less of an introvert!
>The bedroom. Felix was the one who invited you, so you should at least go say hi and chill with him and Ken for a little while. Don’t want to seem ungrateful.
>Downstairs. You’d prefer to stick with what’s safe for now, and relaxing with a drink while watching some shitty movie sounds like a good time.
>>
>>1033521
>The bedroom. Felix was the one who invited you, so you should at least go say hi and chill with him and Ken for a little while. Don’t want to seem ungrateful.
>>
>>1033521
>>The bedroom. Felix was the one who invited you, so you should at least go say hi and chill with him and Ken for a little while. Don’t want to seem ungrateful.

Hope we can check the other stuff later
>>
>>1033529
>>1033555
Writing now.
>>
You decide to follow behind Ken and head towards the upstairs bedroom. You pass the kitchen where a few enterprising individuals are attempting to invent the most disgusting mixed drink possible, and head into the bedroom.

It’s fairly dim, lit mostly by a string of christmas lights running along the top of the wall and a single lamp struggling valiantly despite having been tipped on its side. The room is unsurprisingly smoky, and Felix is just passing a cracked, taped-up bong across the room when he catches sight of you. Coughing violently he throws his arms up in the air, apparently happy to see you.

“Lizzie!” he shouts, once he’s got his breath again. “What’s good? It’s been way too long girl, way too long.”
You smile and nod, feeling more than a little out of your element. At Felix’s gesturing, you grab a seat, foregoing the mattresses in favour of one of the unoccupied beanbags scattered around the room. Felix returns to the discussion he was having prior to you entering the room, apparently a discussion of the comparative efficiencies of bubblers and pipes.

Ken is leaning back on one of the mattresses, apparently deep in conversation with the girl sitting next to him. You recognize her as his girlfriend, so you wouldn’t feel too bad about interrupting—not like you were cockblocking him anyway. On your other side, someone you vaguely recognize from school is holding a lighter up to the bowl of the bong, about to take a hit. You’ve smoked a few times, but it has been a while…
Of course, Cat is perched quite comfortably on the dresser by the door, observing the room with half-lidded eyes. It feels weird to be at a party with him watching everything, but you sure as hell weren’t going to leave him at home.

How do you proceed?
>Talk to Felix and friends
>Talk to Ken and his girlfriend
>Ask for a rip once the last guy’s finished
>>
>>1033646
>Talk to Felix and friends
>>
>>1033646
>>Talk to Felix and friends
>>
>>1033663
>>1033659
Writing now.
Unfortunately something new has come up, and I'll only be able to continue for two or three more posts. I will be running tomorrow though.
>>
Sorry for the suddenness, but last post of the night. See all y’all tomorrow, 7:30pm EST, and I’ll be running for longer than I did tonight.
You decide to talk with Felix, and scootch your beanbag forwards a little so as to be able to hear him better. He sees you moving forward and grins broadly.
“Hey Liz, I was just talking about my business plans with Tom here.”
He nods towards somebody else sitting on a beanbag, another skinny highschool kid in sweats and a backwards baseball cap. If you had to guess, you’d say he’s trying to go for the ‘thug’ look, but you’re far from an expert on such things.

“Oh? What kind of business?” You don’t really need to ask, but figure you should at least give Felix the benefit of the doubt. Selling weed on the side to make some money during high school is one thing, but from the sound of things he’s not even going to school in the fall.

“Haha, you know what I do, Liz! ” he gives you a grin just a few shades away from sleazey, and turns back to Tom. “Do you mind if we put that on hold though? I haven’t seen this kid since graduation!”

Over the next few minutes you spin a tale of what you’ve been doing over the summer, ignoring Felix’s occasional double entendre as well as his offers of drinks. He’s a good guy and all, but you can’t help feeling a little uneasy around ‘Tom’. He’s been totally silent this whole time, and almost completely still. You try your best to ignore him and focus on making up some convincing stories that don’t involve magic or digging up animal remains, at least for the time being. Felix seems to buy it, at least in his currently suggestible mood, and eventually turns the subject back to his grand plans for the future.

You keep glancing back at Tom, who still has yet to say a word despite ostensibly being in a conversation with you two for some time. After Felix begins to detail his ‘unique’ method of vaping hash oil, Tom stands up, exchanges a complicated series of hi-fives and fist-bumps with Felix, and starts to leave the room. On the way, he taps a girl’s shoulder and leans down presumably to whisper in her ear. She nods and follows him out. You feel a shiver go down your back. It’s probably just paranoia after spending so long dealing with things the fae this morning, but something about that guy doesn’t feel right.

>Ignore it. It’s just paranoia and if you get caught stalking him, you’re not likely to get invited back.
>Ask Felix about Tom and the girl who went with him.
>Apologise to Felix and follow Tom.
>>
>>1033767
>>Apologise to Felix and follow Tom.
That can't be good.
>>
>>1033767
Im sure its nothing important.
she went willingly after all, not like he roofied her or anything.
>>
>>1033767
>>
>>1033767
>>Ask Felix about Tom and the girl who went with him.
Why do I have the feeling we have stumbled upon another magician?

Maybe a wannabe Necro or a Botanomancer or a Wright who is Frankensteining people.
>>
>>1033767
>Did anyone grab drinks?
>We got the bong in here with no alcohol
>How does that even happen
>I got this
>Felix, Ken, you want anything?
>Walk to the kitchen to fetch the beer
>Use the opportunity to ask Cat to tail Tom
>Return to Felix bearing the three wise men's gifts of Keystone, Icehouse, and Coors
>>
>>1035333
>keystone
Look I know we talk about some bad shit on the discord, but some things are just going too far.
>>
Running in 40 minutes!
>>
“Hey, uh, Felix, what do you know about Tom?” You ask abruptly. You know it might come off as rude, but you can’t muster up the energy to care. Felix seems too far gone to be bothered though, and answers easily enough.

“Oh, uh, I dunno. Just met him like a week ago, he’s chill though.”
Alarm bells are starting to ring in your head, but you force yourself to stay calm.

“How about that girl he left with? With the blue hair?”

“Uh, that was, um, Alyssa I think.” He frowns, running a hand over his scraggly facial hair, too short to be called a beard. “Didn’t know they knew each other, but like I said he’s chill.”
That’s a red flag if you’ve ever heard one. You have no idea if there’s such a thing as a vampire, or if he’s just some sleazy guy who likes taking advantage of stoned girls, but whatever he has in mind with Alyssa you doubt it’s good. Time to get involved.

“Oh cool, thanks, I was just curious. Anyway, Felix, do any of you have drinks? What, nothing? Seriously? Lemme go grab you guys something from the fridge.”
Without waiting for an answer, you stand up and make for the door, hoping Tom and Alyssa haven’t gotten too far off yet. Cat looks at you curiously, but follows behind as you head for the kitchen. You catch a glimpse of Tom’s sweatshirt going out the sliding door that leads outside, the girl you assume to be Alyssa stumbling along beside him. You want to follow, but force yourself to hang back, staying in the hallway area between the bedroom and kitchen.

It’s no less crowded out here, but it’s loud enough that you don’t think anyone would notice you talking to ‘yourself’.

“You notice anything about that guy that went out with the bluehaired girl?”
The feline spirit shakes his head.

“My apologies my lady, I wasn’t watching him.”
You curse to yourself, chewing on your lower lip. You could just have Cat go and watch them, and report back to you in case anything goes wrong. That’s definitely the safe option—but if something happens when they’re hidden away outside and you’re in the bedroom, you might not be able to get to them in time. If you follow behind them, you might be seen or heard, but you’ll be right there in case something goes wrong quickly. You could stay middle of the road as well, follow behind at a greater distance with Cat surveillance. You try to decide if you should

>Just grab some drinks and go back into the bedroom, and have Cat tell you if something goes up
>Follow behind, but stay a good ways back and have Cat watching
>Follow behind, get as close as you think you can so Tom doesn’t get a chance to hurt Alyssa
>>
>>1036703
>>Just grab some drinks and go back into the bedroom, and have Cat tell you if something goes up
>>
>>1036724
Writing.
>>
You figure the best thing to do for now is have Cat watch the two of them and report back in case of trouble. It’s not like you have any actual evidence the guy is up to no good, just a strong feeling and some paranoia. So you give Cat his orders and he flies off, presumably to tail the two of them. You hope that whatever unsummoned him before doesn’t choose this particular moment to do it again.

You head into the kitchen and, after declining an offer of the truly horrifying concoction they’ve managed to create with nothing but a blender and the contents of the fridge, grab a couple of beers and a quarter-full bottle of vodka with Ken’s name scrawled on the label in sharpie. A few glasses later and you return to the bedroom, staying tense as you wait for Cat’s call any second now.

“Hey, I return bearing drinks.” You call into the darkened room, your eyes adjusting slowly. You walk carefully, not wanting to step on a sleeping beanbag inhabitant by mistake. You eventually make it back to your previous seat near Felix, and hold up a beer, cracking it open. It’s some shitty local light beer, but you’re not drinking it for the taste. You down it and lob the can towards the trash, not bothering to see if it falls in. Felix looks remarkably enthused, as does Ken, though his girlfriend seems to have left.

“Hey, Liz, wanna do some shots?” Ken asks, flashing you a grin. You glance at the bottle of vodka. You’re not sure about what kind of tolerance the other two have, but that quantity should be more than enough to get you properly drunk. That’s kind of the reason you came, and the pleasant warmth of the first beer makes getting shitfaced sound like an awfully good idea…

So you
>Take a couple of shots. Just enough to get a little drunk and enjoy yourself, but not enough to be incapable should something happen.
>Slam ‘em back. You came her to get drunk, and you’re going to get drunk, dammit! Besides, Alyssa will be fine without you.
>Stick to beer. Best to keep your head about you in an unfamiliar place surrounded by unfamiliar people and possibly something sinister.
>>
>>1036857
>Slam ‘em back. You came her to get drunk, and you’re going to get drunk, dammit! Besides, Alyssa will be fine without you
>>
>>1036857
>Stick to beer. Best to keep your head about you in an unfamiliar place surrounded by unfamiliar people and possibly something sinister.
>>
>>1036857
>shots
>>
>>1036916
Couple of them or lots?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>1036903
>>1036907
>>1036916
Rolling 1d3
1 is get drunk
2 is stick to beer
3 is a couple of shots
>>
“Just a few.” You reply, returning his smile. “Gotta keep on guard around you lot, after all.”
Ken pours out approximately shot-sized amounts of vodka into each of your classes and you swallow it down. It’s exactly the type of vodka you’d expect at a graduating senior class party, and the oily aftertaste makes you grimace. Still, it’s what you’ve got, so you chase it with a swig from your second beer, which is marginally less unpleasant.

You get to talking about the senior prank that a few friends pulled back in March, which involved an implausible number of Christmas trees and some fast-setting epoxy, and after a few minutes all take another shot. This one goes down noticeably easier than the first, and you begin to loosen up a bit. You decide to limit yourself to one more drink—you’re a girl after all, and not the biggest one in the room by a long shot, so you’ve gotta go easy on your liver.

You’re having a good time, relaxing and chatting away with the help of mankind’s favourite social lubricant. Felix starts teasing Ken about his girlfriend going off in a huff, something about him not taking her college plans seriously enough. After the usual teasing, Ken glances over to you and gets a look, the kind of look that usually means trouble.

“So, Liz, you looking to have some fun with somebody over the summer, before you ship off to college and we never see each other again?” he laughs a little at the last part. “What’s your criteria?”

>Nah, not really on the market right now. Other stuff’s more important.
>Well, I guess if somebody came along…
>Yeah, I suppose I’m keeping an eye out for the right person.
>write-in
>>
>>1037037
>>
>>1037037
"He would have to be able to look at me... And not give me the creeps"
DENIED
>>
>>1037087
We are at a party and getting drove from and to home because of him you ass
>>
>>1037096
So that means he can make a question like that just because he is our driver?

Whatever

Changing for
>>
>>1037111
>>1037087
Writing.
>>
>>1037150
huh, thought you were gonna roll
>>
>>1037208
Both of you seemed to be going for a negative answer, so I figured they could be combined safely.

>>1037150
You start to answer, then notice Ken making some not-so-subtle glances towards Felix, who’s studiously ignoring the conversation for the time being. God dammit. Best to let the bloody idiot down now, while you’re still mostly in control of your tongue.

“Nah, I’m not really looking for anything like that.” You try to be gentle about it, but you swear you can see Felix wince. “Other stuff is more important, so I don’t have time for a relationship. That said, as far as criteria...really anybody who doesn’t give me the creeps when they look at me, haha!”
It’s a shame, as Felix is a nice guy and all, but you really don’t need more time-sucking activities in your life right now. Between the Fae, your own ‘work’ and all the other magic or mundane intrigue going around, you hardly seem to have time to catch a breath.

“Ah, I see.” Ken says, sucking a breath in through his teeth. “So...you guys wanna play truth or dare or something?”
Feeling awkward and not wanting to dwell on Felix’s proxy-rejection for any longer than necessary, you jump at the suggestion. Normally it’s not something you’d go for, but it’s better than staring at the carpet for two hours after you run out of decent things to talk about. A few of the other people, most of them familiar by face but not by name, form a circle with you, Ken and Felix.

“Alright Liz, you seemed up for it, so let’s start with you.” Ken suggests “Truth or Dare?”

“Oh, uh, alright. I choose...”

>Truth. At least that way, nothing too difficult or dangerous can come of it.
>Dare. You might have to do something stupid, but it’s not likely to be as memorable or embarrassing as whatever they ask you to tell.
>Try to pass it off or skip your turn.
>>
>>1037235
>Truth. At least that way, nothing too difficult or dangerous can come of it.

Might be a good chance to grind our lying stat
>>
>>1037235
>>Dare. You might have to do something stupid, but it’s not likely to be as memorable or embarrassing as whatever they ask you to tell.
Who cares, drunk fun.

>Both of you seemed to be going for a negative answer
The votes were between
and
>>
>>1037277
My apologies, I misread purple-ID changing his answer as you changing your answer.
>>
>>1037282
No big deal, we'll probably meet nicer and better boys later.
>>
>>1037291
That's the spirit
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1037254
>>1037277
Rolling
1 is truth
2 is dare
>>
“I choose a dare!” You flash a daring grin and take another swig of the subpar beer, stifling a burp. “Hit me with something good.”
Ken and the boy to his right, Ben you think, huddle up for a few moments, whispering back and forth. Finally, they straighten up and probably-Ben speaks.

“Greg left that nasty-ass drink he made out in the kitchen, right? Go out, bring it back here, and take a shot.”
Your stomach turns almost at once. From what you saw, it contains at least three different energy drinks and two cans of beer. You’re glad they didn’t suggest you chug the whole thing, but the idea of drinking any of it is frankly repulsive.

You might be able to wiggle out of it somehow if you asked for a “better” dare, but you seriously doubt that’d get you any results unless you offered to do something truly outrageous instead.
“No trying to negotiate, Liz!” interjects Ken, as though he’d already noticed what you’re thinking. “If you want to shoot it down, you have to come up with something even worse, and we’ll be the judges of that.”

Dinner wasn’t that long ago, and while you were thankful not to be drinking on an empty stomach, if you end up puking you really wouldn’t want to barf up a big meal like that. Odds are, it won’t be nearly as good coming back up.

You clamber to your feet, trying to get a little more time to think. Should you accept the dare and go to the kitchen, or try to convince the other players that a different dare is the way to go?

>Go to the kitchen.
>Suggest a different dare (specify)
>other
>>
>>1037358
>Go to the kitchen
Is it just energy drinks and beer? then what's the problem?
>>
>>1037358
>>Go to the kitchen.
Don't be a pussy, liz
>>
>>1037380
That was all you saw them include, but you're pretty sure tumeric, pieces of spinach, and maybe a can of tuna were thrown in as well, judging by the smell and debris in the kitchen. It's nasty, though not dangerous, is all I'm saying.
>>
>>1036903
Dear God son, a waifish maiden like Lizzie getting black out drunk at a party right next to some drugdealers one of whom wants her skinny pale booty. This is how daterapes happen.

Now I know why so many girls make bad decisions at parties, chucklefucks like us are controlling them!
>>
File: fucking near.jpg (184KB, 532x508px) Image search: [Google]
fucking near.jpg
184KB, 532x508px
>>1037391
She don't look like no maiden to me anon.
>>
>>1037389
Oh God no,
>Go to the Kitchen

I don't think Liz could suggest much else without it involving some nudity like these horndogs probably want.

Don't think Liz is the type of girl to flash a dude or give Felix a free handy.

Hmm.... would probably destroy our social life if we said we would let Felix have a look under our hood.

Hmmm, but what if there is a roofy or some other drug in that coctail though guys.

We might have to seriously consider this.
>>
>>1037414
>>1037388
>>1037380
Writing.
>>
>>1037402
I.. I don't think Liz has THAT many sextoys...Maybe I am wrong though. Probably has a whip though.
>>
>>1037431
That's for her Indiana Jones costume, honest to god!

>>1037422
You give a nod of mock determination and walk out of the room, carefully negotiating the personal belongings and bits of trash strewn around the room. You successfully make it out without hearing the telltale crunch of something being crushed under your shoe, and so consider it a success. The party’s still in full swing, and you ignore the usual couple making out in one of the chairs in the dining room.

In the kitchen, you find the fabled drink, and take a whiff, holding up the blender container to your nose. You almost gag right away, the combined smell of flavours and liquids that should not be mixed overwhelming you. You’re starting to regret picking dare, but there’s nothing to be done for it now.

You turn back towards the kitchen’s exit...only for Cat to come streaking in through the wall, coming to a stop in front of you.

“News, my lady. The one called Tom let the bluehaired girl into the woods, away from the bonfire. She seemed willing at first, but gradually slowed. He bent over her, and she screamed. She stopped almost at once, but another boy came, and began to fight Tom. I did not wait to see the outcome.”
God dammit! You’re just not allowed to have an easy day, are you? None of that screams “magic user”, but some of it’s a bit too close for comfort. You have no idea what Tom was doing when Alyss screamed, or why he led her into the woods. It could be as simple as a makeout session that she wasn’t feeling, or it could be that Tom’s trying to suck a girl’s blood to prolong his malevolent reign.

If the latter, you should really go lend whatever hand you can, but if the former, it’d be more than a little embarrassing to try explaining that to the ring of people back in the bedroom. After your hesitation about the dare, they’d probably assume you’d flaked off or something.

You try to think for a moment, arm starting to burn from the effort of holding the heavy pitcher of unknown drink upright. You set it down on the counter, mind whirring.

So what do you do?
>Go help the girl. Her safety takes priority, and Tom seems like a goddamned weird character. You can’t let a normal high schooler deal with that on their own.
>Go back into the bedroom. Cat can keep an eye on her and let you know if it gets really serious, in which case you’ll start to care.
>write-in
>>
>>1037500
>Go help the girl

Tom does seem weird, just met a week ago, around our age appearance, girls started dissappearing this week.

And he is fighting some dude after Alyss stopped screaming.seems creepy and we could just check it out with cat while we stay nearby and hidden. If Tom senses us, obvious he isn't a normal guy. So long as we do this WITH CAT LIKE TREAD!
>>
>>1037500
>>Chug it and tell them you'll be back. Go investigate.
>>
>>1037500
Take a glass of the stuff in case we have to defend ourselves
Phone the police and say you saw some guys taking an unwilling drunk girl into the forest. Anonymously, of course. We can get involved when we are out of the party.
Then go see what we can do
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>1037536
>>1037530
>>1037526
Rolling.
First one suggested is 1 and so on.
>>
>>1037573
Ohno, we are about to have the roofies kick in when we go after a vampire...
>>
>>1037573
Roll 1d20 for stomach strength, best of three, crits take precedence.
>>
>>1037573
Damn
>>
>>1037586
Gosh anon, wheres the trust?
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>1037606
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1037606
COME MEN WHO DRINK THE SEAAAA

>>1037608
Not here, dood
we don't exactly have a great Constitution stat
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>1037606
WITH CAT LIKE TREAD!
>>
>>1037616
aww jeez.
Don't have to worry about roofies at least.
>>
>>1037616
Oh lord.
Writing.
>>
I'm going to need a shower after this
You need to save the girl. You also need to complete the dare. The solution seems simple. You take the blender container off the counter and walk briskly towards the bedroom. You throw open the door, walk into the middle of the circle, and with the awed eyes of every person in the room watching you, proceed to chug it.

The texture is godawful, the flavour even worse, but you manage to get it down, choking down each unidentified lump and horrifying pocket of liquid who-knows-what. It goes on and on, your throat muscles working with gravity as you slowly tip the container full of the disgusting cocktail up, pouring the last bits into your mouth. A drop escapes and runs down your cheek, and you wipe it off with the back of your hand. You choke down the last gulp and take a great heaving breath. You look down at Ben and Ken with the look of a marathoner who’s collapsed past the finish line. It cost you something you may never get back, but you did it. There isn’t a single closed mouth in the room, all present positively awestruck by your achievement. You nod vigourously; you’ve done what needed to be done, now, time to go look after that--

Just as you turn, you feel it coming up. Not like normal vomit, that begins with a burp or a cough and flows from there. This is a pure stream of puke, nearly liquid, as your body utterly rejects whatever monstrosity you’ve seen fit to put into it. You try to hold it back, to stop it, but there’s simply no chance. A mix of half-digested dinner and partially-blended horror sprays forth. The lucky ones get it on their stomach, or their shoes. The unlucky ones get a faceful of the disgusting goop you just choked down, plus a healthy dose of stomach acid. Your momentum carries the spray around, hitting more than half of the circle. Incidentally, this happens to be the section where both Felix and Ken are seated, and both receive their fair share of the ejecta.

You try to shout something, to apologize, but all that comes out is another furious torrent of foul-smelling vomit. In a desperate attempt to salvage something from this, you dart across the hall, hands clamped over your mouth, and make for the bathroom. The toilet is no good, and another round is already on its way up, so you settle for the bathtub. The liquid portion flows away easily enough, but the more solid remnants of your stomach stick around, coated in an acrid mucus that you pray to God you can one day forget.

You empty your stomach, until you’re not bringing up anything but bile and shame, still dry-heaving over the tub, bits of food and beer spilled on your nice shirt and in your hair. Cat arrives part way through this process and waits patiently for you to finish before informing you that the boy beat up Tom quite decidedly, and left with the bluehaired girl. Neither of them seemed to use magic during the fight. Tom apparently left shortly after.

cont.
>>
>>1037730

You take a few minutes to wash your mouth out, and catch your breath. No one comes into the bathroom to check on you. You stagger to your feet and survey the bedraggled, vomit-stained girl in the mirror. This night could really have gone better. You think it’s time to go home. The only question is, do you try to beg a ride from the boy you vomited on less than a quarter of an hour ago, or do you suck it up and call for a ride from your parents, knowing the lecture that will ensue?

>Try to get a ride from Ken
>Call your parents and ask for a ride
>Other
>>
>>1037736
>Other
>Try to clean ourselves up, cry in the bathroom quietly until a better option presents itself or we get the courage to call the parents.
>>
>>1037736
>WALK OF SHAME!
Let's use cat as a sentry to avoid creeps
>>
>>1037751
Or see if we have the money for a cab
That plays Death Cab for Cutie, so we can vomit some more
>>
>>1037736
>Walk home
Or call parents.

goddamn that was hilarious.
>>
>>1037770
No walking home, the kidnapper/murder of teenage girls is still out there, and Liz is slightly intoxicated and vulnerable looking. She hasn't even gotten a damn gun yet and Cat might not be able to kick enough ass to save us.

I dont want to see Liz becoming some freaks personal torture porno star.
>>
>>1037780
>some freaks personal torture porno star.
Then why are you reading this quest? this is so far how her life has gone, but with less sex At least in the threads
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

Rolling
>>1037770
Walk home (3)
>>1037761
Get a cab (2)
>>1037750
Clean ourselves up and wait (1)
>>
>>1037803
Ahh crud, we gonna get found by a creeper and get our bootyhole touched.

Tie those laces up tight Lizzie!
>>
Roll 2d20, best of three, crits take precedence.
>>
Rolled 5, 14 = 19 (2d20)

>>1037810
WITH CATLIKE TREAD
WE WANDER TO OUR DOOM
WAKE UP IN A BED
IN A STRANGERS ROOM!
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>1037810
Tighten those laces
>>
>>1037813
2d20 man, so roll another d20
>>
Rolled 17, 16 = 33 (2d20)

>>1037813
Shit, was it a 2d20?
>>
>>1037817
Writing, last post of the night.
>>
You take a deep breath, and sit back on the toilet. You can’t very well just sit here and cry for the rest of the night, and the thought of dealing with your parents telling you how important it is to ‘value your body’ is a nightmare. Talking to Ken is hardly any better, after you emptied your stomach all over the poor bastard. Best to do this by yourself.

So you send Cat out into the hall to make sure everything’s clear, and after you get the go-ahead, slip out of the house. By some astonishing luck you don’t have to make eye-contact with a single person, and make it to the sidewalk without being noticed by anyone with a BAC under the legal limit. So you start walking, glad you decided this was the night to wear converse and not those nice heels you just bought.

You walk along, Cat floating beside you and occasionally sinking down to ‘walk’ along the sidewalk next to you. You’re not sure if it’s his presence or just pure luck, but you don’t get bothered during the painfully long walk back home. It gets a little chillier than you would have thought it could during the summer, but it’s not too bad, and you remind yourself that you’ve really only got yourself to blame. So you trudge along, hands in the pockets of your too-light olive-green jacket, until you find yourself in familiar territory. From there it’s just a matter of hopping up into your window, vaulting through, and waiting in your room until everyone’s gone to sleep so you can take a shower to wash the smell of vomit and some truly dank weed off yourself.

In the shower, you wonder how badly you’ve fucked up. You always knew your social life was shit, that hasn’t changed too much, but what about Alyss and Tom? Was it just a matter of some mundane sleezebag getting his shit kicked in after he pushed some unlucky girl too far? Or was it something more dangerous than that, something you didn’t even get to investigate because you were too busy puking your guts out over the only two people who even knew your name at that party. Fuck.

You fall asleep bleary-eyed, your mouth minty-fresh after half a tube of toothpaste and what felt like a full gallon of mouthwash. Still, you think, eyes slowly closing on your darkened room, it could have been worse.
>>
>>1037855
Thanks for running skelly!
>>
File: 984.png (313KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
984.png
313KB, 640x360px
WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST READ
>>
>>1038038
The Dice Gods were drunk and favored the brown guy
>>
Huh, should have tried to hit it off with new people.

>>1038628
I know, it was fucking great.
Don't tell me you didn't laugh during that projectile vomit spray.
>>
>>1039174
I will not deny that I laughed, but it does make me worry for our prospective friends. If we encounter Felix again and he doesn't hold our Exorcist impression against us, we should tell him that the reason we rejected him by proxy is because he put the request out by proxy. I have two much bigger concerns that that over last night, though:

One: We didn't attempt to investigate Tom at all. Alyssa could very well be INFINITELY lucky that our lack of action didn't result in her death at the hands of a creature of myth.

And two: We walked home alone without having Cat scout for us. There's a murderer on the loose, and we're very similar to his victims thus far; while walking home would have been an acceptable option given that we have Cat to scout the area and tell us if anyone is coming toward us, we didn't ask him to help at all. We could have gotten badly fucked over by that decision.
>>
>>1039620
That would certainly be a nice thing to do for tony.

She could also be lucky that she landed herself a cute guy that saved her. ... that we could have had if we went there.

Meh, i guess we need to take more precautions next time. Perhaps try to bait ourselves to catch the ass and get a police reward or to kill and use him for necromancy.
>>
>>1040408
Who's Tony?
>>
>>1047222
Montana
>>
>>1047222
I meant felix, not sure why i typed tony
>>
Will be running tonight, 7:30pm EST as usual. See you then!
>>
Test
>>
New Thread Up!
>>1058369
>>1058369
>>1058369
Come join in!
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.