[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Modern Fantasy quest : before the beginning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: 1454331570838.jpg (57KB, 400x540px) Image search: [Google]
1454331570838.jpg
57KB, 400x540px
“Hey kid, so, what you wannna do for your future?
You never liked to be called “kid”, even if you’re still 12, but he’s got a point. Where should you go? Should you go for one of the 5 major Academies? Or should you learn more earthly skills? Tough choice for someone your age :

>Academy of Arkham : This school teaches you how to use your Cosmic double to summon parts of a Lovecraftian horror bound to you, by using key words. These parts ranges from the regular tentacles to more… strange bits, as in embryos, eyes or even a beak. This Academy will help you develop a certain sense of art, dread or amazement from your dreams.

>Academy of Pythagore: This school teaches you how to use the very first manmade magic, by using geometrical pattern. By mathematical and logical thinking, you can virtually alter physics, molecule and chemistry. Be careful thought, you’ll need to draw your spells beforehand, and to think about precises aspect of it: you don’t want to steal all of your body heat to generate an ice spike, and you must know that quantifying one’s own magic is an aspect quite… difficult to add to these kind of spells.

>Academy of Miracles: This school teaches you how to use your faith to channel miracles, benediction or smite by your prayers. It is composed mostly by the actual major religion of this era, your faith must be true to gain access to this magic.

>Academy of Pagans: This school, or rather, this conglomerate of teachers and shamans, teach you how to link yourself to a particular spirit, ranging from an elemental to a spirit animal, or even a demon. This link will last long after your death.

>Academy of Salem: This school teaches you how to use the power of Sacrifice to summon certain spirit to make contracts. These contracts are paid with sacrifices, in blood, dreams, or anything of value to the summoned spirit.

>Be a non-magic user. Who needs magic? Great people were not always users of magic.

[For this quest, the first three rolls of d20 will be used.]
>>
>>1015734
>Academy of Miracles: This school teaches you how to use your faith to channel miracles, benediction or smite by your prayers. It is composed mostly by the actual major religion of this era, your faith must be true to gain access to this magic.
>>
>>1015734
>Academy of Pythagore: This school teaches you how to use the very first manmade magic, by using geometrical pattern. By mathematical and logical thinking, you can virtually alter physics, molecule and chemistry. Be careful thought, you’ll need to draw your spells beforehand, and to think about precises aspect of it: you don’t want to steal all of your body heat to generate an ice spike, and you must know that quantifying one’s own magic is an aspect quite… difficult to add to these kind of spells.
>>
>>1015769
>>1015782

Waiting 10 more minutes before doing a tiebreaker vote.

[This is the first quest I run in english, so I apologize in advance for punctuation mistakes, or any type of mistakes.]
>>
>>1015734
>Academy of Pagans: This school, or rather, this conglomerate of teachers and shamans, teach you how to link yourself to a particular spirit, ranging from an elemental to a spirit animal, or even a demon. This link will last long after your death.
>>
>>
>>
>>1015801
I'll just switch to >Academy of Pagans
>>
>>1015734
>No love for Arkham
No Cthulhu? Fine.
I'll go with Pythagore since it's the most original imo
>>
>>1015734
>Be a non-magic user. Who needs magic? Great people were not always users of magic.
Wonder what happens in this case?
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>1015769
>>1015782
>>1015805
>>1015869
>>1015924
>>1015903
>>1015937

Sorry, I had to absent myself.

Tie between Pagan and Pythagore.

I'll roll to decide which one :

Even: Pythagore
Odds: Pagan
>>
>>1015950

It would be the "suprise box" of sort. Governement issued formation for the gestion of Magical users.

>>1015952
Pagan it is.
Writin'!
>>
>>1015734
As you exhale, the exhaustion of your spiritual meditation hits you directly. Even if it has been 3 years of theorical knowledge and practice, you still feel tired as you exit the spiritual realm, in search of your spiritual bounding.
You stand up, stretching your legs and yawn, while your teacher, Alasie, opens the curtains. Your eyes hurts as the light hit your retina, and you’re a surrounded by other students: Leica, Clement and Valerie, all by the same age as yours, but with different set of goals.
Leica wants to bound with a more druidic spirit, to improve crops production in certain countries, while Clement is more of a “let see what comes forth to me”, waiting for any spirit to bound to him after a certain amount of discussion. And for Valerie, she is there to bound with her family totem, a beaver.

Alasie comes to you, with concern in her voice while handing you the paper defining your goal for your spiritual bounding:
“Hey, I know it’s a hard paper to fill in, but the government needs this, for the O.M.R, I need to you fill it so we can approve your bounding at the end of the year.

The O.M.R, or Organism of Magical Regulation is the database of all magic user of the State soil, in case one would use his magic to malevolent usage.

>You can fill this paper or go of grid.

If you choose to fill the paper :
>Your Name
>Your sex
>Birth place
>Type of bounded spirit

The rest of the paper is akin to a contract, acknowledging you that you’ll be in a state wide database.
>>
>>1015982
>Your Name
Rodney Grove
>Your sex
Male
>Birth place
New Orleans, Louisiana
>Type of bounded spirit
Toad
>>
>>1016093
I'm fine with everything but the bonded spirit.
I'd rather a demon or an air/earth elemental.
>>
>>1015982
>Your Name
Xavier Foster
>Your sex
Male
>Birth place
New Orleans, Louisiana
>Type of bounded spirit
griffin
>>
>>1016093
>>1016124
>>1016143

Main character is a male, from New Orlean.

I'll wait another 10 minutes for tie breaking, between Toad, Griffin an a demon/elemental (need to specify one).
>>
>>1016186
Elemental if I have to specify.
Air to be even more so
>>
File: Toads.jpg (207KB, 1478x421px) Image search: [Google]
Toads.jpg
207KB, 1478x421px
>>1016124
How about an elemental toad like theses?
>>
>>1016186
And a air elemental griffin ? :)
>>
Rolled 4 (1d6)

>>1016230
>>1016242
>>1016260

We have elemental Toad (Darkness, Earth or Ice), Air Elemental or Air elemental Griffin.

Rolling for tie breaker.

1-2 : Elemental toad (specify between infernal, earth or ice)
3-4 : Air Elemental
5-6 Air Elemental Griffin
>>
>>1016311
Name:
Rodney Grove
Sex :
Male
Birth Place :
New Orlean, Louisiana
Bounded spirit :
An air elemental.

You read a second time the paper, but it seems that you didn’t forget anything this time. Alasie was kind enough to give you a second blank copy of it, in case you made any mistakes.

You settled yourself on a spirit of Air. When you were little, you found that winds were the embodiment of freedom alongside curiosity. Now, these sounds more than true to your ears.
After handing in the paper, you went directly to the cafeteria, to input some energy in your bloodstream.

The cafeteria can be considered the artery of this school, where all students would come in at the same time, to discuss and share experience, memories or dreams, without any distinction between their age and their experience. You find Leica and Valerie seated, quite in the argument, which you can only ear a few drops:
“… Can’t grow any… soil…
-…dams… and sediments…
Quickly, Clement get behind you and pat you:
-So, you finally decide to choose a type of spirit? He chuckles and add while pointing to the two arguing girls, I hope it won’t create any more friction between these two!
You also let a chuckle out, before sitting next to the duo. They raised their voices, before stopping to great you both.
Leica, immediately ask you:
“Rod’, we need to know: between the fight against world hunger or the destruction of forest alongside creating erosion, which do you choose?
“Oh, you mean creating mono culture in countries where it would consume all the nutrient present in soil or using renewable material?
You look at Clement. He’s actually raising his hands in a defensive manner, before digging into his plate:
“Don’t look at me dude, they asked you, not me.

>Take Leica’s side
>Take Valeri’s side
>Stay silent and eat.
>Ask them to stop, and choose a subject: Art, Elder students, When school is over.
>Write in.
>>
>>1016442
>Ask them to stop, talk Art, and why man and nature both create masterpieces.
"We can't solve world hunger and how to protect the evioment with one answer."
>>
>>1016442
>Ask them to stop, and choose a subject: Art, Elder students, When school is over.
>>
>>1016442
Using monoculture planting in an attempt to end world hunger, although it might seem temptating, is just a shortcut to solve a big problem that needs a much more elaborate answer, taking such step would only be like if we were just trying to solve it on the easy way instead of using a smart sense of curiosity to solve it on a less degrading way
>>
>>1016494
>>1016500
>>1016523

“Using monoculture planting in an attempt to end world hunger, although it might seem temptating, is just a shortcut to solve a big problem that needs a much more elaborate answer, taking such step would only be like if we were just trying to solve it on the easy way instead of using a smart sense of curiosity to solve it on a less degrading way”

“Actually… You begin while stabbing a piece of chicken with your fork, you need to stop arguing and to see the grand picture of all: There is, and never was a singular answer to every single problem on the planet. And we need to focus more on the side effects and benefits of all solutions.
You pick a single carrot, and shovel some beans before pointing to Leica.
“Look at all the diversity for the different crops on Earth. You could be focused on the big numbers in term of production in monoculture, or look into the diversification of them to protect the soils.
Valerie puffs with a light smile on her face:
-See, this dude got it all, and wood exploit-
You cut her:
-And wood exploitation needs to be thought too. Where’s the exploitation, which essence of wood you wanna use and for what. We must think ourselves as a part of nature itself, in an evolutive way, not fixed. Mankind has achieve great things as…
-Atomic bomb and the birth of Circulars! Crusades, environment degradation for profit, and of course, Internet. Just to cite the best ones.
Leica, Valerie and you turn into the direction of Clement, who spat some beans.
“Hey, I’m just citing a few, we did amazing things: curing ailments, walking on the Moon, sonatas!
You all approve, before you ask what each is going to do when school is over:
“Sleep all-day, read, and mostly meditate. I still have conversation to do with some spirits! Respond joyfully Clement.
-Help at the store and sports. I need to maintain those muscle o’ mine!
-You mean, you have muscles? Pokes Leica to Valerie.
-Go eat yourself, at least I have plans!
She turns to you:
“Hey, and you Rod’, are you going to your Grandfather place? If yes, can you bring me some petrified palm wood? I’m a sucker for these!
You respond with a nod, before starting to observe that an Elder student is actually eye balling you. He’s slim, having more trait in common with a stick than a human body, and his tanned skin don’t let you know if it’s tanned from the sun or from his descendant. He nods, before taking part in a conversation with some friends of his.

You think of your grandpa, and how you badly need to see him. He has lost a dear friend of his, and he seemed confused when you had him on the phone yesterday.

While in your thought, you finished your plate, and began to plan your next course of action:

>Go see Alasie
>Go study to the library
>Go back to your room, you want to call your grandpa
>Learn more about this Elder Student
>Write in

[Sorry If I'm taking too much time to write.]
>>
>>1016665
>from his parents

No, genetics works in this world as in our world.
>>
>>1016665
>>
>>1016665
>>
>>1016695
>>1016775

You decide to call your grandfather, to know how he’s doing, worried about all of this.
Richard Grove was an electric engineer for American Electric Power after his tour in Vietnam, where he bonded with his squad mates. Recently, he has lost Charles Smith Junior, his squad leader, who had lost his left arm to the conflict. Richard would tell the stories of camaraderie in this time. They never failed to entertain you, but he never spoke about his actual doing at the time.

You hear a click.
“Hello? Rodney?
You smile a little, Richard didn’t lost his voice.
-Yeah, Grandpa, how are you?
-Did you receive my mail?
-Hum… you sent mail?
-Yes! A small package, did you receive it? It’s of the utmost importance!
You hear a female voice in the phone, a younger one.
-Mister Grove? You actually sent the package? Are you out of your mind?
Richard respond in an annoyed manner:
-Let go, Marina, I don’t need you to scout on what I send to my grandson!
-Richard! You sent your old canteen for Christ sake! Last time you checked, there was your knife, and God’s know what else!
They argue for several minutes, before Richard says goodbye and hangs up.
You stand still for a moment. He sent to you. His canteen. The only box which you were not allowed to touch without his presence. You remember that there were some pictures, his helmet, his knife, and mostly old files. Then you let a short laugh, thinking about Marina’s face when she heard Richard. Marina was a sort of helper for your grandfather since your grandmother died several years ago. She’s actually paid by some obscure benefits from American Electric Power, as you seemed to recall, and she never failed to help Richard, even if he was stubborn when doing the different chores in his old New Orleans’s house.

A knock on your door roots you out, and you answer. It’s Leica, she seems embarrassed:
“Is everything alright? Valerie told me for the loss of your Grandfather and I… she stumbles on her words, wanted you to know if you need anything.
You raise an eyebrow, which makes her stumble even more on her words:
“We-well for the mail, you don’t need to worry Eh? I think it will arrive soon, safe and sound!
She feigns to look at her phone for the time.
“Oh well, oopsy, It’s kinda late, I’ll be late for… my… reading class! Yeah my reading class!

>”Were you listening to my phone call?”
>”Reading class?”
>”Are you sure, that YOU don’t need anything?
>Write in
>>
>>1016854
>Are you sure, that YOU don’t need anything?
>>
>>1016865
She stops to look at you, being more embarrassed than before.
There a silence for several minutes, before you break the ice.
“You…. Need something, Am I right? What is it? My notes? Money? Pa-
-Expertise, she cuts you.
-About what?
-About a mojo, and you are, in our group, the best concerning mojos.

Mojos are items made by Pagans or users of Sacrificial magic. They can be used for many things, ranging for simple dreamcatcher to most malicious curses or reducing the wear on mechanical parts. They are usually carved and have, sometimes, strange properties

As you enter her room, you can see Clement and Valerie focused on a ball of made of carved pens and rubber bands.
“Yeah, definitively black magic. See how none of those pens broke when I hit them? It defy logic. Says Clement, assured.
-You ass, don’t scare Leica. It must be some kind of prank. And if it’s a mojo, malevolent or benevolent for any reason, we’ll take it to Alasie. Respond an annoyed Valerie.
-So, what do we got? You ask, confident, looking directly at the ball.
-A ball of carv-
All of you are focused on the now rolling ball of pen, gently toward your feet.
-Ok, definitively a mojo. But for what reason? You ask. And mostly, since it responded to me, why is it in your room Leica?
She starts to stumble on her words, again.
-I’ve… just open my door to fetch some books, when I saw this, in the middle of my room, so… I took the logical answer to me: call all of you.
-And not Alasie? Question a confused Clement. Someone deposit a bizarre object in the middle of your room, and you decide to call us?
Leica begins to shy away, but Valerie put an arm on her:
-Hey, I can understand why she called us in the first place. If it was not a mojo, and she called Alasie for nothing while she was in the middle of something important, she would’ve probably been in trouble.
Valerie looks at you, and proceed:
“What’re going to do? She points the ball at your feet. It reacted to your presence, not ours.

>Examine the ball [roll 1d20+1]
>Take the ball to Alasie.
>Take the ball to your room for comparison with your notes on mojos.
>Write in.

[It's late for myself. I'll resume tomorrow, at the same hour as I started the thread, so 1:30 AM. Thanks for playing with me, and I hope that you enjoyed this first quest. If you have critics, or advices, feel free to share them !]
>>
>>1017023
[Sorry, I forgot so much "s" to the end of verbs. I'll try to reread more assiduously.]
>>
Rolled 6 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>1017023
>Examine the ball [roll 1d20+1]
Thank you for running
>>
>>1017023
>Take the ball to your room for comparison with your notes on mojos.
Let's get some mojo lore exposition.
>>
Hello, I'll proceed to run this quest in thirty minutes!
>>
>>1017125
>>1017126

“There’s only one thing to do in order to find out.
You pick up the ball, in a tense atmosphere. Even if you’re considered the “expert” by the others, you can’t shake the bad feeling about it. Will it curses you? Or is it just a prank from some other students? You couldn’t tell without examining more precisely the object. The object fits naturally in the palm of your two hands, and weights a little more than it’s expected to be from only pens and rubber bands. It does not move. You continue your examination of the object, and you focus on the carvings: They are clumsy, and profound, but you are not able to discern the purpose inscribe into them.
You decide to deposit the ball and step back, just to see it rolling back to you, gently.
-At least it didn’t explode in your face, exhale Valerie.
-It only follows me, but who the hell but elder students could craft such mojo?
-I don’t know, but I need to study more those carving, I can’t remember our course on it.
Leica looks up to you:
-Are you sure that you don’t want to tell Alasie about it? What if it does explode?
-Well, Rod’ will have a porcupine as a spirit animal, adds jokingly Clement.
You smile at the idea of having indeed a porcupine as a spirit animal, and you reassure others:
-I’ll be in my room guys, if you need anything stop by.

You carefully deposit the ball on your bed, and you begin to dig in your different notes on mojos.

They are technically 3 ways to craft a mojo, each for 3 different school of magic, but only two has the name of mojo : Pagans, School of Sacrifice and Miracle, which in case would be called a relic and has a certain aura unto it.
Pagan made mojos are really specific to the one crafting it, because it is the spirit bounded to the artisan who infuse magic into it. They’re quite rare to procure, not as because they are difficult to craft, but they are quite personal, and are often offered to relatives.
In the other hand, mojos made with the magic of Sacrifice are a more common sight, since it depends on the making of a contract first: the user propose a contract to a certain spirit to make the mojo, then pays the price fixed by the spirit.
The magic pool of the mojo is determined by several factors, which are primarily the type of spell you want to add to your mojo, its area of effect and how many times you want the spell to be used. Some material are more suitable to create a mojo, but it really depends on the spirit itself.

(Continued)
>>
>>1020277

Mojos are used in three main sectors:
-Health, where they are used to alleviate part of the pain and help cicatrize wounds mostly.
-Civil order, as ward against malevolent magic users, and to help police forces in case of riots, those mojos are made to disrupt magic.
-Industry, in which they help reducing the mechanical wear and the efficiency of cooling systems.
Of course, they are not limited to these purposes.
Where to find a mojo artisan:
Finding an artisan for a specific mojo is not difficult in itself, because users of Sacrificial magic are quite numerous, but not as much as Pythagorians, and a Mojo shop is often distinguished by a wooden carving at the left corner of the shopwindow.
The form itself of the mojo doesn’t seem to interfere with the spell, and sometimes, they are just plain object, as a pendant, a ring, or even dolls.

With these information in mind, you start over your investigation on the Ball of pen. It cannot be a relic at first, and the possibility of it behind from a Sacrificial user is quite slim, so it must be from someone from the school, at least.
You lift the ball and depose it in a lying cardboard box, alongside a note “Take to Alasie”. Then, you swing out your phone to text the others about your hypothesis.

Dinner is coming soon

>Go to the library, maybe you can find more information about seeking balls
>Check on someone [Choose 1 between: Valerie, Leica, Clement, Other]
>Ask Robert, the school warden for mail, or other things.
>Write in.
>>
>>1020279
>Go to the library, maybe you can find more information about seeking balls
>>
>>1020324

[Hey, welcome back!]

Votes will close in 2 minutes, then I'll proceed to write in. If a tie breaker is needed, a die will be rolled. Please consider that, after the die was rolled, the write in has begun!
>>
>>1020324

With your remaining time, you decide to go check the library for more information about spells, and more specifically, spells made for seeking something, objects or humans.
After ascending the flight of wooden stairs, you enters the new library. Well, new is not the exact word you would’ve use to describe it, as it’s more of a patchwork of concrete pillars and wooden beams.
At this time, the library is beginning to be emptied, offering you isolated work desk, but those are not your main goal right now.
You go straight toward the “Mojo crafting” section, in which the true nature of these books are to offer guidance and tutor one into mojo making.

You take a book with a bright color, named “To seek: a guide to mojo’s and seeking spells” and you start reading it.

You learn that seeking mojo’s are quite simple in the theoretical making, but are proven to be challenges when designed to find someone in particular. A mojo moving or with moving part is alongside a major component in these spells, as it allows the spell to flow toward its target.

With your knowledge, and these new informations, coupled with the clumsy carving, you begin to form an idea of who is the person behind it: it may be a newly bounded Pagan wishing to practice harmlessly, but that does not answer why the mojo was in Leica’s room.
You close the book and borrow it. As you began your descent towards the cafeteria, you nearly slip on something.

Something spherical. And pointy.
The ball is right there, at your feet.

Looking left and right, without anyone in sight, you begin to wonder.

>Take the ball with you, and go to the cafeteria. You begin to be hungry
>Take the ball, and depose it in the cardboard box.
>Don’t take the ball and go eat.
>Go see Alasie with the ball.
>Write in
>>
>>1020442
>Take the ball with you, and go to the cafeteria. You begin to be hungry
>>
>>1020486

With the ball in one hand and the book in the other, you seat yourself into an empty table in an acrobatic act to avoid falling with your food. Your friends seems to be late, so you send them a single text to let them know that, no, you are not a porcupine yet and that you’ll begin to eat with or without them.

You open the book, and continue your reading about seeking spells.
>Rodney gains a +1 to knowledge (mojo) and craft (mojo).

Several minutes pass, and you’ve already begun to dig into your plate when you are interrupted by who seems to be a smaller boy than you, with brown haired, and a high pitched voice
“Hey… are these seats taken ?
He must’ve understood by your frowning, as he add:
“Yeah, they are. Mind if I sit?
You nod, and as he is sitting, you remark that he’s looking at you, and the ball. He coughs.
“So… it found you.
-Yep.
-I know, it’s kinda creepy… but this a mojo I crafted to practice… I carved a seeking spe- well you know what type of spell is carved I think- to seek, people…?
On these last words, he insists into directly looking at you.
“Mostly for fun, nothing weird or anything… Just to break the ice with people… I think…

You can hear the voice of Clement several meters behind you.

What do you do?

>Stay silent, and stare back, waiting for Clement.
>Ask more about it [friendly]
>Ask more about it [neutral]
>Write in.
>>
>>1020597
>Ask more about it [friendly]
>>
>>1020631

Using a mojo for as an icebreaker is frankly, quite odd. You smile at the idea.
-You made this mojo only to meet new people?
-Yeah, actually, I’ve got difficulties to talk to people besides my classmates, and even them I’ve got problem to talk with.
He began to shy, and plays with his hands. You then process: he made this mojo, so he has already bounded himself with a spirit.
-Hey, don’t worry, I like the idea, and such it helped you master craft eh?
-I only began because Gol’ was tired of my shyness, so we decided to make one. As he pronounces the name Gol’, you see a faint glow unto the right shoulder of the boy. He then shake his head.
“By the way, I’m Jule!
You respond by shaking his hand and respond:
-Rodney, nice to meet you. I didn’t bound myself yet, soooo… you are technically more advanced than me in your studies. But wh-
At the same moment, you hear a shocked gasp right behind you. With feigned jealousy, Clement says:
-Rod’! You cheating pig, how can you do that!
He proceeds to put down his plate and take your hands into his, mocking a romantic dispute:
“You know what I gave for you?
-Your lunch three days ago?
-Yes! Exclaims Clement. And now, I find you, with another person, without even introducing him!
He turns to Jule, with a stoic face:
-I’m Clement. If you even try to abuse of my Rod’, you’ll have to face me in a meat contest.
-Uh- Hi, I guess? I’m Jule…
You let a chuckle out.
-Don’t worry about him Jule, Clement has his way… sometimes.
Jule seems to be less embarrassed by the scene and even smile. Clement adds:
-I think that we’ll dine together tonight, since the girls are occupied with, I quote “an activity of the uttermost importance which needs sacrifices”. Also, did you find anything more than our rolling ball?
-Actually, yeah, Jule here, is the crafter, and it’s a simple icebreaker.
-And Gol’, don’t forget Gol’, he technically made it.
As he adds, the glow seems to be brighter.

At the end of the diner, you bid farewell to Jule and Gol’, while Clement accompanies you to your room:
“I never thought that a spirit would make a mojo just to speak more easily to people.
-Yeah. Do you have anything more than “uttermost importance” about the girls?
-Nope mate, you should ask them tomorrow.
He feign an offended voice:
“I just hope that it’ll be the last time I’ll surprise you with another person !
-Eh, don’t worry about that darling and see you tomorrow, you’ll need your beauty sleep.

You enter your room, and find yourself alone, and it’s quite late.

>Meditate a little for probe for spirits.
>Read something.
>Go directly to sleep.
>Send a text: Leica or Valerie ?
>Write in.
>>
>>1020796
>Meditate a little to probe for spirits.
>>
>>1020863

Writing in.

[It'll be the last post for tonight. Feel free to post what you thought about this first thread, and first english quest. On which point should I focus to improve etc.]
>>
>>1020863

You sit on your room’s floor, and begin the exercise of inhale – exhale. Focusing your mind to void him of parasitic thoughts, your whole body relaxes itself, while your spirit become sharper.
You visualize the veil of the Spirit world, which you gently board. You are still not used to the feeling, as if someone is scraping two pieces of velvet together, but you maintain your concentration. As you do, you feel movement behind the veil, quick, and slow, sharp and fluid: spirits. Curious ones, wanting to know more about you. Then comes the first whispers, muffled by the veil.
Is it what Clement talks about? Speaking to different spirit while not bounded with one?
You start to approach more closely to the veil itself, to hear the whispers, wishing to understand them.

You push further the veil, without it breaking, without it giving you any response. You then focus on the freedom the idea of air and winds represents.
The veil stiffen, before a name could be heard behind it, clearly, as if it was coming from a rupture in it.
Mistral.

You wake up from this session, covered in sweat, and several hours into the night. As you stands up and stretch, you let a “Mistral” out, before thinking about it and its meaning.
You grin, thinking about what you’ve accomplished.
You contacted your spirit before the bounding at the end of the year.

[The end for tonight. Thanks for playing with me, again. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!]
>>
>>1021005
Thank you for running. I think your English is fine.
>>
>>1021013

I'll need to improve on this particular thing. I lack of vocabulary and in sentence construction.

Only way I can improve is to read more in english, and mostly, more litterature than scientific articles.

Good night Anon'. I'll bump this thread in the future when I'll run again.
>>
>>1021076
I will wait
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.