[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Apocalyptic Warlord Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: Post-Apocalyptic Warlord.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Post-Apocalyptic Warlord.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
The End-times have come and gone, and from the ashes a new world is rising. This is a time of opportunity for men with ambition, and those with the strength to lead. You are one such man, but before we begin your story, you'll need to answer a few questions.

> What Ended the old world in the first place? Man eating corpses, nuclear war, or simple resource scarcity? Or something else entirely?

> How long ago was the End? Anywhere from five years to five thousand is valid, keep in mind, the longer it is, the higher the population will be, the more civilization will have built up, and the less artifacts of the old world there will be.

> What is your name, and what title do your followers call you?

> What is your species? If the End would've allowed for nonhuman species, you can be a nonhuman. Otherwise, you're a human.

> How old are you?

> In two sentences, describe your personality and appearance.

> What inspired you to become a Warlord?

> What does your army specialize in?

> Also, Roll 1d20.
>>
>>1014972
>man eating, parasitic aliens
>10 years ago
>Rook the strongcastle
>New human
>56 years old
>bald, piercing green eyes. Low empathy and a bad cop streak.
>Rook became a warlord for the thrill and revenge, augmented to replace his body parts he kills for himself and his remaining humanity
>his warband specializes in stealth and defensive tactics.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

http://emlia.org/pmwiki/pub/web/IronLegion.IronLegion.html Please feel free to use any of this, it's my riff on Atlas Shrugged, which would make for a good prologue for a post-apoc thing.

> What Ended the old world in the first place? Resource scarcity, and extreme mismanagement of what resources there were, both by communists and by hypercapitalists.

> How long ago was the End? About 10 years ago.

> What is your name, and what title do your followers call you? Edward Willers. My followers call me the Foreman.

> What is your species? Human. African American, if it matters any.

> How old are you? Late forties.

> In two sentences, describe your personality and appearance. I have worked on a railroad all my life, so I am in fairly good shape from the manual labor, although I have my aches. I'm not particularly tall or burly, but have excellent stamina, and a knack for always looking clean (comparatively speaking) despite the end of civilization.

> What inspired you to become a Warlord? I had the means and opportunity. My motive is to find the person who gave the coup-de-grace to civilization, and incidentally ended up marrying the woman I used to love, and beat him to death. But he has a city, and an army, so I will need an army myself.

> What does your army specialize in? We operate out of self-sufficient armored trains that have been adapted to burn anything that can burn instead of just oil and coal. We operate like a Roman Legion.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>1015001
Oh shit forgot to roll
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1014972
>Total economic collapse
>80 years ago
>Xerces
>Human
>40 years old
>Tan, hairy, and buff guy. Hedonistic, greedy, and short-temper.
>Someone has to keep the rumble in check while making a profit
>Trade and assassination
>>
>>1015001
>>1015030
>>1015036
>>1015038

Based suggestions, Anons. If a suggestion doesn't receive at least five votes in two hours, I'll go with whichever has the most votes, or roll if it's a tie. New suggestions are encouraged.
>>
>>1015030

Not bad I like this but:

> nigga why am I a nigga?

> start with one small train or that rail truck from Beyond Thunderdome! Guess the rails are still in place in most areas?

> legions walk they dont ride the train
>>
I vote for >>1015030 and >>1015038 no aliens today let's stick with mad max stuff
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1014972
>What the fuck do you think happened, shithead? Wars tore apart humanity and the world. And it wasn't quick either, they couldn't just solve it with a nuke. Men wiped themselves out with bullets, literally. Eventually, nobody was left to continue the wars, and finally the big bosses up there got their heads out of their asses and stopped killing eachother. But still, all that draining of resources left the world dry, and all the killing and chaos made us all savages. Now look what's fucking left, a big bowl of shit that WE have to eat, because our ancestors wanted to prove that their dick was the biggest around.

>Some years have passed, but it'll take literally ages to return to how humanity was. 25-something years tops.

>I'm their fucking Saviour, i'll create a safe place for those that aren't crazy assholes, and keep the crazy assholes out. The name's Samson, but some have started calling me Christ.

>I'm a man, like every other.

>Got aome years under my belt, let's say a good 50

>Big, menacing. Was born this way. Loud, commanding voice. Fiery eyes. Sunburnt by staying too much outside. Crazy motherfucker at first look.
I'm born to lead. I don't tolerate fuckers wanting to start up trouble. Maybe i'm too prideful, or so Mitch says. Angry son of a bitch, but i try to keep my shit together. Can't look like the fucking degenerates out there. Ironic, since i rode with them, some time ago.

>Keep some order in this shitfest. Too much danger, too much blood, nobody does anything. They just like rolling in the mud. Pigs, the lot of them. But there's still someone that listens, someone that's got their head in place. I want those people with me, and then i want to get out of here. Somewhere peaceful will do. Maybe somewhere where there's actually flowing water.

>Turtling. We bunker ourselves up like no other. When we make barricades, they fucking hold. Nothing short of high-powered explosives will blow them up. Which isn't bad, but if someone gets their hands on military-level gear, we're fucked. But we won't let anyone get near. I'm not stupid, we set up sentries, turrets, traps, and all sorts of dangerous stuff. You can do a lot of things with a fuel can, rope, and some matches.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1014972
> What Ended the old world in the first place?
This >>1015030 and this >>1015038
> How long ago was the End?
About 100-150 years ago.
> What is your name, and what title do your followers call you?
Edward Kane "The Prophet"
> What is your species?
Human.
> How old are you?
Around 40.
> In two sentences, describe your personality and appearance.
Bald, long beard, a loner and survivalist, gone a little crazy from solitude in our early life.
> What inspired you to become a Warlord?
We were part of a raider group who migrated due to trouble on our old grounds, we found a church and settled there, becoming inspired by the bibles we converted to a violent form of Christianity and plan to expand our raider gang into a nation through crusades.
> What does your army specialize in?
Currently just salvaging old stuff to make scrap weapons and raiding, however the bible has caused many members in our group to take interest in melee combat.

I'm bringing back the southern cross.
>>
>>1015030
Yes
>>
>>1015001

1 Vote.

>>1015030
>>1015076
>>1015104
>>1015680
>>1015627

5 Votes.

>>1015038
>>1015104
>>1015627

3 Votes.

>>1015627

1 Vote.

Alright, it looks like we're Edward Willers, late forty-something year old black, clean-freak railroad worker with a fetish for trains and ancient roman tactics, who's on a mission to end the bastard who killed his childhood sweetheart and what was left of civilization!

Resource scarcity and retarded politics by extremist communists and libertarians brought an end to civilization! And, given that geistklempner rolled a solid fucking 20, Edward's already got one helluva Legion and one big-ass motherfucking mega-Train. So let's get this Trainwreck on the rails!
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (362KB, 1299x1600px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
362KB, 1299x1600px
>>1016121

Choo choo!
>>
>>1016205

> Robotnik with a steampunk train mecha

Okay, I'm in.
>>
>>1016121
I wasn't supporting the entire post just the "What ended the world" but whatever.
>>
File: Choo-Choo.jpg (12KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
Choo-Choo.jpg
12KB, 274x184px
Your name is Edward Willers, and in all honesty, you never thought you'd make it this far. Before those damned commies and anarchists took over, you'd made an honest living as a railroad worker, and you worked hard to provide for yourself and your family. Or at least, Charlotte, short, redhead of hair, she was as cute as a button, and you couldn't dream why she'd fall for a darkie like you, but you didn't complain. The two of you loved each other, but she was from a rich family, and used to better things, and you were just some dirty trash nail driver. She ended up moving on to better things, and it hurt, it really did, but in your heart, you knew it never could've lasted.

You just kept on keeping on, and one day, in your twenties, shit started happening. Oil started running dry, and minerals started getting scarce, with it, so'd your paycheck. While all this was going on, the damned Commies started to take over, and the big Corporations were no better. In half a decade, worldwide government was a puppet of one or the other. Of course, it didn't matter in the end, neither of them were right about anything, but people went along because they didn't know what else to do.

Pretty soon, when food and oil started running low, and the government couldn't keep itself afloat, people started to turn on each other, and all hell broke loose. The first few years were the worst, plagues broke out and killed millions, millions starved, and millions ended up killing each other what little was left. The government began to fall apart, and pretty soon there was no government, just anarchy and family. It was hell.

You managed to survive, keeping to yourself. When shit went down, you stayed right where you were, with the Trains. A few of your coworkers and their families had nowhere else to go, and you seemed to know what you were doing, so they came to you. And then more came to you, and more, and more, and more, until your Train just couldn't hold them all. So you and about three hundred men went and welded about a half a dozen of the sum-bitches together, slapped and bolted a few tons of scrap over it all, and rigged the engine to take whatever burns.

When you got little over six hundred strong, you figured you'd need to get organized, so you set things up like Rome did. You always like Rome in the storybooks, and the bastards ruled the world for well over a thousand years, so they must've been doing something right. Pretty soon, you had yourself a damned Legion, and no way to feed them all, so you started raiding and trading. You didn't really have any kind of goal besides surviving and keeping your group alive, but then you heard what happened.

> Cont.
>>
>>1016746

In the decade since the collapse, the whole shebang of governments cropped up, one way or another. There's at least thousands of communist compounds scattered across what's left, and probably tens of thousands of people that just went nomad, and a good four or five dozen corporations and guilds are running things. A few monarchies have claimed a good chunk of the wastes, and even a few fragments of the old government are still trying to put the pieces back together. You've heard that the Mexican cartels and what's left of Mexico's expanding into Texas, but it sounds like they've been having one hell of a time of it.

Even a few theocracies have built up, you've heard rumors that an Islamic Caliphate has conquered a good half of the Northeast coast, and the stories you've heard make you shiver. Parts of Utah have fallen back on fundamentalist Mormonism, and have united under their Prophet. A new Catholic Church has sprung up, and it seems like the Pope's been calling crusades every other Sunday. Lots of crackpot cults going around too, and supposedly some kind of Atheist horde's been looting, burning, and raping across the wastes because they think nothing really matters anyway. Besides that, it's mostly just bandits and petty warlords, like yourself.

You didn't really care what happened as long as your people had food in their bellies and a roof over their heads, but then you heard. Some half-black bastard calling himself King Tyris The Grand and his army of thugs took over what's left of Chicago, and that wouldn't concern you any, but supposedly, King Tyris decided he'd get himself a harem seeing that he's King and all. Again, it wouldn't concern you, as a good half of every tinpot Dictator and would-be King's done the same, but supposedly, he enslaved Charlotte, and while that boils your blood, things are different now, and you decided you'd keep doing business with the Tyrant and let bygones be bygones. But then he started abusing her, and what's worse, he's been beating the lady!

Never mind that it didn't work out, you loved her, and you just can't let that stand! And if it's the last thing you'll do, you'll have that rotten bastard's head on a pike! But first things first, you can't exactly wage war against an entire Kingdom, not with only two thousand men, you can't. You'll have to build up 'till you're ready, and then, oh then, King Tyris will pay a reckoning!

> Cont.
>>
>>1016746
>>1016752

> The Mega-Train:

> Hull: 1,000/1,000
> Living Space: 2,600/3,000
> Armaments:
> [1 Massive Flamethrower]
> [3 Gatling Guns]
> [Frontal Ram]
> [Lots of Spikes]
> Modifications:
> [Scrap Armor, +500 Hull][Spikes, +Intimidation][Frontal Statue of Yourself, +Ego]

> Resources:

> Food: [Decent]
> Fuel: [Loaded]
> Ammo: [Decent]

> The Foreman's Legion

> 2,000 Combatants, 600 Noncombatants. (Women, children, the elderly, etc.)

> 1,500 Grunts: Unskilled fighters that barely know one end of a rifle from the other.
> 300 Fighters: Skilled fighters, each one is worth two Grunts.
> 150 Elite: Extremely skilled fighters that could give an old world veteran a run for his money.
> 50 Engineers: No better than the Grunts in a fight, but they keep the Mega-Train running, and are absolutely essential.
> 600 Noncombatants: Civilians, each Grunt is worth two in a fight. They're unnecessary but keep up morale and make things that much easier.

> Equipment:

> 450 Scrap Armor, worn by Fighters and Elite.
> 5,000 Train Uniforms, worn by everyone else.

> 1 Rocket Launcher
> 50 Heavy Machine-guns
> 400 Light Machine-guns
> 1,500 Semi-automatic Rifles
> 2,000 Hunting Rifles
> 2,000 Pistols
>>
>>1016757

That's a lot of guys! Do they all fit on the train?

And, where do we start from? We shall raise an empire by the time the rails are clear to Chicago!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMN6CuB6R1c
>>
>>1016815

It is, you rolled a 20! You start somewhere in Northeastern Illinois. In this world, Communism and Libertarianism caused a massive amount of railroads to be built across the nation.
>>
We need to arm the train better if possible
>>
File: speed042.jpg (25KB, 397x300px) Image search: [Google]
speed042.jpg
25KB, 397x300px
Guys, could we make the Mammoth Car?
>>
>>1016757
We should train our grunts more so we can do more than just unleash the horde on our enemies.
>>
>>1018916
Fuck, wrong thread.
>>
>>1017777
>>1018425

What do we use for fuel, and do we have enough?
>>
>>1018957
The backstory says it "takes whatever burns" so I assume that coal, wood and other stuff will work
>>
File: tumblr_ojfkpoxcAx1tjmfdzo1_540.gif (1MB, 530x740px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojfkpoxcAx1tjmfdzo1_540.gif
1MB, 530x740px
>>
File: CHECKEM.jpg (8KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
CHECKEM.jpg
8KB, 251x201px
>>1017777
>pic related
But seriously lets fucking do this.

I'll wait for however long... the Mega-Train chugs forward!!
>>
File: 1359298661785.jpg (30KB, 250x337px) Image search: [Google]
1359298661785.jpg
30KB, 250x337px
>>1015030
>Human. African American,
>>
>>1019159
so bodies of our enemies. Got it
>>
>>1026599
^
>>1016757
Putting a statue up is a waste of money and resources.

Let's scavenge for metal to make this bitch like a battering ram. Up the armor and add spikes. Also recruitment process along the way. You either join as an ally or you die under the train.
>>
How much strength does Tyris command?
>>
>>1026826
This is good question
>>
>>1016757
QM, were you the one that ran the low fantasy warlord quest as well I really liked it
>>
>>1016757
Read old books on military doctrine and discipline and instill it into our grunts
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.