[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 681
Thread images: 89

File: 1482570557550.png (5KB, 388x389px) Image search: [Google]
1482570557550.png
5KB, 388x389px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as getting rid of /qst/.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w (embed)
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory (UPDATED LIST)
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics, and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense):
https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ ; https://discord.gg/aBSbbjT

http://qst.wikia.com
This is a wiki that gives brief summations of quests and QMs as well as quest culture in general.

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Questions:
What would you say are your weak points? Both as a QM and a writer.

>Player Question:
Why is your favourite quest shit?
>>
Hey, can I be removed from the Twitter directory? The new one at least since it's the one I'm in. It's not like I'll be doing another quest anytime soon. If I would run another one, I'll just ask again.

>>1001344
>What would you say are your weak points? Both as a QM and a writer.
Complete naivety and inexperience, so many things I'm doing for the first time.
>>
>>979396
>>979396
>>979396

Mistborn quest finished. You can still vote for the next PC until it archives though.
>>
File: 1420734914046.png (223KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1420734914046.png
223KB, 500x500px
>>1001344

Still trying to make the wiki a thing, huh? Good luck with that.

Moving faster than a glacier is pretty hard. Can't really seem to do it. Maybe it's just the universe that moves too quickly? I wonder if something could be done about that.

Putting aside the obvious, I feel that the part I have most trouble with is establishing/describing scenes adequately. It's just really difficult for me to either not wind up being far too vague and leaving out important details or to wind up with a very mechanical description so aesthetically displeasing it makes me want to cry. I know it can be done, I've seen it so many times, so why is it I can't just do it like they do?

It's of course far from my only flaw, but it's definitely the one I'm most conscious about.
>>
>>1000000
It's gone, isn't it?
>>
>>1001405
Write the scene establishment like a story.
Which yeah, duh, but still:
Make note of your important bits, then draw in your reader to the place. e.g.

The cavern light flickered and cast shadows across the rough stone walls, with trembling breath a hooded figure walked between bracketed torches. The swish of a robe leaving faint contrails in the dead air and eddys of swirling dust as they passed.
>>
File: 1483054133252.png (147KB, 322x526px) Image search: [Google]
1483054133252.png
147KB, 322x526px
>>1001344

My autistic need for very minute details yet a limited vocabulary that doesn't allow me to go into the heavy detail I want.

I obsess over setting a scene. From the temperature of the area, smell, the light, any animals, sounds, people, actions. Everything. If I put the players in a new area or they go there and I don't spend enough time doing that I'd feel like I wasted everybody's time. Also I'm overly critical if myself

As a QM pacing and power distribution is my bane. Too much power basically put my first question on indefinite hiatus and my other questions I'm focusing on hadoing me taking a maybe too slow pace with it although I kind of enjoy it occasionally and hate it any other time
>>
File: 1438979355825.png (2MB, 1122x1544px) Image search: [Google]
1438979355825.png
2MB, 1122x1544px
>>1001435
Thanks for the advice, anon.

Really, I sort of already know this, I just don't seem to actually be able to put it in action when running. But I'll try my hardest to keep your advice at the front of my thoughts next time I run and try to keep it there until it becomes natural. In the end, that is the only real way to improve, isn't it?
>>
>>1001344
QM: Writing men well. That an linear plotlines. I have trouble with those.
>>
>>1001551
That...

Is not an admission that I think I've ever heard. What trips you up on writing men?
>>
>>1001650
Well, aside from the fact that I'm not one, unless I'm writing a scary dominant male type, I have a tendency to write them rather plainly, without much characterization despite how much i try to give them.

Now, this could actually be a self-inflicted blinder issue, and I may not be perciving the same thing that others are, but to me, without the aspect that most people seem to really enjoy in male characters (because everyone likes a good bad guy, even if he's the good guy) I just can't make their characterization stand out the way I think it should.

Lots of people like my scary dominant males though. Men and women. 's weird.
>>
So I have been thinking about starting up a quest for a while now. I consider myself a middling to decent writer, and I plan on starting soon. Any tips/rules I REALLY need to know besides the ones that apply to all SFW boards?
>>
>>1001717
Start off interesting.

Don't do chargen.

Have in-quest choices shape character personality/already have an established personality.

You won't get a flood of readers off the bat (unless you're doing fanfiction). Just keep going.

Don't be afraid to give consequences for the readers making awful decisions.
>>
>>1001344
> QM Questions
Pacing; I tend to get ahead of myself, which can rob climaxes of their satisfaction. I also have difficulty with life gut-punching my ability or motivation to update, which is why my threads lately have been so god damn short.

I'm so sorry. Please don't hurt me.

>Player Question
The audience.

>>1001682
Well if you'd care to log into the chat again sometime I'll see if I can lend a hand.
>>
>>1001717
There will inevitably be something that makes a segment of your players piss, whine, moan, scream, tell you to retcon it, and otherwise make them mad.

If you have a plan, a reason, and the decisions they made were informed and honest like telling them they are about to put their arm in front of a sword shearing through a car, for example then be aware that if you change things, if you give in, you will be expected to give in at other, more critical issues.

On the other hand, if you dishonest about their choices in some manner LOOKING AT YOU PGQM then you should pay attention to them and consider their requests and thoughts on it AFTER the quest session, and (try) to discuss it rationally and calmly with them.

Good luck.
>>
>>1001746
I will need to wait until I have replaced my glasses.
>>
File: ESM Dragon 02.jpg (46KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
ESM Dragon 02.jpg
46KB, 720x480px
Eclipsed Moon Quest Episode 143 thread resumes. Slow burn.

>>1001793
>>1001793
>>1001793
>>
>>1001743
>>1001747
Thanks all, I read the GIT GUD GUIDE, but I wanted some other perspective.
>>
>>1001743
>Don't do chargen.
Do Chargen if it actually adds to the quest.
And if you do, make it more like Joker Quest and less like applying for social services.

>>1001344
So, anyone interested in doing a few informal awards?
I would like to see the next few threads have questions about superlatives.
e.g. "What was the best duck ride", "Which shitstorm was the most atrocious", "What thing in a quest did you feel the worst about" or "What's the most derailed quest".
>>
>>1001896
>applying for social services.
I swear I've never seen a more perfect analogy for bad chargen.
>>
>>1001896
>make it more like Joker Quest
Expand, please.
>>
File: PoJ chargen.jpg (2MB, 1847x4116px) Image search: [Google]
PoJ chargen.jpg
2MB, 1847x4116px
>>1001717
There's bad chargen and slightly less bad chargen.

Here's a particularly bad chargen. If this is the kind of stuff you where thinking to do for your quest then you'd better stop and work on it some more.
>>
>>1001940
Jesus Christ.

That is a lot of shit to worry about plus having just one of those topics generally causes a shit storm but with /all/ of them...
>>
>>1001940
Was the QM of that an Akun regular? Because gigantic votes on chargen are a regular thing on Akun.
>>
>>1001940
I seriously think Paladon of Avalon's QM had the simplest intention with all of this; to make the worst aspect of their quest the chargen. Everything else was above average.
>>
>>1001984
That was before Akun but he did migrate there. It's Paradyne or something.
>>
>>1002001
>Avalon
Meant *Joy.
>>
I'm thinking about starting a quest based on alt history American frontier. Would you play that? Any tips for a first time writer? I'm kinda shit at describing settings
>>
>>1001912
Really simplistic.
You start in the action, with just a single post of description and get two choices with three fixed options each.
The fight also serves as a tutorial, by showing of the basics of the system.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/19195465/

Personally, I'd suggest trying to do it over multiple posts. It would be interesting to see a start in the middle of a fight, where you generate the character as part of the first three choices. (e.g. "You attack with weapon X" in the first post, "you defend by Y" in the second", etc.)
It could be quite an action-packed beginning.

A quest shouldn't start with three posts worth of exposition. No one has time for that.
The exposition should come slightly later.
>>
>>1002099
>Any tips for a first time writer?
Don't start with quests. Start with blank pages and peer review, but mostly with reading.
>>
File: IMG_2965.jpg (126KB, 794x860px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2965.jpg
126KB, 794x860px
Is 2017 the death of quests?

Been a shit factory for months now
>>
File: Maggie.jpg (81KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Maggie.jpg
81KB, 800x800px
How can I make sure that players care about certain character, given there's no room for development?
For example, let's say quest starts off when MC's mentor is kidnapped, and MC has to follow the kidnappers, exploring strange lands and experiencing whimsical adventures on the way.
But where's the guarantee that players won't abandon MC's mentor to fuck around in goblin bordello? I can't start quest with mentor and MC "bonding" - while not necessarily boring, that is just not the kind of thing to bait players with. Should I let players to fuck around in goblin bordello just to railroad them later?
>>
>>1002215
Give them a reason to care. Explain to them how important this person is, that they're like a father/mother/whatever.

Essentially explain the connection, if you make it serious enough, it would make no sense to just pull a 180 and run to a new story
>>
>>1002215
>MC has to follow the kidnappers
>guarantee that players won't abandon MC's mentor

sounds like railroading
>>
>>1002215
Dude, readers will go after the overarching quest regardless of whether they're fucking around or not. How long they'll fuck around is entirely dependent on you as a QM, but in general readers LIKE making progress towards the overarching plot.
>>
File: Maggie_.jpg (86KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Maggie_.jpg
86KB, 800x800px
>>1002224
That's what I'm aiming for, but in more "show don't tell" fashion.
>>1002225
That's partially why I'm worried.
>>1002233
That's nice to hear!
>>
>>1002215
You could have a prompt where it outlines their relationship and the players get to pick the form they like the most.
Within those, or just with the base narrative, give them reasons that they would follow them. "My mentor is an ass but if the kidnappers get his secrets the land is doomed and I like being alive." There's an almost infinite amount of mentor-student relationships to draw from, and the reasons could be anywhere between personal or setting-wide, or a healthy mix.

Beyond that, write it in a way where the bond is assumed. It's a part of the MC, it's not something that goes away. This is the person who taught them- their ideas either have some alignment, conflict, and memories. A single sentence explaining a past memory or a metaphor to a previous event or a "just like that one time when we" reference can go a long way towards characterizing the relationship without cluttering the post, so long as the details themselves are presently important.

For quest examples, Totemist would be a good one for this.
>>
File: 6578635786538.jpg (33KB, 415x261px) Image search: [Google]
6578635786538.jpg
33KB, 415x261px
What's the etiquette on fetish quests?
>>
>>1002256
>>1002233
And certainly this. Your initial players will go with the initial narrative as long as it's interesting.

If not, they'll change or add to it. Sometimes that takes a while, and depends on if your updates have something the players want to add to.

>>1002275
I miss BFQ.

Anyway, they're fine so long as nobody reports them.
>>
>>1002215
Flashbacks of MCs memories with mentor.

Frequent references to mentor "just the way <Mentor> taught me to do it" and "makes me feel just like when <Mentor> would comfort me that time I hurt myself real badly during training" and the occasional "what would <Mentor> do?" Do it a lot to underline how critical this person is to your MC. Remember to write your quest in first person because it is superior.

If your players know what is important to the MC, they will generally pursue it.
>>
>>1002275
Keep it to yourself, or go to Akun.

if there's smut, just don't post explicit images and you'll be fine maybe we don't know really one QM did smut and got a ban warning, or go to Akun
>>
>>1002275
Fade to Black or pastebin it.

You can't post explicit stuff on here, but I'm not sure how suggestive is too much for the mods.
>>
File: Maggiefull.jpg (26KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Maggiefull.jpg
26KB, 480x480px
>>1002261
>>1002279
>>1002280
That's some really in-depth advice. You guys are good.
>>
>>1002398

Also remember flashbacks are a thing.
>>
>>1002212
Most quests have never been great. I honestly think having a board dedicated to it has done more harm than good.

I think we're having a problem getting new players because the only reason anyone visits is for the quests they already follow. No one wants to give a new quest a try.
>>
>>1002498
Which sucks because I've given new quests a try.

For your 2017 New Years resolution, /qst/, I'm asking you all to start a new quest to try out once a month at least.
>>
>>1002515
I'm glad you have. And I try to give attention to whatever looks interesting as well.

But it's just not enough. There are not enough people in /qst/ to balance out the massive disparity. Several quests that looked pretty interesting and would have gotten a cult following on /tg/ starved to death over a period of a week. Even old fan favorites are starting to sink into irrelevancy.
>>
But doom and gloom aside. I'm thinking of re-booting an old fan favorite.

I say 'fan favorite' but it's just Magical Girls again.

Plus, I didn't write the original, just got permission from him to run it.

Has anyone else tried this? What are some examples of reboots of quests not written by the original author. Is that typically good? Bad?
>>
>>1002574

It's probably going to suck and is, on the surface, a relatively subpar idea.

But that's not going to stop you nor should it.
>>
>>1002577
I ask because I do miss that quest. It ended without an ending, and it had a tone that no other quest really strives for.
I could run a completely original idea, as well. I have one that has been on the backburner that seems relatively tempting.

If I run the original idea; it would probably be on Anonkun.
>>
>>1002574
AE rebooted Hollow Quest with a redux, it turned out okay.
>>
>>1002588
What if this was an original setting, characters, story? Just used the title.

Would it be a redux, then?
>>
>>1002609
I don't know. The closest things I know of are where a QM has taken a quest off someone else to continue it because they died or the original QM was just that much of an incredible faggot or where the QM requested it for some help.

Maybe you'll need a different word for it. Revamp, Renew, Revive/Revival, Remake, Restore, or just plain old Reboot.
Even if you don't spell it out, I'm sure anyone who liked the original will know it is it's own thing. Honestly it doesn't seem like an important distinction for anyone but die-hard autists.
>>
I'm a new player on /qst/, I guess. I'm a newfag in general, but I'm especially new to /qst/.
>>
>>1002654
Welcome!
Despite what some will tell you, we are DESPERATE for new blood. Stay around! Read some stuff! Gossip here about that little annoying thing your favorite writer did recently!
>>
>>1002654
Leave before you are trapped forever, newborn. Heed only thus of the unkind gods.
>>
>>1002665
Oh, I'm already involved in.... 5? Quests already. Shit's fun.

>>1002669
Sorry man, but my soul has already been scorched in the flames of wrath, and chained to pillars of eternity. Can't get much worse than that.
>>
>>1002671
Welcome.

What quests have you been stuck to so far? I recently went back and read all of the sith apprentice quest threads which is probably now my favorite quest so far.

Here's a link if you're interested. It's around 50 threads and they are about a sith apprentice name Xanth who eventually becomes quite potent in the dark side by using the power of joy. http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Sith+apprentice+quest

I also recommend Vox's quest Dungeon Life Quest which is now in the triple digit range of threads. It follows a necromamcer who was sent into a mysterious dungeon. I'm not too far into it but it is one of the best ones out there. Link: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Dungeon+Life+Quest

The newer quests like Doll Shop, A goat girls fantasy, and Lich quest are pretty good too. Doll shop in particular is very well polished as it is made by a more vetran QM.
>>
File: really.png (416KB, 618x589px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
416KB, 618x589px
>>1002744
>Doll shop in particular is very well polished as it is made by a more vetran QM
XS would be somebody who's polished, Valencia just comes up with at least interesting dilemmas.
>>
>>1002744
I'm reading stuff like Ravenking's Overwatch and Thug Quests, Zap's Starcaller quest, Plague's Marvel Quests (both) and I'm trying to catch up to Dark Gate Academy. (I think I'm never around when they run.)

Thanks for the recommendation!
>>
https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/nazis-in-fantasyland.4409/page-33#post-1053400

Nazis in Fantasyland has been updated. It's a pain you have to register just to view it, BUT if you want an idea of what it's like you can look here: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=Fantasyland

NiF is a reboot of the original by the same QM.

Pitch: Wehrmacht expedition from 1939 gets sent into a fantasy world with the hopes of providing a means of letting Germany not only prosper, but potentially rule the world.

It's like GATE but not a curbstomp, with the biggest reason being that supplies/reinforcements are limited because of how long the portal can open per month.
>>
>>1002770
Forgive me anon but I'm unfamiliar with XS's work. As I said I've only recently finished Sith Aprentice Quest and I'm actually behind on reading others. But from the look of the newer stock of quests Doll Quest is quite polished or at least well put together and interesting.

If you would link some of XS's work I'd give it a read.
>>
>>1002846
>>1000966

S/he's apparently a writefag, so polish is a given
>>
>>1002846
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Ryukuza

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=The+Raiders
>>
File: 1459240259030.jpg (550KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1459240259030.jpg
550KB, 1920x1280px
I'm running a session of Starcaller Quest right now!
>>1002864
>>1002864
>>1002864
>>
File: IMG_7518.png (54KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7518.png
54KB, 500x354px
>>1002858
>>1002861
Alright thanks Anons! I'll put it in my list to read later. I'm in the middle of catching up on Broken Sky Onlind
>>
>>1002744
Aww, I'm flattered. I look forward to seein' ya when you catch up!
>>
>>1002872
:D
>>
>>1002890
No problem man! From what I've read it's pretty damn solid stuff.
>>
I think we all agree getting new blood is the biggest issue, so how can we go about that?
>>
>>1002977
Go out to other boards and kidnap unwilling participants.
>>
File: smug anime grill.jpg (17KB, 236x328px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime grill.jpg
17KB, 236x328px
>>1002977
git gud
>>
>>1002993
I read the manual of "Gitting Gud", it was pretty specific.
>>
>QM question
As a QM, absolutely consistency. My running schedule is a a fucking mess that I need to be better about. As a writer, I focus far too much on dialogue over setting a scene with surroundings and feel.

>Player question
Because it fucking ENDED

>>1002973
>>1002973
>>1002973

Norseman Saga, Vol. 7.5 is live
>>
>>1002609
>>1002574
Just tell us what it is, faglord
>>
Discussion: what do you think has been the most popular quest in /tg/, /qst/, or overall 4chan history? What made it successful?
>>
>>1003081
Ruby Quest because FUCKING WEAVER
>>
>>1003081
Blatant Fetish Quest

All the rapes
>>
>>1003081
It would have to be Ruby.
>>
>>1003081
Has to be Dive Quest. Ran during the height of tgchan's popularity and since everyone had already read Ruby Quest people were already hyped as fuck. Add the amazing Knight Blades by fucking Reaver to that and you've got the golden era of questing. The amount of copycats alone was ridiculous.

Then Reaver dropped off after lots of hard work, and Weaver went on to do other stuff. The blueballs is legendary even to this day and arguably started the decline of questing until /qst/
>>
>>1003081
So by sheer number of readers I think it would have to be Fuck Quest by a mile. There were a couple thousand people voting on every one of the choices at its height.

Why it was popular: fetish pandering, and being allowed to run on /a/ unfettered for like two months.
>>
>>1003081
As of right now the most popular quests running are going by posts during a session

1.Hive Queen
2.Shinobi Quest
3.Mecha Space Pirate Quest
4.Magical Academy Quest
>>
>>1003160
Oh shit I forgot about Fuck Quest.

Maybe because it was so stressful.
>>
Wait

That was actually a thing

Not some rumor someone made to mess with the newfag?
>>
>>1003180
Fuck Quest was real.
>>
>>1003239
Wow.

Archive? I wish to do.... Research.
>>
>>1003257
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=fuck+quest
>>
>>1003269
Those are just the parts that happened on /tg/, mind you.

The "best" stuff happened on /a/ before the move.

You'll have to go to foolz and search /a/ for the subject line "fuck quest" to get those.
>>
>>1003269
>>1003283
Blessings of Kek upon you.
>>
>>1003289
Here's a pastebin with links to everything:
http://pastebin.com/u/DirtyCeriseFaggot
http://pastebin.com/9ndXKm8V
>>
>>1003314
Thank you.
>>
>>1001344
>Why is your favourite quest shit?
Man, I've got a whole laundry list of gripes.

Unless your a europoor or some kind of vampire, just staying awake to play the quest is almost as much suffering as the quest itself. God forbid you actually fall asleep though, because the moment you aren't there for a vote, someone votes to do something just monumentally stupid and you come back to this trainwreck of regret and misery in the morning. I'm not even sure what's worse at this point, coming back to find everything's gone to shit because of some careless idiot, or BEING the careless idiot and getting to personally feel your heart being stepped on in new and exciting ways in real time.

If you're reading this, and you voted for "Clarity" back then, fuck you. Just... Fuck You. I will never forgive you.

Then there's time schedules. Holy shit, when you say you're starting in an hour, start in a goddamn hour. The tweet goes out for a thread and I'm checking twitter every five minutes from an hour to two hours from then because the QM lives in some isolated time-dilation space or something.

It's not technically part of the quest, but fuck that ebook anon too. Or those ebook anons. Fuck you guys for constantly claiming you're making progress on ebooking it for quicker Forgettings. It's been over a year dammit, I haven't seen shit.

I just want to be happy. Why is it so hard.
>>
>>1003461
What quest are you referring to specifically?
>>
>>1003486
Valen Quest. It's... special.
>>
>Weaknesses

Holy shit, where do I begin?
Characters, mostly. I also tend to leave things a little too vague, and people start asking ALL of the questions and clog the thread. I throw too many rules in, or make the rules too complicated to understand.

Changing topics, what's a good way too deal with trolls? Ignoring them seems to work, kinda.
>>
>>1003500
Does it have an archive? I'm kinda binging on archives while I'm doing Starcaller Quest.
>>
>>1002744
>more vetran QM.
Is being a veteran QM a good thing when every single one of your quests is based on your own expansion fetish with the rest of the setting as an afterthought?
>>
>>1003520
Just type in Valen into the Search by Tag
>>
>>1003520
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Valen+Quest
This has 'em all, I thiiink.
>>
>>1003538
So many beautiful bastards in /qst/. Kek smiles down upon you all.
>>
So is Orc Warlord Quest dead?
>>
>>1003564
I'm pretty sure it runs on anonkun now actually.
>>
>>1003564
akun
>>
>>1003566
>>1003575
I ask because I'm thinking of running a very similar type of quest on akun, but swapping orcs for something else.
>>
>>1003709
Hentai logic rape and conquest quest will do fine on akun so you're all good.
>>
>>1003716
Hell, they did pretty well on /tg/ before the smut crack down.
>>
>>1003719
It's kinda overdone on anonkun from what I can see but I doubt anyone there would actually care
>>
I haven't really used akun before. Is it any good?
>>
>>1003526
Writing's not shit anon.

So the answer is yes. What I was getting at was that the QM has experience and knows what they're doing and would come up with a compelling narrative which can be attractive depending on your own biases. If you like the quest is entirely up to you but being a vet is almost entirely good when we are talking about quests.
>>
>>1003790
Interface sucks. Better for smut quests.
>>
>>1003790
It's made by someone who looks at failed mobile site designs archived by google from 2005-07 and it's basically for smut quests.
>>
>>1003790
You'll get more players but a huge percentage of them are human garbage
>>
>>1003802
Ok, thanks. Go there if I'm bored of /d/, got it.

Anyways, my new quest, Star Wars Warlords, has r e a l l y taken off, for reasons I am unaware of. What do you guys think it is? My thoughts are that it's an established IP that a lot of people know about. What do you think I'm doing now that I wasn't doing in my old quest?
>>
>>1003816

What was your old quest?
>>
>>1003816
Congrats on getting a good amount of players in the first thread but there's usually a huge decline in participation in the second thread of new quests. Good luck though. Make sure you use the same OP image and tweet a warning prior to linking your next thread.
>>
>>1003816
There has been multiple successful star wars themed quests also.

>>1003829
This.
>>
>>1003820
Phoenix Knight Quest. It died, not with a bang, but with a whimper.
>>
>>1003907
I don't know anything about that quest but it seems like fantasy quests have been doing badly overall lately. Maybe because there's kind of been a lot of them.
>>
>>1003790
I prefer it much more to 4ching only because I hate looking at pastebins

There's a chat instead of posts
Editing story posts
Formats like bold and italic no colours to my knowledge
Easy to access archives

But the site has a slew of problems from the fact that one or two man's is doing anything
>>
>>1003927
What's annoying for me as a player is how much samefagging happens there. In bigger quests literally every vote ends with a blatant samefag competition between the top two votes.
>>
>>1003927
>There's a chat instead of posts
That's much worse. It's amazing how much retardation gets filtered cause people have to fill out a captcha.

Akun's chat is almost always cancerous as fuck.
>>
>>1003915
Wasn't fantasy. It's on sup/tg/ under PKQ, check it out (if only to laugh at how bad it is.) I had literally one poster half the time.
>>
>>1003936
That's pretty much for anything extremely important the voting is like five minutes and I hide the votes

>>1003941
I know exactly what you mean. But I've been on the Internet long enough and 4chan enough that I can safely ignore it

Until they get really salty over their own decisions

But I do in fact like the post style of 4chan better for the fact that conversation flows easier and you don't have thirty or more people talking about several different things. Although they mainly stick to a certain topic in between posts
>>
File: IMG_7590.jpg (53KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7590.jpg
53KB, 550x512px
>>1003961
Hue hue hue hue.

I had the same problem and that's why I got disenchanted with my own quest. Most players were even fandoms who never read the previous threads. Hopefully I'll return soon in which I'm going to try to retcon the entire thing because dispite the lack of players it was a neat world.
>>
>>1004001
Randoms*

I'm too tired for this shit.
>>
i wanted to run a mass effect quest but i don't really know if i have an attention span to continue which is my main drive why i don't want to run a quest.

So QM what really drives you the courage to run your own quest? It may help me or maybe get some strength from it.
>>
>>1004138
Overwhelming personal curiosity and the need to write at least 500 words a day to stay in practice.
>>
>>1003160
>Fuck Quest
Nah.
>>
>>1004148
>500 words a day
So what kind? Anything or worldbuilding? Maybe Character fleshing or something?
>>
>>1004138
The players.
>>
>>1004138
A chronic desire for approval and attention from people I know I'll never meet.
>>
>>1004138
I love building worlds and seeing people experience them.
>>
>>1004166
Anything. The writing group that 'raised' me as a young author emphasized the importance of dedication over motivation. My mentor suggested a bare minimum of 500 words a day, rain or shine, no matter your mood or circumstances, of writing. Questing neatly fills that requirement while allowing me to practice writing all manner of things.
>>
>>1003772
What kind of smut quest isn't over done on anonkun? serious question here.
>>
>>1004224
Guro maybe
>>
>>1004229
No theres one over there
>>
>>1004229
Forget that.
>>
>>1004224
Bestiali- no wait there's several of those.
Gay shit? Nope. Damn.
Uh... as far as I know there isn't any vore but I'd say it's only a matter of time. What a shithole.
>>
>>1004190
>>1004178
>>1004175
>>1004172
well as of now i'll gonna do some story background since i still don't have the balls to run a quest. But i hope i can do it someday though.
>>
>>1004229
I've always threatened to run a quest on Gurochan....
>>
>>1004277
I remember when I first thought about running a quest. I was terrified, I had no idea what I was doing, and no idea how it would go down.

I passed the premise by a QTG and got a decent response, but the best bit of advice I got was "just run it", so I did. That was over two years ago, give or take a few hiatuses.

Just run it.
>>
File: 1bebd517fd16496224810fccdcc094cd.jpg (541KB, 1800x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1bebd517fd16496224810fccdcc094cd.jpg
541KB, 1800x1250px
The Raiders Continues with slave fun.... >>1004315
>>
>>1004294
What's your quest?
>>
>>1004321
Hive Queen.

The first thread is always the hardest to post.
>>
>>1001344
>Tfw you want to run stuff
>Tfw your schedule's kinda busy an drew you're kinda lazy so sitting down for a multi-hour run just isn't a possibility

Granted, /qst/ runs really slow, but I still doubt people would be willing to put up with a wait time of an hour or more between posts. Wouldn't anonkun be better for that sorta stuff?
>>
>>1004454
this is what i thought too. Given /qst/ really has a time window for any vote time+write up it may eventually die down and make the players bored out of their seats waiting for the next post
>>
>>1003161

Joker has an insane number of posters, too. It might be because this was touted as the finale.

It wasn't, but it's an amazing ending.

Joker ends up back where he's started, but he's learnt something about himself in the process.
>>
>>1004484
Ooh was it one of those, travel back in time to the beginning of the quest but with all the knowledge of how things went type endings like in Jumanji or The Dark Tower series?
>>
>>1004486

Not really, no. But the PC, who has spent the entire Quest fighting out of hatred, spite and existential despair, finally performs a genuinely heroic act.

The ending does have him walking across a desert though.
>>
File: file.png (2KB, 143x24px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2KB, 143x24px
>>1004484
The thread's been up for about a week, it doesn't actually have 81 players.
>>
>>1004138
Pain
>>
>>1003081
Waifu Quest

It was the one time that *everyone* on /tg/ came together. No other quest had that amount of activity in the history of questing.
Even the anti-quest shitters praised that quest and joined in with glee.
>>
>>1004531
were you the waifu or did you just have a waifu
>>
>>1004532
You were the waifu and would die if the MC stopped caring about you.
You also really hated the MC and had bitch fights with other girls who had the same problem.
>>
Which quest feels/felt the most 'alive' to you?
>>
>>1004547
"Alive" as in the setting and characters feel like real people and places or "alive" as in "not a dead thread."
>>
>>1004548
The first one.

Also, does /qst/ have an archive other than archived moe?
>>
>>1004547
Crusader quest
>>
>>1003504
>people start asking ALL of the questions and clog the thread
Have you considered that might be what a quest thread is for?
>>
>>1004555
Presumably you're asking because moe is down.

There's bstats, but it's shit.

There's also suptg but that requires people to actually upload the threads.
>>
Qst drawthread when
>>
>>1004571
Fuck drawfags
>>
File: Any day now.jpg (307KB, 696x975px) Image search: [Google]
Any day now.jpg
307KB, 696x975px
>>1004547

Lessons.

In.

Knighthood.
>>
>>1004567
>Presumably you're asking because moe is down.
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>1004481
That's why some quests have Discords to tide players over between updates.
>>
>>1004224
Little girls with big dicks.
>>
>>1004577
fuck now i miss the nicole shenanigans and her background shadowruns that even eclipsed MGNQ
>>
>>1004622
You can only blame yourself. If you hadn't stopped missing Nicole, you wouldn't be noticing any change at all now.
>>
>>1004572
T. Eternal Requester

But seriously why fuck em?
>>
>>1004454
Boy, would you be surprised
>>
>>1004571
Wouldn't be a bad idea, would give the quest without drawfags a chance to get fan art and hopefully would build more of a community
>>
>>1004830
All I ever need is one person to agree with my bad ideas

>>1005025
>>
>>1004571
>>1005027
There was one thread, it died fairly quickly since there weren't many drawfags and requesters.

>https://yuki.la/qst/495321
>>
I miss Crusty.
>>
>players spend a whole quest white knighting while gently coaxing girl around to their way of thinking
>make a really cute relationship and become the chad
>final two chapters
>completely mind break the girl
>give her schizophrenia
>make her their slave
Loner on akun might just have one of the best bad ends of all time. It's an end where you've lived long enough to see yourself become the villain, and barely anyone who played understands why it's messed up.

I still loved the outcome because I'm not a faggot.
>>
>>1005344
>because I'm not a faggot.
Lies
>>
>>1005350
Check my poster id against the Op if you don't believe me
>>
>>1005344
It was shit to be frank
>>
>>1005363
Not really. It was drawn out and repetitive but the writing was good and they actually managed to make vanilla activities fun to wank to.
>>
>>1005344
Mind control is a retarded fetish
>>
>>1005027
While I like the idea, I somewhat doubt this'll manage to get off the ground. But good luck regardless.

>>1005344
Why is akun so weird?
>>
>>1005461
They're all qms and players banned from other sites due to smut and other assorted faggotry
>>
>>1005461
>Why is akun so weird?
They wanted to make her a bit bisexual, but she didn't like them messing with their head so they went all out and made her a slave sub-slut with an alternate personality devoted to making the main personality more of a slave sub-slut.

It wasn't where I saw that story ending really, but I found it hilarious.
>>
File: 1473165240953.jpg (829KB, 1700x956px) Image search: [Google]
1473165240953.jpg
829KB, 1700x956px
Running a session of Starcaller Quest today:
>>1005619
>>1005619
>>1005619
>>
Modern Necromancy Quest Thread #10 up and running!
>>1005957
>>1005957
>>1005957
Come join and help our MC navigate Fae politics in the Unseelie Court
>>
File: Raioh02_2.jpg (74KB, 450x650px) Image search: [Google]
Raioh02_2.jpg
74KB, 450x650px
I'm back from the holidays ya'll!

Alchemical Blade Quest is now up and running! Do you enjoy cyberpunk, magic in said cyberpunk, espionage, conspiracies, and high octane action of slicing tanks apart with sharp pointy objects? Then you make like it!

>>1006007

Know about Exalted? Then you may tangentially enjoy this as it's set within the Modern version of it!

Starring special guests!
>>
>>1002515
I would, but my writing is shit and I don't have a PC.
>>
File: DelPiggyback.jpg (101KB, 757x603px) Image search: [Google]
DelPiggyback.jpg
101KB, 757x603px
>>1002117
Forgot to link this earlier, but after forever a new thread is up
>>
>>1006450
I meant as a reader not a writer.
>>
https://foolz.fireden.net/tg/search/subject/modern%20satyr%20%20/
https://foolz.fireden.net/tg/search/subject/new%20Olympian%20%20/

Some anon on anonkun found links to my second favorite smut quest. I thought this shit was lost when archive.moe went down. This is like finding pornographic relics. I figured I'd share the links here on the off chance any of you guys had been looking for it too.
>>
File: tumblr_oa5kbyhVQh1qze3hdo1_1280.gif (121KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa5kbyhVQh1qze3hdo1_1280.gif
121KB, 500x288px
Would anyone be interested in a fantasy political thriller mixed with mild civ macromanagement?
>>
>>1006661
Yes. You probably won't execute it well, but yes.
>>
>>1001344
A Tale in Ruins: A Dice-less Storytelling Game of making our own takes while ruining stuff from specific TV shows, Books, Movies, and Video Games at the same time is up for voting if you are interested. >>1006652
>>
>>1006661
If your characters are interesting enough in the sense of a political thriller, yes.
>>
I made the sudden realization that the only quest I've ever followed with a male protagonist has been dwarf quest. Oh, and I guess magical girl academy quest, but that doesn't count one bit.
Every one after that was a lady.
What's more, like 75% of them were "monstergirl on an adventure" quests.
So, uh, I guess I want more of those? Nothing else I am looking at seems particularly interesting.
>>
>HQQ potentially hiatus again after revive
WHY CRUEL WORLD
>>
>>1007044
QTQD gon die 4 reel yo.
>>
>>1007074
NO
>>
>>1007078
yus
and it's all /qst/'s fault
>>
>>1006976
This level of shit taste honestly blows my mind
>>
>>1007110
I guess I like pretty specific stuff in my quests.
I don't like porn quests, so there goes a huge chunk.
I don't like quests I can get for better in another medium, so there goes a huge chunk.
I sort of am interested in the dead space and plant guy quests I see in the catalogue, but I doubt I'll give either of them my time since the first may end up as just dead space: the quest and the second seems not adventurous enough at first glance.
>>
How many of the quests here have gay male protagonists?

Just curious, since a lot of the quests here I've seen seem to have a guy trying to find a girl or a girl trying to find a guy/girl.
>>
>>1007164
Maiden White. Albeit it ran on /tg/ and is already done.
>>
>>1007164
The mc of Mecha Space Pirate is bi but only for traps
>>
>>1007172
It's not done. It's still running on anonkun.
>>
>>1007269
I know. But it's finished anon, all that's left are the epilogues.
>>
Good evening.

I'm remembering staying up late to read PGQ back when that was still big.

I don't care how it ended, that was some of the most fun I've had at 11PM at night.

What quests do you read at 11PM at night, and then go to bed expecting to read how it turned out tomorrow?
>>
>>1007324
Black Company Quest.

>11PM
>Late
>>
>>1007324
I have a weird sleep schedule so I get the opposite problem where sometimes I wake up halfway through a run and have to catch up
>>
>>1007324
Broken sky online went until like 4 am the other night. It was worth it.
>>
For running a quest, would shorter updates and faster uptime on the thread be better than wordier, more complex posts that take up much longer?
>>
>>1007711
Depends on personal taste I think. There's really short ones with paragraph-long updates, ones that do 2 or more long posts, and some balance of in-between. Really, it's up to your personal style and how you want to run the quest.
>>
>>1004577
...yeah. I'll have to second this claim.
>>
>>1007324
Northern Beasts
>>
>>1007324
Valen Quest.
But it's not "go to bed expecting to read how it turned out tomorrow". It's more "doggedly fight off sleep so that some moron doesn't fuck up an important vote"
>>
>>1008052
See, you say that, but we still managed to majority-vote through the Mim thing. I don't think any other decision I've made fucked me up as badly as getting to see that unfold.
>>
>>1006661
>political thriller
YES
>fantasy
Eh, maybe not
>>
>>1008139
What experience with fantasy did you have to make you veer from enthusiastic to wary so quickly?
>>
>>1008139
How about political fantasy?
>>
>>1008149
Political thriller is more exciting with real characters and well-defined roles rather than bullshit lords and ladies that doubtlessly will have more in common with D&D/Game of Thrones than real life political intrigue (either modern or historical). Nobody knows what the actual responsibilities of a fantasy character are, or what they're legally allowed to do and what they're really capable of unless you REALLY put in work to define it.

If I wanted to read an exciting political thriller about nobles, I'd pick up a history book on Roger Mortimer, or Liz I's spymasters.

Fantasy is played out, cliche and shit. Give me a cyberpunk GiTS type shitfest or nothing.
>>
>>1008157
It sounds like more of a problem with the writer than the genre, with the politics streamlined to put more of a focus on adventure. Although I suppose with fantasy's typical focus on fantastic adventure against apolitical opponents (ie monsters and shit) a general lack of attention to political detail wouldn't be surprising.

Then again from what (admittedly little) I've seen of Cyberpunk the attention is also less on politics and more on the struggle of the common man in a posthuman society.
>>
>>1008163
In its classic Gibson incarnation it was really about how humans will use technology to dominate and control others. At one level of society you had consumer drones that have no idea how society is run and spend their time buying stupid shit like celebrity patented eyes. The punk heroes know what's going on and buck the system but are immoral and selfish.

The only post humans in neuromancer are Dixie Flatline who wants to die because he realizes he's read only memory with a personality that can't develop and change and Neuromancer who nopes off to Alpha Centauri because he can't find anything on Earth worth talking to.

Cyberpunk is about how technology makes us more human and how that's not necessarily a good thing.
>>
>>1008157
There were 2 cyberpunk quests on /qst/, they had like 2 players and lasted one and two threads. There was also one on anonkun, it lasted few months but now it's dead.
>>
>>1008201
Cyber Demon died because the qm's campus internet got banned due to someone looking at cp
>>
>>1008061
Yeah. The only thing worse tham seeing a moron fuck up an important vote is being that moron.

I swear I never felt so guilty before a fictional character.
>>
>>1008201
Is that quest with the hacker turned killler cyborg dead?
>>
>>1008207
>>1008217
I guess there were more cybepunk quests than I noticed.
>>
>>1008201
BioArmor is cyberpunk, although I haven't updated it in awhile so you might consider it dead.
>>
I miss bladebound retainer quest and the one with the main guy named Yuu who is autistic, the second is really comfy, the first one fullfills my medieval thirst.
>>
Forgot to add, belieguered prince quest is pretty good too.
>>
>>1008269
For the first few threads, maybe
>>
>>1008304
Ouch, what happened?
>>
>>1008191
You forgot Case's old squeeze that got herself killed and dragged into Neuromancer's little world. And Dixie got ascended to True AI status and flitted about the grid from then on out.

Either that or Neuromancer made another one
>>
>>1008342
I thought Case shut down Dixie? And it was sort of ambiguous if that was actually his girl or just a hologram Wintermute made to trap Chase in the virtual world.
>>
>>1008304
Eh it isn't bad now either.
>>
>>1008359
Did you even fucking read the novel? Yes, it's ambiguous, but Case (not Chase, you fucking retard) sees her brainscan clone sitting with the brainscan construct of HIM made when he went braindead upon meeting Neuromancer and he heard Dixie's trademark laugh when surfing the grid in the epilogue.
>>
File: Jedi-Cover.jpg (109KB, 600x906px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi-Cover.jpg
109KB, 600x906px
>>1008415
>>1008415
>>1008415

Jedi Knight Quest is back and we're talking about Revan.
>>
Running quests is the only happiness left in my life. And now /qst/ is slowly but surely dying.
>>
>>1008430
The problem is that almost everybody viewed /qst/ as a lost cause when we had to move here so they don't care about trying to fix the board since they view it as pointless.
>>
>>1008430
I don't know, to me it seems like there are always less quests in the winter and more in the summer. Once the summer starts, more quests will appear and more players will come.
>>
File: SuitSupport.gif (96KB, 478x684px) Image search: [Google]
SuitSupport.gif
96KB, 478x684px
Starship Idols is alive and well.

>>1008484
>>
>>1008407
Sorry. It's been awhile sense I read it.

I've always wondered what it meant that Neuromancer left humanity behind. The scene with him and Case talking about how humanity was like RAM instead of ROM seemed to paint a positive picture of humanity, but then Chase is getting high as usual while the post human intelligence leaves for space. I don't think he even stays with Molly like Johnny did.
>>
>>1003835
>There has been multiple successful star wars themed quests also.
"Successful"
>>
>>1008600
Has there ever been one where you control a squadron of fighters?
>>
File: 1473087755611.png (156KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473087755611.png
156KB, 500x500px
Update on QuestDrone:
He's out of surgery and was able to text me to let me know he's in recovery now. I'll keep folks updated as I learn more
>>
>>1008433
We can't fix the board. I don't know how we are supposed to magically make players appear or change the coding, which are the two things that make /qst/ severely detrimental.
>>
>>1008615
The curse is having mercy? Excellent.
>>
>>1008264
>I miss bladebound retainer quest

Well the QM just got a job so you might be more shit outta luck then you were before.
>>
File: 7e3ed968fa264dbc6ee0211660a99441.png (650KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
7e3ed968fa264dbc6ee0211660a99441.png
650KB, 1300x1300px
>>1008839
>>1008839
>>1008839
Pokemon Island Adventure Quest is up
>>
>>1005975
Modern Necromancy Quest Redux is up again for an extra session! Same thread, so come say hi and help Liz Shepherd make her way in the magical community!
>>
File: Sorry.jpg (207KB, 750x551px) Image search: [Google]
Sorry.jpg
207KB, 750x551px
>>1009063
>>1009063
>>1009063

Alive.
>>
File: Flidais 2.jpg (9KB, 181x279px) Image search: [Google]
Flidais 2.jpg
9KB, 181x279px
We be plants

>>980226
>>980226
>>980226
>>
File: birthdaycake.jpg (73KB, 896x514px) Image search: [Google]
birthdaycake.jpg
73KB, 896x514px
>>1001344
hey guys.
beat the new obsidian game tyranny and did every path.
disappointing ending but i think the world has some serious potential -- does anyone think a quest in this setting would be a good idea? i was thinking you could play as an archon sent to kill the MC shortly after the events of tyranny, as a sort of alternative history scenario (since the game will almost certainly have a sequel/dlc)
>>
>>1009228
>does anyone think a quest in this setting would be a good idea
No.

Take what you like and run something similar. Don't run fanfic of an obscure IP.
>>
>>1009228
It's just gonna be another weird OC setting for most people. You may as well switch the terms of things to make it OC.

As far as settings go it's pretty basic, though the gameplay/story introduction is something above par for video games it's a minimum for text based narratives. The characters are fairly well written, even the Archons show depth beyond the whole idea of their existence. So if you can run an OC fantasy quest with things like that it would likely be okay, if not fun.
>>
Might be a noob question but what is the difference between tg and qst? Looks the same TRPG boards to me.
>>
>>1009418
We don't discuss games, we play them in a CYOA/story format
>>
>>1009418
/tg/ discusses table top game's mechanics and lore.

/qst/ plays "quests" or a story driven narrative which is written by the op(QM or quest master) and decisions are made by the anons (players).
>>
I think the "We play games" distinction is kind of strange because /tg/ still plays games. They just don't play "these" kinds of games anymore.. They have threads for video games, even.
>>
Quick question about Akun. How often is an acceptable post rate for there? Can I go two or three hours without a post and still retain interest?
>>
>>1009510
Nope

Update should 30 to 45 minutes tops, and you shouldn't bank on your (non-existent) godly writing skills to keep the audience waiting for one update every 2 hours
>>
>>1009518
I see. This is per session or periodically for a set amount of time?
>>
>>1009522
Per session? I ain't sure what you're asking for exactly, but in general people expect a relatively speedy response.
>>
>>1009522
You can take an hour break or a two hour break maybe once a session if you have a long enough session.
>>
>>1009818
>>1009584
Thanks!
>>
>>1008650
The people who are lurking could certainly be more open-minded. But they have it ingrained in their heads that this medium has to be high-end literature that also keeps a 20 minute or less rate of posting. It really doesn't have much to do with Twitter, though there are some faggots who won't bother reading if there's no link (this also includes other sites not related to 4chan).

Yeah, there are a lot of shitty new quests. My problem is with the sheer amount of fanfiction quests. I understand, if the setting doesn't work out, it's all that effort wasted. I know that feeling. But you just need to take the leap and do your best.

The readers need to be more open minded, and the writers need to try just a little harder. The resources are available. We all need to get out of the mindset that this is a dead board, and get some goddamn energy flowing!
>>
>>1008532
He doesn't LEAVE for soace, retard, he's TALKING with something on the same level as him. Because he's the ENTIRE FUCKING INTERNET and is already the sum total of human information.

The whole fucking point of that final scene of him playing house with Dixie and the girl is showing that humans still entertain him you fucking ponce.

Do you not understand basic literature? Is that why you're stuck writing self-insert romance fanfiction of motherfucking Scooby Doo: Ghoul School?
>>
Is there still an IRC for quests? There used to be one back on Rizon.
>>
>>1010310
Reading the first post may aid you in your quest.
>>
>>1010245
>take a leap and do your best.

But that's what I've been doing, 5 OP's at a time. Like, man, I'll flow this energy right up your damn arse! But only two of my ideas really have traction and players, the rest can just die.

But it doesn't change that this place is more like a hook proving ground to me than an active board.
>>
>>1010323
Indeed it will. Thanks.
>>
File: master ruseman.png (15KB, 404x328px) Image search: [Google]
master ruseman.png
15KB, 404x328px
So I was thinking about running a Harry Potter quest with expanded time travel (closed time loops Homestuck style, with elements of Doctor Who shenanigans). The main plot happens in Beauxbatons (French wizarding school with all the magical girls), which is assaulted by airship pirates in mecha suits.
Any takers?
>>
>>1010245
>all that effort wasted
This fear is too much for me.
>>
>>1010245
To be honest, I wish this board could support sub-20 minute post rates. When I ran quests on /tg/ I used to go fast as hell. Last time I ran a quest here I spend like 6 hours to get 80 posts or something, it was miserable.
>>
>>1010437
>6 hours to get to 80 posts
>miserable

I have no sympathy.
>>
File: VGA Planets.jpg (272KB, 641x470px) Image search: [Google]
VGA Planets.jpg
272KB, 641x470px
>>1010428
I make up plots and settings in spare time as a hobby. If the quest doesn't pan out, I can turn it into a webcomic, a short story or even a videogame if I feel dedicated.
Fun is everything.
>>
>>1010437
Though this might just be my experience, I feel like people take a lot longer to respond, too. And just a bit less discussion-seeking, like there's a layer of quietness added to everything but a few long-time exceptions.
>>
>>1010456
I agree. Going back over the quests from a few years back there was a lot more chatter and general discussion that helped boost numbers, a bit, which in turn convinced people to come and take a look.

>>1010447
Are you saying that it gets worse than that?
>>
File: 1368596224323.png (331KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1368596224323.png
331KB, 500x386px
>>1010460
>Are you saying that it gets worse than that?
>>
>>1010460
>Are you saying that it gets worse than that?
Ahhh... my worst quest has long fallen off the board, but I remember putting a huge amount of effort into what's basically shite. Getting 7 IPs (mine included), and winding up with a thread that was 90% my own posts across three nights of running. But the quest was pretty bad at everything. A learning experience for sure..

It was before the forced switch, but I don't feel things are hugely more active now than then since even bad my ideas on /tg/ got more dedicated discussion than here, though that's also just personal experience.

Things work here if you're lucky with a hook, but it's still not quite the same.
>>
>>1010518
>>1010488
I used to run quests a lot from '12-'14. One quest series I ran was like 32 parts and we'd fill up an entire thread sometimes. Those were the days.

I understand why people pushed this board into existence, but it kinda sucks. I guess the biggest thing is I wish that there were anything we could do to fix it.
>>
>>1010397
Just no, please no.
>>
>>1010537
>I understand why people pushed this board into existence

Because idiots were butthurt?

Because some people couldn't stand the idea of anything that they don't like being on the same board as them?

Because the mods listened to whoever crowed the loudest and went through with a poor decision that nobody actually wanted that once gone through with would be irreversible?

This board is nothing but a middle finger. To its own inhabitants.
>>
>>1010560
I agree wholeheartedly with you. It killed off one of the few genuinely fun things about /tg/ that was a staple of the board. And for what? MtG posting?
>>
>>1010572
Generals :)
>>
>>1010437
This. Quests are snail-paced here. You could be the fastest writer ever, but it depends on how fast you get replies.

>>1010456
This, too. Several quests I used to peruse which were brimming with discussion are now ghost-towns. No one wants to talk, everyone just wants to put their input into the story and leave.
>>
File: IMG_7596.png (126KB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7596.png
126KB, 309x313px
>>1010437
>6 hours to get to 80 posts
I'm currently running a quest at 5 hours with 31 posts.

>>1009063
>>1009063
>>
>>1010593
Fucking outstanding. /v/ at least moved generals off-board, and with damn good reason. Rotating generals are the masturbation of the boards.

At the very least quests were, sometimes (and there were a lot of shit quests), genuine creation.
>>
>>1010612
I feel for you, bro. After seeing how things are, I'm debating whether or not I even want to try to run one tomorrow.
>>
>>1010610
Does this mean I missed my chance to run a quest?
>>
>>1010537
There was really no reason to make this board because the writefagging eventually returned to /tg/ anyway.

It's just now they're not calling it quests. /tg/ now has the same number of writefag threads as quests on the catalog. Writefagging just being writing without the player input.
>>
>>1010639
No, feel free to run a quest here.

It just means that /tg/ is no longer the de-facto place to run a quest. It used to be that if you wanted to quest with a good audience, you could do no better than /tg/.

Now you have lots of places to choose from. You could run on tgchan. You could run on Anonquest. You could even run on spacebattles or Sufficient Velocity IF your quest is relatively harmless and you're okay with being pushed around by some mods.

Just as an FYI, Anonquest and Sufficient Velocity are WAY BIGGER than /qst/. To the point of having thousands of people playing at one time.
>>
>>1010639
There's always a chance. From what I've heard, though, it's all about dogged determination.

>>1010640
So all you did was lower the quality of the writefagging by turning /tg/ write threads into some sorta /lit/ -lite garbage.

Isn't there some sort of venue to maybe get this decision reversed?
>>
File: 127526257243.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
127526257243.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
Maybe this is in some way, somewhat inevitable.

Interactive gameish storytelling exists in a lot of places, a lot of forums, and on other image boards.
But this is it's death, the final throes, because there has yet to be anything that exists specifically to genuinely support the medium, or even the idea of the medium. There's no market, and people don't really make money on it.

It has no drive because as popular as some few quest-like ideas of interactive storytelling/gaming are still just fractional things that exist from hearsay and shared through people that share similar interests.

Let's change that.

Let's involve $$bill. After all, it's money that gets things going. It's not hard to pay for out-of-site advertising via google, and most quests are PG enough that they can be advertised to the widest possible audience. So if you have a semi-popular quest, why not make a couple gif banners and stills and submit them to google's advert system with your spare change? Pay for a chance of popularity, and even if you fail you've still attracted eyes to the idea. Youtube, garbage mobile sites, etcetera and so on.

If it gets big enough, we can slowly establish a sort of publisher's cabal of QM-player paid advertisements, ensuring well-efforted new quests get the eyes they deserve and the posters most fit to their demographic, by ensuring as controlled and as predictable a system as necessary. Bigger than that, bait investors with ideas of websites filled with authors and authorial-participants (players) with the idea of people paying to put their own interactive content in front of Big Views, artists/authors love active audience feedback and can be baited with ideas of earning percentages, something like a quest version of TwitchTV for DMs/writer's and bam; Quest Commercialization.

There is no way this can backfire.
>>
>>1010639
You missed your chance to run a quest with properly speedy response time and depthful discussion.

Make no mistake there are quests that have these but they're either

A. Generally Appealing

or

B. Retaining fame and players from before the jump to queef sucking troglodytes

>>1010640
At this point I'm pretty sure everybody's given up with the notion that they have any idea what the fuck they're doing. Writefaggotry is even less related to /tg/ by nature of not even having anybody role play in them. I'm not going to say they don't have a place in /tg/ because they're exercises in developing (or wanking) lore but if they stay why don't the actual role playing stories.
>>
>>1010662
>So all you did was lower the quality of the writefagging by turning /tg/ write threads into some sorta /lit/ -lite garbage.

Yes, with space marine and xeno forbidden love.

>>50973859
>>
>>1010663
As semi-joking as you may have been, I was actually considering this some time in the past. At least, starting with trying to just get a wide appeal and use the Collab-RP element of it, on a grand scale, to try and generate some interest. Don't know what I'd do with it, but probably just have some fun. Your idea of making money though is pretty interesting.
>>
>>1010685
Damn, trying again.

>>>/tg/50973859

>>1010663
Didn't they want to do this on Akun and it was such a bad idea that they scrapped their paypal links?
>>
>>1010662
>Isn't there some sort of venue to maybe get this decision reversed?
Also best venue to get this decision reversed is sadly Hiro at this point. There was a long war fought in /qa/ about this decision, and nothing ended up changing. Some guy who was named the 'board manager' visited this board twice and then never again.

I'm not even entirely sure if we have janitors. We have mods who visit, but we get less attention than /mlp/.

remember, /mlp/ got to vote on a banner in the competition. We didn't even get a vote. Ponyfags get more respect than quest players. (and /mlp/ got to keep their quests because GR15 keeps them from being moved here).
>>
>>1010663
Only monetization I'd support is if some QMs either open a tip jar or a patreon. There's some QMs I'd be willing to give a bit of money to, and as long as it's my choice on how to spend it and the QM doesn't become a complete asshole by holding the quest at gunpoint over money then I'd be willing to spend a bit.

Though this doesn't stop QMs from making up sob stories to gouge their players for extra dollars
>>
>>1010691
Yup. It was very specifically what I was thinking.
>>
>>1010691
What happened when Akun tried it?
>>
>>1010715
Akun wanted to do quest monitization.

As in
Expansions
Microtransactions (Hey, m-maybe that character didn't actually die)
Donor-specific material
Extra canon

The problem most people had with this is A) It's taking the Electronic Arts approach to questing, and B) it's opening the avenue for QMs to possibly consider treating their quests as a job. Which for one suddenly means that Devfag is now a manager. Then for two also means that he has employees and Anonquest is no longer a place for fiction to be made but for a product to be sold.

Which seemed like a step nobody wanted to make.
>>
>>1010667
Is weeaboo trash inspired by Chobits/Gunslinger Girl generally appealing? It's the only idea I have, and it wouldn't really work for any of my gaming groups.
>>
>>1010727
need the details
>>
>>1010662
>Isn't there some sort of venue to maybe get this decision reversed?
There were some threads on /qa/, Hiro showed up in them, told us to make a thread here, we did, he showed up there too, said he'd listen to us, didn't do shit.
>>
>>1010726
>Expansions
>Microtransactions (Hey, m-maybe that >character didn't actually die)
>Donor-specific material
>Extra canon

There isn't a single aspect of this that doesn't reek of cancer. I'm glad people chose to go no further with it.
>>
>>1010726
The greatest thing for the terrible idea to flourish would be to find the people that are just good enough writers to write interactive fiction but have no problem considering it a job or a service. They only have to compete with people that don't advertise beyond their bubbles, after all.

Man, no wonder I have so many failed quests. My bad ideas flow like syrupy clotted wine.
>>
Problem is we have players it's just their all separated in their own places. I mean the only thing thing is all together as a board is that we all like questing. We need to figure out how to get more lurkers to actively post and have people try out different quests
>>
>>1010766
Well, you can't force engagement, but I think this thread has the right idea. Personally, this past conversation we've been having has been some of the most engagement I've seen on /qst/ in a while. Maybe pimp the IRC more? I'll do my best to start making a regular appearance.
>>
>>1010780
We can't force it but We have to figure out a way to make people want to engage.
>>
>>1010788
Threaten their waifus and steal their bros.
>>
>>1010788
I guess the root question is what made quests more popular and more engaging back on /tg/? Was it just number of eyes on the board?
>>
>>1010730
It'd probably take the human/robot relationship exploration from Chobits and Gunslinger Girl's handler/brainwashed cyborg girl relationship exploration and blend them into a story exploring the MC/robot girl death machine relationship, with players influencing how it develops. There'd be a plot serving as a backdrop, like a conspiracy or something, or maybe the MC has a problem and they use the girl to fix it. I don't have the idea fully fleshed out yet. I know that the relationship would be the core theme, though.
>>
>>1010797
wasn't it steal their waifus and threaten their bros?

>>1010799
so how would it differ from, say, Kancolle?
>>
>>1010798
Quests were great on /tg/ because we were running with /tg/. /tg/ was an excellent board for quests because most quests at the time were /tg/-centric (see: Techpriest quest, Space Marine Quest, Dozens of D&D variants).

It used to be that, at one time, quests existed on every board. They weren't something that sprung up because of the writing type, but sprouted from people wanting to run /a/ quests on /a/ (bromont quests were amazing on /a/), /v/ quests on /v/, etc.

At one time, /b/ used to be the biggest questing hub.

Then moot decided to put an end to it for no discernible reason except for his hatred of generals. Generals on /v/ and quests both got moved during that time.
>>
>>1010638
>>1010612

Final count.
38 replies in 6 hours and 30 minutes.

Tomorrow is always there though. You should post up a quest and see how it fairs. I think my timing was off as I posted a bit later into the day. Plus winter is usually a dead zone. I think once summer is here we should be fine. But that's either impossibly naive or just silly.
>>
>>1010798
Eyes on the board was probably the biggest thing. Plenty of people didn't follow over with the switch to qst and that's the problem. Maybe some of the more popular and could try and convince some of their players to go out and read other quests on the board. Or maybe when some of the bigger quests are running being up other quests you follow and talk about that between an update
>>
>>1010804
>wasn't it steal their waifus and threaten their bros?
Well, that's how we got full-flung shitstorms before, I figured the opposite must hold true in these times.

Either way, somebody's favorite character has a date with the chopping block.

>>1010805
>>1010798
This.

The quests existed where people would be interested in them. /co/, /a/, /v/, /b/, /tg/, and so on. It's not really eyes so much as it's people that are generally interested in board specific subjects.
>>
>>1010819
>It's not really eyes
Whoops. What I mean by this is that it's not "eyes generally," sorta.

But I did just list the most populous boards among the top places to quest, so the participation pool being large has always been helpful.
>>
So we need to figure out a way to get people on those boards to see quests that relate to their interests. If only we could get a banner
>>
>>1010819
That's a very salient point, /qst/ has no identity other than "the quest board", and we don't get to have any of the board culture around us. So we have to just make something.

>>1010807
I'll try tomorrow, in the early evening, and swing by the IRC. I do think timing matters a lot though.

>>1010805
/tg/ also has one of the broadest range of interests of any board on the site. My most successful quest was a historical italian nobleman quest, and it wasn't even close.

>>1010811
I think a more unified effort would be good for us all.

>>1010826
Pretty sure crossposting would just get us reprimanded, unfortunately. That would be my first instinct.
>>
>>1010826
The problem is the solution to our problems are not things we're capable of achieving on our own,

and this was the intention from the very beginning.
>>
Isn't it kind of sad that the best discussion we have is when we get angry at this board of which we can do nothing about?
>>
>>1010883
It's really the only thing we're unanimously angry about
>>
>>1010883
It's something everybody here can relate to.

Some people like little anime girls
Some people want people who like little anime girls to die
Some people want to be the little girl
Some people want to play dry realistic settings that take themselves way too seriously

Everybody gets angry at being kicked out of their house.
>>
>>1010804
I've only watched some of the show, so if you're asking about a kancolle quest, I'd need to read it.

For minor points, the girl would be an actual robot, with all that entails, rather than a human with robot attachments that repairs by bathing. It'd also take itself more seriously, like not using war as an excuse to interact with a cute girl/watch a cute girl do cute girl things.

It won't be groundbreaking philosophically, but there should be merit in a quest about asking and answering the questions of "What would you do when in possession of a combat robot?" and "How would you treat a human-like robot?", right?
>>
Maybe look into trying to build more of a community. The drawthread is a good idea we just have to support it and keep trying it should work eventually. What are some things akin does to build community?
>>
>>1010898
Uh oh. I'm running a very, very similar quest very soon. Only it won't be kancolle, but a different fanfic quest altogether.
It's fiiiiiiine though. It's fine.
>>
>>1010905
Being able to talk about stuff related to questing outside a single meta-thread.
>>
>>1010898
>How would you treat a human-like robot?
the answer is waifu. The answer is ALWAYS waifu. Except when it is husbando.

more seriously, it sounds like a good time. Hope you can push through with it!
>>
>>1010910
Remember when this thread was even getting banned?
That said, I think we could probably have meta-threads now because I highly, highly doubt any mods are reading this. If they are, then they must be incredibly bored or doing it because they are being told to.
>>
>>1010908
Oh boy. Great minds think alike, at least? FWIW, I don't know if I'll even run, or when, because I have a hard time getting off my ass to do shit. Knowing that someone else wants to run it (and >>1010915 encouraging it) makes me want to at least try.

Who knows? Maybe they'll be nothing alike because we have completely different characters. I hope your quest is successful, though. I might even participate in it to break my quest cherry.

>>1010915
I figured, but there's always that slim chance they'll be outvoted and decide to go full asshole. Thanks for the support.
>>
>>1010927
Chances are, when I run it you probably won't even know I did because it will be on Akun and be non-lewd, so wish me luck in surviving in lewd country
>>
>>1010934
Godspeed, anon. Don't let them corrupt you.

I'm happy to hear I won't have direct competition from you. It's my first time and it's probably going to be a spaghetti fest of fuck-ups. No pain, no gain, though.
>>
>>1010934
There's plenty of non-lewd stuff on anonkun.
>>
File: Screenshot (862).png (568KB, 2356x1045px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (862).png
568KB, 2356x1045px
>>1010988
Yeah, but they very rarely get the kind of attention smut quests automatically draw in
>>
>>1010992
They still probably get more attention than the average /qst/ thread.
>>
>>1010992

This is what worries me the most
But if I can get a dedicated readerbase of a couple dozen people, then I'll be happy.
It probably doesn't help that it's a loose fanfic quest, either.
>>
QUICK! SOMEONE NAME A RANDOM QUEST THING TO DO AND I'LL ROLL WITH IT WHEN I WAKE UP
>>
>>1011050
Sharkfucker Quest
>>
>>1011050
Designated street shitter quest.
>>
>>1011050
Orc witch-doctor on the run from dark elf marshals hunting him down for supposedly killing his dark elf wife but the twist is that she was assassinated by a no-armed mercenary goblin with an eyepatch and speaks in riddles. The mastermind behind this whole framejob is a conniving human merchant intent on causing a conflict between the orc kingdom and the dark elven colony. Interspersed between the action/thriller scenes is the tale of a dwarf foodcart merchant who becomes entangled in a murderous gang war in the inner city depths under the human merchant tower after his cart is broken after being unable to pay protection money. The dwarf snaps and becomes a beer-guzzling, celery-munching vigilante who disguises his face by painting it red and screaming sentences out.

There. Do it fucker.
>>
>>1011050
Emoji Quest.
>>
>>1011050
Magical girls, only it's the Cold War.
>>
File: Nick_Fury_012_01.jpg (125KB, 800x1181px) Image search: [Google]
Nick_Fury_012_01.jpg
125KB, 800x1181px
>>1011066
Genderbend the Marvel Universe, file the serial numbers off

Done
>>
LISTEN TO ME MY BROTHERS!

>>>/tg/51035895

RESIST THE DOGS THAT SEEK TO KEEP YOU WALLOWING THE DIRT!

FIGHT FOR YOUR FREEDOM!

FIGHT FOR YOUR DIGNITY!

START YOUR QUESTS ON /TG/ SO WE CAN RECLAIM THE HOLY LAND!
>>
Does /qst/ accept pdf files like /tg/?
>>
>>1011089
Yes.
>>
>>1002833
Nazis in Fantasyland has updated again
>>
>>1011076
Well. I'm not sure how you expected that to end.
>>
File: insert_coin_to_continue.png (63KB, 1279x517px) Image search: [Google]
insert_coin_to_continue.png
63KB, 1279x517px
>>1011076
Nice try
>>
Hurr Durr I'm a giant faggot pussy.

"LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS! DONT BESMIRCH MY GOOD NAMEFAGGOTRY WITH YOUR EVIL ANON WAYS!"
>>
>>1011122
>>1011122

Its about the journey my good friend.

How did you like the quest?
>>
>>1011123

With the death of my thread, use my name as a rallying call for all the /qst/ers of the world and win the rebellion.

"SAVE THE DREAM! SAVE THE REBELLION!"

t. Crippled Black Guy in The Nostalgia Movie
>>
>>1011124
>>1011125
A beginner's mistake. Pathetic.
You've grown old and weak.
>>
>>1011124
>>1011125
Buddy, did ya forget that this board has IDs or did you not care?

I fired off a vote based on the limited information, mainly out of a likely-misplaced faith in your intent to actually run the thread.
>>
>>1011129

>mistake
>>
>>1011130

I was legitimately writing the next post but some faglord of a mod deleted the thread.

However if you would like to participate I did write a much more improved version of the post in my thread on /qst/.
>>
File: a58.jpg (54KB, 367x360px) Image search: [Google]
a58.jpg
54KB, 367x360px
>>1011131
> >mistake
>>
>>1011137

>pretending to be a retard

Oh no, I see. You don't get the joke.

Let me explain.

What I just did isn't me "pretending to be retarded".

It is the internet version of a classic comedic action often done in real life and film.

It begins with person A and B being next to each other.

Person C, who Person A doesn't like, starts to approach.

Person A turns to Person B and pretends to whisper some rude comment about Person C, but actually PURPOSEFULLY says the rude comment loud enough for Person C to hear.

Then, once Person C is close enough to be actively 'engaged' in conversation, Person A turns to Person C and OVERACTS, being extremely nice in an extremely fake fashion.

For example

Person B: Oh great, Person C. I hate talking to him.

Person A: I know what to do. *mock whisper* Ugh. MAN IS PERSON C such a cunt!

*Person C finally arrives next to Persons A and B, with an offended frown on their face*

Person A: WHAT'S UP PERSON C?! HOW IS IT HANGING!?

See, nowhere in this joke is the humor that Person A is in anyway stupid.

The humor comes from the fact that Person A is telling Vox to his face that he's a giant sack of cancer and should fuck off but is actively projecting an overly nice persona that is meant to be see through so Vox knows that Trick A fucking thinks he's a douchebag.

For posterity's sake, I'm linking every single one of Vox's posts in this thread.

>>1001650
>>1001746
>>1004148
>>1002890
>>1004190
>>1011122
>>1011130

A note to everyone out there.

Try to learn the difference between a joke and "pretending to be retarded"
>>
File: file.png (114KB, 367x360px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
114KB, 367x360px
>>1011140
>>
>>1011140
We used to have such love, Trick. What happened?
>>
>>1011137
Bad news anon, he wasn't pretending at all.
>>
File: DLQ.jpg (106KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
DLQ.jpg
106KB, 500x344px
>>1011148

It was me the whole time, Vox.
>>
>>1011151
It amuses me that I understood that
>>
>>1010799

So, bootleg Doll Shop?
>>
>>1011163
No idea. The only quest I've ever read is Ruby Quest. I'm also slowly reading through Dungeon Quest because 1d4chan said it was good. I guess I have to add Doll Shop to my backlog.
>>
>>1011165
>The only quest I've ever read is Ruby Quest.

Hey mod-kun. Thanks for broadening your horizons!
>>
File: Ork_Freebooterz_Symbol.jpg (176KB, 672x588px) Image search: [Google]
Ork_Freebooterz_Symbol.jpg
176KB, 672x588px
Going to run an ork Freebooterz quest. Any tips on worldbuilding a sector? I have a rogue trader sector generator thingymajigy but I'm fucking awful at naming shit and worldbuilding in general. Any tips?o
>>
>>1011151
...Part of me wants to be shocked and vaguely pleased but the majority of me doesn't believe you.

Do you see what your shitposting hath wrought?
>>
File: Victoria Did Nothing Wrong.png (1MB, 680x1203px) Image search: [Google]
Victoria Did Nothing Wrong.png
1MB, 680x1203px
>>1011170
>majority of me doesn't believe you.

Really?

Crescendo.
>>
>>1011168
Take two words ands just slam them together or give em orly names cause yous a Orkney
>>
>>1011056
>but the twist is
It's not a twist anymore you idiot.
>>
>>1011177
Hey man if you twist something far enough and then reveal it and then make it not a twist anymore. Then I'm pretty sure it goes far enough into the other direction and starts being a twist again for being not a twist again.
>>
>>1011179
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh8eb_ACLl8
>>
>>1011179
I think you've forgotten that the base level is the base level because that's where most people are

you'll lose most of your audience like that
>>
>>1011179
It worked for Kubo
>>
>>1011187
Just saw that movie.

It was good, but the ending is weird.
>>
How many threads will X quest last?
Lay your bets here.
>>
>>1011189
This would literally be betting on thread numbers one through five. I mean I guess whoever wins the +5 bet really fuckin nails it so there is that.
>>
>>1011189
Exactly tree fiddy
>>
What quests players dropped like a brick after the move? Did it actually kill anything beyond slowing everything down
>>
>>1011196
Some shitty halo quest.

QuestDrone and GraveMind or whatever but that was because of self sabotage.
>>
>>1011050
Deposed prince quest
High Fantasy

I'd do it but I'm too lazy and busy
>>
>>1011199
>>1011199
>shitty halo quest
I'm still surprised how much traction that got on /tg/ and in the archives pre move
>Up boats mattering

Still surprising
>>
>>1011196
I think more quests died just because the QMs were too butthurt about the move to continue their own quests.
>>
>>1011050
Fantasy Whore's Abundance of Mixed-Race Children Quest
>>
File: d8948d9d78e252219464458acc3a2c50.jpg (407KB, 764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
d8948d9d78e252219464458acc3a2c50.jpg
407KB, 764x1080px
>>1011196
What /qst/ kills is basically the "drop-in-and-out" players. The kind of players who only play when they see something they like but don't necessarily track the quest's schedule via twitter. These players usually come in very large quantities or not at all. The big and famous names from /tg/ were usually powered by these players, making them the most likely to suffer from the move. Though of course, they're also the ones that can easily afford to lose some players.

Smaller quests are likely to have more dedicated players, partially by virtue of the fact there are fewer of them. The kind of players who already went to lengths to match the QMs announced schedule are extremely likely to follow the quest to /qst/, so such a quest would generally retain more of their players, but on the other side every one they lose matters a lot more.

But the ones that really hurt were the quests without an established playerbase. The new quests. Early /qst/ was like a graveyard without a digger, just a field of starved and rotting corpses. Usually deaths well deserved, but the fact nobody buried all the bodies really killed the property value and made it impossible to find the few things actually worth saving.

That problem isn't as big now as it used to be, but anyone who can honestly claim to be able to scroll down the unfiltered catalog without losing another shred of their hope is a man I'd call Liar. Just trying to give anything new here a chance is a draining experience.

That's my point of view at least. /qst/ is a perfectly fine place if you're already established and have players capable of following you. The board could probably have worked out pretty well if it was exclusively for quests past a certain number of threads. Not players, threads. Small quests and big quests can both be successful quests if their players love it and are dedicated to it. But say you got to run the first few threads on the relevant board and then after, for example, 5 threads you gotta go to /qst/ and you should've hooked people enough that they'll follow you here. If you haven't, it's safe to say you failed to impress and need to reevaluate your approach.

A board moving at proper speed allows that reevaluation because it is very quick to tell you whether or not you've succeeded, compared to the limbo that is /qst/. Would make for much healthier quests and QMs, I think.
>>
>"We've been talking", say Zatanna and Batgirl
>"And it's fine for you to fuck Supergirl and Poison Ivy"
Man, why the fuck do I keep reading this garbage? It's like I enjoy being angry
>>
>>1011310
Please tell me this is an actual quote
>>
File: 1483040599696.jpg (36KB, 540x396px) Image search: [Google]
1483040599696.jpg
36KB, 540x396px
>>1011310
You're lying
>>
>>1010285
>He doesn't leave for space

I thought he beamed himself to Alpha Centauri he could fuse with its AI, but after looking up a summary on wikipedia it looks like I'm wrong.

>The whole fucking point of that final scene of him playing house

But that's the odd thing. Shouldn't he know that humans are RAM and not ROM from his earlier conversation with Case? Just because he is the Matrix doesn't mean things aren't going to change for humanity and get interesting.

It just feels weird to me. You have this great humanistic scene of Case talking about how humans are RAM and then Neuromancer becomes so bored with humanity he's trying to contact aliens and Case has left Molly, replaced his organs so he can continue getting high, and has generally returned to how he was at the start of the story.

The closest I can describe the feeling is Doctor Manhattan from Watchmen where he gives the "You are a thermodynamic miracle" speech on Mars and then just leaves humanity and Earth behind to Retcon Flashpoint create his own humans.

>Do you not understand basic literature?

I'm just trying to talk about Neuromancer with you, what's with the hostility?
>>
>>1011310
Proof? Cause I'm still offhandedly reading every so often and I'll cut somebody if that's true
>>
File: Only a lil painful.png (9KB, 32x274px) Image search: [Google]
Only a lil painful.png
9KB, 32x274px
>>1011199
Are ya memeing or serious? Cause I always appreciate criticism

>>1011215
Upboats are an indication of quality
>>
>>1011362
>Upvotes are an indication of quality

No, they're an indication of popularity. Popularity often follows at least some level of quality, certainly, but level of popularity does not correlate to level of quality.
>>
>>1011359
Just keep reading nigga
>>
>>1011368
I know I was joking
>>
File: You better delet.jpg (26KB, 552x619px) Image search: [Google]
You better delet.jpg
26KB, 552x619px
Provide proof
>>
>>1011310
So glad I dropped that.
>>
>>1011375
Dick Quest is the Nisekoi of questing. Dropped every day.
>>
>>1011379
Not for me. The cringe got too much. I haven't looked at it since.
>>
/qst/, I was thinking about making a competitive quest, is this allowed?
By that I mean a quest in which the players each have their character and all of them are trying to reach the same objective by different means.
Does all quests need to be cooperative work by playing a single main character?
If what I'm suggesting is allowed, what are your advices for this kind of quest?
>>
>>1011404
Isn't that what a skirmish quest is?
>>
>>1011404
How well can you write one character with a pool of five inputs? How well can you write five distinct characters? How well can use five distinct characters from each a single user in a competition of sorts? How would you handle alliances? How is this better than you trying out an IRC or PnP DMing group?

I ask because when you say characters you imply having more in mind than what typical civ/risk/skirmish garbage brings, where the characters are usually afterthoughts to the game being played. If that's the case, it's not a quest.
>>
Scientific research

http://www.strawpoll.me/12036231
>>
>>1011438
well that's depressing
>>
>>1011438
What the fuck lurkers? Vote!
>>
For those of you who just read quests without posting, why?
>>
>>1011447
>>1011444
>>1011451
You have to remember humans tend toward inaction. Its just human behavior.
>>
>>1011457
>psychology lessons from a furfag
only in /qtg/
>>
>>1011409
I guess a skirmish fits well what I want to do, thanks, I'll read some of them to get the idea

>>1011419
The idea was to write a situation in which every character was in and have a handful of premade pool of choices depending in where the character is or what is it doing (is it in a city? In the wilderness? Is it in a fight? Trying to find itens in a market?)
>>
>>1011469
He's not just into furries, he's into spooks 2 boot y
>>
>>1011457
It's gay behavior when participating in a quest is low effort as fuck
>>
>>1011457
There are three acceptable reasons for reading but not participating:
>You're getting caught up with a longer-running quest
>You miss a session or vote(s) due to IRL conflicts/responsibilities
>Time zone conflicts

Lord knows #2 can be an issue when I'm trying to write, so I'm especially forgiving of it. Shit happens, and a lot of that shit HAS to take priority.
>>
We're live again.

>>1011608
>>
Lurker purge when?
>>
>>1011438
>~50% lurker ratio
well I can't say that's terribly surprising.

.....wait, if they lurk, what do they DO on qtg?
>>
>>1011934
Read quests and input when they don't like a certain option.
>>
>>1011986
nonono, the general specifically. We don't exactly have a lot of reviews going on here, and if they take the time to post, why don't they post in quests proper?
>>
>>1011934
and there is always one faggot.
>>
Alchemical Blade Prequel Quest / Succubus Lord Quest is now continuing!

>>1006007
>>
Modern Necromancy Quest Redux is up and running!
>>1005957 (You)
>>1005957 (You)
>>1005957 (You)
Come join and help Liz Shepherd learn about Warding after her experiences at the Unseelie Court!
>>
File: CRAW.jpg (11KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
CRAW.jpg
11KB, 299x168px
>>1012569
>>1012569
>>1012569
Plants are back in town
>>
File: Cast Wallpaper.jpg (4MB, 4560x2256px) Image search: [Google]
Cast Wallpaper.jpg
4MB, 4560x2256px
Putting in a quick and friendly announcement that The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn will return on the 7th of this month and will start up at 10 AM PST/1 PM EST/5 PM GMT.
>>
>>1011239
I'm already writing that one.
>>
>QM Question
The delay between quests. I'll never run one more than once a week, sometimes skipping a week or so. On the plus side, when I do run I put aside the entire day so it has my entire attention.

I also sometimes play around with the OP bold and colour tools too much, sometimes it makes a mess of the entire post.

>Player Question
Too many irrelevant votes. Dragging out a conversation minute by minute or voting on something fairly trivial takes away from my desire to have any input. If a quest is good I'll still lurk, but unless the QM is putting out choices I feel I have an actual stake in I'll lose interest in actively participating.
>>
>>1013931
what, hate weapon 'spurge?
>>
I read the guide(s) in the OP and it said that players want to be railroaded. How much rail do you make? Do you need to know the ending? How far do you plan ahead?
>>
>>1014020
>How much rail do you make
a fair bit, but mostly of the variety you're not sure you're going to use

>Do you need to know the ending
no
>>
Reminder that RWBY Quest: Remnant Knights will be running Saturday at 6pm PST give or take an hour if I have something to do!

https://twitter.com/Venator_QM
>>
>>1014020
Know your end-game. Keep it in mind every step of the way. That means, know who is pushing towards that end-game, what that end-game is and what they're trying to achieve by it, how they're trying to reach the end game and how far they've progressed, how they plan to win that end-game and, importantly, what they aren't planning for in their end-game.

Don't be completely set on that end-game coming to pass, it should be possible for the players to completely trump it and force the antagonist to play by their rules instead.

As for avoiding the end-game entirely (running off the rails) the best prevention is to simply give players a reason to care about the plot outline you've prepared. If they care about it, they'll never REALLY go off the rails, merely be sidetracked a little.

And if they don't care about it, and you simply cannot make them care, then trying to push it through against their wishes is obviously a bad idea that won't be fun for anyone. Seriously, don't play the QM vs Players game. Either roll with what they want to work toward, or drop the quest.
>>
File: 1479511715421.gif (828KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479511715421.gif
828KB, 320x480px
Ryukuza Quest begins: >>1014127
>>
CSC quest is up if you like girls and tanks
>>1014238
>>
>>1011265
When I first checked out /qst/ after the move, there were around 6 quests that were meta bullshit and around 3 quests people were actually responding to.

Things have improved so drastically from my first impression that I can't help but be hopeful for the future, especially since the summer usually brings in more people just checking stuff out and from there, a few more regulars.
>>
File: Power5.png (27KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
Power5.png
27KB, 500x391px
Okay, so I've been planning this quest for a while how do you think players would react to me constantly comparing super-powered individuals to fascists? Like there's one "hero" who actually is a fascist pretty much.

Will players react poorly to that or would they just not get what's happening?
>>
>>1014355
Anons will get bootyblasted

Do it

But seriously, provide evidence and reasons for them being fascistic otherwise you're just baiting for politics
>>
>>1014355
I don't get what's happening already. Why?
>>
File: Power.jpg (666KB, 1778x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Power.jpg
666KB, 1778x1000px
>>1014401
So, superheroes like batman and superman are very fascist in a lot of their portrayals, particularly the most recent movies.

Basically, the movies champion giving a single person untold power without restraint and letting them act above the law because laws only slow down these godly perfect people who always know what's right and best. That's pretty damn fascistic.

POWER Quest takes place in early 70s South Bronx in New York and people in the intercity have superpowers. They quickly take control of gangs or become the personal enforcer of gangs and the police are nowhere to be found because they've abandoned the South Bronx a long time ago.

SPOILERS FOR THE QUEST: The fascist part of this is in a couple plot points, one about a gang lead by a guy with superpowers, one about a group of 6 superpowered people deciding they're going to fight off the gangs (and becoming one in the process) and one about a soldier returning home and going on a rampage with his super powers.
>>
>>1014025
>>1014098
Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll keep it in mind.
>>
>>1014419
>DC movies champion giving a single person untold power without restraint
Fixed that for you. Marvel movies are all about the shades of grey.
>>
>>1014442
Marvel movies only recently started giving a shit about that. Age of Ultron questioned the status quo of superheroes only to reaffirm that they're necessary. The Winter Soldier condemned the government doing what superheroes do because you can't trust the government but you CAN trust Captain America so we should let him do what he wants. Civil War got the closest to actually changing the status quo of it but once again sided more with Captain America, that superheroes don't need accountability and that would only slow down their absolutely flawless executions of justice.

Marvel is going in a really interesting direction from this lens though and I do really love most of these movies despite the fascist undertones that are, if we're being honest with ourselves, probably completely accidental (except in Nolan's Batman. I'm convinced Nolan wanted people to see Batman as a dangerous vigilante who needs to be reigned in throughout those movies and it's only the cultural consciousness already knowing Batman is a hero that prevents us from seeing it.)
>>
>>1010663
In terms of monetization of questing, I'd say the best route to go is to create your own website and sell ad space in addition to QMs setting up patreons. If that gets popular enough, think about buying ad space. Similar to what you said, just in a different order.

The issue here is that there really is no one place quests congregate and there are a bunch of websites for hosting quests, archives, meta information, etc. We'd need to come together and standardize some shit if we want to have any ability to attract advertisers or have advertisements be able to successfully draw in new readers.

Oh and then there's the problem of fan fiction quests not being legally allowed to make money. I'd have to pay licensing fees to Disney if I wanted any of this to happen for the quest I'm currently running.

It's all technically possible but I don't see people getting together and agreeing on things considering this is a mostly anonymous site without any kind of leadership within the community. That makes change very hard to make.
>>
>>1014442
>>1014463
>>1014442

It's weird because traditionally Marvel was the home of the dark and morally gray characters.

Its still like that now in comics. In DC you have Tomasi's Superdad. In Marvel you have Carol Danvers as the picture of a fascist superbeing.

>The movies champion giving a single person untold power without restraint and letting them act above the law

This is because Snyder is stuck in his teenager Ayn Rand phase. Remember how he changed things in the Watchmen movie to make Adrian look more like a good guy in his actions and wrote Manhattan as the poor scapegoat god that people must fear because if they didn't they would hurt themselves out of plebian incompetence.

In Grant Morrison works and Gardner Fox works you get something that takes the idea of "absolute power is good" and arrives at a different conclusion. Instead of it being good because the stupid masses need a god to look up to its good because it liberates a person from the insecurities that cause evil.

Silver age Superman: He is good because he is a human without any of the weaknesses that create evil.

Snyder Superman: He is good because he is not a human and stands apart and above them.
>>
>>1014491
That post was entirely spiteful nonsense. It's always been a bad idea, that was just finding a way to make it worse.
>>
>>1014463
>Captain America

It was more so do you trust a soldier or do you trust an army. You're supposed to identify with Cap as the average Joe against the inhuman titan of the military industrial complex. Cap doesn't want your blind trust and obedience, that's what SHIELD and the government wants. He just wants to do his job.

>Superheros don't need accountability

Cap never wanted not to be accountable. He wanted to act according to his conscience, not committee decision influenced at gunpoint.

If anything the accords were about relieving superhumans of personal responsibility for their actions by making their actions manifestations of committee will.

>Marvel movies have facist undertones

DC movies do. Marvel movies don't.

You don't have Captain America kissing Agent Carter in the rubble of a city while survivors crawl out from the wreckage.
>>
File: PSvar1.gif (904KB, 1854x936px) Image search: [Google]
PSvar1.gif
904KB, 1854x936px
>>1014781

Starship Idols is alive and well, anons.
>>
File: Veen8.jpg (69KB, 462x750px) Image search: [Google]
Veen8.jpg
69KB, 462x750px
Yo, Jedi Knight Quest is back running again.

>>1008415
>>1008415
>>1008415
>>
>>1014534
I disagree. Marvel, especially earlier Marvel movies in the MCU have huge amounts of fascist undertones. Iron Man is about a rich dude who makes a personalized weapon and goes on a killing spree in a foreign country and finds absolutely nothing wrong with that and is never given any direct consequences for it. That's about as fascist as it gets.

I'll admit the first Captain America didn't have fascist undertones since they were literally just fighting actual fascists but Winter Soldier has a lot about how Cap's intuition and conscience are to be trusted beyond all laws and rules and institutions, something at least somewhat fascist in nature although since Cap isn't being put in extreme places of power like Batman and Superman, it's less apparent.
>>
>>1014419
What the fuck are you talking about? Fascism is about strong laws and totalitarianism, superheroes that act above the law are like the opposite of fascism.
>>
>>1014892
What are you on about, superheroes are the exact opposite of fascists. Hell, the entire point of Civil War was Captain America bucking strong law and control in order to do what he thought was the right thing.

What you're thinking of is vigilantism which is the actual point of contention when it comes to superheroes.
>>
>>1014892
Are you sure you don't mean patriotic vigilantism? Because patriotism prioritizes the personal values of the citizenry over the laws that govern the country. Which isn't necessarily a good thing, but it's different than fascism. Incidentally nationalism is it's bigger badder brother with harder lines, which is closer to what you mean but also not the same.
>>
>>1014908
Fascism is also about hyperpatriotism to a government or leader and an enforcement of the law as a moral code. In Man of Steel, Superman enforces his laws or moral code by using his nearly unlimited power and this is okay because Superman is someone who will always make the right decision.

>>1014929
The fascist undertones of modern superhero movies are just that. Undertones. It's less about what the movies actually contain and more about how they frame their character's actions. in Civil War, Captain America's bucking of laws comes from his belief that his own moral code is the correct one that will never lead him astray. Taking that to its extreme, allowing Cap to act with ultimate power over the world who should adore him for his heroics, are where the fascist undertones lay.
>>
>Marvel vs DC discussion
As an aside, would anyone else love it if the DC movies just flat-out removed anything that isn't the American continent from the world map?
Those movies are Americo-centric as fuck, but occasionally feel the need to give lip service to the existence of other nations.
If it was planet America, I would have a much easier time suspending my disbelief with those movies, as I'd never feel the need to question as to why only Americans are relevant when the world is fucked yet again.
>>
>>1014980
Eh, that's just kinda a hollywood thing in general though isn't it?

To me, a lot of it is just that the movies are made in America for a primarily American audience. That's not to say these movies shouldn't try to include other countries more or make movies less Amerocentric, but it's an understandable flaw and one that we can see replicated in other foreign movie markets.
>>
File: sub_zero_by_noraht-d57ild8.jpg (202KB, 900x1367px) Image search: [Google]
sub_zero_by_noraht-d57ild8.jpg
202KB, 900x1367px
Mortal Kombat Konquest, after a holiday hiatus, is back and live!

>>1014968
>>1014968
>>1014968
>>
>>1014980
I want to just dump the whole DC movie operation. I wanted to cry when I saw that the New Gods were being reinterpreted as Cenobite Dark Souls rejects.
>>
>>1014980
I dislike the direction of DC movies in general, on the other hand I'm a huge fan of the Arrow/Flash universe.
>>
>>1015009
>Eh, that's just kinda a hollywood thing in general though isn't it?
There are plenty of movies that get it at least somewhat right. There are many high profile movies like Pacific Rim, Edge of Tomorrow or the Bourne series that get it right in a very diverse fashion. Europe and Asia is destroyed in Edge of Tomorrow, Pacific Rim has an international cast and Bourne has an American who travels all around the world and interacts with locals who are actually relevant.
This includes the MCU. Which makes the DC thing somewhat glaring, as it's their direct competition.

I'm not asking them to make accurate globetrotting, but there should come a point where they should just say "fuck it, the existence of the rest of the world has just been a detriment to our franchise through all movies, let's just remove it from canon".
Either that or do something about the fact that absolutely everything is in America,
"America first" is one thing, but even Independence Day gave you a feeling that the outside world exists. The DC movies feel like some kind of artsy movie where everyone just walled America in and decided that they don't want to have anything to do with those crazies with their superheroes and shit. (Though then there's the question about that world destroying device in the Superman movie, which was on the other side of the globe...)
>>
>>1011199
I'm actually setting up my quest right now to run today. Third one to run on /qst/

And QuestDrone returned to run very successful thread here on /qst/ before his aorta decided to tear itself apart
>>
>>1015072
>Before his aorta decided to tear itself apart

Jesus...is he okay?
>>
>>1015072
Holy fuckballs. That's what happened? I never thought QMing could be this dangerous. Did it happen during the session or after?
>>
>>1015100
The surgery was successful. Any later and he'd be a goner. Last I heard from him yesterday was that he was resting and would be in the hospital for a week or so.

Dude has had some bad luck. Tries to come back several times:
>Nerve in his back acts up making sitting down or standing agony
>Breaks his toes
>Aorta rips the day after the thread

Him and my other friend are what made me believe in bad luck and curses
>>
Following the Christmas Hiatus, Pilot Quest will be running in an hour's time!
>>
>>1015114
It does seriously sound like the universe has it out for QD.
>>
File: F-14 storm.jpg (36KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 storm.jpg
36KB, 900x600px
>>1015119
Forgot the picture
>>
>>1015124
And all that happened within a week of each other as soon as he said he was planning on returning

I'm just glad he hasn't been hit by a bus or something
>>
>>1015114
>the Curse literally trying to kill QMs now
We've gone too far
>>
File: winter_travel_anopheles.jpg (111KB, 674x273px) Image search: [Google]
winter_travel_anopheles.jpg
111KB, 674x273px
>>1015114
>>1015132
>>1015152

That reminds me of when I got Malaria back when I first started QM'ing.

Ah, memories.
>>
>>1015114
Oh fuck!

My father had an aortic dissection.

That's pretty fucking shit. Have you talked to him since?
>>
>>1015173
Yeah the day after the surgery and yesterday. Surgery was successful and now he's in the hospital for at least a week or so.

No word on when he'll be able to run again but he doesn't want to give up on it
>>
>>1015114
Poor guy has my uncle's luck. Glad he beat the close call. Tell him to keep checking in with his doctor, my uncle taught me that heart problems never really go away.
>>
>>1015106
It was an aorta dissection running down to my kidneys. Any worse, and it would be lethal. Was airlifted to the state hospital where a doctor with an East European accent stinted most of it.
>>
>>1015275

No strokes?
>>
>>1015275
You have our support QD. Although that 'most' has me concerned.
>>
>>1015275
Oh hey QD
>>
>>1015275
Something something un/lucky bastard.

Good luck on your recovery.
>>
>>1015310
Yea I woke up feeling like Neo till they took the tubes out, but they saved the heart valve and stinted most of the year. They got my chest drained and took out the drain tubes already.
>>
File: F-14 Break.jpg (26KB, 736x498px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 Break.jpg
26KB, 736x498px
Pilot Quest is up! Something something jets.

>>1015393
>>1015393
>>1015393
>>
>>1015594
>>1015594
>>1015594

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now running.
>>
File: 1443758753067.gif (136KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1443758753067.gif
136KB, 480x480px
Death Among the Stars Quest #60 is up

>>1015534
>>1015534
>>
File: Black Company Quest Cover.jpg (215KB, 642x924px) Image search: [Google]
Black Company Quest Cover.jpg
215KB, 642x924px
Black Company is ready to rock and roll.

>>1016204
>>1016204
>>1016204
>>
>>1003081
Dungeons and Dadaragons
>>
File: laugh at them.png (198KB, 389x365px) Image search: [Google]
laugh at them.png
198KB, 389x365px
>>1016586
>>
>>1015895
>>1015895

Hey, I'm running Panzer Commander for much of the weekend and change. If you like plots that drag their feet every step of the way and threads that take several hours or more per update, boy have I got the quest for you.
>>
>>1016586
What is a Dadaragon exaclty?
>>
File: guaranteedreplies.png (2MB, 720x2259px) Image search: [Google]
guaranteedreplies.png
2MB, 720x2259px
>>1016772
their attempt and combining Dadaism with rpgs. It doesn't work. From the same mind that brought you such messes as Myrmidon civ, uguumon quest, and this...masterpiece they want to replace the typical civ chart with
>>
>>1016900
I mean, at least it's pretty original and inventive. It seems like it's being original and inventive for the sake of being original and inventive, though.

Which is why so much of that is stupid.
>>
File: 1408260822314.jpg (42KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1408260822314.jpg
42KB, 500x281px
>QM Questions:
What would you say are your weak points? Both as a QM and a writer.

As a QM? My inability to run my quest on stable schedule. I love my quest and all of the players, and I hope that they will return once I'm able to find the time to run again, but given the long gaps between running I won't blame anybody for not coming back.

As a writer? I enjoy the dialogue in my writing and the character building, but I sometimes wonder whether or not I spend too much time on that and not enough progressing whatever plot is occurring. As an example, in Galaxy Quest, we spent several threads from meeting a contact to the point where we actually departed on the expedition, despite my intents to have it be a relatively quick departure. To be fair though, the bounty hunting side-quest was fun.
>>
>>1017668
Also, my updates take a god-awful amount of time. They're, as one player put it, 'Big meaty posts', which is great...but it takes a minimum of twenty to thirty minutes to put them out, and Anything less than three posts per update from me is a miracle. Players seem to like it though, so maybe I'm overthinking it.
>>
>>1017671
are you me?
>>
>>1017808
Dunno, are you currently trying to figure out how you're going to bring your quest back to life after leaving it to languish for several months, while simultaneously applying lotion to your skin in an almost obsessive compulsive manner? 'Cause if so, this is about to be either a horror or an action comedy.
>>
>>1017828
Yes-to-maybe on the first one, no on the second one.

But I do have lotion.
>>
>>1017837
Hmm...maybe a buddy cop movie, then. What quest do you run, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>1017668
>>1017671
>>1017808
>>1017828
>>1017837
>>1017847

... I think I'm feeling the same way as the two of you (Haven't run in months, Can't stay on a stable schedule, take too long to update, have terrible sense of pacing etc. etc.). It's kind of freaking me out.
>>
>>1017847
I rather not reveal myself in qtg, but I run a quest that has gone on far too long for its own good.
>>
>>1017910
Fair enough, I can understand that. Hopefully it works out, though. I personally really enjoy my quest, all the characters in it, the setting, etc., but just hate that it's been so long since I've ran.
>>
>>1017930

Same here. I want to finish mine though. Or at least get to a point where I can say "I'm good, so maybe I'll run something different in the future?"...?
>>
Hexer talks exactly how he writes.
>>
>>1018257
Poorly?
>>
>>1018261
philosophy undergraduate
>>
>>1018257
Why are you posting this here? Hexer isn't quest related.
>>
>>1018296
Your face isn't quest related.
>>
>>1018257
That actually sounds adorable.
>>
What are some quests that have well written martial arts?
>>
Reminder that this exists

http://qst.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Terms
>>
>>1018352
>The Curse
>A joke
>>
>>1018347
There haven't been any at all that I know of. I'm even including mine, since they're more magic+weapon stuff.
>>
I have a question for the players in /qst/, would you prefer a detailed description of a fight with a vague sense of how it's going or a system with stats for both you and your opponent?
>>
>>1018378
either, it's more important that whichever you do, you do WELL.
>>
>>1018378
The Raiders does both.

I have anons roll a d20 per post during a fight scene or when they're doing weirder shit than usual and this becomes their pool of actions and attacks using the MC's bonuses.

My descriptions become based on their rolls.
>>
>>1018385
>>1018386
Alright thanks for the advice, i'll try my best to implement some of your ideas into my quest
>>
>>1018352
>>1018364
Fucking niggers.
The curse is no joke. The moment I attempted questing, I started getting into trouble.
>>
The best protagonist for a quest is a mute asexual robot.
>>
File: PhotoFunia-50eef7d_o.jpg (447KB, 798x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoFunia-50eef7d_o.jpg
447KB, 798x1200px
After three months of "The Curse" kicking me square in the nuts, The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #13 is now LIVE!

>>1018630
>>1018630
>>1018630
>>
Symbiote Quest Session today maybe probably hopefully around 6:30 PM EST
>>
File: Galaxy Quest.jpg (203KB, 1202x665px) Image search: [Google]
Galaxy Quest.jpg
203KB, 1202x665px
Galaxy Quest Episode 17 is live.
>>1018885
>>
File: 1455846754698.gif (2MB, 488x272px) Image search: [Google]
1455846754698.gif
2MB, 488x272px
LGA2 is back.

>>1019024
>>
>>1018352
In hindsight, the wiki was not the best idea but eh.
>>
>>1019519
When everyone is telling you not to do a thing but you go ahead and do it anyway, it's not actually called hindsight.
>>
Akun's down again.

If anyone was reading Invincible Swordsman Quest, I'm still up to continue if it's back in an hour or so. I'll go and lose some matches of WoT or something in the meantime.
>>
>>1019868
Fuck that, it's back. Continuing.
>>
Why is it that 40k quests never seem to last long? It can't just be the curse, r-right?
>>
File: Title Card.jpg (678KB, 2000x1601px) Image search: [Google]
Title Card.jpg
678KB, 2000x1601px
New episode of Starcaller Quest is running right now!
>>1020010
>>1020010
>>1020010
>>
>>1019971
Wasn't there a Tech-Priest one that lasted awhile?

Yeah this one.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Novice%20Heretek%20Quest

That is however the only long running 40k quest I can think of. On 4chan anyway. Plenty of smut ones on akun.
>>
>>1012569
>>1012569
>>1012569
PLANTS
>>
File: 1483808263560.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483808263560.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-11-what-a-shock/uHpnYzxacinXb7PN8

Weh yuh ah seh? Get ya rassclot bumbahole inna pon here ya zimmie?
>>
Somebody toss me an idea and I'll run a fucking one shot. This is the epitome of not working on your fucking quest.
>>
>>1020039
There was also Khornette Quest back on /tg/, dunno if that counts though.

Here on /qst/ the new ones simply just don't take off. That or the QM runs out mid-session never to be heard from again.
>>
>>1020166
Hovercycle cop tries to pull over a speeding vehicle only to realize they're in the middle of kidnapping someone.
>>
>>1020166
Fast paced ultra-tech mecha fighting tournament.
>>
>>1020166
Modern Witcher Quest.
>>
>>1020174
To be fair, that happens to a lot of quests on here not just 40k.

Hell that happened a lot on /tg/ too, just you didn't see it since it just fell of the board due to higher traffic. Unlike here where things will linger dead for a week.
>>
>>1020221
Yeah maybe that's it. Looking at it from the QM perspective, I guess I wouldn't run what could be a flop if it meant everyone could see my failure for a week. Still, I feel like there's a market for non-lewd 40k that remains untapped.
>>
>>1020357
Don't count it out, brother.
>>
>>1019971
I'll probably run something tomorrow on that
>>
Fuck it /qst/ im runing a quest ill set up a thread and please check it out. I just pulled it out of my ass for like 5 hours ago and i'll do it on the fly but whatever. Im too drunk for this shit so may as well do it then. This may probably take my head off on things i don't want to think about.
>>
>>1020614
>>1020614
>>1020614
Ok folks check it out and ill wait here drinking myself just to get some might ass courage to do this things
>>
>>1001344
RWBY Quest is up!

>>1020736
>>
>>1020867
There's a RWBY quest up on akun you should just read that instead.
>>
>>1020732
fuck wrong one....i guess the alcohol really hit me now
>>
Recently came back to questing, haven't ran since /tg/ days, though. Is it just me or does it take longer for people to vote than it used to?
>>
>>1020946
/qst/ is a half dead board. It takes longer for votes to come in because unless you've collected quite a following there simply aren't near as many people.
>>
>>1020946
>>1018905
>Haven't ran since /tg/ days
>Galaxy Quest Episode 17 is live.

U w0t m8?

But yeah, it ain't just you.
>>
>>1020946
It's partly you.

If you are continuing your quest from months ago then yes you are going to have less people.

If you are starting a new quest you are naturally going to have lukewarm interest at the start.
>>
>>1020946
As long as you have a good Twitter following you should be fine. And it's great to see more old qms running again. Hopefully they'll bring more people to the board
>>
>>1020741
we need to know what the quest actually is first
>>
>>1020970
Idk I started a quest on here and used to go by a different name on /tg/ and both got about the same traction. I manage to get at least 3 votes within 10 minutes consistently. That's all you need to keep going IMO.

Also, anonkun has a podcast. Should /qst/ make a podcast? Would that be a good thing to build the community of would it spread cancer?
>>
>>1021415
>Should /qst/ make a podcast
You'd get the same people on the /qst/ podcast as the Akun podcast, honestly.

No point.
>>
>tfw stay up late for quest and no quest
>>
>>1021489
QM fall asleep?
>>
>>1021489

>tfw spend oodles of time on quest and no fans
>>
File: 1403161020211.jpg (382KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1403161020211.jpg
382KB, 1920x1440px
>>1021658
That's what alcohol is for, friend.
>>
>>1021658
Have you tried writing a good quest?
>>
>>1021725
Not yet
>>
>>1021551
buried under snow, apparently.
>>
>>1020187
Do people here like tournaments?
>inb4 "if it's done in an interesting way"
>>
>>1021725
Lost Island isn't a bad quest. Not my cup of tea, but still, not a bad quest.
>>
>>1022061
Nah. Too much spectating when it isn't your turn is boring.

>Watch Fight
>Fiddle with your phone
>Go to a hotdog stand
>Write in
>>
>>1022078
Why not play as multiple characters?
>>
>>1022084
That is an option to break up the monotony. Not many quests change perspectives though.
>>
>>1022093
take inspiration from wrestling. offer them the opportunity to cheat, have their opponents try to ambush them backstage etc
>>
>>1022078
See, that's about what I expected.
I've been sitting on an idea about a one-shot where you're in a non-elimination tournament; that is, you and the other contestants would run around the city trying to get as many points as possible rather than compete in an organized bracket style.
My worry, aside from how dreadfully boring my writing style could execute it, is that the players would run the MC ragged trying to get as many points as possible, instead of resting once on a while.
>>
>>1022099
>is that the players would run the MC ragged trying to get as many points as possible, instead of resting once on a while.

Toss in a Fatigue stat. They'll wise up pretty quickly. Though I can understand if want to stay away from too many numbers if this is more narrative one shot.
>>
>>1022104
>>1022098
>>1022084
I like these ideas too.

Mechanics wise, I was thinking to have all the crunching being done "behind the scenes," my dice roller is more fair than 4chan dice, favoring the middle range instead of wildly bouncing between highs and lows but that requires a bit of trust; not something a new QM running a one-shot could necessarily attain just on principle. At the same time, I believe the players wouldn't have to worry about numbers and could just play how they want, thus creating a more enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
>>
File: 01b8d348bfdbfe6cb29ad868f5960ed5.jpg (924KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
01b8d348bfdbfe6cb29ad868f5960ed5.jpg
924KB, 1600x1200px
The Raiders begins: >>1022255
>>
Alright /qtg/, gimme one good reason I shouldn't abandon my quest forever and just play videogames
>>
>>1022381
I dunno dude, are you having fun or not? QMing isn't something people do to show off their literary prowess or to attention whore, especially considering how dead the questing scene is nowadays. Most QMs I think do it to have fun, because they enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it, then just go and play video games.
>>
>>1022381

Finish your quest with the shittiest summary possible.
>>
>>1022381
Nah, just give it up. If one is more fun than the other your quest is already doomed.
It can also take multiple tries to figure out what kind of quest is fun for you to run.
Similarly, the quest that is fun for you to run isn't necessarily the most popular or fun idea for other people, but if those are things you're thinking about in direct inseparable correlation to your level of fun you're still doomed.
If you can't do it for yourself in a way that's entertaining you're not really QMing... just writefagging to kill time with the input of half-hearted bozos.
>>
>>1022381
You pretty much already have, Soma.
>>
>>1022381
the children in africa, man. They go every day without quests or waifus. It's a simple life but is it really better when you don't have quest waifus to bitch about?
>>
>>1022269
>Pixix Fantasia Wizard and Knight
>Wizard

Is that like, a kick-wizard? Because I'm totally cool with that but I need to know what kind of sorcery this is.
>>
Hey, did Banished Quest ever list a reason why some souls were 'heavier' than others and so had more magical potential? Aside from descent from the gods: the random variance in souls.
>>
>>1001344
>QM Questions
I'm fetish-driven

>Player Question:
because its fetish-driven (Homunculus civ was so good)
>>
>>1022587
SO. MANY. FETISHES.
>>
>>1022078
>>1022061

JQ had a tournament, but you only spectated one fight. It wasn't a bad tournament, but it took up so goddamn much of the Quest.
>>
>>1022621
And everyone died
The end
>>
>>1022439
Yes, She's a kick wizard.

Author doesn't give much info on her yet, unless you want to struggle thought Pixv.
>>
Is three kingdoms quest ded?
>>
>>1022655
I doubt I'd gain much, not being a scholar of Japanese culture and language myself. I do however suddenly regret the fact there's no way my setting could contain her level of awesomeness. Because god damn is that awesome.
>>
File: 450cfd15f72744f407a5e393f0bdfcaa.jpg (732KB, 1000x1350px) Image search: [Google]
450cfd15f72744f407a5e393f0bdfcaa.jpg
732KB, 1000x1350px
>>1022689
We got the bio on the knight, just not the kick wizard.

I think she's a devil-girl kick wizard, because that knight reeks of holy.
>>
>>1022673
Yes
>>
File: certain doom.jpg (799KB, 2860x2748px) Image search: [Google]
certain doom.jpg
799KB, 2860x2748px
How do I not instantly burn out after the first session like a fucking shitstain?
>>
>>1022864
Sounds like a personal problem that only you can really answer.
>>
>>1022864
If you've only got one session in ya, you can't.
>>
File: 31337.jpg (86KB, 622x320px) Image search: [Google]
31337.jpg
86KB, 622x320px
Second Day of The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #13 is now LIVE.

>>1018630 (Cross-thread)
>>1018630 (Cross-thread)
>>1018630 (Cross-thread)

>P.S. The Curse is real.
>>
File: Elodie Rosetta Zumwalt2.jpg (243KB, 1280x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Elodie Rosetta Zumwalt2.jpg
243KB, 1280x1039px
LGA2 is alive and well.

>>1023221
>>
>>1022864
You know that pain you felt when you started it? Yeah focus on that
Gain pleasure from it
Then give the pain to others who read your quest
>>
For anybody interested, Galaxy Quest Episode 17 is live again.

>>1018885
>>
Sorry to disappoint my players but A Safe Haven Quest will not be running this afternoon given sudden scheduling issues and college suddenly slapping me in the face. I hope you all can understand.
>>
File: poor jeb.jpg (483KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
poor jeb.jpg
483KB, 2048x1365px
>>1022864
It's more common that you'd think.
>>
>>1022644

Yes. That's the funny part, it was all about fighting for the favour of magical waifus. Then every last one of them and their white knights died in horrible depressing ways. Par for the course really.
>>
Nazis in Fantasyland updated. It's a reboot of the original run on /tg/. You need to register to view the thread. It's gay I know, but that's just how it is.

Pitch: Wehrmacht expedition from 1939 gets sent into a fantasy world with the hopes of providing a means of letting Germany not only prosper, but potentially rule the world.

https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/nazis-in-fantasyland.4409/page-28#post-1043265
>>
Starcaller Quest is up! We're getting ready to party on a war-torn planet where people regularly disappear without a trace!
>>1024912
>>1024912
>>1024912
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12065130
http://www.strawpoll.me/12065149

More scientific research
>>
>>1025070
Trick got two votes. He's multiplying. We have to kill them while it's contained.
>>
There is a HUGE lack of participation in my quest... please help, as I really want to run 'Psychic Monkey; the Quest'

>>1025943
>>
>>1026046

>There is a HUGE lack of participation in my quest

>see 8 unique posters

That's double my quest.
>>
File: 1394655643278.jpg (708KB, 548x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1394655643278.jpg
708KB, 548x1000px
The Raiders continues finally....

Strong half-orc subbes, delicate githyanki gish, and a ht blooded warrior who should be on the run, oh my~
>>
>>1025070
>More dedicated readers than players
But why?
>>
>>1026462
Better effort-to-satisfaction to just read than participate I believe.
>>
>>1026458
Or not. Fucking storm gods fucking up my place. Looking at you, Susano-Oh.
>>
>>1025070
bullshit, there's no way there's more dedicated players than casual players.
>>
>>1026535
The poll represents QTG, not /qst/ as a whole
>>
>>1026554
Which is the only part of /qst/ that can be said to be fluid. Players who don't look in here probably don't look at the rest of the board besides the quest they followed from /tg/.
>>
File: the basic kof cycle.png (69KB, 670x208px) Image search: [Google]
the basic kof cycle.png
69KB, 670x208px
The Last Day of The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #13 is now LIVE.

>>1018630
>>1018630
>>1018630
>>
>>1026756

>Post an update
>Thread doesn't show I posted an update
>Catalog says an update was posted
>Refresh the page in the thread
>Still doesn't show update or any new replies

NISHIMURAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>1022587
CyclopsOP?
>>
File: Chapter Master.jpg (414KB, 849x600px) Image search: [Google]
Chapter Master.jpg
414KB, 849x600px
Chapter Master Quest returns if any of you old hands are lurking. New players always welcome.

>>1026936
>>1026936
>>1026936
>>
File: MysteryMaster.jpg (189KB, 1290x975px) Image search: [Google]
MysteryMaster.jpg
189KB, 1290x975px
>>1008415
>>1008415
>>1008415

Jedi Knight Quest is back, bitches.
>>
Random topic: What's your favor dice system, if any?

Personally, I'm not a fan of dice at all, but if need be, I prefer 1d100, best of 3, no crits.

There's also this 'degrees of success/failure' that few use but I think is okay.
>>
>>1027626
I don't have a particular favorite yet.

I'd like to see one that uses 3 sets of 3d6, but that's more for experimentation than really believing it's better.
>>
>>1008264
Flattered that you think so, and I did start Bladebound for similar reasons as to why you miss it. I couldn't find a medieval quest I could sink my teeth into, so I just decided to make my own.

I plan to resume doing that soon. Very, very soon. Maybe within a week if I can. Hopefully I can manage my time better while I plan and plot accordingly.
>>
Its times like this that I wish Mr. Wong had a twitter or some way to contact him
>>
>>1027626
I like it when modifiers are a large factor based on the MC's skills to encourage playing to our strengths but hide the modifiers from the players to make them actually have to think about their choices strategically. It's really annoying when the MC is established as really good at something but gets a mediocre roll so they act like a retard to justify a failure at something they're supposed to be good at.
>>
>>1027626
Personally, I have my players roll 3d10 and then take the totals from the first three players to vote. Typically anything 15 or above is a success, barring difficult or particularly easy rolls. Two successes or failures result in a regular of whichever has more, and three result in either a great success or a critical failure. That said, I tend to have the success and failures make sense in context, example: MC is in combat and gets a failure, he doesn't accomplish what he wanted to but he'll probably damage the enemy to a lesser extent and take greater damage, flip that around to success and he might take a small amount of damage to his shields, but he accomplishes what he set out to do.

>>1028229
I'm definitely a fan of having modifiers to various skills. The modifiers to the MC of my quest aren't hidden, but I don't tend to advertise them in the thread, either. You have to go to the character sheet to see them. Typically if the MC fails a roll on something simple that he's supposed to be good at, like basic combat medicine, outside forces will be largely responsible for the situation worsening, and he'll get at least one more roll to try and turn the situation around before the true fail state sets in.
>>
>>1028278
Yeah the only quest that really does what I'm talking about is Broken Sky Online. Basically if we get a mediocre roll at something we're skilled at we'll still succeed but we're likely to take some damage in the process. I don't really know the specifics because it's all hidden from the players but it's really well done.
>>
>>1028278
>>1028318
So sort of a "safety net" to prevent someone with so say Spider-Man's agility slipping on a banana peel due to a bad roll? I like this idea. I think we ought to encourage it.
>>
>>1028331
Right. But if we roll poorly when doing something stupid or something we're inexperienced at it should totally be a harsh failure.
>>
File: tegaki.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
3KB, 400x400px
test
>>
>>1028331
That's the kind of horseshit that shouldn't be rolled at all. Nobody demands rolling for walking or farting, shit that's guaranteed to work anyway should just go through.
>>
If you could go back to /tg/, would you do it?
>>
>>1028507
If the residents /tg/ ignored the move and wouldn't bitch at all sure.

But we both know shit would get toxic if we were allowed back.
>>
>>1028507
yes, but I should note that the quests I follow generally kept under the radar of anti-quest drama.

It uh, helps when the OP pic/title is not blatantly anime.
>>
I miss the speed and player variety of /tg/, but I don't miss the board at all.
>>
>>1028507
Yes.
>>
>>1026970
No, Valencia lol. I just really love CyclopsOP's quests.
>>
>>1028642

Shipgirl Commander session is running.
>>
>>1019027
Does Lafayette Girls Academy have any French tanks and stereotypes or is it another American school?
>>
>>1028645
LGA itself is American, but there have been a number of French tanks in matches in the past (mainly Somuas, Renaults and a few Char B1s). We're in the NATO West league which is only North and South America though, so we've not played against any French teams yet, and we haven't got any on our team, at least not so far.
>>
>>1028654
Has the MC's team used any French tanks?
>>
>>1028655
> We haven't got any on our team, at least not so far.
The first LGA quest had a Somua S-35 on the team though. Frankly, I hope we don't get any, they're really not up to snuff/competitive in Tankery's late-war dominated meta.
>>
>>1028656
Wow, that's pretty dull. So is that quest is 178 threads of "ITT: americans rehash GuP in America"?

Like, why would the QM not think "Lafayette" and spring on the chance to have a French school that can fight the other Japanese schools instead of doing GuP but with English speakers?
>>
>>1028658
>So is that quest is 178 threads of "ITT: americans rehash GuP in America"?

It's Schteel, so yes.
>>
>>1028654
So where did Mexico get the money to buy tanks (did you know there is zero record of them making or using any tanks at all?) in this NATO league?
>>
>>1028662
Oh wait, NATO stand for "North ATLANTIC." Well, I look silly now.
>>
>>1028658
> Wow, that's pretty dull.
Not really, in fact it's actually far more interesting than just transplanting a single foreign school into the japanese league because reasons.

The reason LGA's american is probably because Schteel's a yank, and felt much more comfortable writing something he knew rather than making a hamfisted attempt at trying to write from the perspective of a nationality and culture he isn't part of.

The first one's kind of a rehash of GuP in the one line synopsis "Girl must form tankery team and win tournament to save her school", but it's well executed and differs enough on the achieving of that one line to keep things interesting and fresh.

Also, the 2nd LGA is set 2 years later, has a new MC, a new team+league and a different story with different stakes.

If you just want a GuP quest with a French School though, run it. That's the only way you'll get the perfect quest for you.

>>1028662
Funny you should mention that, the Pan-South American team is chronically underfunded and poorly equipped and mainly get by on talent and determination in spite of their shitty little tankettes. NATO doesn't contain teams for all nations, only for those that have Academy ships.
>>
>>1028664
>The reason LGA's american is probably because Schteel's a yank, and felt much more comfortable writing something he knew rather than making a hamfisted attempt at trying to write from the perspective of a nationality and culture he isn't part of.
What's hard about writing "X culture with Y tanks from that culture but everyone speaks Nipponese"?
>>
>>1028664
>That's the only way you'll get the perfect quest for you.
Or GS could change the name to something less misleading and more American sounding.
>>
File: [judges you in Kikongo].jpg (14KB, 418x354px) Image search: [Google]
[judges you in Kikongo].jpg
14KB, 418x354px
>>1028668
>less misleading and more American sounding
I don't think you realize how many things are named "Lafayette" in the US.
>>
>>1028665
Oh I thought you meant a French team in the Japanese league rather than a Japanese team that does the French stereotypes thing. Because that already exists, there's Maginot and BC Freedom already in the 'canon' and running a quest in a preexisting school's a bit boring.

>>1028668
Lafayette comes from in-universe the Marquis de Lafayette (admittedly a Frenchman but one who played a notable role in the American War of Independence) but out of universe, it's a pun on Schteel's part, the original quest's MC's surname being Gertrude Pool, and combined with Lafayette from the school name making "Lafayette G. Pool", a man generally considered the most accomplished US tanker of WW2.
>>
>>1028670
The gay bars?
>>
>>1028672
Towns, streets, schools, parks, and a myriad of other things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_du_Motier,_Marquis_de_Lafayette
>>
When I hear "Lafayette" I think of a french pirate with frilly sleeves. Is the MC a pirate as well? Does she have a tank that can fire broadsides?
>>
>>1028677
I live in a CITY called Lafayette. It's seriously a thing here.
>>
>>1028686
Wow, you live in a town they dedicated to a french pirate. I'm so sorry... I imagine it must be terrible.
>>
>>1028687
Would you have preferred it to be called von Steuben? Or perhaps Rochambeau?
>>
File: your typical frenchie.jpg (122KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
your typical frenchie.jpg
122KB, 960x540px
>tfw you hate the French and recently binged GuP
>interested to see if Girls und Panzer quests are on 4chan
>wouldn't you know it, there's a quest with a french name in the title
>expect hours upon hours of french girls going, "hon hon hon, our tank has gone to merde from our inferior engineering yet again! c'est la vie."
>bonding with teammates and rivals over your defeat by breaking bread to go with the wine and cheese
>explaining your Sensha-do way to people over wine and cheese
>delving into the catacombs of the ship with that bitch who slighted you with promises of wine and cheese
>intense lesbian sex scenes with insertions of wine and cheese
>battle after battle of us losing to teams with german tanks
>make that ALL teams with any tanks
>frenchgirlscrying.jpg

>instead it's a bunch of americans sullying our country's rep by naming one of their vessels after a frenchie
>>
>>1028687
It's okay, actually.
>>
>>1028664
>felt much more comfortable writing something he knew rather than making a hamfisted attempt at trying to write from the perspective of a nationality and culture he isn't part of.
But all the schools in GuP are Japs playing at being other nationalities. It's a zero knowledge required field, just throw in references.
>>
Oh man I wasn't expecting to wake up to discussion of my quest in the morning.
>>
>>1028755
Does it make you feel all tingly on the inside?
>>
>>1028756
Actually I have a very intense stomach ache so no.
>>
File: tumblr_oi48imlDov1vdbx3no1_500.jpg (98KB, 719x607px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oi48imlDov1vdbx3no1_500.jpg
98KB, 719x607px
Any ideas how to turn this into a quest?

I was thinking somekidn of battle of the review, with the highest received album by the order of elimination can win their way into the Grammys or something. Or maybe I just made it open ended?

People needs to make their own reviews and album, so with those two workloads I think its going to be too much for a slow board
>>
>>1029024
Dude what the hell. This isn't quests at all.
>>
>>1029024
Try a different board.
>>
>>1029024
You should try it out regardless.
>>
Which QM should just quit?
>>
>>1029274
All of us.
>>
Episode 18 of Galaxy Quest is now live.
>>1029284
>>
Just want to confirm that Alchemical Blade Quest Mission 14 will begin today three hours from now!
>>
Someone needs to do a Power Rangers/Sentai quest
>>
>>1029318
Joker Quest has it covered.
>>
After many delays, another session of Starcaller Quest is running!
>>1029461
>>1029461
>>1029461
>>
Modern Necromancy Quest: Redux is back from the dead!
>>1030144
>>1030144
>>1030144
Come help Liz Shepherd learn to protect herself with the ancient and annoying difficult art of Warding!
>>
>1030603

Norseman Saga, Vol. 8 is live
>>
>>1030666

>>1030603

I'm a fucking idiot. Read my quest now that it's actually linked.
>>
Alchemical Blade Quest is now up and running! Do you enjoy cyberpunk, magic in said cyberpunk, espionage, conspiracies, and high octane action of slicing tanks apart with sharp pointy objects? Then you make like it!

>>1030425

Know about Exalted? Then you may tangentially enjoy this as it's set within the Modern version of it!
>>
File: 1484073950001.gif (2MB, 640x344px) Image search: [Google]
1484073950001.gif
2MB, 640x344px
If you follow Symbiote I'm doing a sorta celebratory non canon one off Smut scene mainly because 100 up boats and on the side cause I need practice

http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-11-what-a-shock/uHpnYzxacinXb7PN8
>>
>>1028148
>Manage my time better
Kaz.. buddy it's never going to get better.
>>
Last round of insufferably shit and imprecise scientific research before this falls off.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12081343
http://www.strawpoll.me/12081348
http://www.strawpoll.me/12081357
>>
>>1031721
yeah we haven't had any quest get REALLY shitposted in for a while now.
>>
>>1031795
It's a shame really.
>>
I want to run a short drawquest, but all the concepts I come up with are more long-running ideas. i couldn't do them justice in a short run. How do I get ideas for a short, fun drawquest?
>>
>>1031864
I'd say to just think of a one sentence, daily life thing.
>>
>>1031864
Just free form it
>>
File: 1483836325278.jpg (17KB, 169x189px) Image search: [Google]
1483836325278.jpg
17KB, 169x189px
>Start a quest
>Stop updating because I feel weird

How do I continue writing? I always manage to start a quest with a decent amount of players then I just stop updating. Should I just stop making quests?
>>
>>1032288
I mean, if your heart's not in it, then there's no advice I can give you. You have to motivate yourself to write. Now if it's a matter of not being able to think up more plot, that's a different thing altogether. If you can't think of what to write about, just look at works of fiction that you like and rip them off blatantly like I do.
>>
>>1032288
>>1032288

Are you autistic?

Do you mean you feel self conscious?

Look, writing a quest is like walking down the street naked and strutting your stuff like you're a model.

Except for your brain and talent at writing as opposed to your body.

If you don't have fun/don't like writing you should stop completely but if it makes you feel better you're a stupid piece of shit.
>>
>>1032293
I already borrow from some fantasy books though

>>1032294
Thanks for the advice sempai
Thread posts: 681
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.