[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question, can janitors see posters IPs and see who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: v goes to a party.png (2MB, 1786x1030px) Image search: [Google]
v goes to a party.png
2MB, 1786x1030px
Quick question, can janitors see posters IPs and see who is samefaggin?
>>
Yes. Good trips.
>>
No. Bad trips.
>>
>>990556
>>990558
So which one is it? Fucking hell, can a mod or jani answer me.
>>
>>990559
I'm pretty certain they can see who's on the same IP, but not the actual IPs. Not even mods can see IPs, I know this because I asked a mod why I got banned and he told me I had to give him my IP so he could look it up. And you should never trust the words of someone who thinks trips are bad anyway.

Personally I like to samefag constantly despite all this because I know a janitor can't call me out on it or he'll lose his job.
>>
>>990555
>Quick question, can janitors see posters IPs
Mods can. Janitors can see part of the IP (the first three numbers, I think), but not the whole thing.

>and see who is samefaggin?
IP address doesn't prove anything, because it can change: the same person can have different IPs at different IPs at different times (or even the same time, if they have the right setup), and different people can have the same IP at different times. You can use it to establish some confidence, but it is not proof.
>>
>>990555
We can see your penis. We can see all posters penis and we base our decisions on whether to ban/delete posts based on your penis aesthetic
>>
>>990593
So that's why I never get banned.
>>
File: good job.jpg (324KB, 1098x2633px) Image search: [Google]
good job.jpg
324KB, 1098x2633px
>>
>>990574
You had to give him your IP because he can't see your IP through IRC unless he's an oper or you have hostmasking disabled. Mods can definitely see your IP on 4chan, janitors probably not.
>>
Jannys can't see your IP. They can only tell if someone is samefagging if they want to file a ban request on a poster and it'll then say "x pending ban requests". Other than that, there's no way to know for janny.

t. former janny
>>
>>990609
No, this wasn't on IRC. It was on /qa/. Yeah, for some reason this was the rare occasion where a mod actually interacted with people on /qa/.
>>
>>990621
fair enough
>>
>>990607
It's likely that it's changed since, moot did a lot of large overhauls of the moderation system in that time
>>
>>990613
You're the guy from the other day, I'm guessing?
>>
>>990613
Why did you quit?
>>
>>990643
Context?
>>
>>990659
A poster said they were a janitor, and said moderation is terrible because there aren't enough people to do it (which everyone knew already, and that's why it wasn't a bigger deal). He got banned and all his posts were deleted. They even deleted the posts from archive websites.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.