[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in still using 4chan? The website is full

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: ricebowl01.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ricebowl01.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
Is there any point in still using 4chan?

The website is full of newfags, redditors, normalfags and women.

The quality of posts is extremely low and there are many alternatives that offer a better imageboard experience than what 4chan is right now.

I'm trying to think of good reasons to stay here but I can't.
>>
>>880557
Then fuck off
>>
>>880560
this, no one cares if you're upset
>>
>>880560
>>880568
I'm not asking for you to care me or change things to fit my own personal needs like most on this board do, I'm merely asking what are the upsides of still using 4chan in the face of what I wrote on the Op.
>>
>>880573
go fuck yourself
>>
>>880557
>And women.
Autistic women are some of the most fascinating people.
Everything else. Ya, I only come back because it's unique and you don't get anything like it anywhere else.
>>
>>880573
Some people still get something out of it
>>
>>880576
99% of the women on 4chan who are not actually boys are attention whores.
>>
>>880578
>He spends his life on /r9k/
It's obvious which posters are women and which one are men. You don't need someone attention whoring to tell if you can read between the lines.
>>
>>880557
>complaining about women
Speaking as a man, their posts are, on the whole, several levels better than men's.
>>
>>880557
>and there are many alternatives that offer a better imageboard experience than what 4chan is right now
Like? Spoonfeed me.
>>
>>880586
No. That not only is against the rules and would earn me a two week ban, but also, we don't want newfags in the dark reaches of the internet.
>>
>>880557
See this is why alternative sites fail.

The very thing you're asking for OP is not a division of topics, or content. It's a division between types of people that you seek.

When you think about it that is the very same division most people seek when they venture out to alternative imageboards. Yet none of them is actually created to imply that it would be any better than 4chan at filtering people out.
So the reason to keep using 4chan is more accurately summed up as a lack of reasons to switch to an alternative that will just die eventually or stay stagnant.

Either we truly are doomed to stay here forever, or something entirely new is needed. Whether that thing is a completely new kind of rule set for imageboards, new technology to achieve what is needed, some kind of movement for people to unite behind, or just a new internet messaging system altogether.

Unfortunately it seems the vast majority of people in a position to create something new tend to basically focus their efforts on creating a 4chan clone and saying "look, we're different because we have different mods and incidentally our current community is cool! Come join us" instead of trying to even figure out what it really is that they want in the first place and coming up with new ideas.
>>
>>880557
Why are you asking a bunch of newfags, redditors, normalfags, and women why they browse this site
>>
>>880560
kore
>>
>>880557
>The website is full of newfags, redditors, normalfags and women.
Cry more dumb /a/utist
>>
>>880557
The one thing 4chan has over other imageboards is posting speed.

So you're probably a speed addict.
>>
>>880557

Anonymity and the fact that no names or personalities means no circlejerks or people you have to kiss up to. I think 4chan is also for the large part still comfortable with sexual tastes that aren't mainstream and most people will either have the same tastes or not give a damn, unlike other places where you'd have people getting up to criticize you for enjoying something even minutely bizarre and others remain quiet for fear of being called out. Yeah, 4chan is starting to get some of those people, but they're the minority and as long as rules aren't being broken they can't do shit.

I also can't say that alternative imageboards are going to be as populated as 4chan or share some of it's "culture". There is an imageboard I frequent and while it looks like 4chan, you can tell the people on it came from other sites or don't post on it like they would 4chan.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.