[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does posting a thread about Kerbal Space Program on /vg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: ksp-concept.jpg (117KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
ksp-concept.jpg
117KB, 800x500px
Threads with the words "kspg" or "kerbal" in the subject immediately autosage.

From the archives, it looks like someone is deleting threads indiscriminately, including on topic ones.

I've heard stories come out of that general like "the first ban I ever got on 4chan was for ban evasion" and "the janitor threatens us and then deletes the general and says it was because of toxic memes"

Anyone care to comment on this?
>>
*If the subject has "kspg" you'll be banned immediately, if it has kerbal anywhere in the OP, the thread will autosage.
>>
That game is broken, the developers didn't make it properly. I don't blame mods for banning it. It's a shame if even one more person pays money for it on Steam imo.
>>
because /vg/ is the Video Game Generals board and not the Is Cat Fellatio Rape? board, that shit simply doesn't belong there. When a thread would go to the normal bump limit, no more than 20 posts would be about the actual subject, the rest would be blatant avatarfagging and sneaking in /b/-grade faggotry under the guise of "shitposting". The mods have every right to delete this shameful husk of what was once a quite homely general. I'm sure snekfag or remilia or another discord faggot tries to pull the Max/Angry/MAN/black-sheep-of-the-week card on me for this post, but fuck that and fuck you for letting it get to this state.
>>
>>665001
Fuckoff Maxmaps stop trying to kill our general

if you're not happy, the solution is to leave, not beg mods to delete it and report every thread

Now we have an insane janny who thinks he can outlaw generals and that's all your fault.
>>
I legitimately want to talk about ksp but I can't because of the vendetta the mods have against kept. Other generals like StarCraft are full of spam but they do not get deleted. I don't see why most gets special treatment. Get rid of the rule breakers, not the thread.
>>
>>664926
Because it devolved into more raiding than playing video games.

Hopefully /gsg/ will be next.
>>
>>665044
>raiding
We didn't raid, we discussed our game and linked to things worthy of discussion. I think we got accused of raising like 3 times over the last 2 years. The guy who promoted the dev streams just wanted people to watch them and discuss, not raid. The "burning" desire to see topics get discussed is not a reason to end a general.
>>
>>665044
Talexgrandi
>>
>>665044
you only had to report and ignore
>>
>>665044
Just don't talk about our interests or memes and we will leave you alone
>>
>>665044
t. johan
>>
>>665044
T.Victor(ia) of the Official /gsg/ Liqourd
>>
>>665044
t. urk
>>
Justice

Truth
>>
File: kspg (7).jpg (423KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
kspg (7).jpg
423KB, 1366x768px
>>664926

I've been a user of /kspg/ since 2013 and can tell you exactly what happened.

For a long time, there was plenty of content and squad's incompetence to complain about.
The thread was constantly alive with people posting about the game, asking how to do shit, showing off their red rockets and OC, complaining about Squad being slow as balls, forum drama, etc. The game received periodic updates and there were plenty of new people coming in.
Well, the most "recent" update to the game was supposedly the final one. (multiplayer never) The only thing that kept the thread alive was speculation about how bad the console versions are going to be and shitposting about snakes.

The mods didnt like the fact that there was a video game general filled with snake sex and not talking about KSP much anymore; so they made /kspg/ a banned phrase.

With a new update to the game adding satellite networks and more tweakables, as well as the release of console versions right around the corner, there's a reason for the thread to exist again. So hopefully the mods will lift that ban.

Probably not a good idea before the update drops though.

Hawe fun.

ps: fuck you Max
>>
File: 20160912_155447.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160912_155447.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>665544
>snake sex

Excuse you my snake is pure.
>>
what the fuck seriously?
genocide the moderation staff
>>
File: image.png (1003KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1003KB, 750x1334px
>>665727
We'd appreciate any help you or anyone else can provide to shed light on this alarming situation.
>>
Idea:
Call the thread /kpg/.
Say "Kerpal" instead of "kerbal".

Problem solved.
>>
>>665640
What kind of snake is that?
>>
File: double boop.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
double boop.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>666173
She is a ball python
>>
>>666005

I remember getting banned quite a few times for posting on topic stuff. Is there more ways to bring this genocide to light?
>>
Did this ever happen to the SC2 general? They have been shitposting ever since /vg/ was created.
>>
>>666652
Well, janitors and mods have deleted threads based on personal subjective opinions.

This is usually a sign they are no longer reinforcing the system, but instead manipulating it for their own gain.

Coincidentally, the mod stepped up activity when ksp hit 1.0, and hasn't really stopped since.
>>
I don't understand how anyone can play a game that the developers admit is fundamentally broken and won't be fully playable
>>
>>666737
But anon, it's done, so every bug must be a problem with the users computer or Unity :^)

It can't be the devs fault that for example on my computer Linux+AMD card+game version with old Unity works but Linux+AMD card+game with new Unity does not.

Surely what takes more work? Me buying a new graphics card/installing Wangblows/downgrading to old KSP version or the devs sitting down to do bugfixing? We really shouldn't inconvenience the hard working people of Squad by forcing them to compensate for our poorly thought out setups. Hell, for the symbolic €40 we should be glad the Linux and Mac versions exist at all!
>>
>>666752
Can we please keep this thread on topic? We are discussing our insane mod so that his inappropriate use of the moderation system to promote his opinions is identified and fixed.

Then we can go back to posting about KSP.
>>
>>666990
I think the mods are deleting the threads because of the reasons in those posts,, Anon.

The game simply doesn't work and isn't worthy of discussion except to say how shitty it is that they released a broken game.

Maybe mod(s) accidentally paid for the game and are now mad about it, like tens of thousands of other people.
>>
>>667008
Millions. And they try to shill it off at $40. It's an injustice. The general exists to keep the dream of the original investors alive and to spread awareness about what spending your money on the game means. Also, it happens to be the best thing about the KSP community and is full of comfortable, on-topic posts that go deep into space and physics and awesome mindbending mods and occasionally making fun of people who can't wrap their heads around the idea of orbital velocity.

We wish to live. Let us.
>>
Idea:
Call the thread /kpg/.
Say "Kerpal" instead of "kerbal".

Problem solved.
>>
>>667678
OK Kasper
>>
>>666061
>>667678

1.2 is out, /kspg/ is a legitimate general again. Everyone start making threads that reference the censorship until we're allowed to PROPERLY SPELL the name of our general.
>>
Hopefully /qa/ can stop raiding /pol/ for long enough to read its own threads soon
>>
>>665544
>mods use their position as a personal soapbox to ban what they don't like

Is literally anybody surprised?
>>
>>671374
yr chatroom is shit and your gay
>>
>>667674
>when you paid $7 for KSP and have enjoyed it as a time-waster for years
>>
This one thread lasted longer than at least 5 kspg threads. Genocide is never the answer.
>>
>>672562
Hasn't it actually lasted longer than several dozen threads?
>>
>>672562
>>672575
Yes.

But the autodelete is back up now. Posting /kspg/ gets you an immediate ban for spamming.
>>
It's still deleting threads
>>
>>664926
What the fuck
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.