[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>They deleted /z/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: 1432483450219.gif (607KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
1432483450219.gif
607KB, 250x249px
>They deleted /z/
>>
I don't see why people care since it hasn't been an actual board in over a decade.
>>
They also deleted /yg/ and /fk/
>>
>>427918

Because 4chan used to have a lot of history and easter eggs scattered around.
A lot of old sites have pages that almost no one visits but are left up just because they dont take up much space.

The text boards, /fk/, /z/, etc were fun easter eggs that were a reminder of older times.
It's a disturbing trend somewhat recently to just start removing all this stuff for no good reason.

I wouldnt be surprised if the rules page, faq, and archives are all rewritten and have sections deleted soon.
>>
File: slowpoke.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
>>427911
>>
>>427911
nice dubs
Do people lie about reaching ;e zee board
>>
They deleted /z/ literally over a year ago, before Hiro took over. If you wanted to complain you should have done it back then, because now it's too late.
>>
RIP /z/. The board really is gone now.
>>
>>427953
this. it happened how long ago? a year?
>>
>>427930
>>427948
>>429050
what exactly were these boards, /z/ /fk/ and /yg/? i never saw them
>>
>>429089
For quite a few years before it was deleted, /z/ just took you to a picture of bees on some guy's dick, which is a reference to SomethingAwful. Before that, though, it was apparently another version of /b/, but the difference is a random Anonymous was given administrative power over it. So they could make it look however they want, ban whoever they want, etc. Naturally this only worked because the site was much smaller back then.
>>
>>427948
The rules page could use a rewrite because half of them are obsolete or never enforced
>Rule 3
There are entire boards dedicated to posting shitposts and racism outside of /b/, like [s4s], /pol/, /r9k/. Instead of exempting those boards from a rule that specifically mentions /b/, it should just mention none or all the boards.
>Rule 6
Vaguest rule in existence, just exists to ban people for no reason
>Rule 7
I have never seen any deletions bans for announcing sage/report
>Rule 8
Never enforced, this entire board breaks that rule
>Rule 10
People evade filters all the time and nobody gives a shit
>Rule 17
With the introduction of WebMs with sound, part of this rule is obsolete
>Rule 13
Depending on the board, people avatarfag all the time. Arguably tripfagging across threads breaks this rule
>>
>>427948
The rules should be re-written, same with the FAQ.
GR3 is a damn dinosaur. It needs to be changed.
>>
File: 1433472173160.jpg (36KB, 550x633px) Image search: [Google]
1433472173160.jpg
36KB, 550x633px
>>429106
>spoonfeeding
>>
>>429209
This board is for answering questions, you blithering idiot.
>>
>>429215
No mods or admins have ever set a specific topic to this board. It doesn't even have local rules. moot created this board only because he wanted to do a Q&A. This is not /new/ - Spoonfeeding newfags.
>>
>>429229
>This is not /new/ - Spoonfeeding newfags.
>No mods or admins have ever set a specific topic to this board.

Destroyed by your own logic. It's whatever I want it to be.
>>
>>429242
>It's whatever I want it to be
>I
>>
>>429314
Yes, me. Problem?
>>
>>429242
Yeah, but spoonfeeding is still bad.
>>
>>429329
*spoonfeeds* nothin personnel kid
>>
>there will never be another board as unique as /z/

Why not bring it back but as an unlisted board, or something?
>>
>>429329
Yeah, that's exactly why the mods created /wsr/. To discourage spoonfeeding because they think it's bad.

Lol.
>>
>>429335
The site would not be able to handle the bandwidth rape.
>>
>>427911
>weeb wanting to look at dicks
why am I not surprised?
>>
>>429315
>implying you have balls to actually do as you please here
>>
>>427918
It was a fun injoke and a great way to confuse newfags.

There is literally no reason for it to NOT exist except to desperately save bandwidth, which was a dumb reason to delete it.
>>
>>429362
90% of the threads in the catalog are mine.
>>
File: 11787694.jpg (9KB, 289x175px) Image search: [Google]
11787694.jpg
9KB, 289x175px
>>429089
> I cant google "4chan /yg/" or "4chan /fk/"
> thinking is hard
>>
File: motivator1701466.jpg (69KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
motivator1701466.jpg
69KB, 750x600px
>>431330
>>
File: zswf.png (122KB, 1138x628px) Image search: [Google]
zswf.png
122KB, 1138x628px
>>429089
this was /z/
>>
>>429180
Rule 17 was made to prevent people from posting images with hidden sound (something popular back in the day)or files,webms have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>429180
>3 - There are entire boards dedicated to posting shitposts and racism outside of /b/, like [s4s], /pol/, /r9k/. Instead of exempting those boards from a rule that specifically mentions /b/, it should just mention none or all the boards.
/pol/ and /r9k/ are not shitposting boards. For some reason, they're just inhabited by a 95% amount of elitist /b/tards who actually think they're too good for /b/. Both of those boards are out of control and I can't really see them being fixed unless the mods and janitors receive the ability of silentbanning, rangebanning, and these two boards get a dedicated stream of new rule enforcers to deal with the massive amount of retards on it.
>6 - Vaguest rule in existence, just exists to ban people for no reason
No it isn't. It basically means "Boards that aren't /b/ have rules and a board subject. Try to be civil and not be an autistic shitposter". Sadly, cross website posters do seem to think that the entire website is just one, big /b/ where shitposting is encouraged. This is what that rule conveys. It's more or less just a continuation of rule 3.
>7 - I have never seen any deletions bans for announcing sage/report
Then you don't look at the bans page enough (http://4chan.org/bans). Honestly, it doesn't even happen that often. The rule exists to avoid derailment, though. It's very easy to piss everyone in a conversation off by saying you reported something, especially so if that something is not a rule violation.
>8 - Never enforced, this entire board breaks that rule
Make a "mods are fags" post on any board on this website that isn't /b/ and [s4s] by extension, and I will assure you that it will be deleted within 30 minutes.
>10 - People evade filters all the time and nobody gives a shit
Usually it's not such a big enough deal to be reported by other posters over, but I assure you that, if you do report a filter evader, they get their punishment just fine.
cont
>>
>>429180
>17 - With the introduction of WebMs with sound, part of this rule is obsolete
>Do not upload images containing additional data such as embedded sounds, documents, archives, etc.
Embedded sound in an image is obviously not the entirety this rule covers. This rule exists to avoid the sharing of files. It's possible to hide a highly compressed .7zip file with a lot of CP in a small image. That's just an example of why that rule exists.

Honestly, I think this rule may as well be obsolete because everything negative that could come from embedding files in images should be covered by rule 1.
>Depending on the board, people avatarfag all the time. Arguably tripfagging across threads breaks this rule
Sadly, a lot of avatarfags are ban evaders, hence staff tends to be tempted to not bother with them, as they'll just evade their ban and keep going at it 5 minutes later. It's still very much against the rules, though.
And if using a trip or name across threads would be "using a signature", it would be specifically against the rules right now. After over 10 years of existence, I can assure you this will not change.
>>
>>431639
You don't even need to look at the bans page to see how often rule 7 is enforced. Just go to any 4chan archive (e.g. desustorage.org), and search for deleted posts containing "sage" or "reported".
>>
>>431659
I never thought of that. I've used desustorage for finding other deleted posts, just never thought of this. I will use this in the future. Thank you.

>>429180
http://desustorage.org/_/search/text/sage/deleted/deleted/
http://desustorage.org/_/search/text/reported/deleted/deleted/
>>
>>429209
Where else would you get that info? Is googling things just being spoonfed by google? Does Wikipedia just spoonfeed everyone? Are peer reviewed journals really just peer reviewed spoons?
>>
>>431676
>Where else would you get that info?
There are multiple sites that archive 4chan terms and history. ED, KYM, Tanasinn, LurkMoar, etc. It's so fucking easy to learn about 4chan nowadays, that only retards need spoonfeeding.
Jeez, what happened with "lurk more"?
>>
>>431639
>>431646
>>431662
Is there a particular reason you are so attached to the current rules?
>>
>>429339
i doubt /z/ would take up that much bandwith to be desu
>>
>>431919
youd be suprise :]
>>
File: 1438561759640.gif (12KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
1438561759640.gif
12KB, 300x100px
i'm still mad that they removed the best banner
>>
>>429341
haha epic
>>
>>429215
This board is for asking questions during Q&As

It's Question and Answer, not Questions and Answers.
>>
>>427918
Easter eggs are fun. Also redirecting underage b& to >>>/fk/

And you know what I really miss? /rs/. Fucking hell that thing was a goldmine back in the days.
>>
>>432080
Rapidshare hasn't existed in years.
>>
>>432086
Doesn't mean /rs/ couldn't just harvest links for the billion other filehosts.
>>
>>427948
keep in mind this is an imageboard that regularly prunes its threads
>>
>>431814

Thinly veiled jannie
>>
>>432080
>[rs]
i suddenly feel old
>>
Fags itt
>>
>>432086
/rs/ had working links from plenty of other filesharers, including links back when mediafire allowed anonymous uploading (i.e. links impossible for anyone to find now if they weren't saved elsewhere).
>>
testing old tripcode in this shit thread
friendly sage
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.