[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/ has been invaded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: file.jpg (76KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
76KB, 500x356px
Most of you know /co/ has been undergoing a crisis of identity for a long time now, but if you don't regularly use the board, you may not know why.

I left /co/ a little under a year ago, and came back last month. During that time the board has gotten exponentially worse than I've ever seen it. You may have seen some people complain about live-action comic book movies being on /co/, but those threads are generally well-behaved collections of people sharing ideas.

The real problem is that a subculture of people from Tumblr has sprung up there. On most boards, there is some kind of boogeyman (like Reddit) that everyone blames thing on, but it can't be understated how badly this group has affected /co/.

Some topics are expressly untouchable, because they draw in a group of obsessive fangirls who attempt to derail threads into images of men. They then passive aggressively shitpost until everyone is chased off, filling the thread with "witty" one line "quip" posts.

Not only that, but the general zeitgeist of the board has shifted for the worst- any sort of criticism of nearly any form of media is inexplicably blamed on Gamergate. And yes, derails about gender roles and transgenderism are extremely common.

/co/ is in an absolutely shameful state right now, and it may be impossible for it to recover. The board's strongest point was always that it was accepting of other viewpoints. Unfortunately, by allowing the Tumblr element into their midst, they allowed in a group of people who were unwilling to permit others the same kind of openness.

I would argue that /co/ is is as much need of a massive overhaul as /v/. At least /v/ is still /v/, but /co/ has completely lost everything that made the board good in the first place.
>>
>>412014
I go on /co/ a lot, what's wrong with it? I think the board's fine. Link me to some threads you think are proof of it's decline.
>>
>>412048
>I go on /co/ a lot, what's wrong with it? I think the board's fine.

see

>>412014
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>412014
It's a /co/ related show, but the first step to rescuing the board is permanently relocating all Steven Universe threads to /trash/ and having any Steven Universe posts in other threads be an automatic 7 day ban

When SU isn't airing new episodes the threads are banned from /co/ and put in /trash/ instead, and during this time period the board is 10x better. I was on /co/ the other day and saw a fuckton of SU threads so I assume new episodes are out, and board quality is down too.
>>
>>412014
I'm sorry that you don't know how to fit in with the new group. I haven't found myself in a flamewar on /co/ in a long time. Occasionally somebody will insult me and it won't upset me.

Have you thought about modifying your approach, Anon? Sometimes when you do something and intend for one thing to happen, something else can happen instead, and sometimes that's actually your fault because somebody more mindful would understand that the actions they're taking will have the effects that result of them.

Have you tried fitting in?
>>
File: image.png (104KB, 284x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
104KB, 284x302px
>>412014
There is absolutely nothing wrong with /co/.
>>
>>412014
Until you link examples you're full of shit about this.
>>
I don't know about Tumblrites but that shitty Disney movie is attracting the most autistic furries who shitpost endlessly about their dogfucking fantasies.
>>
/co/ has multiple problems since it's inception with people treating the board as a refugee camp for when their board goes to shit. These people (mainly from /v/) often bring the board culture from that board. You can see that by how /co/ doesn't have any memes but the ones that /v/ or /tv/ got tired of. There is also large population of people that refuse to read comics, these people are often found in the SJW/Anti-SJW bait threads often spouting things that anyone who read the comic or is an avid comic fan would know. 24/7 general threads are another problem since they attract people who are more into the fandom than the actual subject.

That said, most of /co/'s problem could be solved by better moderation and less vague rules. It would also help that the users who that board stop trying to shut down discussion by accusing people of being a shill, Marveldrone, DCuck, and other bullshit.
>>
Can we do something about /tv/ and /pol/?

Seriously:

>>>/co/79012025
>>
>>412014
Not trying to clown on you family, but did you ever consider the problem is that you're (presumably) a full grown adult who watches cartoons?
>>
>>412014
What do we do about Toonami threads?
>>
>>412364
Nothing, they aren't an issue. They keep their cancer contained to their Saturday night and Tuesday thread. Any others are deleted on sight.

Also with Samurai Jack coming some time this year it has board relevance again.
>>
>>412363
I don't see how is it any worse than watching anime for example.
>>
>>412361
He made the same post on /tv/
>>
>>412366
Anime is a serious art form
>>
>>412371
Har har.

On a related note, I find it rather annoying how many people treat /co/ as a place to bring over whatever subject that should be on another board, usually something that isn't liked much by that board. People always try to justify it by mentioning that it had a comic and/or cartoon adaption, but a good amount of the time it's not even discussed or mentioned until someone points out the thread shouldn't be on there.
>>
>>412361
I don't know how to break this to you gently, so I'm going to be blunt.

That is an example of a quality 4chan thread.

Threads where everybody's happy? Circlejerk.

Thread where OP is mad and everybody else is happy? Quality thread.

Thread where OP is happy and everybody else is mad? Bait.

Thread where nobody's happy? Flamewar shitstorm.

The thread you just linked is a quality thread. It's a very good thread.
>>
>>412014
Don't come back to /co/, faggot.
>>
>>412367
I swear I saw that as a reply on /v/ too. I figure that someone's got a copypasta.
>>
>>412432
Mods deleted the thread. Sucks, because I agree with you.
>>
>>412014
Ban Steven Universe from the board forever, that fixes a good chunk of the recent problems
>>
Is there anybody who legitimately thinks /co/ isn't shit?
>>
>>412570
Odds are there is people who do think that but there also people who think /v/ and /tv/ isn't shit.
>>
>>412570
It's shit but only because of the complaining and in-fighting, not because someone calls shit "gross" and "problematic." Oddly enough, comic threads remain untouched even the actual tumblr comic storytimes (Level Up, I think)
>>
>>412570
Well, what are you comparing it to? If you think everything's shit then what's the point of calling it shit?
>>
>>412570
It doesn't have to be shit, there's still hope. Go there now, under the shit is some good content. If some certain fanbases were banned from the board, it would be much better
>>
>>412683
Okay. Please say which show you like and we'll ban that one.
>>
>>412570
A fair amount of people don't realize how shitty /co/ is.

>>412489
Nah, man. Just nah. I find it funny how people want to ban actual fucking comics and cartoons from /co/ but very few bother to bring up all the non-/co/ shit.
>>
>>412061
>/sci/

Sci is made almost entirely of people asking how to do their homework problems.

I'm going to say that your unsourced chart made in MS Paint is without merit, good sir.
>>
>>412687
When Homestuck was banned, board quality increased immediately. You can't argue that certain shows are a cancer to the entire board. MLP is a more extreme example since it got its own cancer containment board since it was a sitewide problem.
>>
>>412688
Because all that non-/co/ shit combined isn't as big of a problem as Steven Universe. Once SU is banned from the board we can address off topic issues
>>
>>412014
Forget /co/, try most of the popular boards on 4chan.
And trolls too.
>>
>>413134
Yeah, like your favorite show.
>>
>>413206
My favorite show isn't toxic to the entire board
>>
File: f6.png (15KB, 851x290px) Image search: [Google]
f6.png
15KB, 851x290px
The worst is newfags who come to discuss current cartoons are completely baitable and don't lurk to know how site/board culture works. You can tell most are underage by the way they respond too.
Pic related was posted by the same person (not me) on different threads, it took 30 minutes for someone of the 7-year old comic to tell it was bait because everybody on steven general replied seriously to it.

>>413134
And even /homosuck/ no longer exists on that chan. Id argue the obnoxious part migrated to steven and toby's game.
>>
>>413135
Nope

People constantly use Steven universe as a way to bait people

>worst cartoon thread
>the first post is always SU

If the mods can get people to stop shitposting and baiting it towards others than it wouldn't be a problem
>>
>>413134
Homestuck was never banned. It was relegated to a general.

Steven Universe was too, but they still shitpost in every thread.
>>
>>413413
And what show is it?
>>
good luck with that senpai
>>
>>413540
And that can't be done. Meaning the next best solution is a full ban on SU from the board
>>
>>413568
For a short while prior to Redwood losing his mod position it was fully banned from the board. Likely just Redwood abusing his powers like he normally did, but it still happened
>>
>>412014
>people from Tumblr
Claiming things you can't possibly know makes you look like a moron.
>>
>>414447
>And that can't be done
Not with the lazy mods we have

>a full ban on SU from the board
Oh, you are a mod. Nevermind then.
>>
>>412352
>/co/ doesn't have any memes

I present, a /co/ may-may:
>>>/co/79090786
>>
>>414489
>le it's the mods fault all the boards are shit meme
>>
>>414486
All of 4chan considers /co/ as Tumblr lite.
>>
oh well
>>
I'm sick and tired of those gay fanart shit about Dick Grayson and Harleyfags need to leave
>>
>>414486
Denying it when your fellow tumblr users admit to being from there makes you look like a moron.
>>
File: 145319380259.jpg (27KB, 318x307px) Image search: [Google]
145319380259.jpg
27KB, 318x307px
>>412352
>/co/ doesn't have any memes
>>
>>415642
Sounds to me like we have two people with equal footing who both think the other side is a moron!
>>
>>415730
Your the moron
>>
>>415930
Sounds to me like we have both you and me thinking the other one is a moron!

Neither of our viewpoints are any more or less valid than the other.
>>
>>412014
>You may have seen some people complain about live-action comic book movies being on /co/, but those threads are generally well-behaved collections of people sharing ideas

It's the exact same shitposting you get on /tv/.
>>
>>416153
/tv/ is a verified shitposting board though
>>
>>416153
People like you don't even take note of all the things that are even more off-topic (e.g. anime, vidya, etc.). I think you guys got a bias.
>>
>>415582
get over it fag
>>
>>412014
>may not know why.
Or care.
>>
>>415656
This is an invasion of my privacy, delete this image
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.