[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's come up with a Sticky for /qa/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 31K-sajibiL.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
31K-sajibiL.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Let's try to come up with what this board should be. I'll start by presenting my ideas and then you should present your own. Once we come to a semi-reasonable consensus, I'll synthesize a post and suggest it on the IRC for a sticky.

In my opinion, /qa/ shouldn't be /q/, but /q/ discussion should be permissible on /qa/ as we don't want to eliminate the current culture. What /qa/ should be is exactly what the name of the board implies. It should be Question & Answers. If one MUST bitch and moan about their ban, they must phrase their complaint in the form of a question and should they fail to do so, the users should respond with passive aggressive, "What is your question?"

/qa/ should also permit any kind of question. Basically, /qa/ should be a supplementary /wsr/ for questions that can be answered easily and don't involve any research. "Where can I find X?" is not a good question for /qa/. "For what reason does X exist?" is.

In addition to a brief description of what /qa/ is for, the sticky should have a second post with some frequently asked questions, such as, "Why don't the mods talk to us?" to which the answer would be, "Because talking to us backfires so it isn't in the mod's best interest to do so." "Why won't you block reddit cookies?" "Because that's not how cookies work. Cookies can only be read by the website that makes them. Unless 4chan were to distribute some malware (lol) that can read all of your cookies, this would be impossible."

What are your opinions, /qa/ids?
>>
This board will never have a clear purpose, no matter how much you want it.
It's just an abandoned temporal board that was never deleted.
>>
>>411677
Does it have to be?
>>
>>411678
Of course not, but no one seems to care and mods like it as some sort of containment for /q/ tier posts.
>>
>>411680
Then the sticky should say that /qa/ is a containment board for /q/-tier posts. Understood. Thank you for expressing your opinion.
>>
>>411682
You ain't making no sticky senpai.
>>
Look at the board title. Ask and answer questions.
>>
>>411680
/qa/ needs your help to keep the /q/ shit away. Think about how many times people say that such and such isn't your secret club. Well this is a secret club, anon, earn this.
>>
>>411692
The days of muh sekrit club are long gone.
Mods don't give a shit about this place an it's beyond repair thanks to the lack of communication.
>>
>>411696
Let's start communicating baby. We can make it work.
>>
>>411696
You seem pretty emotionally invested in being right, more than you are in making the world a better place. I know exactly how you feel, because I too am a pessimist and I expect bad things to stay bad. That all being said, I don't WANT bad things to stay bad and am humble enough to accept defeat gracefully, so I do everything I can to prove myself wrong. Please adopt my COA Framework. It has made me happier in the long run than what I was doing before which more closely resembles you. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do, but hopefully "being happier" is something you want to do.
>>
>>411674
All your asking for is /q/ without the admin or mod interaction

Kill yourself
>>
>>411930
Do you have any suggestions?
>>
>>411932
Yea, fucking delete /qa/. It's served its purpose, now it needs to go
>>
>>411934
You first.
>>
>>411674
4U
>>
>>411930
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>411674
I vote for /tg/ sticky.

>>>/tg/20240062
>>
/q/ was a problem because of people using it as a report substitute. People would link to contentious posts that the mods weren't deleting, and everyone got to see what made for good troll material. For whatever reason, it hasn't been as bad this time around.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.