[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fix The Report System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: tfgsda.png (28KB, 541x207px) Image search: [Google]
tfgsda.png
28KB, 541x207px
We need to seriously fix the report system on here. First off it won't work if you have to type the words out, which appears often. Secondly, the options are limited at best. We need a feature that lets us type in what exactly is wrong with the post or thread.

For example I see a thread about shitposting, so I'll click rule violation and type in "User is shitposting and derailing thread". Fixing this system would go such a long way in people actually using the report feature. Its a broken mess
>>
>>409820
Quit being a fun hater mod cock sucker
>>
>>409820
and the captchas with that outline font are unusable.
Ive never had one go through.
every single one has failed.
>>
It's actually Google that is causing that scheme. When you get that style of captcha it is programmed to not work whatever you put in, for some reason.

Of course, the mods are to blame too because they haven't come up with a replacement. So yes, they probably are trying to avoid work and this is still worth drawing attention to. Frankly I see no reason why reporting should even require a captcha.
>>
>>410030
>Frankly I see no reason why reporting should even require a captcha.

For the same reason posting does.
>>
Reporting should be removed.
>>
>>410083
Why?

So you and your faggot buddies can destroy boards with impunity?
>>
>>410082
Why the hell would spambots be a problem with reports?
>>
>We need a feature that lets us type in what exactly is wrong with the post or thread.
>Please explain why the post in against the rules
>HE CALLED ME A MEANIE BAN HIM YOU FAGS

And that's why that will never happen.
>>
>>410112
What's wrong with that? The mods will just ban the person who sent the report.
>>
>>409820
Fucking snitch
>>
>>410086
Because some people think that posts should be reported dozens of times and not just one.
>>
>>410126
>quickmeme
>>
>>409820
I would appreciate this. There are a lot of situations where a mod/janitor couldn't possibly understand why something warrants a ban/warning/deletion unless they browse the general themselves often enough to know the context.
>>
>>410112
Fuck off mod.
>>
>>410086
They aren't. They were briefly a problem when moot tried out a mechanism to auto-delete posts when they received 5 illegal content reports, but that's not there anymore, and they've just never bothered to remove the captcha.
>>
>>410016
You should install 4chan X so that image and audio captchas are available on the report form. Sometimes they will go through when the text shit won't.
>>
>>410136
>There are a lot of situations where a mod/janitor couldn't possibly understand why something warrants a ban/warning/deletion unless they browse the general themselves often enough to know the context.
THIS
>>
>>411012
>my made up rules override the site's rule
>>
>>411005
Looks like shitposters are now using this place to ask shit questions that belong on other boards. They're changing tactics
>>
>>410112
>type in
We don't even need that. Just a drop down of which rule the post you are reporting is breaking will do.
>>
>>410030
>blaming moderators for things the developers should be fixing
wew lad
No, Mods only serve to enforce rules and provide stability in board community, such as by making stickies.
Hiroyuki actually considered a different captcha system after an anon suggested it to him, but the only other captcha service seems to be Yahoo, which subsequently happens to be awful. There is no alternative.
>>
File: 1254373054633.jpg (40KB, 798x491px) Image search: [Google]
1254373054633.jpg
40KB, 798x491px
>>409820
>For example I see a thread about shitposting, so I'll click rule violation and type in "User is shitposting and derailing thread". Fixing this system would go such a long way in people actually using the report feature. Its a broken mess
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.