[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shills and shitposters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: shills.png (282KB, 600x504px) Image search: [Google]
shills.png
282KB, 600x504px
At the moment a thread on /a/ - the Daily Japanese Thread- is getting routinely bombarded by shills and retards, promoting a terribly paid product from https://wanikani.com
This is against the rules yet since the option to flag for advertising is gone, and that mods are fucking useless, these shitposters and shills go ignored.

This has been going on for weeks now and they are building up a grass roots style approach to attempt to undermine the free and superior resources used is this thread. It isn't just people being jocular about different methodologies, this is genuine demagoguery to persuade fags who are coming to the thread after New Year's, to pay $200 for this shitty service.

Full link to current thread, see for yourself
>>>/a/135975649
>>
>>408118
Reeeeeee÷we
Hehehehehehfaggot
>>
>>408118
They're after 4chan now that they've made a mark at reddit. Check the archives for "wanikani". It is being name dropped all over the place in the past month or so.
>>
>>408120
Shameless, aren't you?
>>
>>408118
You can't have the mods ban one method of learning just because you don't like it.
Grow up.
>>
>>408132
You can have them ban shameless advertising though.
>>
>>408132
Advertising is against the sites governing how the moderators must act in accordance to reporting.
If you don't like this fact, find another site to market your product.
>>
The ebin false flaggers are almost as bad as the actual shills
>>
>>408136
Neither would be an issue of the mods moderated. It's pretty hard to simple report and ignore when reporting for weeks has done nothing and it's became even more over zealous.
>>
>>408133
>>408134
The idea that they're getting paid to advertise WK is nothing but your baseless head canon.
>>
>>408141
ADVERTISING is against the rules, period.
>>
File: warotingtouhous.jpg (57KB, 346x347px) Image search: [Google]
warotingtouhous.jpg
57KB, 346x347px
>ANIME & MANGA
>>
>>408222
The idea is that the DJT is there for people who might want to enjoy raw anime and manga and/or translate them. You're right though, there's barely any display of interest anime and manga there anymore. I'd bet more than half the user base doesn't watch anime or read manga as a hobby.
>>
>>408141
>Not even knowing the rules
It doesn't matter whether they're getting paid or not.
>>
>>408118
I searched the word on the page. Seems more like some of you are butthurt that people use a product that costs money, much like every aspect of 4chan. If it costs money and there is a free alternate, and you talk about it, then it's "hurdur y u shillin!?"
>>
>>408258
Also let me add to this that I'm not saying there aren't ANY shills, but a lot of these posts don't even read that way.
>>
>>408258
>>408259
Also also, when I say "some of you" I really mean just you.
>>
>>408258
>>408259
You have no idea what you're talking about, as you've just admitted yourself. Until a month ago or so Wanikani was barely ever mentioned in DJT, and when it was it was usually in the sense of ridiculing it. In the past weeks though it started being mentioned all of the time for no apparent reason. You can't expect people to believe that a large portion of the user base suddenly decided overnight to start promoting Wanikani on DJT. This is clearly shilling.

If you don't believe me just do a search of the archive. There are 27 pages of posts on /a/ with the string "wanikani" in them. 20 pages are of posts made after December of last year. The remainder correspond to the period from July to November. That is to say, until the end of November we had roughly 1.5 pages per month. On December and the first 11 days of January alone we had 20 pages.

But no, the shilling is just in my head.
>>
>>408258
You have no idea what you are talking about, and you should feel ashamed. This shit has been going on for a week now and they are just spamming the thread, finding ways to mention their site even in totally unrelated conversations.
>>
>>408272
It's also rather convenient timing, since all the NYRfags will be joining the threads at this time of year.
>>
>>408275
*over a week now
Maybe 2 weeks thinking about it. Seemed to me to get really bad on or around new year's eve.
>>
>>408272
What is "a large portion"? Couldn't it just be a couple of people, the same way this bitching is coming from mainly one person?
>>
>>408278
I am saying precisely that it's NOT a large portion of the fanbase. If it's just a couple of people spamming Wanikani it should be dealt with by moderation regardless of whether they're doing it for the lulz or to shill for Wanikani.
>>
>>408278
It probably is, either shills or trolls. It's still advertising.
>>
>>408279
>fanbase
*userbase

/a/ habit.

Also, your claim that the bitching is coming from one person is baseless. It's natural that the community resists when a method they have always abhorred suddenly starts to be shamelessly spammed in their thread.
>>
>>408279
>>408281
Link an example of a typical shill post for this product.
>>
>>408258
That's pretty much how it actually is. Some of these whiners are truly delusional.
>>
>>408283
http://desustorage.org/a/thread/135907519/#135919977
http://desustorage.org/a/thread/135907519/#135917689
http://desustorage.org/a/thread/135907519/#135916705
http://desustorage.org/a/thread/135907519/#135914600
http://desustorage.org/a/thread/135871335/#135873815
http://desustorage.org/a/thread/135871335/#135873795
>>
>>408120
Grow up
>>
>>408118
Can we just ban that general for good? Half of the posters dont even learn shit and only shitpost with some broken Japanese.
>>
>>408288
You may think I'm being a shitter, but I don't really see how this is shilling. If someone was going to go out of their way with such minor tactics, they'd have a much easier time going to actual forums dedicated to learning new languages instead of passively aggressively shitting up some 4chan thread.

Just my 2 cents. I'll leave it at that.
>>
>>408118
>the option to flag for advertising is gone
That explains a lot, even though I don't use /a/.
Been seeing more shills on several boards, even one that never had any.
The new 4chan business model?
>>
>>408351
>Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.
It falls under rule violation. Nice try, take your conspiracies elsewhere.
>>
File: WaniKani Crabigator.jpg (175KB, 799x668px) Image search: [Google]
WaniKani Crabigator.jpg
175KB, 799x668px
>>408118
Free your mind of bias and welcome WaniKani into your ass.
>>
>>408324
>they'd have a much easier time going to actual forums dedicated to learning new languages instead of passively aggressively shitting up some 4chan thread.

>implying it's easier to shit up a thread on a forum where moderators actually ban spammers and shillers
>still believing that 4chan is a low traffic website

Your 2 cents are shit.
>>
>>408277
It's been ramping up for some months now.
Mods will nuke CR threads on site but not WK shit, which is even worse than CR.
>>
>>408351
>>338821
There was a mod post for this a while ago
>>
>>408952
What a load of shit. What that translates to is:
>we don't like leaving IRC so we're going to make it harder for you report accurately so we can opt to ignore misc reports

There are very few people less scummy that hotpocketeers.
>>
>>409003
>hotpocketeers
It was removed because GGniggers like yourself abused and misused it to the point you pissed them off
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.