[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Hiro regret buying 4chan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

File: dsfsdfsdf.jpg (103KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
dsfsdfsdf.jpg
103KB, 1200x675px
I am really starting to believe Hiro is regretting buying this place. His activity on this site has slowed down immensely. Despite him adding new boards, despite him promising us to make this site "For the users" and despite promising moot he'd make 4chan an anime centric place again, it seems to me he simply had no idea how bad things were on here. I am simply assuming at this point now moot never told Hiro about what transpired that made moot leave: From Gamergate and The Fappening, to Redditors shitposting the site up, to the mods running rampant and abusing their power, and the issues with not cleaning up certain boards like /tv/ and /v/ that need desperate help.

Hiro I think may have good intentions, despite his shady record, but its clear now he is deeply regretting what he got himself into. He still seems clueless at times, he doesn't know how to remove malware, the language barrier isn't helping matters, and sometimes he ignores serious questions and answers really dumb ones. I'm getting concerned he might actually try and sell this site, realizing that this is too much for him to handle
>>
>>405286
Personally, I think boards like /r9k/, /v/, and /tv/ may have shown Hiro how bad things were. The shootings in Oregon might have really changed his mind on certain things
>>
>>405292
Hate to break it to you, but /pol/ is huge, and really is the only place to tell the truth about things. The shitposters on /pol/ are mostly Bernie Sanders supporting Redditors and their mods spreading lies and propaganda. This was confirmed by an ex-Reddit mod from a major subreddit who got fired because his political views didn't line up with Reddit's.

All he really has to do is the following:

>Fire moderators who are known to be corrupt and have ruined certain boards. So fire Kittenmod, swaglord, and the mods of /v/
>Make /r9k/ either a blue board or delete in entirely.
>Unlist [s4s], making it a hidden board
>Ban Frogposting and make sure it stays on [s4s] and [s4s] only
>Get rid of /gif/ and make it /webm/

Either way, there's a lot of work he needs to do. Deleting /pol/ wouldn't do shit, because /pol/ would just go to /news/. I know Hiro fucking hates /pol/, but I doubt he'll delete it.
>>
>>405300
Besides, deleting /pol/ would spread them all over 4chan. They would mostly go to /news/ and probably /his/ as well.
>>
>>405286
>From Gamergate and The Fappening

So you're still pretending these were big deals that somehow ruined the site? or what? I don't understand this dull revisionism you've got going on here
>>
>>405310
You weren't even here for moot's final address were you? Either that or you are blissfully in denial or you're really that stupid.

The Fappening caused moot to get investigated by the FBI, which really stressed and pissed him off. GamerGate made him crazy because he was dating a SJW from Gawker who hated GamerGate. He outright make threads autosage that even talked about GamerGate. It got so bad lots of people left this site because they got sick of moot being a faggot. Just a few months later, he stepped down as admin
>>
>>405312
>>405310
Just imagine for a minute if moot was here when the Oregon shooting happened.
>>
>>405324
Moot realized that at some point he'd get sued for the stupid shit anons here do and people already believe that 4chan is a hate machine

He'd likely start censoring everthing or even take down /r9k/

People want someone's head, even if they had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>405286
Take a moment to consider the fact you wrote all of this based solely on Hiro not posting as much as you think he should.
>>
>>405312
>It got so bad lots of people left this site
And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>405286
How do you know for sure when anonymous? For all we're certain you are him?
>>
>>405312
So then the problem was moot being a cuck and not gamergate itself
>>
>>405341
GamerGate was part of the problem though in a sense, since it did bring it a lot of newfags. But moot being a cuck was a huge problem as well. In fact there's a reason we get a certain nickname name, all thanks to moot
>>
>>405330
He's been really, really quiet as of late. Its concerning
>>
How much can I buy 4chan for?
>>
>>405399
2 million last I checked
>>
>>405404
Someone rich anon could easily buy it from Hiro.
>>
DON'T ever delete my post again you Fucking faggot
>>
>>405286
Hopefully the sliteyed cunt dies
t. /asp/
>>
>>405471
Hiro probably had no clue that the wrestling fags would ruin /asp/. /sp/ just wanted wrestling gone and /asp/ seemed like the logical place. But now look at what happened. Now we HAVE to give wrestling its own board now, we don't have a choice. Wrestling has more than enough content and fans to keep the board floating easily
>>
>>405330
Pretty much this. He posts here more than moot did at the end, but that still isn't enough for some people.
>>
>>405642
He knows about the real issues people want resolved, and yet he has yet to talk about them. Such as the cases with /v/, /tv/, the moderation, the /aco/ and /d/ fiasco, and the constant shitposting from Reddit.

He needs to address these issues, broken engrish or not
>>
File: 1441331996657.jpg (17KB, 295x375px) Image search: [Google]
1441331996657.jpg
17KB, 295x375px
>>405435
>>
>>405286

He bought this site with the intention that it be profitable, if that doesn't work out and the site is just endless headaches I could see him selling it and bailing.

He still lives in Japan, right? It'll be interesting to see him get subpoenaed as a witness like moot with the Sarah Palin e-mail hack, we'll see how bad his English really is.
>>
>>405300
>the truth
lol

>Bernie Sandiers
Can you tell me what's wrong with Sanders other than evil gommie xD?
>>
>>405300
>Get rid of /gif/ and make it /webm/
disregard this i suck cocks
>>
File: 1417638791286.png (278KB, 675x573px) Image search: [Google]
1417638791286.png
278KB, 675x573px
All I know is that if Hiro listens to anything these wack jobs say on /qa/ then 4chan is going to start deteriorating at an even more rapid rate.
>>
>>405435
5 star post.

The capitalized "DON'T" really adds emphasis.
>>
File: 4chan is fun imageboard.png (25KB, 1114x216px) Image search: [Google]
4chan is fun imageboard.png
25KB, 1114x216px
>>405674
>>
site belongs to basically a japanese hustler. i'm surprised he did anything at all.
>>
>>405720
Either he's a great liar, or he really does mean it. Either way, doesn't excuse the fact he hasn't' cleaned up many of the issues plaguing the site
>>
>>405693
If he listened to /v/ or /r9k/ we would all be fucked
>>
>>406378
It'd be better than letting /v/ untouched
>>
File: 1451982725169.jpg (44KB, 550x404px) Image search: [Google]
1451982725169.jpg
44KB, 550x404px
>>405300
What a waste of dubs, jesus christ.
>>
>>405289
So? Just delete those shit boards.
>>
File: 1404962880054.png (177KB, 362x359px) Image search: [Google]
1404962880054.png
177KB, 362x359px
>His last post is from 2015
>>
>>405300

Not deleting /pol/ and hiring 50 more mods to enforce it was moot's biggest mistake.

This site is a radioactive waste-dump now and no one in his right mind will ever touch it with advertising.

The one time moot showed any balls was kicking the horse fuckers off of /b/.
>>
>>405372
[spoiler]He died in Paris shootings.[\spoiler]
>>
>>406411
...by giving them their own fucking board?

He should've permabanned everyone who posted in that shithole in the first week.
>>
>>406405
/tv/ and /r9k/ yes I agree they need to go. But Hiro apparently is against deleting boards
>>
>>406458
Which again is a problem. Hiro needs to understand that some of the boards on here need to go. Either because they are outdated and no one uses them or they are simply shitposting boards.
>>
>>406405
and incur an entire board's worth of shitstorm times 3?
>>
>>406564
Fuck /r9k/ at this point. They deserve it
>>
>>405286
>he doesn't know how to remove malware
He added it, and he can easily remove it at any time. He doesn't because it makes him money. Money that comes from people having their computers infected causing popup ads thrown in their face, their shit stolen, or their computers used by spam-sending botnets.
>>
>>406405
/r9k/, yeah. There really is no point to it. The robot's not even in place anymore, it's essentially a different /soc/.
/tv/ shouldn't be deleted, but should get some actual moderation so the place isn't a complete fucking shitheap.
/v/ is the second most browsed board, so I don't think deleting it would go over well. Again, better moderation would be a key factor because the mods seem more busy with silencing anti-Nintendo dissent than they do with moderating the board.
>>
>>406587
/tv/ is moderated....by a fucking faggot of a mod
>>
>>406576
What, did you actually click Premium Download? Those ads haven't been here for at least a month, he fixed the redirect issue, and even then, simply visiting a webpage doesn't do any of that shit.
>>
>>406587
The robot is in place though you retard
>>
>>406615
I'm not retarded
>>
>>406567
What did they do?
>>
>>406618
You are.
>>
>>406618
at the very least you're cognitively impaired
>>
>>406629
>>406626
No I'm neither of those things
>>
>>406620
Theyve killed alot of people
>>
>>405300
>/pol/ is about the truth
Is your average /pol/ user really this delusional?
>>
>>406615
Except it didn't fix /r9k/ at all. Now that we know /r9k/ is beyond saving, its time for it to go.

Fuck where is Hiro at!? He needs to get off his ass and address these issues
>>
>>406815
you are delusional
>>
>>406815
It's one of the only places on the Internet to discuss politics that is open, reddit for example tried their best to cover up the cologne attacks for ages while we were already finished discussing it.
>>
>>405677
his entire campaign runs on promises that are impossible to deliver without throwing away the constitution.
>>
>>408198
What did we actually discuss though? Maybe other boards were better, but at least on /int/, every post in those threads were something along the lines of 'DAMN MUDSLIMES CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CRUSADE SO I CAN KILL ALL THOSE HERETIC FUCKERS'.
>>
>>405286
The language barrier is a big ass problem because it allows the mods to manipulate whatever info they send back to him.
>>
>>408204
/pol/ actually worked really hard to get the story out when most mainstream media outlets weren't reporting it. They do a lot more for their political beliefs than people give them credit for.
>>
>>408204
I think we just discussed what happened shitposted a bit then added it to the list of shitty things Muslims like to do.
>>
>>408203
Pop quiz, which presidential candidate does "promises that are impossible to deliver without throwing away the constitution" describe best?

Hint, he plans on making America great again.
>>
>>405300
>>Ban Frogposting and make sure it stays on [s4s] and [s4s] only
[s4s] hates the frog my guy holy fug
>>
>>408858
Nobody ever said anon supported Donald Trump.

You are literally retarded.
>>
>>408881
Did that anon say anon supported Trump?
>>
GIVE /POL/ FREEDOM AND IT'S OWN MOD BASE YOU FUCKING GOOK CUNT NAGASAKI! WE DON'T WANT TO BE DRAGGED DOWN WITH YOU!
>>
>>408880
Then confine frogposting to /r9k/. And if /r9k/ is deleted, which it needs to be, Frogposting is to be banned on all boards in general
>>
>>409475
God the more proof of moot being a retard there is, the more you realize how badly he was running this place in the last 6 years
>>
He's not coming back is he?
>>
He just needs to get his fucking internet fixed and buy a new PC already
>>
>>409475
>You seem to have forgotten that the pony posters were already calmed down by the time moot made /mlp/.

Going to call bullshit on this. Pony posting was fucking rampaging all the boards before Moot created /mlp/.
>>
Correct me if wrong, but 4chan under moot wasn't able to pay for itself even with ads/passes and I honestly do doubt that Hiro would buy this place just as a charity, but I'm not really sure how he's going to raise additional revenue and I am quite sure he wouldn't have bought this place if he didn't have some kind of idea already.

Also, it should be expected that he'd post/be more active in the beginning, that seems quite obvious. Most of his actions were kind of mild personally, I don't feel like anything has changed much, but he's still new, so there might be some major changes along the way, yet I do quite fear that he'll actually become way more inactive and make the whole site almost as stale as it was under the end of mootkins.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.