[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Even /wsr/ is doing generalfaggotry. Will the mods ever live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: >general.png (20KB, 596x892px) Image search: [Google]
>general.png
20KB, 596x892px
Even /wsr/ is doing generalfaggotry. Will the mods ever live up to their promise and save the site from this cancer?
>>
>>399108
bring back snacks and remove the SJW reddit mods
>>
>>399108
>hurr durr why do people keep themselves organized in a singel thread

you are a fucking retard
>>
>>399136
That's not the problem here.
>>
File: ayy lmao.jpg (35KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
35KB, 500x667px
>>399108

Generals work just fine as long as there's new content.
Problem is when there isnt any new content but the people dont want to leave because hey, the game MIGHT get updated.

I blame early access.
>>
>>399108
I was gonna make a thread with this image, but I'll post here

>Marked for deletion (old)
BRING IT BACK. I BEG YOU, HIRO.

At least do it for /a/. It will literally save us from general threads where people constantly age the thread from page 9 just so 1-3 people can chat with each other.

Let threads die again

Please!
>>
File: P759303_0300.jpg (37KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
P759303_0300.jpg
37KB, 480x600px
generals are actually good on the request boards where very similar requests should all be bundled into one thread, especially when someone is doing shoops.

when did the mods ever promise to save this site from cancer?
>>
File: 1451632384523.png (6KB, 590x109px) Image search: [Google]
1451632384523.png
6KB, 590x109px
>>399183
>>
>>399184
He's a fucking saint, just for saying he /would/ do that. Actually doing it will be godly.
>>
File: 5673152_lada_s06_0006_l.jpg (475KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
5673152_lada_s06_0006_l.jpg
475KB, 2000x3000px
>>399184
>by the end of the year
>Sun 03 Aug 2014
>2014
>>
>>399184
2014 was a shit year. The beginning of the end.
>>
please just bring back marked for deletion (old)

It solves every general problem without the need to moderate.
>>
>>399108
Considering meta general is a ban and other generals aren't, I don't think they will.
>>
If I could make one rule change it would be exactly this- banning generals.
Chat rooms should never become a part of this or any imageboard.
However, I don't know what will happen once they're banned. Shitposters don't just disappear.
>>
What's wrong with any of the generals on /wsr/? All of the two of them seem like perfectly reasonable generals.
>>
>>401414
Because it's a fucking /r/equest board. Why do you need a general on something that you are meant to make a thread, get a answer, let the thread die and get replaced by another? Generals are lite-forum subreddit within a subreddit, they don't belong here, ANYWHERE here. To make it worse, generals are the very meaning of stagnation. Of all the things that shouldn't have stagnation and generals, a request board is something that doesn't need it. You will only kill the board and its better for a board to have 50 threads for the same thing with each of those threads being different on the inside with different people then 50 generals that never change and always have the same people and content. A general on a request board will constantly be the same people answering questions, the same people asking questions and living off that spoonfeeding and a rare occurrence of a new member who gets scared away for not being apart of the general

It doesn't belong and will only make the board fucking pointless. If you are sick of saying the same things constantly, stop answering stupid questions. and take a break If you think your resources are good, get the mod to put them into the sticky
>>
>>401439
You have a very unkind disposition that isn't well suited to a requests board.
>>
>>401447
>doesnt want a board to go to complete shit and stagnation
>dude ur unkind u dun belong on board helping people
What a nice way to say 'i know im wrong but i dont want to admit it'
>>
>>401449
It's more "There's nothing I can do to convince you that you're wrong so I'm not going to try."
>>
>>401450
No, that reply was a 'I know I'm wrong so lets resort to name calling instead of defending myself'

There is no reason for generals on a image board, even more so on a request board when all generals do is cause decay
>>
>>401452
What name did I call you?
>>
>>401454
You called be a unkind person, cunt
>>
>>401455
I think you misunderstood me because of your poor English skills. Telling you that you have an unkind disposition is not namecalling. It is "insulting" sure, but it's not namecalling. Namecalling means something else.

I hope that clears things up for you. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
>>
>>401456
That wasn't meant to be taken literally and namecalling sounded better then lets insult him. Keep damage controlling
>>
>>401459
What is damage controlling and why do you think that I'm doing it?
>>
>>401460
Because you are
>>
>>401461
You're really making it look like I'm sockpuppet arguing with myself. Reading your posts is embarrassing. Bye.
>>
>>401463
Stop talking to yourself anon, you might be going crazy
>>
>>401439
This. So much, this.

This is the indictment of generals that we've needed for a long time.

This is balkanization. The boards each want to form their own sub-boards, and if you're on that board and make and on-topic thread, the only replies you'll get are "GO BACK TO [GENERAL]." That's absolutely NOT what this website should try to be. Moot made a fuckin' TEDTALK about it, though he looked like an awkward skeleton Ellen Ripley in the process. Ephemerality is key to all of this. Generals are a stopgap. Generals forestall that ephemerality. Archives and 4chan's own Archive also impede this.

Generals are little boards within the board. Okay, we've got 4chan, right? And on that WEBSITE there are a multitude of BOARDS. Sounds good, there are more than enough boards; I mean, look at this, anime THROUGH TO wrestling?! Who would've thought we could run that gamut! No need to sign up? No need to put in a name or email address? You can just come in and start talking? This is perfect. I'll go to [BOARD OF TOPIC] and make a thread!

What's this?! The only reply I got told me I have to join a... thread already in progress? Damn, this thread is 557 replies and backlinks to a previous thread that ALSO had 678 replies! Man, I don't want to just jump into that, look at how many hot-shot big-names are posting here! And they've all got names and special little codes that prove they are who they say they are? And gosh, it almost looks like they get avatars too! And they're roleplaying! On a board about cooking?! I'm just going to opt out of this faggotry.

Generals have literally stopped 4chan in its tracks. They have turned this from a collection of IMAGE BOARDS into a series of forums, each with its own subset of boards. The kind you think of where people get little karma points and their posts have signatures.

Threads lasting more than a day (at most) is where this problem started.
>>
File: 1326576666735.jpg (50KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1326576666735.jpg
50KB, 600x450px
There's not much you can do about legions of extremely lonely people who are desperate to belong to something; anything.

Besides the obvious matter of the large population size now, I really think that in the old days, there were less of these circlejerks because people on the net were better socialized IRL. You couldn't sit on the internet constantly - there just wasn't enough to do. So you went outside and played with the neighbourhood kids.

The kind of fucktard who hangs out in these general hugboxes I suspect never went out and played with the neighborhood kids. They never had sleepovers at their friends house. They didn't get up to mischief IRL with other teenagers. So they have a huge gaping hole for companionship and see no shame in engaging in such artificial socialization to make up for it.

It's obviously not satisfying, emotionally. Because they keep having to do it.
Generally I think this kind of unhealthy pathology should be pushed out.
But frankly, there's so many of these twerps and they're so noisy, they've managed to drown out any objections to their activities. There is no longer a social taboo against circlejerking on 4chan.
>>
moot is the person primarily responsible for general threads, by making noko the default 4chan behavior, and by encouraging everyone to ignore shit they don't like (and banning people who don't).

Send him all your hate mail.
>>
>>401465
>This. So much, this.
>balkanization
>Ephemerality
>stopgap
>forestall
>gamut
>all-caps on words
Guess how I know you're from Reddit.
>>
>>401476
I'm not an expert on reddit like you are. Does reddit say any of those things?
>>
>>399161
Or just lower the bump limit
>>
>>401439
Why make five threads asking for a small variation on the same thing when you can have just one?
>>
>>401474
You're assuming that because they had friends in the past they wouldn't be a problem now, but people change, move to study/work, especially after the recession.

Circlejerking exists on both socially acceptable social networks and darkest corners of the internet.

Generals replaced the tripcode as main circlejerking method, because most boards became hostile towards tripfags and their attention whoring, creating /vg/ only strenghtned the transition as outsiders found le funny games subforum.
>>
>>401465
People outside the general don't want to talk about that subject and people inside the general want to talk a particular way.

Lurk more.
>>
>>399184
Thats not even a real modpost what the fuck are you all from /b/ here? This board isnt worth my time
>>
>>401551
>People outside the general don't want to talk about that subject and people inside the general want to talk a particular way.
Stop talking out of your ass. Just because someone doesn't use a general doesn't mean they don't want to talk about the topic. What do you mean 'talk a particular way'? Do you mean rping, shitposting, circlejerking and general faggotry? People wanting to talk a particular way doesn't change the fact its shitting up a board. People like to talk in the particular manner of ironic shitposting, but getting caught doing that and you get treated like shit because it shits the place up, just like generalfaggotry does

>>401566
The mod post is from the current dark area in the archives, moron. There is even people linking to it if it feeds your desire for source
https://desustorage.org/_/search/text/111574354/
>>
"Generals are cancer" at this point is nothing but a meme. It basically means "things I don't like".

If it's on-topic, if it's not full of shitposting, then it should stay. Nothing else should matter.

And shitters and other reddit-graduates now pretend to be oldfags by bringing up the marked for deletion thing without having a clue about what exactly it was and why it was there.
>>
>>401633
Calling something a meme at this point is nothing but a meme. It basically means "things I don't like".

Calling people redditors is ironic when you are doing redditor type shit and deciding to go with 'ignore things you dont like' instead of trying to fix something that's a legitimate problem for the site as a whole. Ignore things you don't like applies to shitposting, bait, trolls and fucking topics you don't like, not problems
>>
>>401641
>not problems
Yes friendo, if it's on-topic and if it doesn't break any rules, then it's not a problem. Nowadays, neo-subhumans such as yourself will lose their mind whenever they see a thread remade twice in a row because it's a "general".

Keep on memeing. I really like your witty opener straight outta reddit.
>>
>>401644
>its it 'ontopic', it doesnt break rules it should be allowed it doesnt matter how low quality it is or how much it shits up the board or pisses off the boards users it should be allowed
Wew lad, kill yourself. I was going to give a reply but
>neo-subhumans
You are just going to throw memes and shitposting at me instead because you are in denial about your generals being garbage
>>
Generals are not cancer. They are a way of containing topics according to subject matter.

/a/ has had generals for ages but never really called them that. It was /v/ who started losing their shit about League of Legends General and Katawa Shoujo General because everyone on /v/ reads it like a daily newspaper instead of using the catalog to find a topic relevant to them.

Now we have two major video game boards, and /vg/ is easily the best of the two and contains the most actual video game discussion. Is this as big surprise?

/a/ by comparison will have a single recurring thread for every airing show. We don't call these "generals," but we will typically get annoyed if people are spamming the board with new topics for shows when there's already a thread for them. Jojo General is shit. SnK General is shit. So instead of bitching about it, we don't go in those threads.
>>
>>401673
What? Generals on /a/ have been a huge issue since forever, did you forget what happened in 2011? The problems here are the lack of effort on the moderation staff side and /a/ being smaller than /v/ (thus making the idea of /ag/ impossible).

Meanwhile, let me make another Yuru Yuri General, even if there's absolutely nothing to talk about I need my comfy threads.
>>
>>401726
The majority of /a/ is good at ignoring things they don't like.
>>
>>401673
>/a/ by comparison will have a single recurring thread for every airing show. We don't call these "generals,"
The minority who have been on /a/ long enough to remember it before it was nothing but a chat lobby, certainly call out these cancerous generals.

You are part of the reason why we can't have nice thing.

>>401751
That's why /a/ is so shit.
The majority of /a/ are also the group responsible for turning 4chan from something creative and fun to unwind in to something stilted, angry, aggressive and autistic. If the zerg rush in 2007 didn't do the job it was the later wave in 2009 that did it.
>>
>>401625
If EVERYBODY in the general is ironic shitposting then YOU'RE the one who isn't fitting in by NOT ironic shitposting you dense crybaby. The entire general is filled with faggotry and you're in there not being a faggot. You're acting like not-a-faggot in a faggot thread. Why aren't you being a faggot? The thread is about being a faggot. You're the one who isn't fitting in. Lurk moar and act more like a faggot. You need to learn to fit in.
>>
>>401673
There is no reason to contain subjects. Again, it's better to have 50 threads for the same topic, but with them all having creatives OPs and as a result each one is different on the inside, then 50 fucking generals which all have a static topic and never change and every general is no fucking different to each other. Also, generals might 'contain' a topic, but they fucking breed stupidity, tripfags and shit and then that spreads across the board

No one fucking cares about seasonal show threads, with the exception of certain ones. /a/ has had generals for a long time, but fucking a good portion of anons threw fits about them in the inception as well. /a/nons have always thrown big fits over them because they don't belong and have already been banned once. But, then the mods got fucking lazy again and they came back. There is no reason for a general of a thread that isn't fucking airing, nor is it ever needed to have a thread for anything 24/7

>/vg/
>good
/vg/ is one of the shittest boards on the website, buts its a different type of shit. 4chan isn't a chatroom
>>
>>402165
>it's better to have 50 threads for the same topic
Not really. Boards only have 150 threads and niche topics (aka, threads without a "creative OP", aka memetic OP, aka shitposting OP) will suffer from this.
Nobody wants a superfast memeboard where the only way for a thread to survive is to include a strong reply bait in the OP.
>>
>>402176
4chan did quite fucking well with that without everything turning into bait and memefests because generals came around, anon. The reason /v/ is the way it is with only bait threads getting replys is because the userbase is newfags who don't know what bait fucking is and think fishposting isn't shitpostong. /a/ won't suffer from that and the removal of generals will help fix the amount of garbage on the board
>>
>>402181
ok champ
>>
>>402181
Everybody who you don't like is fundamentally different from you in some way so that you never have to look inwardly. Got it.
>>
>>402188
>i dont have an argument so ill instead push the blame onto anon instead
Got it
>>
>>402263
Pushing blame onto the anon was the argument. The anon accused all generals of coming from newfags or whatever, distancing themself from "them" and thereby not needing to acknowledge the simple truth that if everybody's doing it and you don't like it, then you're the one that doesn't fit in, not everybody else.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.