[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>133658982 This is not /a/ related, this is /co/ related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 8

File: 1382921583788.gif (961KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1382921583788.gif
961KB, 240x180px
>>133658982
This is not /a/ related, this is /co/ related. There is already a general on /co/ please remove this one from /a/.
Crossboarders are being faggots and natives are chimping out.
>>
>>349770
>doesn't even know how to crosslink

>>/a/133658982
>>
How is this a question?

>>349776
Good job, moron.
>>
>>349776
Ha
>>>/a/133658982
Sorry I don't crossboard often.

>>349777
>How is this a question?
It has had a couple of generals without it being deleted, we are questioning why is still up.
>>
>>349782
Neither do I but I guess I tried my best.
>>
Mods previously stated that discussion of the RWBY manga would be permissible for discussion on /a/, but many anon are concerned that people will discuss the show, and not just the manga, creating a general thread where non-/a/ material is discussed. People do not believe the mods will actually ban people for off-topic discussion (for example, talking about the show).

Suggestion: Enforce longer bans for those speaking about the show in the thread than would otherwise be the case. Maybe even put up a notice telling people about it beforehand.

Or else be lazy and just ban the threads altogether. Neutral poster here. Just sick of seeing a spamfilled thread permanently on the front page.
>>
>>349770
This is not /qa/ related, this is /j/ related. Fuck off.
>>
>>349799
The lazy way is better, just because it got a manga does not make it /a/ related because it is a western IP and besides the threads rarely talk about the manga besides
>Where is the translations.
Mods and /a/ usually have an understanding but it is not the case of there just being none around, pepe posts and get posts get deleted lighting fast.
Bans won't work because bans are easy to get around.

The lazy way is the best way, keep deleting the threads and the shitposter will fuck off.
>>
The mods weren't doing shit and were instead deleting posts IN the thread. Fucking worthless cunts.
>>
>>349799
Bans don't do jack shit unless you van an entire fucking country.

RWBY was on /co/ this entire fucking time. It stays there, all of it. You cannot have some of it and not expect the rest of it to follow. The entire fanbase for it is based around something explicitly not /a/ related. It is pure idiocy to expect a derivative work for this same IP (which is entirely Western mind you) to be on /a/.

Various Marvel comics got anime adaptation. Did that make Marvel /a/-permissible? No. This is the exact same thing only people in favor it literally think "hurr it looks like anime thus it is" when it is fundamentally the same process of a very Western thing getting some crossover to Japan.
>>
If it's just one thread then why not filter 'RWBY'?
>>
>>349799
>many anon are concerned that people will discuss the show, and not just the manga, creating a general thread where non-/a/ material is discussed
>People do not believe the mods will actually ban people for off-topic discussion (for example, talking about the show)

/co/ has the same problem with Star Wars.

>Suggestion: Enforce longer bans

Judging by the ban page, it's pretty much impossible to get anything longer than a 3 day ban unless you're posting illegal shit, ban evading or exposing yourself as underage.
>>
>>349947
Because its not /a/ related and filters are for fucking morons because they don't fix a problem, you are just dodging it. Moron
>>
>>349952
because giving people longer bans is worthless when they'll either change their IP or have an automatically dynamic IP
>>
>>349970
not everyone can do that, and some of us actually understand that there are consequences to unbridled shitposting, one of which is getting your posting privileges taken away temporarily. you just want to act like a fucking baby with no consequences. if you can ban evade, then i guess it's meaningless to you, but you also don't realize that you are the cancer killing this site.
>>
>>349992
I don't have a choice, my ISP resets my IP every 48 hours for some reason

I even called them about it because I was having connection issues anyway, they said its intentional
>>
>>349776
Faggot
>>>/a/133658982
>>
>>349770
The problem isn't that there is a thread for the manga, the problem is someone keeps trying to force a general.

It's probably someone from Nagi's group of shitposters, but still.
>>
Why the fuck are mods being useless on /a/?
>>
Hiro we have another rogue mod.
>>
>>350156
>Nagi
Who?
>>
Hiro, bring back Kinomod.
>>
Hiro can you please do something about /a/ mods?
>>
>>349799
Or just move it to /co/. There is a fanbase on /co/ and the threads are actually filled with discussion there. Meanwhile on /a/, it's shitflinging on both sides.
>>
>>349782
>>/a/133658982
Came for the shitstorm stayed for the Touhou doujin
>>
>>349770
While they're at it they should ban writefags from /co/ generals. If Drawfags have to be kept to a containment thread then writefags sure as shit do too.

>>349799
Pics or it didn't happen faggot.
>>
>>349770
It's pretty fucking simple.
People who want to discuss shit about the japanese interpreted /manga/ can go on /a/
People who want to discuss the American made web series go on /co/
It's not like we have two high speed "general"s going on here like a new constant Jojo thread or Boku no Academia.
It's a manga, it belongs on the board FOR manga.
>>
>>350200
found the biggest faggot in this thread, right here

If shitposting a thread to death is part of /a/'s board culture, writefagging is part of the general's thread culture, so fuck off
>>
>>350212
Shitposting as part of culture is still shitposting and against the rules, so follow the rules and fuck off.
>>
What exactly is ok to discuss on a board for anime and manga?

>video game gets an anime/manga adaption
>blazblue, kancolle, etc
>gets discussed
>vn gets an anime/manga adaption
>grisaia, clannad, little busters
>gets discussed
>LN gets an anime/manga adaption
>pretty much every anime is a LN adaption nowadays
>gets discussed

I don't think any western adaptions get discussed on /a/.
>>
>>350200
If it's related to the general's subject it's fine.
>>
>>350200
>Ban writefags
Once there's actually a rule against it then sure whatever, but there damn sure isn't now so all this back and forth by mods on whether or not to enforce this rule that doesn't actually exist is fucked.
>>
>>350219
and I see no one being killed off the /a/ thread for posting endless YY, hamster girl and whatever the fuck >>>/a/133671390 is. Writefagging was never a problem until you went and made it one, and even then, it isn't enforced half the time because of the thread's mod complaints.

We ARE following the rules, you're just an autist
>>
>>350220
Steve job manga, ninja slayers
>>
>>350224
No, you guys are clearly breaking rules 7, 8, and 10.
>>
>>350229
Do tell.
>>
>>350229
Until you can explain to me how and why we are breaking them, you have no argument and need to stop false-reporting the writefags
>>
>>350231
>>350232
I feel like there may have been a bit of a miscommunication here.

I'm saying the spamming and shitposting is against the rules, writefaggotry isn't.
>>
Someone post that modpost from /q/ laughing at a guy complaining that /a/ is too elistist, that alone should be enough to end this whole discussion.
Even if RWBY were allowed in /a/, as long as the userbase doesn't want it there, it doesn't go in there. And that's it.
>>
>>350234
Oh, cheers then.

I think like 90% of the reason RWBY is causing such a problem on /a/ is because of the reaction to it. Very nearly nobody wants a RWBY General in /a/, including the people in the RWBY General in /co/. Allowing discussion of the manga makes sense since it is board appropriate, but considering how little there is to discuss, it's not worth spamming the thread over. Let 'em talk there if they want, ban offtopic posts about the show or other RT stuff, and let it die. You'll get a couple posts a month, it's not a big deal.
>>
>>350241
This, essentially. Although if it wasn't for them bumping it so hard, the chapter wouldn't have been scanlated, so thanks, /a/!
>>
File: meanwhile on comblr.png (33KB, 1134x155px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile on comblr.png
33KB, 1134x155px
>>350212
>>350221
>>350223
Gee I wonder who's behind these posts.
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 371x135px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 371x135px
>>
>>350241
Too bad after this RWBY manga won't ever be able to have a civil thread on /a/. Had they simply let the thread die and fucked off, it would have been forgotten. Creating another thread and resuming the shitstorm was pure antagonism on their part, and /a/ won't forget it. Just like they never forgot the Toonami thread spam when the block first returned.

I called it back then too: Toonami would never be accepted on /a/ after Toonamifags spammed threads, they utterly trashed its reception on the board. The same is now true for the RWBY manga.
>>
>>350300
Good I hope it gets the Toonami treatment
>>
>>350317
I hope it gets the MLP treatment.
>>
>>350321
I hope /co/ gets the /fur/ treatment.
>>
>>349770
>Manga written by a japanese person is not /a/

???
>>
>>350321
Fuck I wish it did too. The MLP treatment is literally the best treatment a fanbase can get.
>>
>>350327
Maybe /mlp/ will welcome RWBY threads.
>>
>>350326
>manga based on a western franchise aimed at westerners is /a/
>>
>>350237
>/a/ gets to whine and decide that anime doesn't belong on their boards for reasons
>meanwhile /tg/ has to deal with weeb questfags for years despite their universal hatred

oy vey
>>
>>350329
/vp/ and /mlp/ have it best, but I don't think RWBY is big enough for its own board yet.

>>350330
>aimed at Westerners
>in Japanese
>no official translation
Nigger what? This manga is about as Western as Space Dandy.
>>
>>350331
Get better mods.
>>
>>350333
/a/ mods aren't any better.
>>
>>350332
Based on your logic fanfiction isn't RWBY because it's not by RWBY staff.
>>
>>350330
>manga based on video game isn't /v/
>manga based on lite novel isn't /lit/

hmmmmm
>>
>>350334
At least they do their work sometimes
>>
>>350329
>>350327
>>350321
>Not only do I hope that it gets kicked off my board, I hope it gets kicked off the board I put my trash
You guys are mad beyond belief. It's just a show, no matter the quality

>>350330
>aimed at Westerners
It's not, though. It's aimed at the Japanese population to increase the popularity of the japanese dub
>>
>>350332
Yeah, if Space Dandy was already a cartoon show on /co/ for years with a daily general thread (that had also gone for years).
>>
>>350336
Japanese light novels and games
>>
>>350334
You're objectively wrong.
>>
>>350333
Mods aren't universal. All boards share /a/'s mods. They're just tremendous faggots.
>>
>>350336
Because there is manga based on murrican games and novels
>>
>>350326
You're missing a lot of context. In the first place, RWBY is infamously hated on /a/ because trolls from /co/ thought it would be funny to spam it on /a/ since it was "western anime" resulting in RWBY threads being deleted on sight and /a/ hating everything to do with RWBY.

Now enter the RWBY manga. It's an authentic Japanese manga, born out Japan's inexplicable interest in RWBY. It does actually qualify as /a/ material, but it's definitely going to get shat on because A) it's a western IP and B) RWBY is already hated on general principle.

Now, on top of this controversy, you have a very entitled fandom that essentially starts creating generals on a board they don't even visit normally to discuss a manga with one chapter out that hasn't even been translated. You can see why people reacted badly I hope. And the fact that RWBY fans responded exactly the same way narutards did: by defiantly insisting they have a RIGHT to be on /a/ and then creating more threads, only sealed its fate.
>>
>>350339
Making generalized restrictions based on shitty fanbases has been the norm for years, and RWBY currently the most shitposter-infested fanbase on 4chan.
>>
I don't understand the hate.
I mean, if another Westerner created a franchise aimed for eastern demographics, does that mean /a/ will hate it to death, even the said franchise is proven popular among nips?

I don't know, but I smell butthurt and jealousy here.
>>
>>350345
>entitled

Stopped reading there. Go back to tumblr
>>
>>350349
We don't really care if nips like it. I don't why people think we did
>>
>>350350
They are entitled. They think they have a right to be on /a/. This presumption is based on nothing but their own arrogance.
>>
>>350339
I actually like RWBY. Wouldn't a whole board dedicated to it be great? But again, it's not big enough for it. Not even an RT board would do.
>>
>>350349
>I don't understand the hate.
Because you weren't on /a/ when RWBY first came out. You didn't experience the shitposting. It makes perfect sense why /a/ hates RWBY and its fans.
>>
>>350345
/a/ is universally hated on every board on this site except /a/, yet you still shitpost everywhere.

IMO you deserve what you get. If that means having one less waifu thread and having a Manga thread on the Anime & Manga board... Well, maybe you'll survive. I know it'll be hard though.
>>
>>350350
>not entitled
RWBYfaggots on /co/ literally think they get to interpret the rules however they see fit and that the entire site must acknowledge it.

At least that's what they pretend. The reality is that they don't give a single shit about rules and just want to shitpost all day.
>>
>>350358
I found the cancerous /co/mblr.
>>
>>350349
/a/ is only for moeshit. If it isn't about pastel colored blobs, they don't want it.
>>
>>350357
Not really. /a/utists got mad some Japanese guy made a show in America. /a/ is literally one of the worst blueboards out there
>>
>>350358
>/a/ is universally hated on every board on this site except /a/.
Then explain why you're so desperate to move in.
>>
>>350362
Good job proving his point
>>
>>350357
so if weren't for the shitposting, it'll probably can be accepted. Too bad the series is still shit.
>>
>>350358
>/a/ is universally hated on every board on this site
maximum projection

What's the matter? Tried to make a shitty rec thread on /a/ and it got shitposted and deleted?
>>
>>350359
But there are no rules to interpret that weren't already backed by mods. The manga is /a/, that's all there is to it.
>>
File: b-b-b-but niggerwood said.png (297KB, 1252x770px) Image search: [Google]
b-b-b-but niggerwood said.png
297KB, 1252x770px
>>350370
Wrong.
>>
>>350371
It's actually kinda funny, mods are beating it back into a general where shitposterd are free to spam as they please without mod intervention as long as it's not NSFW
>>
>>350362
>>350367
so /a/ got really salty and jealous as fuck then?
>>
>>350369
every time. It never fails.

I ask you: why do you /a/utists always think everyone who hates you is desperately craving to talk about anime?

I mean, you do realize anime is fucking trash, right?

>lelelel boku no pico maymay
>muh /v/ermin boogeyman
>muh newfag boogeyman
>th...this site was made for /a/! Never mind that fucking /sp/ gets more traffic than all weeb boards combined!
>>
>>350362
>RWBY gets made
>nobody on /a/ even notices or cares
>trolls from /co/ start making RWBY threads on /a/ because it's "anime"
>keep doing this until mods ban them on principle and RWBY is officially sanctioned as /co/ material
That's literally what happened. Also /a/ doesn't give a fuck what the rest of the site thinks. In fact I think most of /a/ would be happy if 90% of 4chan was deleted, or at the very least made unable to access /a/ through some kind of password or IP range ban.
>>
>>350362
>japanese guy
Wasn't the guy from Rhode Island but tried to pull the "lol, I'm actually 1/16 japanese" to try to get brownie points from the weebs and failed miserably?
>>
File: 1438748956496.png (104KB, 1322x509px) Image search: [Google]
1438748956496.png
104KB, 1322x509px
>>
>>350376
Why do you think 4chan is a popularity contest? Fuck off back to tumblr.
>>
>>350375
If it would have stayed on /co/ no one would have given a shit.
>>
>>350376
/a/ doesn't really care about the opinions of other boards and doesn't like outsiders or newcomers. And you don't seem to like /a/ very much. So just stay off of /a/ and we're both happy.
>>
>>350375
Jealous of what? If there's anyone /a/ is jealous of it'd be Danny Choo, not some dead nobody whose claim to fame is a cliched faux anime.
>>
>>350361
>/a/ is only for moeshit
OK, let's check the /a/ catalog for the threads with the most replies
>Jojo Thread
>OPM Thread
>Blame! Movie thread
>FMP S4 thread
Holy shit look at all that moeshit
>>
>>350390
You're talking to somebody that doesn't even lurk /a/, you can't expect him to actually know anything about the board's content.
>>
>>350391
Anyone who actually uses the teem moeshit should have their opinion immediately binned
>>
>>350393
I've been using that as a general rule for years. Only people from /v/ or similar boards use "moeshit" as a descriptor. It's a sign I'm talking to somebody who knows nothing about anime and is probably shitposting.
>>
>>350371
But I'm right. A mod stated in one of those threads said it would be deleted until it actually came out, which is exactly what happened today.
>>
>>350402
Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>350404
Even without pics, these threads that weren't deleted proves they broke no rules. The threads you showed weren't related to manga other than the news of its release which had a full thread.
>>
File: moving the goalpost.jpg (29KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
moving the goalpost.jpg
29KB, 300x240px
>>350407
Threads were deleted. See >>350371

Also pic related is you right now.
>>
>mods just deleted the new attempt at a thread
Based, guess it's over for now
>>
>>350407
>if something isn't deleted it's not against the rules
Grasping at straws. I guess CP is acceptable on 4chan as long as nobody notices it.
>>
>>350414
They most likely left the one thread up just so the retarded /co/ faggots got the message that they're not welcome on /a/.
>>
>>350412
Didn't move any goalposts. The deleted threads you showed are not about the manga itself, and are therefore breaking the rules. I'm talking about the threads made today, which did not get deleted. 1 of those in your example is even an obvious shitpost.

>>350415
>if something isn't deleted for 6 hours and had multiple people banned within the thread then that means it isn't against the rules
Yes, that does mean it's allowed.
>>
>>350402
>A mod stated
>Even without pics, these threads that weren't deleted proves they broke no rules
You've already been caught lying through your teeth. Stop posting.
>>
>>350418
Except I'm not. The archive was deleted, newfag.
>>
>>350419
Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>350419
>has no proof
>expects people to just take his word
You need to work on you bait skills.
>>
>>350421
The funniest part is he actually thinks that lying about mod statements on /qa/ will do anything but worsen his position.

Maybe he's actively trying to get RWBY purged entirely.
>>
>>350420
>>350421
Except the proof I have is the 10 not deleted threads today. What is your proof that it's against the rules? Threads not about the manga at all?
>>
>>350427
see
>>350371
>>350414
Get dunked, little guy.
>>
Welp that's that. Last thread just made for the series in question got axed almost instantly.

If mods allow this on /a/ for strictly one day on chapter release but then forcefully boot it, I guess it's not a terribly big deal. They could have fucking said something, anything about it though, instead of let /a/ activate its shitposting immune response (so to speak) for hours on end.
>>
>>350429
>b-b-but look at my off topic threads guys!
So Index threads are against the rules when someone shitposts about Accel? Yeah, this is bait.
>>
>>350437
Mods did say they were only allowed on the day of the release back when the announcement happened.
>>
>>350438
If you actually think you're right, you're delusional and pathetic.
If you're just baiting, you're just pathetic.
I'm still waiting for your proof.
>>
>>350437
One shitposting day a month then? I can do that
>>
>>350437
I doubt they'd do something like that, it would just cause more confusion and most likely monthly shitstorms.

They probably just let a thread run its course if it's already been alive for a while, and focus on trying to kill later threads in their infancy. I can't imagine why the manual autosage function exists if not for them deciding that deleting threads at peak shitposting levels causes more problems.
>>
>>350441
>Mods did say
Except they haven't, as has already been established in the thread.
>>
>/a/ mods bend over for shitposters

wow what a bunch of fucking retards. No wonder your board is so shit.
>>
>>350466
Cry more /co/
>>
>>350466
Enjoy your tumblr dickings.
>>
>>350467
More like cry more RWBYfag. They are about as /co/ as /hsg/fags were considering they stay in there little sub-board and only care about their general. Those fucks should get the /sug/ and /hsg/ treatment. /a/ mods were right to kill any thread until the comic drop.
>>
>>350466
More like
>there is a wannabe-anime series on /co/ that had already been ruled no-go on /a/
>gets an official manga spin off, people try to force it on /a/ but it doesn't take, keep forcing it and this pisses off /a/ even more
>clearly /co/ shills (or ebin trolls at this point) forcing threads, clearly talking about the related cartoon already ruled not-/a/
>mods oblige that this shit won't fly
>>
So, if anime and manga are banned on /a/, why does it exist again?
>>
>>350480
>>350467
>>
>>350480
The anime and manga that aren't banned
>>
>>350480
How many times do we have to go over this, even on here after mods cleared it up? Getting a spin-off manga doesn't change the fact that overall RWBY, and its entire fandom, is not /a/ material, and things have been fine for years with that series being on /co/. Stay there.
>>
>>350479
Mods babysat the thread for like six hours deleting doubles posts and show discussion (for some fucking reason) before finally calling it a day.
>>
>>350502
It was a test. RWBYg failed it.
>>
>>350502
>show discussion (for some fucking reason)
Because the show that that manga is based on is unambiguously ruled not /a/. So basically the threads could explicitly only talk about the manga and any mention of the show it was based off of was stamped out by mod/janitor on sight.

I don't know what the hell mods were trying to do walking a tightrope like that. Did they think it was going to be sustainable? It's like trying to force people to eat pizza while banning using any dough/crust to hold the other ingredients. A single untranslated manga chapter bringing in fans of a show that's been running for years (and also isn't allowed on /a/) was never going to turn out well. The fans and show had been on /co/ too long for it to be separated like that, basically the /co/ threads on that topic have eminent domain over anything else that springs up out of it.
>>
>>350437
I think it's closer to acquired shitposting deficiency syndrome.
>>
>>349799
Why does /a/ suddenly care abotu stuff being posted on /a/ that is against the rules? Why alow nipples but not allow a topic that genrates traffic and is popular?
Clearly it is YOU being out of touch with the current community here and need to be le freed xD.
>>
File: itsa marvelbaby.jpg (82KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
itsa marvelbaby.jpg
82KB, 1067x1600px
>>350197
>>350189
My sides.
>>
>>350622
More people is not better, quality>quantity and RWBY are awful.
>>
I'll laugh if RWBY ever gets an anime (as redundant as that is)

/a/ will kill themselves
>>
>>350754
>manga already getting cracked down on by mods
It wouldn't last a week
>>
>>350756
They're getting cracked down on now because people are making them to deliberately troll now

They left the first 3-4 up despite numerous reports
>>
>>350759
They started cracking down because the threads were just shitposting and they realized it was pointless
>>
>>350760
I don't know why they try, /a/ has a good relationship with mods and we tend to keep to ourselves but when the board comes together to hate something it is not going to get discussed.
>>
>>351148
>/a/ has a good relationship with mods
That's why the mods are letting this trash stay on /a/ and deleting any dissent along with banning posters that are bitching about it right?
>>
>>351148
>/a/ has a good relationship with mods
Is that why any time the mods allow something, everyone collectively goes "fuck the mods" and still says it's against the "rules"?
>>
>>351180
>>>/co/
Stop shitting up other boards you cancerous trash.
>>
>>351184
I'm from /a/, anon.
This happens often for anything that isn't liked by a large part of the board.

Couldn't give to shit where RWBY is discussed, but saying that /a/ has a good relationship with the mods is silly.
>>
File: 1447818356675.jpg (63KB, 832x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447818356675.jpg
63KB, 832x500px
>>351148
We have a better relationship than most of the other boards but I wouldn't call it good. Sometimes I think there's are new mods who have to learn the way our board works as well.
>>351175
Too bad the threads are getting axed now and the only time a mod tried to babysit the thread was for like 50 post once the translator showed. He also didn't ban me and I was shitposting every thread to bump limit minus the last one. Not to mention he deleted some show discussion too. I have sneaking suspicion babysitter was actually a /co/ janitor though
>>
>>349799
What? Shut the fuck up.

If we have to deal with The Flash threads on /co/, and Celebrity circle-jerking threads on /mu/, I'm pretty sure you can handle one fucking thread on some wannabe weeaboo shit that happened to get a legitimate manga dedicated to it. Its more on-topic then the other shit we have to deal with.
>>
>>351717
> I'm pretty sure you can handle one fucking thread on some wannabe weeaboo shit

/a/ throws its toys out the pram when it doesn't get what they want, you expect /a/ to handle anything?
>>
>>351717
>Hey we don't take out our garbage so why do you have to take out yours?
>>
>>351717
Let me elaborate why that is stupid.
Your boards ignore the cancer and let it fester.
/a/ burns it out with shitposting.
/a/'s version is far better in the long term but worse in the short term
>>
>>351717
The existence of the wannabe weeaboo shit is not the big concern so much as the fact that it is directly associated with a series not allowed on /a/ to begin with which also has a 24/7 circlejerk on /co/ going.

The rationale some have put forward is that they could discuss only the manga on /a/ without talking about the show. Howewever people frequently talked about the show in the /a/ threads which only got /a/ even more pissed because it shits on the one excuse to have threads on /a/ in the first place. This happening is no surprise though as it is like asking a Star Wars fan to not talk about or refer to the movies in threads about a game adapting the movies. That is to say, kind of ridiculous, IMO.

If the series was a blank slate without a clear association to something both not allowed and not wanted, /a/ likely would not have cared much at all.
>>
>>351850
I wish Star Wars shit was quarantined to /tv/
>>
>>351850
Or- and here's a crazy idea- /a/ could stop being retarded and stop trying to ban anime on /a/.

Your crusade against Naruto was fucking pathetic.
>>
>>351883
Maybe you should mind your own business and not talk about boards you don't use
>>
>>351883
Or you could stop trying to force /co/ shir on /a/
>>
>>351904
You fags fuck around with every other board constantly. Mostly when you're trying to protect your pathetic hugbox.
>>
>>351934
Did your rec thread get deleted?
>>
>>351937
How typical, /a/non that one is so old by now
He will probably get angry though
>>
>>351850
OK, but what's so bad about people mentioning the context (show) of a manga that just so happened to be produced in the west, especially if it's contained " neatly" in one single thread? Do you people ban PPGZ threads too? What about Parappa the Rappa threads, which was adapted into a anime, but is generally /v/ related, and western looking?

>inb4 "your not allowed to talk about our sekret klub unless you spent ____ hours on it >XP"

I'm just trying to see the rationale behind going all gas chambers on a franchise that lucked out in getting a Japanese adaptation. Nobody is putting a gun to your head to like it, but this pretentious attitude of "only im allowed to deem what's 'PURR JAPAKNEES ART', no facts allowed" only makes you look like a bunch of spoiled manchildren.
>>
>>351982
>/co/mblr at work
Keep yourself and your garbage contained.
>>
>>351982
RWBY is not the only one of its kind, just one of the only known/successful ones in existence.

It is indeed throwing a curve ball asking what to do if Japan actually ever picks up on something Western, so the real question behind the RWBY issue is "does this set a precedent for hybrid works to be on /a/". /a/ did not just suddenly decide yesterday, but had in fact always assumed that /co/ gets these kind of things based on past rulings on RWBY, Avatar etc.

>why is that
RWBY's manga, but -only- the manga, is an exception to a normally very black-and-white distinction. Given the unfamiliarity of grey status and the fact that /co/ wants to deal with the subject far more than /a/ does, as well as the fact that /co/ already has had this series for years, it is simply common sense to /a/ to just let /co/ continue to have it all. They don't seem to mind that outcome anyway.
>>
Oh, ok
>>352027
Thanks for the explanation. I now understand the plight of the situation.
>>352020
Fuck you, however, for adding nothing but buzzwords to prove your point.
>>
>>350386
>/a/ doesn't really care about the opinions of other boards and doesn't like outsiders or newcomers

Then in a few years those fags using /a/ and die and finally the board will become sane.
>>
>>352040
Thing is, /a/ does get newcomers like flies to shit. They get called for their shit if they're stupid enough to post without lurking, most of 'em fuck off back to their hugboxes (be it /co/, tumblr, or whatnot), but the ones who stay get to lurk more and learn how the board works. Ultimately, they become what /a/ wanted them to become all along: a bunch of elite, hard-assed weaboos who are worth calling /a/ members.

Needless to say, you're not going to see the end of it.
>>
>>352070
Because /a/ sells the idea that psychotic elitism is something desirable.

It doesn't help that /a/ intentionally makes it easy for newfags to join up by discouraging discussion of anime that isn't running. /a/ are a bunch of vapid retards with the memories of goldfish.
>>
>>352087
U-huh.
>>351904
>>
>>352107
If only /a/çucks could follow its own advice
>>
>>352154
Portugal pls.
>>
>>352915
Holy fuck. It's true. /a/ are even more autistic than /pol/ and this thread proves it. My sekrit clusif mongolian moving flip book club must remain pure from dirty gaijins pls. Fucking manbabies.
>>
>>353031
>My sekrit clusif mongolian moving flip book club
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>349770
testing something
sage
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.