[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transparency Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Philosoraptor_template.jpg (90KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
Philosoraptor_template.jpg
90KB, 432x432px
If a government requests the IP address of a poster for saying bad things (nothing bad like a terrorist threat or posting CP) will 4chan willingly give these details to them? Is there any transparency on how many requests are made and how many are acted on? Which governments make them? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1568480
why are you posting bad things in the first place
the government knowing that i post about how the mcfillet is for me doesnt scare me at all
you shouldnt care dont post bad things please
>>
>>1568481
Unfortunately governments can be a bit harsh in determining what is bad.
>>
>>1568480
You should submit something on the feedback page and pester hiro about it.
Doubt they will do any such thing.
Most of the websites I use have a transparency page. It would be nice.
>>
>>1568496
For a good reason. Most people should know better.
>>
>>1568499
If you don't like it then why don't you hang out on NEOGaf or a similar website which shares your worldview?
>>
>>1568503
Because they don't. People without power don't trust the few people with power to do what's right, the people with power don't trust the people without power to listen to them when they do make a good decision, and in return the citizens don't trust those powerful people for not trusting in them. Powerful positions are leader positions. The moral of the story? If you have power of some kind, you're the one that has the potential to get things moving. Don't screw it up and lose the trust of the people.
>>
>>1568529
There's no reason for people without power to trust people with power.
>>
>>1568533
Unless the people with power do what they tell everyone they're going to do. Don't make a website and ignore it. Don't make sensible rules if you're not going to sensibly enforce them.
>>
>>1568480
If you want to be real paranoid, it's been confirmed that some anons in /pol/ are actual alphabet agency employees. Don't expect them to actually do anything unless you threaten to shoot the president or something, since the process of negotiating with the mods (however fun it is to imagine an "anon" bossing them around after threatening to imprison them if they don't comply) to give them your IP and sending the party van down isn't exactly a snap of the fingers.

...Unless you aren't American, in which case I don't know if your country is autistic enough to dig through the cesspool of the internet because somebody insulted their dictator.
>>
>>1568555
That's wishful thinking. The gubbamint presumably has external software to determine whose IP is whose and communicates zero with the moderation team; even a "We're going to shut down 4chan if you don't comply" notice would be sent to hiro, and we all know how well he communicates with the mods (as much as he communicates with /qa/ itself.)
>>
>>1568555
>>1568557
Some UK/Swedish/German posters say things which are illegal in their countries due to their governments going 1984. So do they secretly get detained or do their respective governments not give a fuck (yet)?
>>
>>1568557
You think they use that software to call out samefags?
>>
>>1568557
Depends on where the 4chan servers are located.
>>
>>1568952
The US.
>>
1) Yes. They have done so on this very board. m00t gave away user info on at least two occasions.

2) If you want info on it, you can make a FOIA request, but do it before the FOIA is rescinded.
>>
>>1568955
DESIRE TO KNOW MORE INTENSIFIES.JPG
>>
If you kids had been here longer than a year you'd know that moot has been to court to testify on stuff posted on 4chan before. Go be retarded somewhere else.
>>
>>1569151
You're missing the point retard. There's a difference between Moot being summoned to a singular court case and 4chan directly handing out IP addresses to oppressive governments.
>>
>>1569151
>go be retarded somewhere else
>Ignores the rest of the board being completely off topic
Looks like we got an actual idiot here.
>>
>>1568480
"off-topic" and "retarded" are actually fairly orthogonal problems
>>
Probably only if the US govt sends a legal subpoena.
>>
So as long as I don't post anything racist/anti-semitic I should be fine right?
>>
File: The Jews Afraid.jpg (291KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
The Jews Afraid.jpg
291KB, 600x612px
>>1568480
>Not knowing how collection really takes place
>Not knowing they absorb everything before 4chan does itself
>Not knowing they know clean who you are
They know everything that happens here and need no warrants.

>>1571016
t. Kikenigger
>>
>Using /QA? to ask questions instead of making pepe and anime threads
Faggot
>>
>>1571727
Are you high?
>>
>>1568480
QA has been abandoned no mods/admins go in here. Why do you think the frogposters and weebposters haven't been banned?
>>
>>1573583
I bet the number of ban evasion cases are sky high on /qa/.
>>
>>1573596
https://bans.4tan.org/?board=qa
>>
>>1573602
And those aren't even all the bans that happen on /qa/. I imagine half the people that regularly post on /qa/ are either banned from one or more boards constantly, or are evading a site-wide ban.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.