[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did no one tell me that coffee was this good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: 1479944506024.jpg (73KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479944506024.jpg
73KB, 800x800px
Why did no one tell me that coffee was this good.
>>
Coffee is one of the most popular drugs on Earth, I don't believe you haven't heard of someone liking coffee, even if only in fictional media.
>>
File: 4901d9467f7cd4f791c840356cd275a8.jpg (167KB, 1427x1160px) Image search: [Google]
4901d9467f7cd4f791c840356cd275a8.jpg
167KB, 1427x1160px
>>1562464
Homemade French press is great. I only drink it black.
>>
Sometimes I think I'm immune to the addictive effects of drugs.

I've tried coffee plenty of times and while the taste is ok it gets old after a while and I have no desire to keep drinking
I also tried beer once, apparently I got drunk although I felt perfectly fine and never felt the need to ever drink again after that

What is it about some people that makes them keep going back? None of that shit is really all that good. I'd rather have a soda, at least it actually tastes good.
>>
>>1562497
Addiction is often caused by repeated use. You don't get addicted just because you drink or smoke once in a while. Also coffee and alcohol isn't really that addictive unless you consume it every day for a long period of time. Even more addictive substances like cigarettes don't make you an addict just because you take a smoke once in a while, but if you smoke often your brain adjusts to it to function normally, and as a result when you finally quit your brain continues to produce these substances that normally dampens the effect of cigarettes, and as a result you feel like shit for a while until the brain readjusts. This is really the case with all addictive drugs, you build a dependence on it, and you need to consume more to feel the same effect, the withdrawal you experience is the body continuing business as usual, but without the drugs.
There are probably other explanations, but this is what I've heard most often.

Even coffee can make you feel like shit for a day or two if you're used to drinking it often for years on end, but the withdrawal effects aren't nearly as bad, and you feel normal again after that. That and the fact that coffee not only makes you feel great, but also makes you more productive unlike most other drugs is what makes it so great.
>>
>>1562550
>but also makes you more productive
Not nearly as productive as having the ability to fully manage your own time and energy. Coffee is only a benefit to people who like to force themselves to get something done "right fucking now" instead of taking a 30min nap or something and then working

Living in a coffee drinkers world where everything has to be done on exact schedules and tight time frames is literal hell for non-coffee drinkers.
>>
>>1562566
>Not nearly as productive as having the ability to fully manage your own time and energy.
Whenever I try to do that I just end up doing everything not only much later, but also doing much less than I planned.

Coffee gives me the energy to do it right now, which great for me because then I won't feel like a lazy slob.
>>
Anyone else here ingesting coffee powder directly?
>>
It tastes like shit...
>>
File: 1460950573177.png (69KB, 248x228px) Image search: [Google]
1460950573177.png
69KB, 248x228px
bitter piece of shit !!!
>>
File: 1501045809332.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501045809332.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
I love coffee, and I work in a café so I get free coffee throughout the day
>>
>>1562603
>>1562872
workable if you swallow it with milk
>>
File: 1488074615988.jpg (58KB, 493x549px) Image search: [Google]
1488074615988.jpg
58KB, 493x549px
I wish I could go to an Akihabara cafe...
>>
File: 1502459500156.jpg (38KB, 480x520px) Image search: [Google]
1502459500156.jpg
38KB, 480x520px
>>1562473
Your image reminds me of a French children book, with a mouse trying to disguise its giant strawberry and ending eating it. Thank you for making me remind it
>>
green tea is that much better
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.