[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/b/ for Random What?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

>/b/ for Random
What?
>>
>>1561771
It really isn't a very random board anymore.
>>
>>1561771
Who are you quoting?
>>
Because the board code for Futaba's 二次元裏 boards is also /b/, and /b was originally called Anime/Random.
>>
whats the first letter of the alphabet
a
what was the first board
a
whats the second letter of the alphabet
b
what was the second board
>>
>>1561807
/b/ was the first board.
>>
>>1561798
I always see this answer and it makes sense. But it begs the question: why is the futaba board named /b/?
>>
>>1561848
>But it begs the question:
http://begthequestion.info/
>>
>>1561854
I actually looked it up on Wikipedia after I wrote that to see if I used it correctly. /qa/ is an informal enough place, so I'm sure you'll forgive me for not using the phrase in the traditional sense.
>>
>>1561848
Probably because it was the second board after 二次元 (/img2/).
>>
its just random lol!!!!
>>
>>1561887
>the second board after 二次元 (/img2/).
But why is it called /img2/ if it was the first? and why did they go from /img2/ to /b/? And why are there three /b/'s?
>>
>>1561927
Maybe from the fact that it was a board to post 2D images. Or an imageboard based off 2channel. Heck if I know. Nobody there refers to boards the way we do, so it wouldn't really matter what the url was. I don't think there's any stated reason for so many nijiura boards. There's actually five of them, two aren't listed on the front page.
>>
File: 1460126332091.png (743KB, 1384x1496px) Image search: [Google]
1460126332091.png
743KB, 1384x1496px
I wonder why users here oppose new boards. The idea that fracturing the userbase (undesirably) shifts the culture or that it's selfish wanting a more specific forum or that only reddit/8cuck would be so whimsical. If that's true, why is there is not a single board for the entire website?

I believe generals formed as a symptom of this resistance, but the atmosphere is different posting in a single thread vs a segregated, dedicated catalog with multiple threads. The Pokemon board for example probably would not be the same if it were recurring on /v/ or /vg/
>>
It should be called /r/ for Retarded
>>
>>1562002
t. cuck
>>
In this environment, perhaps conflict attracts the greatest number of people? It is inevitable if so.
>>
>>1562002
>>>/r/
>>
>>1561966
because
f u c k y o u s t u p i d n i g g e r
>>
>>1561966
Using the catalog make a board a general lite already
use the frontpage instead, and force users to use it as well.
>>
>>1561966
I agree with this sensible weebposter. Some boards are just plain overcrowded.
>>
>>1561966
Honestly, 4chan just needs to add an in-browser IRC client that supports image uploads and viewing; Of course, 4chan would have to host it's own IRC server, so that weekly or monthly polls could determine what channels to add or remove. That way instead of having boards full of generals, all recurring threads with enough interest could receive their own IRC channel.
>>
>>1562327
That would just reinforce circlejerks.
>>
>>1562333
So? Their low-quality posts would be off of every if not most boards and in their channels instead. Furthermore, if 4chan is the one who owns the IRC server, they would be able to freely delete any shitty channels. Not to mention, it would push a large portion of the burden of moderation off of janitors, so that post quality steadily increases.
>>
>>1562382
Only sounds like more work for the mods, really. Anyway, what makes you think that people are gonna go to the irc when the ones concerned about chatting already do it on discord and whatever else?
>>
>>1562305

my anecdote is that a lot of older usage meta promotes better psychology but the catalog is an exception
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.