[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people so mean on 4chan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1496461046210.jpg (95KB, 850x912px) Image search: [Google]
1496461046210.jpg
95KB, 850x912px
Why are people so mean on 4chan?
>>
>>1556290
Being anonymous allows you to distance yourself from all these people and pretend it's just a game. You can say whatever you want and it won't matter. Maybe, that leads to some people being true to themselves and saying what they really feel, but more often I think it just allows people to put a mask over their face and act uncaring, when if they ever met these people in real life they wouldn't feel so hateful and spiteful. In that sense it actually makes people less true to their nature, because they're able to pretend their actions don't have consequences and that they're not dealing with real people.
>>
passive aggression is considered a valid argument by the circlejerk, and those with the emotional intelligence of infants subjects others to such in an attempt to make themselves feel better about the fact that they're triggered

baby holds baby rattle, baby gets upset, baby hits someone with the baby rattle, baby tells itself it has thusly performed good in the universe
>>
File: 1475013201563.png (2MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1475013201563.png
2MB, 1536x2048px
>>1556290
Because they can and their action have no consequence on themselves.
>>
>>1556290
I was thinking about asking a similar question.
Why is it that the most common post on this site is some variation of "kill yourself", and the second most common post is some variation of "get out and never post again", and the next most common would be some variant of hatred against another for examples of this would be muh reddit, muh pol, muh leftypol, muh frogposters, muh animeposters?
>>
>>1556324
articulating criticism is heresy and therefore considered magically wrong, and passive aggression makes people feel better about their indignation they lack the capacity to even attempt to morally justify
>>
File: 1501421424441.jpg (226KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501421424441.jpg
226KB, 1920x1080px
>>1556290
I've been hurt so many times on this website, but I keep coming back...
>>
>>1556326
"Kill yourself" isn't exactly passive...
>>
>>1556330
You roll the dice of emotional abuse hoping the opposing party is intellectually vulnerable such that you indoctrinate them into feeling pain where one needs not feel pain and/ or indoctrinate them into being of an opinion you feel to be unfortunate to hold. Provided one is vulnerable as those who say such phrases wish, were one subject to such a phrase they wouldn't distinguish the one who'd spoken the phrase as an explicit abuser, but rather as one who grants pain, whom one needs to conform to to relieve themselves of the very pain said person makes others feel. It is passive aggressive, and very much passive, because you aren't explicitly proposing you are evil and are subjecting others to evil; you are rolling the dice on hoping others are vulnerable such that they see you as a partial evil, and a partial way to relieve themselves of the very evil you subject them to. It's not explicit, therefore it's passive. To render the evil you subject others to an explicit evil you affirm is evil and doesn't have the right to happen is to be mutually exclusive with being passive in at least this context.

zz
>>
>>1556338
I don't understand a thing you said.
>>
>>1556340
You might possible be able to use your words to articulate where exactly achieving mutual understanding has failed between us.
>>
>>1556290
Because they don't get banned, or they evade bans.
>>
why'd there suffering in this world . . .
>>
Passive aggression is simply how the emotionally unintelligent comunicate their distaste towards something. Being actively aggressive requires you know how to put forward an emotion based argument.
>>
>>1556290
Because honesty hurts and people need an outlet to relay their honesty because maintaining a facade of agreeableness in real life day in day out is taxing.
>>
>>1556541
Most hurtful truths/honesty is brought about by a lack of understanding.
>>
there teens
>>
Some people are just bad. Maybe it was the way they were raised. Maybe it was the environment they live in. Maybe it's a mental disorder.
Without incentive to be good they just behave naturally and that's the result.
>>
>>1556328
This, unironically. I've grown to unironically hate this place, but I can't leave.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.