[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bring back the old internet...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: magicapdrop38.gif (32KB, 111x171px) Image search: [Google]
magicapdrop38.gif
32KB, 111x171px
bring back the old internet...
>>
I remember these... my first gateway into hentai.
>>
I miss it
>>
>>1555910
I think the first hentai clips I ever saw was La Blue Girl. Set the bar pretty high.
>>
>>1555910
Magical Drop is a puzzle game though...
>>
>>1557539
You could click these on the sides of some websites(I was 13 or something) and it would take you to some pay for hentai website where you could download 15 second clips. streaming wasn't as much of a thing at that time.
>>
File: 1429391799839.jpg (16KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1429391799839.jpg
16KB, 500x461px
>>1555269

I Miss it too anon
>>
>>1555269
>>1556530
>>1557927
and what are you faggot prepared to do to get it back? Because I just see people complaining and very few people trying to do anything about it
>>
The only people that want the old internet back are people that probably never used it and don't understand how shitty and obnoxious using a 28.8k modem on a computer with a 133mhz processor and 16mb of RAM was. Functionally the internet is ridiculously better these days and the amount of content/information available now is astounding. Nostalgia is gay just like you and your gay mom.
>>
>>1557947
lol you have no idea what the OP is talking about.
If you're this clueless now maybe you were just as clueless back then
>>
>>1557947
It's pretty silly to think a thread like this is related to the technology of the time and not the community and experience. FYI, I started with Prodigy in '94 with a 9600 baud modem until my family upgraded to the blazing fast 28k a few months later.
>>
>>1557945
If you have any ideas I'd love to here them
>>
>>1557993
In my opinion one that that would really help is to have a site that's not as conducive of creating "community identity" as most sites today are. I believe that's the cause of almost everything annoying about modern internet users whether they're fighting to change the identity of a community or trying too hard to fit into it.
>>
so you think the "ideal old-net" site were the ones without a community identity? I'm sure that many sites had that, it wasn't so obvious though.
another problem however is that a lot of places have conglomerated the independent sites. tumblr, wordpress and etc. took over blogging, other places followed similar patterns.
>>
>>1558026
>so you think the "ideal old-net" site were the ones without a community identity?
No. I don't think the answer is to just go back to exact clones of old discussion formats and old technology. I think there's a real problem today and I hope that even younger generations can also see it too.
That if you just take an unbiased step back and look at the big picture of the internet today it's just a big cesspit of annoying whiny self importance.

The "old internet" is just a model but it's not important.
Times change and things that worked then to create the atmosphere it had won't work today, and if you want to recreate your ideal internet you'll probably have to come up with some new ideas. That previous post is just my guess at some new way of looking at it that might improve the situation
>>
>>1555269
To where and in what capacity?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.