[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to old school troll culture? Everyone seems so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: download (27).jpg (8KB, 225x225px)
download (27).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
What happened to old school troll culture? Everyone seems so sincere these days. Is it because web 1.0 forums have gone the way of the dodo to be replaced by social media?
>>
>>1552213
>Everyone seems so sincere these days.
Don't I wish. Most people are all about that so-cool irony these days.
Troll culture is dead because you can just say "I disagree with your politics" and communities explode by themselves. There's no need for any master plans or elaborate ruses.
>>
Irony is for faggots too scared to become invested in anything lest someone criticizes them for liking that thing
>>
>>1552236
This, ironic weebs are the worst thing to happen.
>>1552215
This, just say some opinions contrary to the culture of the site.
>>
>>1552213
For whatever reason you can still find something like it here >>1552261 and here >>1552172
Of course you'll have to make some assumptions about the poster's intentions but if you enjoy that culture you might want to browse here for a bit.
>>
there wasn't a culture, the motivator was to incite critical thinking or make humor. it shifted to being belligerent or outrageous for a reply
>>
>>1552236
>>1552261
Don't confuse ``ironic weebs'' with true masters of irony.
>>
I'm not sure that trolling is or should be very viable on 4chan itself, since its culture is meant to put a lot of emphasis on knowledge, lurking and quality of posts and since trolling generally involves pretending in one way or the other to ruse someone, it's inevitably disruptive to how the site is supposed to operate, it either means that someone is not in on the site, in which case it's an idiot/newperson who didn't bother to lurk or it's a person that's merely pretending to be retarded and just trying to disrupt the conversation on the site. And I'm not sure there is much in between. Of course trolling off-site becomes potentially more viable, but on 4chan it just doesn't come into play properly due to how its users are supposed to use the site.

Of course I don't mind being playful, joking around and taking it easy, however, trolling is rather specific activity in which you're trying to trick or evoke emotional response from someone that isn't joyous, which doesn't cover it despite what many users of this site may think nowadays.
>>
>>1552276
The thing is, showing off your irony skills when people are trying to just discuss things rather than a book or on stage makes you look like a fragile tosser.
>>
>>1552325
I hope you're only ironically using British slang.
>>
nu-chan decided that being easily trolled was a moral good
>>
>>1552331
I hope when I crush your head against a brick wall it cracks into a million pieces of skull fragment and gore with a satisfying crunch.
>>
>>1552449
edgy, making threats on a anonymous Indonesian drumming discussion site
>>
>>1552213
>Everyone seems so sincere these days.
As if. You can't go 5 seconds without seeing a "fan" of something shitpost it. Legitimate criticism almost doesn't exist.

By they way, I know you got me. I'm just that pissed about people saying "I love X so much", and then going right back and proving they're unapologetic bastards using it like a tool to further themselves socially.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.