[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you actively use social media?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1437242680534.jpg (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1437242680534.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
Do you actively use social media?
>>
I really only use chans because I can filter what type of content you see. I tend to shy away from more mainstream social media because they're full of hot air, twitter I specifically shied away from because I checked it out recently and it was mostly people using the recent hurricane to shittalk trump.
>>
Just FB. Even then, it's just to keep up with family.

>>1551970
>he considers the *chans social media
Gb2//soc/
>>
>>1551975
They are though, they literally exist to socialize and share content.
>>
>>1551975
>>1551970
¥chan
First off, it's called an ``imageboard''. Imageboards are bulletin board systems (BBS), which are forums, which are a form of social media.
>>
>>1551991
BBS not of the chan breed are dead, or have like five posters.
>>
I would if I could
>>
I thought that social medias are defined by networking and specialized pages for its users, you really cannot do that on anonymous sites, thus completely negating the main characteristics of social sites.
>>
>>1551964
noun: social media; plural noun: social medias

websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.

Don't know if 4chan/imageboards/ordinary forums fall under this definition, if yes, then, well, yes, otherwise no.
>>
I only use 4chan. I've never even made a facebook account. I like anonymity for pure reasons, and good rules make me stick around.

>>1551970
>I tend to shy away from more mainstream social media because they're full of hot air
As opposed to 4chan?
>>
>>1552063
I said before that I can filter out the hot air here
>>
>>1552093
no you can't
>>
>>1552093
no matter how hard you're filtering this place you're still looking for diamonds in a garbage dump
>>
No, but I hope to one day overcome my aversion for social media and find friends.
>>
>>1551964
I use twitter and a little instagram to keep up with news and artists, I used to use Facebook for a few years after it came out, it was new and pretty fun but I don't really agree with it, like privacy and everything. I still have it though so I can find people and they can find me, just last year I met up with someone from my old school, I've been considering deleting it but I'm not sure, not like I really use it anyway.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.