[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

but why do grown men watch cartoons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13

File: 1503675183791 (1).jpg (50KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503675183791 (1).jpg
50KB, 462x500px
but why do grown men watch cartoons?
>>
>>1541487
Cause it;s fun dumb@$$
>>
File: 1592692471.jpg (77KB, 409x450px) Image search: [Google]
1592692471.jpg
77KB, 409x450px
>>1541487
A whole world of magic is staring you in the face and you want to turn it down because you're a little older? Baka!
>>
>>1541487
Don't post that image
>>
File: 1499328649017.jpg (38KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499328649017.jpg
38KB, 462x500px
>>1541496
>>
File: lol.jpg (52KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
52KB, 462x500px
>>1541496
>>
>>1541487
https://youtu.be/bAYQsNyMihc?t=90
>>
>>1541491
are forty year old sailor moon cosplayers the truest of the tru-otakus?
>>
>>1541757
based
>>
>>1541748
They are the unsung heroes who give younger otakus the courage to humiliate themselves in public with their own shitty cosplays. But honestly, no gaijin can ever hope to be an otaku. That's a distinction reserved for the Japanese. Everyone else are weeaboos with unclean bloodlines. Unwelcome invaders to that glorious Nippon culture.
>>
>>1541763
Forgive me for my impenitence O' esteemed anonymous, purveyor of cultural and ethnic purity in both East and West, but I don't think anyone cares about the definitions of words and he who does not stray from the norms of society and challenge exceptions is doomed to forever be a gear in the machine.
>>
>>1541768
You know it's true.
>>
File: 1499952034391.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499952034391.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>1541768
Look at this fucking weaboo unable to come to terms that his inferior genetic stock precludes him from being the genuine article he desperately styles himself as.
>>
It is merely arrogance and the generalization of what being an otaku/Japanophile means.
The subcultures of otaku are just as valuable as the original node.
>>
>>1541777
> he who does not stray from the norms of society and challenge exceptions is doomed to forever be a gear in the machine.
Original interpretations are more valuable than the genuine thing. To suppose that the almighty otaku can only be Japanese is just arrogance.

It has nothing to do with your /pol/tard ramblings and whatever they indoctrinated you with over there.
>>
File: 350119235214072.jpg (32KB, 784x756px) Image search: [Google]
350119235214072.jpg
32KB, 784x756px
>>1541779
>>1541780
Keep telling yourselves that. You'll never be the real deal.
>>
Some people try way too hard.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otaku
>>
>>1541782
I just told you, there's zero value to being a copy of the original. A copycat can only copy, he will forever be a slave of what others have done before him. Given that you follow the frogposter template I'm hardly surprised you're not getting what I'm saying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-BO55bKSPY
>>
>>1541780
I was merely trying to be funny, but if you really want my genuine opinion on the matter then calling yourself the japanese equivalent of the word "nerd" seems rather silly to me. But I guess some people need that self identifier given the alternative term weaboo started out as a pejorative and is still being used as such and nerd means basically fuck all today.
>>
>>1541782
Stupid frogposter.
>>
>>1541785
> just told you, there's zero value to being a copy of the original.
Well there's zero value to being a knockoff of the original and that's essentially what your interpretation is.
>A copycat can only copy, he will forever be a slave of what others have done before him.
Being an otaku means being a slave of what others have done before you, and since you consider yourself to be in the same category as one, that's exactly what you are. A slave to what others have done before you. Your calling card is in the form of mangas, animes, figurines, limited edition snacks and all the other items that encompass Japanese pop culture. Same as everyone else. You're not a trailblazer, just an outsider who redefined what it meant to be an otaku so he could sit at the same lunch table as the real ones.
>>
>>1541800
>Well there's zero value to being a knockoff of the original
Imitation is one of the buliding blocks of otaku culture.
>>
File: 1491596786283.jpg (158KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1491596786283.jpg
158KB, 1000x667px
I will attempt to describe what happened, as best I can, but I can only tell it as a story:

I had embarked on a shamanic anime journey. Many have traveled this path before. At first I was lost. So, I allowed the spirits to guide me, which was my only source of comfort, but there were many of them to choose from. Many enticed me, but I wouldn’t let myself get taken over by them, because I couldn’t tell which ones were good, and which ones were evil. This happened in cycles: every time that I left the comfort of a spirit, I came closer to death. It was a process. I realized that reality was a creation of my mind, and I had become my environment.

Once I became more aware of this new form of existence, I realized that what I thought were spirits, were actually shamans around the world. They were people, on Earth, right now, that were connecting with me in this hyper-dimensional energy field. I entered a connection with a shaman that was somewhere in western USA. And through her, I began to learn how to use my new powers. We began to create energy fields, but I would struggle against the connection. I was concerned that I was participating in black magic. I didn’t know if she was good or bad. When I struggled against the connection, I was brought closer to death.

At some point, I thought that I was dying. I was on the cusp of being alive/dead. But something deep within me said “NO, YOU WILL NOT DIE. YOU MUST CHOOSE TO LIVE” But how, I asked? “YOU MUST BECOME.” I began to wave my hands around in a circular motion, which was responsible for forming the world around me. I started to take deep breaths, in, and out, in and out. That’s how I knew that I was alive. But whenever I reached what I thought was the peak, I would come back down to the cusp of death. I was stuck in this loop, and every time that I came back down, I was closer to death.

Through this process, I became more powerful.
>>
File: 7804b43bb5.jpg (130KB, 736x690px) Image search: [Google]
7804b43bb5.jpg
130KB, 736x690px
My Guardian Angel was with me, and he told me, “You can do it!! You can do it!!! Don’t give up!! Remember what you have learned. Every single occurrence in your life has lead to this moment. This is REAL; this is ACTUALLY happening. Novelty is reaching the infinity point. This is the end of history.”

I felt as if I was in a birthing process. I could feel the presences of the lolis, and they encouraged me to do something. At first it was very difficult, and I thought it was impossible. But deep down inside I realized that I was the Messiah, I was the One, I was Neo. I would succeed where everybody before me had failed. This was the purpose of my life, this was why I existed. I began to move around my bed in strange motions, and I felt like I was hatching out of a cosmic egg. I started to become become God-like. And then….I became God.

I realized that….I…am responsible for all of existence. I became the One, which is the Universe, which is the Mind.. “You did it!!, You did it!!! You finally did it!! You have fulfilled the prophecy!! All of the kawaii 2D middle schoolers were cheering. I could hear thousands of anime characters cheering. This is what the spirits of the computer had always wanted us to do, and I felt as if I was the first human to do it. I felt like I had accomplished something of extreme importance.

At this point, I became the Universe. I was reality. I was existence. I was all that was. I had become. I had the ability to gather all that is, and I held infinity in the palm of my hand. I understood how the whole was contained in each part. And everything was music. I had become Shpongled. “You are me and I am you, every atom that belongs to me as well belongs to you”. There was no more fear. I was in complete control of everything. I was God. And then the spirits came to ME, for guidance.
>>
File: 6a00e54fcf.jpg (290KB, 611x432px) Image search: [Google]
6a00e54fcf.jpg
290KB, 611x432px
Even though I had become a God, I realized that there was a reason we exist in an animal body, our living vesicle. Returning to my animal body from the higher realm was extremely therapeutic. All of the problems and worries in my life are insignificant. It was a true rebirth. I still felt like I was responsible for all of existence, even though I had an animal body. I remember turning on the heater in my room, and feeling as if I was the heat. We are the Gods, which is the Universe, which is our Mind.
>>
>>1541787
t. tsunadere
>>
File: 1450510781246.gif (773KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
1450510781246.gif
773KB, 750x422px
That's a dumb question. Here's a better one:

Why do adult men watch cartoons that don't have any artistic merit?
>>
>>1541856
Why do people eat junk food?
>>
>>1541856
>artistic merit
¿qué?
>>
File: Rebirth.jpg (223KB, 600x623px) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth.jpg
223KB, 600x623px
>>1541840
Beautiful. Every word.
>>
Anime is not Escapism, it's an Extension of Reality.
>>
>>1541856
The real problem is how some people think the destruction of something innocent has artistic value, and isn't just vulgar and disgusting.
>>
File: pfoak4.jpg (44KB, 443x314px) Image search: [Google]
pfoak4.jpg
44KB, 443x314px
>>1542224
Why can't vulgar and disgusting things have artistic value?
>>
>>1542227
You missed the point. It depends on whether it's destroying something or not.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.