[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/r9k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1493359076866.gif (669KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493359076866.gif
669KB, 480x480px
Do you think the Robot should be removed from /r9k/? It doesn't inspire/encourage originality and it doesn't serve any purpose at all aside from slapping people on the wrist, which is useless since everyone just puts gibberish somewhere in their posts to avoid it. They never get banned for doing it either.

And yes, I know how dumb it is to have ANOTHER topic-less board with no gimmick, but you are seriously reaching if you think /r9k/ is fine the way it is. Maybe if it caught image hashes it would be a lot better?

What do you think?
>>
Eh, it was worth a shot. It's a userbase issue and not a board one.
>>
>And yes, I know how dumb it is to have ANOTHER topic-less board with no gimmick

That's the thing though, without the one unique feature the entire board should just be deleted instead of bothering with such a weak half-measure. There's no real reason most of what /r9k/ dwellers like to discuss can't just go back to /b/. It might actually do /b/ some good.
>>
/b/ this, /b/e that
a/b/loo /b/loo
>>
>>1540863
/r9k/'s gimmick IS the robot. It was supposed to be /b/ without the /b/, but somehow or another a bunch of edgy depressed anons turned it into their home. I'd honestly rather see a new board, perhaps with a name like /l/ - The Soapbox, or something like that, where all the edgy anons can fuck off to. Then /r9k/ can be what it was supposed to be. In my opinion something like that would have made a much better addition than /bant/.
>>
It will never be what it's meant to be. Boards are brand names people are emotionally attached to.
>>
>>1540906
>Boards are brand names people are emotionally attached to.
Woah... that's deep breh.
>>
File: 1452392086705.jpg (396KB, 770x980px) Image search: [Google]
1452392086705.jpg
396KB, 770x980px
>>1540907
Nobody wants to admit whenever they mention a board's name, there's always a certain biased sentiment attached to it, be it negative or positive. That alone tells you how the DNA of a human being functions. At this point, it's a matter of using this knowledge against them if you want to see some real change.
>>
delete the board and make them move to /b/ instead.
>>
>>1540863
No. Without the robot, /r9k/ is just another random board.
>>
I think it should block image-hashes and be strengthened to catch similarly-worded posts rather than just clone-posts. It should also have Google's toxicity filter and automatically block all posts above 30% toxicity, and then this Nu Robotâ„¢ should be unleashed on the rest of 4chan for a day and the only way to turn it off would be to buy a pass. I think it would be pretty funny.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.