[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you browse 4chan and reddit at the same time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1503230923385.jpg (72KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1503230923385.jpg
72KB, 530x600px
>tfw you browse 4chan and reddit at the same time
>>
>>1536456
I wish my autism would allow me to like reddit, I really do. You who see no issue with the karma system are truly blessed, the internet as a whole must still seem a paradise to you.
>>
>>1536690
Why does a system need to be perfect to enjoy it? *generally* karma gets the most popular posts to the top and the unpopular ones to the bottom, and popularity is roughly correlated with quality, so I get to see quality posts quickly.
>>
>>1536712
>popularity is roughly correlated with quality,
Really only for threads and links, not for conversations.
>>
>>1536715
Yes, thats why I said roughly. Of course there are cases where you don't agree with the most popular post, but if its a joke subreddit or something, its a good bet that the stuff with more upvotes is funnier than the stuff with less upvotes.
>>
>>1536716
>if its a joke subreddit or something, its a good bet that the stuff with more upvotes is funnier
This is never true. Reddit's mass sense of humor is predictable and lame.
>>
>>1536717
It doesn't matter how funny reddit is as a whole, relatively what I said is true - and we wern't talking about reddits userbase, we were talking about the karma system
>You who see no issue with the karma system are truly blessed
>>
>>1536718
The karma system is the cause though. Even when doing research on this I ran into reddit posts who themselves claim the majority of content posted there is just for karma.
Content there is only interesting or funny if you take it all at face value and never question why it was actually posted.
It might work ok for just straight faced technical discussion, but even in that domain it's still risky because as soon as discussion turns into debate then again you're going to have people pulling their punches or trying too hard to appease the greater community and the hivemind prevails. This wouldn't be an issue if it was just plain votes, but it's the lingering profile statistics (the karma) that ruins it all.
>>
>>1536456
So... does that mean you just look at Reddit to gawk at them or get news or something? You know, I've heard a lot about 4chan through reddit's lens, but I haven't seen a bunch of 4chan people talk about how reddit is a new and interesting experience or anything.
>>
>>1536690
You can sort thread comments chronologically, I'm pretty sure. The quote system is what pisses me off.
>>
>>1536901
Well yeah, but then there's still this issue >>1536737
I mean, I'm not someone who just hates reddit for the sake of it, I'll still read it if a google search leads me there. It's just that I spend most of my time online to have fun, not for news or debate. And trying to enjoy yourself when surrounded by tons of content posted by tryhards trying to earn vanity points while pretending they're not just doesn't sound fun to me. No matter how I personally tweak the appearance of the site that flaw is still there.
I would love to use a reddit clone without karma one day if someone ever makes one. Until then, no thank you. I'll never understand people who can enjoy that site, but at the same time I think they're kind of lucky if they can. Similar to pretty much every major modern discussion site today.
>>
>>1536740
I actually just browse it to check popular trends.
>>
I'd like to browse reddit, but I'm afraid of what 4chan will think of me.

The only reason I hate on reddit in the first place is because that's what everyone here does.
>>
>>1536690
The Karma system is your problem? The biggest in my eyes is the one you see as soon as you visit it, the absolute eye-cancer layout.
>>
The karma system is easily bypassed in the user account preferences by setting your view threshold to show you posts with 0 karma and then sorting all subreddits by 'what's new' instead of 'what's hot'. Anyone bitching about karma probably isn't aware of this.
>>
>>1537005
I don't give a shit about layout. I don't use reddit at all but from what I see occasionally it always seemed to have a simple non-flashy layout that I do have to admit gives me a little respect for them.
>>
>>1537007
then you are just overflooded with hundreds of different posts that don't matter while you still can't see any conversation going on in the threads themselves nicely sorted from oldest to latest directly on the frontpage just like on 4chan
>>
>>1537007
Did you know you can put your hands over your eyes while someone robs your house and not have to see it happen?
Anyone bitching about their house being robbed probably isn't aware of this.
>>
>>1537013
It's more like things that don't conform with the local groupthink get downvoted and memes of the week get upvoted. Whether the content is good or not depends on the subreddit. The people who browse /r/all are the cancer there.
>>
>>1537014
This is a really shitty analogy, man. I expect better out of you next time.
>>
>>1537017
Did you know you can put your hands over your eyes while sucking my cock and just pretend it's a lolipop?
Anyone bitching about it probably isn't aware of this.
>>
>>1537025
No I didn't know that. Nobody knew that but you. Only you would have thought of something like that to begin with.
>>
>>1536456
>im 12 btw
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.