[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thread for the sole purpose of communicating with kinomod

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 14

File: 1497617598518.jpg (77KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1497617598518.jpg
77KB, 768x768px
I am posting this here because posting it on /a/ would get me banned.

>Please avoid making threads in “general” or “template” formats. Avoid chaining threads, copy-pasting OPs, backlinks, and the like.
So does using the Subject count as template or not?

>Avoid redirecting all discussion of a series to a single thread. Users are free to discuss similar content in separate threads as long as threads are not being spammed.
Generals are frowned upon but you’re encouraging redundant threads? Is that not spam?

>As commonly recurring threads tend to suffer from degradation of quality over time, posts inside such threads may be held to higher standards in terms of rules 6 (Quality of Posts) and 10 (Spamming/Excessive Reposting).
Perfect

>Threads in /a/ should be primarily based on anime/manga discussion. Consider using either >>>/e/, >>>/y/, >>>/c/, >>>/h/ or >>>/cm/ for image sharing threads, and >>>/bant/ or >>>/trash/ for generals which have long since exhausted all fresh discussion.
What are you going to do with long running shows? Or threads about series whose material comes out more than once a week, e.g. manga and LNs while adaptation is running? Or threads centered on morning shows?

>Discussion should be centered on series and characters, not the posters or communities that discuss said series and characters.
Perfect.

>Aim for original discussion or content, both when creating OPs and posting inside threads, and allow threads to die naturally.
Perfect. Good luck on this one.

>Request threads belong on >>>/r/ or >>>/wsr/, and “spoonfeeding” is not encouraged as that degrades the point/validity of using those other boards. Lurk and learn, rather than demand chores from the board.
Perfect.

> Threads which are /a/ related but have no clear alternative forms (such as buyfag/drawfag) are allowed as long as they follow these guidelines.
But what about your contradicting guidelines.
>>
I hate that image.
>>
Just stop acting dumb. Grow up a little.
>>
>>1533221
lmao fuck off you clown
>>
>>1533225
If it makes you feel better, so do the mods
>>
Lurk more, you fucking newfag.
>>
File: 1494991944133.png (388KB, 885x415px) Image search: [Google]
1494991944133.png
388KB, 885x415px
>tfw mods are sjw cucks
>>
File: 1501684627394.jpg (48KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1501684627394.jpg
48KB, 720x644px
why do mods allow /pol/ to get constantly spammed and brigaded and antagonized but the quality of /a/ is always looked after? it doesnt seem very fair.
>>
File: file.png (11KB, 563x62px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
11KB, 563x62px
>>
File: ultimatum.jpg (101KB, 1312x250px) Image search: [Google]
ultimatum.jpg
101KB, 1312x250px
And they didn't do it last time because?
>>
>>1533221
Kek. Mods dun goofed so hard they're handing "ban evasion" bans to everybody they don't like.

Bravo mods.
#doit4free
>>
>>
>>1533221
I wonder if I contributed to this? I made a post a while back in how every thread on /a/ is a general now and listed off 10 to 15 of the generals we see daily when the majority of posters disagreed that there were generals on /a/
>>
>>1533246
but we all know the mods are reading, and fuming in sheer rage at our epic threads
>>
>>1533241
you're really proud of that edit, aren't you?
>>
>>1533255
yes
>>
File: XaASXAUwfALiCCd.png (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
XaASXAUwfALiCCd.png
39KB, 400x400px
As usual, mods are hypocrites. If generals are harmful to the boards, then all generals should go. No cherrypicking should be allowed.

But oh well, doesn't affect /jp/ so not my problem
>>
So why buyfag and drawfag threads get a pass? Biufah is almost understandable, but drawfag is literally a circlejerk of waifufags wanting free shit for themselves.
>>
Please ban /jp/ generals too. Bring back the good old days.
>>
>>1533268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRviuL6vMY
>>
>>1533257
>cherrypicking
There's not enough generals on the board to do any cherrypicking. Trip and fall with your face on your onahole triplefaglet.
>>
>>1533257
You're just being autistic. The point of this is to promote discussion and remove all the retards who force threads about nothing. The sticky is very clear.
>>
>>1533243
because the board is /b/3.0
>>
>>1533301
no it isnt, /bant/ is
>>
I thought kinomod was dead
>>
>>1533312
He comes back every year for one month to do the same shit and fail at it.
>>
>So does using the Subject count as template or not?
No, why would it? Template is like "where were you when X" or "why is X so Y?"

>Generals are frowned upon but you’re encouraging redundant threads?
Not redundant threads, but one show can have multiple threads if the OPs focus on different things.
>Is that not spam?
No it isn't, look up the definitions of spam.

>What are you going to do with long running shows? Or threads about series whose material comes out ...
Then there's fresh content for discussion.

>But what about your contradicting guidelines.
I agree. This is just appeasing what mods consider to be /a/ groupthink which says "buyfag thread good" etc.

>>1533243
/a/ has been the staff favorite board for centuries. Lurk more.
>>
>>1533322
>/a/ has been the staff favorite board for centuries. Lurk more.
wow thanks for stating the obvious, faggot. doesnt change that its not fair.
>>
>>1533322
>if the OPs focus on different things.
He ouright says "discuss similar content", it's still the same redundant core topic and only encourages new users to open threads that take up space.
>>
>>1533243
That's just how things are. Memes are fine and all, but they have a price, and /pol/ is paying for it..
>>
>>1533322
>/a/ groupthink which says "buyfag thread good"
So what about DJT, scanlation, sadpanda, monsume, and all other "generals" that are supposedly not approved?
Is either ban them all, or allow them all. There can't be no in-between, mod-favoritism shenanigans.
>>
>>1533328
Most generals are already up under reformated OPs, man it didn't even take half a day.
>>
>uses irc
>get banned from irc without a single reply

>uses feedback
>nothing happens
>>
>>1533324
>its not fair.
No one cares. Or rather no one who can change it cares.

>>1533326
Discuss similar content as in discuss the same show.

>>1533328
> ban them all
I agree.
>>
File: file.png (18KB, 806x341px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
18KB, 806x341px
kinomod is on, has anyone communicated with him yet?
>>
>>1533221
>>
>>1533241
my god, you're a loser.

get some sun, kid and suck my cock, dude
>>
>>1533444
Oh that's kinomod? How do you know?
>>
>>1533241
mfw somebody took their time to make this image but nobody took the time to read it
>>
>>1533279
this
>>
>>1533831
It's in the leaked IRC logs.

(15:52:20) ‹+Azatsu› besides he's well known on /a/
(15:52:28) ‹%kami`› am I?
(15:52:34) ‹+Azatsu› search kinomod on the archive
(15:52:36) ‹+Azatsu› see for yourself
(15:52:47) ‹%kami`› they know kino is kami`?
(15:52:50) ‹+AoC› but not linked to the kami` name though
(15:52:51) ‹+Azatsu› a few know
>>
Why are you deleting lib threads on /pol/?

http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/138267818/#q138267818
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/138260151/#q138260151
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/138264303/#q138264303
>>
>>1533844
Woah, nice detective work! Not you necessarily but whoever found that.
>>
>>1533241
Seething.
>>
>>1533243
Why are you trying to discuss politics on an anime imageboard?
>>
>>1533221
I really hope gook moot removes the rogue mod that stickied that shitpost.
>>
So when is sakurafish getting executed, it's always the same fucking guy with the same fucking shitpost.
>>
>>1533252
But the generals are the only reason to go to /a/.
You expect me to participate and/or shitpost in threads about animemes/mangos that are shit and no one watches/reads?
Fuck off, nardo, dragonball, and hero academy generals are here to stay.
>>
>>1534540
B-B-BUT IT'S BOARD CULTURE...! xd
>>
>>1533221
pussy shit op post it on /a/ so you can get feedback from the people that actually browse the board, not this circle jerk. the worst that will happen will be a 3 day ban at most, which would make the mods faggots.
>>
Let's clear up some misunderstandings from this, no?

- Generals, from how mods have handled this so far, clearly appear bannable only up to a certain extent/tier of shittiness of the thread; it looks like there was never intent to completely choke off subjects that had a general just on principle, so much as de-shit-ize the garbage ones like DBS and SnK and prevent full-on /vg/ type formats from becoming a thing.

- Reminder, they already killed several more-expendable generals (like Monmusu and Kancolle) because they just didn't really have enough super relevant /a/ content to merit 24-7 status. It's really fucking hard to justify this same rubric for weekly-airing shows like DBS or BnHA even if the threads are COMPLETE shit, because current-airing is /a/'s lifeblood and it is a slippery slope to arbitrarily deny current shows. So, these rubrics dictating threads might be removed under shitty enough circumstances even if airing is in fact an extreme blessing that you should be thankful for. Would you rather they literally did nothing about those shonen generals? Don't be fucking spoiled brats about this; it's already a fucking godsend compared to what pretty much any other board would get mod-wise.

- buyfag is fine because scales just can't go on /toy/, and /jp/ both has multiple board specific buyfag threads of its own and would not want to be talking about /a/ stuff on there (they would just shit on a ported /a/ buyfag until it dies)

- For those bitching about it, remember that DJT had degenerated into a fucking blogfest. It used to be fine years ago but turned into needlessly condescending and unhelpful circlejerk with multiple people who openly didn't even like or use /a/ for anything besides it. They fucking had it coming.
>>
>>1535719
Mods don't actually care about the contents inside a thread. They're just looking for the OP format. That's how lazy they are.
One of the weekly drawthreads is in a much worse state than DJT, and that's allowed somehow.
>>
File: Yum.png (115KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
Yum.png
115KB, 420x420px
>>1534540
If it comes to that it will likely be moved to either /qa/ or /bant/. /a/ is experiencing the same nazimod crackdown that /jp/ had to go through, it seems, where everything is generalized.
>>
File: 1317025012064.jpg (133KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1317025012064.jpg
133KB, 600x338px
>>1536450
The point of cracking down on generals and unoriginal aka templated threads is specifically to improve the board, not just because mods felt like being dicks. This is actually quite the opposite of what happened on /jp/ where a couple subjects got funneled into generals, rather the point of what's going on on /a/ is to reverse that trend of the board being more and more holed up in generals and growing a widening desert of nothing between them.

/a/ had asked for fucking years for a general crackdown and this is probably as close as it can fairly/conceivably get. Re-learn how to make actually-interesting, original threads, or rather, newfags will have to learn from the start that there is more to /a/ and 4chan as a whole than just "go to catalog, look up your daily general, hang out in it".
>>
Not sure how mods actually plan to handle/execute the changes, but as far as I'm concerned most of the problems outlined with template threads are really nuanced, as the problem with them and generals isn't their existence per se, but more about how rampant they are. The key in moderation is not only the content on its own, but the frequency it's being posted, meaning in practicalities that there might be little to no problems with having a general thread for a show and episode when said episode airs and is current and people are discussing it, it's probably even agreeable to have a general thread about a series few months after it's aired, the issue arises when there is a complete chain for months for series that is over and it basically consists of the same exact images and posts, ranging from "I want to coppulate with this girl", "why is this character so garbage, she ruined the whole thing", up to "This series is gaia and everyone who likes it is Gaia". Also having a bit bland/generic thread from time to time could be fine, but when like quarter of threads that get created looks like something /tv/ shitposter spawned, then there's something amiss. That's also why people will be always complaning about the moderation, since it is arbitrary and will be always uneven, but the alternative to such moderation is to let people run amok and constantly posting garbage, which is something people have been complaining about some time already, calling /a/ /atv/ and for a reason and since /a/ is pretty much the golden child for the moderation team, it's probably the only board they'd be willing to moderate to such degree as this.
>>
>>1536455
That sounds like a good thing in theory, though in practice the only thing I see is the generals moving to other boards they're they're tolerated and taking their user bases with them rather then dissipating into /a/.
>>
no dick u dont have a dick youdipenis is just go e theirs not even a wound anymore juts the apscene of a dick
>>
Why is it that mods tell people to lurk more when they're the ones who need to lurk the most? This is ironic.
And really, the sticky doesn't say anything at all about getting rid of generals. All it does is remind newfags why their "ochaco edition" threads keep getting deleted, it's because mods don't want to see threads being started with the general format (or arbitrarily-decided templates). It also happens to give mods and janitors the power to delete any thread they feel like deleting for no reason at all, even if they don't break any of the guidelines mentioned in that sticky, which seems to be the part of it they're abusing the most.
If anything, overmoderation is what killed /a/.
>two archives with posts that go all the way back to 2009
>neither of them have their search working
Isn't it amazing.
>>
By the way, those guidelines aren't new. At all. Everyone who has used the board AT LEAST for the past year should be familiar with them.
>>
File: 1476483124176.jpg (9KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1476483124176.jpg
9KB, 300x222px
>>1533221
Lift the range/ISP ban for germany on /a/, RIGHT NOW
>>
>>1536591
this but unironically
>>
>>1536591
this so much
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.