[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between passive-aggression and aggression?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: f8ff475ff0af9e83d5c61e7d6407c0b1.jpg (314KB, 1917x1994px) Image search: [Google]
f8ff475ff0af9e83d5c61e7d6407c0b1.jpg
314KB, 1917x1994px
What's the difference between passive-aggression and aggression?
>>
>>1532119
Go ask google, dumb weebposter
>>
>>1532145
No.
>>
Here are a few examples.

Aggressive: Ask Google, fucking retard.
Passive-aggressive: no point in explaining it to someone too dumb to just Google it

Aggressive: you illiterate disgusting weeaboo.
Passive-aggressive: people who like drawings are really dumb after all.

Aggressive: pathetic manchild, you're a miserable failure
Passive-aggressive: seems the stereotype of dumb loser weeaboos isn't just a stereotype

Aggression is directly targeted at the person.
Passive aggression is something subtle, in between the lines, doesn't refer to the person being insulted directly, it could be said to be a polite way to insult someone.
>>
passive aggression = "instead of articulating how I feel for the purpose of achieving mutual understanding with you, I will propose a disconnect between what I offer and how I feel, and do so in a negative way"

i.e.: Your roommate drank your beer without your permission, so you murder his dog. Passive aggression doesn't have to be ever witnessed by the one subject to it, nor does it have to be known by the one subject to it that it's from you for it to be passive aggressive; it's passive aggressive anyway.

aggression = passive aggression but direct

i.e.: You punch someone.

In both scenarios you are buttmad at someone's failure to conform, but you don't articulate it, so you're both proposing a disconnect in your feeling and your action since you aren't explicitly proposing the breadth of what upsets you and why it does, and you're subjecting someone to your personal understanding of evil because of it. Only "aggression" is always witnessed by the one subject to it, where "passive aggression" isn't necessarily. They both suffer from the same inherent intellectual disconnect however, for obviously no matter if you punch someone or murder their dog, you don't without room for misinterpretation enlighten the subject of what you think is evil and why you believe it's such. For all the subject knows in either instance your passive aggression in both scenarios is due to your hating his mother, but do you think this is inherently conveyed in either action? Hence why they're passive aggressive.

tl;dr: passive aggression = disconnect between purpose and what you offer
aggression = passive aggression which the one subject to it witnesses
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.