[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the afterlife like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 1501943023189.png (1003KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501943023189.png
1003KB, 1280x720px
What is the afterlife like?
>>
>>1528107
shitty
>>
File: 1495416957697.png (113KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495416957697.png
113KB, 300x300px
Very cute.
>>
>>1528107
You are living it and have before. Many, many times.
>>
>>1528107
Something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXTpASSd9xE
>>
many normalfags say from their near death experiences they go to somewhere nice

however

most places normalfags consider nice feel very hostile to me

i wonder if that means i'll go to hell
>>
>>1528150
Near death is not death.
Think about this, the only physically possible way they could even report what they experienced is if it was still recorded to their brains memories somewhere.

So basically you have an experience and total communication of that ethereal experience to your meat brain just so it can be recorded allowing you to tell the story when you wake up? No, any true death experience, even if someone had one and came back to life from it, would not be remembered in any way.

What "near death" experiences are is nothing more mysterious than dreaming or taking drugs.
>>
File: brain.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
brain.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>1528164
How does Link carry all that stuff?
>>
>>1528164
doesnt mean i wont have a good dream. but besides NDE i think that when we die we reincarnate

i mean bear with me

when i die ill be buried. my molecules will be recycled in the graveyard's ecosystem. a pack of molecules that were once the same atoms of my prefrontal cortex are eaten by a worm. another is eaten by a grasshopper. another digested by fungus. another by plants. and i go through the food chain. at times i'll be the blood cells of a worm. at times i will be a grasshopper's consciousness. at times i'll be grass. and for eons i will cycle through the ecosystem. maybe someday the spores of plants you i am will get blown by the wind into a farm and cows eat those spores and i become a cow and then milk and then that milk is had by a female human who gives birth to a baby and now im human again.

this reincarnation goes on for billions of years until our planet is consumed by the sun, its sad and painful, theres no way out

if consciousness exists at an atomic (or even subatomic level), even if a very rudimentary form of consciousness, you best hope that your atoms wont feel any pain when the sun swallows this earth. if atoms have consciousness youll feel the rage of the universe for billions of trillions of quintillions of years until the last super massive black holes naturally decay through hawking radiation and the then another who knows how many heptazillion years until the last protons decay

and then another quantum fluctuation gives birth to a new universe and you have to go through all of it again

i think this universe is hell.

i would like there to be a god who listens to my prayers and sympathizes with my misery and my suffering but i know there isnt and its extremely disappointing knowing i wont be compensated for going through a completely miserable, pointless, useless and inherently bad life full of pain.

im sorry if you didnt expect this kind of reply, maybe youre just being ironic and i dont realize it. sorry for being a retard
>>
>>1528185
*doesnt mean i will have a good dream
fixed

i also think its impossible for consciousness to vanish becuase time cannot be perceived when dead. so the only possible thing that can happen is to be born again as something else. its like with the big bang, it happened because there was nothing and for nothing to be conceived something must exist. whenever you die you immediatly wake up as something else because time cant be perceived as you are dead. like how you always wake up immediatly after falling asleep. unfortunately we cant choose or know how we wake up, and its probably in ways much more painful that human existence. and the worst part is we don't remember any of it. when i die i wont remember my own struggles, hopes, dreams that kind of thing. i wont remember who i was whatever i wake up as. i wish it was different but its how it is.
>>
>>1528185
>>1528191
https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Items_in_Ocarina_of_Time
>>
>>1528170
>>1528206
hmm

so i wasted my time writing an essay long reply to an epic teenbro reference
>>
>>1528107
what did it feel like before you were ever born? that feeling, absolutely nothing
>>
>>1528210
No you silly.
How does Link carry all that stuff?
Where is it? Is it on his person? His body?
No...it is somewhere else isn't it?
But...he can manifest it and use it at his own convenience.
But what do you think would have been the fate of Hyrule had Link never took the time to press [start] from time to time?
You have the tools my friend.
Press [start] and find them.
>>
>>1528218
i guess schizo is right
nobody on /qa/ takes anything seriously
>>
>>1528252
Are you one of those speedrunner types? You still have to press start you know.
>>
File: 1487230606014.png (2MB, 842x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1487230606014.png
2MB, 842x1192px
You respawn as a cute girl.
>>
>>1528532
Oh boy better kill myself then!
See you fuckers later!
>>
>>1528185
>>1528191
I'm the one you responded to, and I was serious.

And I agree with you, although I highly doubt your actual atoms have anything to do with consciousness. My best guess is that the brain itself isn't even conscious and it is merely a generator of consciousness, it's the engine, and that what is actually conscious itself is the energy.
This is actually supported by simulations that mimic brain activity and memory, which in such cases memory is actually _not_ stored in the neural patheways, memory exists in the complex makeup of the electromagnetic fields.
Of course in a real biological system both these fields and the brain itself would "grow up" together and the brain will over time become a more efficient generator capable of also restoring memories.

But even energy is not created or destroyed either.
It seems to me that no matter how you look at it, the conclusion that we eventually live again after death is inescapable, even if it's a totally different universe with different laws of physics and different modes of "life".
>>
Doesn't exist
>>
Nothingness, which is the best kind of afterlife possible when you actually think about it.
>>
>>1529158
Except that's kind of a paradox really.

I think what people really mean to say when they answer this kind of question with "nothingnes" is that the question itself is nonsense because "you" cease to exist upon death. So the question is asking about someone's point of view, but that persons point of view becomes undefined rendering the question nonsensical.

To actually say that the answer is "nothingness" implies that some part of that person still exists from which to experience "nothingness", and that's the paradox. So it's better to just not answer the question at all saying it makes no sense than to say you experience nothingness after death.
>>
>>1529643
I never said that he would experience nothingness, nothingness is the best way to describe what happens after death. How OP is meant to comprehend the nothingness is none of my concern.
>>
>>1529716
Fair enough
>>
>>1529142
Glad we could collaborate on that.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.