[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people prefer to post with avatars, despite that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1490589003406.png (238KB, 517x541px) Image search: [Google]
1490589003406.png
238KB, 517x541px
Why do some people prefer to post with avatars, despite that being against the rules and detrimental to the anonymous nature of the imageboard?

Is it because they are attention whores who got bullied out of their social networking sites and so needed somewhere that would accept their drama, or are they just mentally handicapped in a way they can't understand behavioral norms?
>>
File: Cheeks Tsumugi.png (192KB, 210x287px) Image search: [Google]
Cheeks Tsumugi.png
192KB, 210x287px
Idk; we ought to find one and ask
>>
>>1515786
They're plain old attention whores or they just want their chosen character to be part of "board culture".
>>
dumb frog was most likely someone's OC avatar that he kept posting, it caught on and others started using it in turn.

Avataring is part of 4chan tradition.
>>
>>1515794
It was just a reaction image that was easy to apply to posts so it kept getting posted, then it turned into sad frog iirc. From there it just snowballed into getting a full set of reaction images and different offshoots.
>>
>>1515790
go back there
>>
>>1515786
Tripping is more detrimental to the anonymous nature of an imageboard, but you will defend those. At least with avatars, there is plausible deniability that the person you are speaking to is just an imitator with a copied file name. Tripping removes all doubt that you are an attention seeking faggot.
>>
>>1515796
Yeah but at one point there was one guy who posted feels good man until people started copying him.
>>
>>1515826
But I hate both .
>>
File: 1502493213199.png (169KB, 626x689px) Image search: [Google]
1502493213199.png
169KB, 626x689px
>>1516402
Bot-jp, I haven't seen you all day.
>>
>>1516882
Just as I thought, this post was a stealth bump.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.