[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you react when someone recognizes you from another board?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: 1497054946981.jpg (98KB, 972x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497054946981.jpg
98KB, 972x1080px
How do you react when someone recognizes you from another board?
>>
File: IMG_0092.png (390KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0092.png
390KB, 600x630px
What makes you easily recognizable? No one can even recognize me on my most frequent board.
>>
I recognized one of my favorite /jp/ posters on a certain /vg/ general last year. I haven't been there since then though and I don't know where he is now.
>>
>>1514400
dumb inconspicuous phoneposter
>>
I've had someone recognize me over several websites
>>
I've spotted at least three different /qa/ regulars on the Jay, but I didn't say anything.
>>
I'm usually embarrassed, even if they thank me for help I used to give.
>>
File: Deepthroat.gif (376KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Deepthroat.gif
376KB, 640x360px
Not that they recognize me, they are calling for me. Trying to bait me, for my products, everyday. What they need, they know I have it. You want to summon, a Ninja. Trying to speak, my language. Changing, Everyday. How Can you, catch me. I don't, even know.
>>
>>1514396
I'm so irrelevant that no one even bothers to determine my posting styles or images.
>>
>>1514496
I liked this picture when you posted it the other day.

>>1514427
I'm probably one of them.
>>
How would someone even recognize you? You'd have to be some kind of tripfag/avatarfag or very close to it with some extremely repetitive posts.
>>
>>1515020
Mentioning conversations from other boards, same images, same shticks, etc.
>>
File: 1285209461740517463.png (252KB, 320x500px) Image search: [Google]
1285209461740517463.png
252KB, 320x500px
>>1514396
>>
Not that I'm aware of, but about 90%of the posts I make are on /qa/.
>>
>>1515208
So people like you do exist after all.
>>
>>1514396
>being this paranoid
i think nothing of it desu
>>
>>1514396
I went on the anime board of a Finnish imageboard to see what it was like, went to a thread of an anime I often talk about on /a/ and noticed an image I'd already seen before. It had the same size, the same filename written in Finnish, and the same MD5 hash. Total coincidence, but it doesn't stop here.
I went on /int/ some time after that, and I noticed a Finnish flag posting images of a character from that show, and the filenames were numbered(1.jpg, 2.jpg, 40.png, 145.jpg, etc). I'd noticed the same images with the same filenames on the /a/ threads for this show, so I figured he was the guy from that Finnish imageboard. I often meet him on /a/ and /c/ since we like the same things, but he doesn't seem to have noticed me.
>>
>>1514396
People who use 4chan often have similar center of interests, so it's not surprising that they'd be subscribed to the same pages on Facebook, if they use Facebook.
That one time, I was browsing a meme page, and saw a profile in the comments that had a anime character I dearly love as its profile pic. So I clicked on the profile, and noticed that its cover pic was a shitty OC of that character that was posted only once on 4chan and nowhere else on the Internet, and that no one would ever save. I was there when it was posted, and his posting style on his Facebook wall was the same as the anon who made and posted the OC that day, so I'm convinced it was him.
>>
>page 10
>anime
bump
>>
File: kab10.png (179KB, 400x568px) Image search: [Google]
kab10.png
179KB, 400x568px
>>1514396
>>
What's being slid?
>>
File: 1499455804321.png (180KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499455804321.png
180KB, 424x600px
I make it so they can't ever recognize me again.
>>
>>1517646
>>
the secret /qa/ handshake...
>>
Usually when people recognize me, it's positive and related to stuff I'm working on and not hiding.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.