[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan Flag Issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: New Mauritania.gif (965B, 16x11px) Image search: [Google]
New Mauritania.gif
965B, 16x11px
As of today, 7/8/17, Mauritania has changed their flag. This is a fantastic opportunity to point out that 4chan has a lot of errors with its flags, as evidenced by the Flag Fixer extension. (https://github.com/flagzzzz/4chan-Flag-Fixer)

The changes neccesary are as follows:
-The US Flag has a yellow dot for no reason.
-The French flag's blue stripe is much too bright.
-Libya is incosistent with the other flags.
>Western Sahara is completely backwards.
-Guernsey and the Isle of Man as unglossed, as are the /pol/ flags. They look simply awful.
-The Coat of Arms on Ecuadors flag is simply too big.
-Haiti and Guatemala are missing coat of arms.
-Jersey South Sudan, Saint Martin, Sint Maaren, and Curacao all need gloss.
-Guadeloupe has an 'unofficial' flag that is much more used.
-A1, A2, AP need flags.
A1, A2, AP and Timor Leste all show the incorrect name when hovered over.
-Uzbekistan is incorrectly coloured.
-The flag of the Vatican is a square, like Switzerland.

Once again, the image files to correct these problems can all be found in the files of the Flag Fixer github page, save for the new Mauritania flag, which has been glossed and added to this post as the attached image. Please do not let these issues go unnoticed.
>>
>>1507000
you seem to take flags very seriously, Anon.
>>
>>1507000
these are pretty embarrassing now that I look at the improved versions of the flags that a single autist can make
>>
>>1507000
I would love if some of these issues with the 4chan flags were fixed, and am glad that the fixed flags are there for the taking. They simply need to be uploaded!
>>
>>1507000
What the fuck is gloss and why is it important?
>>
File: file.png (144B, 16x11px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
144B, 16x11px
>>1507034
Gloss is important because it makes the mages look more "3d". It makes them look rounder and cleaner. For example, here's the flag in the OP, but unglossed.
>>
>>1507040
>>1507034
the images***
>>
>>1507040
How does one add gloss to a "flat" picture like that? I'd like to try and make some regional/city flags too.
>>
>>1507291
Actually, there's a whole extention for city/regional flags!
>>/int/78066157
>>
>>1507000
>>
>>1507354
I know, but many are still missing
>>
>>1507000
go back there >>>/pol/
>>
fact.
flags are cancer
>>
hi DS:^)
>>
>>1508234
fact.
ur gay
>>
>>1507000
bump for nice triples
>>
>>1509605
Do it for the meta.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.