[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if 4chan had a zine that featured one article per every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: 04.29.16_how_to[1].jpg (300KB, 1253x1530px) Image search: [Google]
04.29.16_how_to[1].jpg
300KB, 1253x1530px
What if 4chan had a zine that featured one article per every board (provided there are people interested)?

Do you think it's possible? Do you think people would get involved?
>>
I would anon
>>
>>1506869
me too
>>
/s4s/ has one, it looks like their weekly peek died and someone else started a new one.
>>
>>1507458
Well a wholly-4chan one would be more interesting and less single thematic.

One article per board means that even smaller boards can get spotlight equally or have a say. It would also be a good inter-board introductory.

While it's a nice idea, sensible limits must be drawn. I would like to hear some criticism or protest.
>>
File: 1410485329470.jpg (33KB, 241x403px) Image search: [Google]
1410485329470.jpg
33KB, 241x403px
The problem is that most boards don't want to interact with at least some of the other boards. They really don't want new users that likely won't assimilate and will instead start spouting epic memes.
I'd ask each board and get a consensus before including it.
>>
>>1506528
I don't think it's worth the hassle of asking a board to unite and decide what gets included to represent them.
>>
There's a reason why we can't have nice things. We have endless trolls that seek to ruin everything.
>>
>>1508331
I don't perceive it as direct interaction. Each article should be board exclusive, not a collaboration between boards. The only common aspect would be the featuring in the same zine, but the boards are already on the same website, so that's a non-problem.
>I'd ask each board and get a consensus before including it.
I believe the defining inclusion should be anons who can write something related to the board, thematically or culturally, not the majority opposition. That's because the amount of people who can contribute will always be outnumbered by the numbers who want to do nothing with it.

>>1508333
I think it's natural that some boards may not produce anything. But the number is great enough that at least a few should have something to contribute. Go back to what I previously said, a board consensus may be a key factor, it's important that there are anons who want to write something.

>>1508339
A controlled process is at least an assurance that destructive action doesn't take hold.
>>
>every board
I know a few boards that would strongly wish to be excluded; if you put up the writer for said boards to vote the person of that board would vote for the writer who would not write anything for their board.
>>
>>1508805
Voting as you describe it would lead to a planned failure, not to mention it's impossible to guarantee that one board won't ruin the voting process for other.
Also articles are something that can be done by multiple people. Just throwing this out.

An alternative to one article per "every board" would be to have any number of articles as long as they come from an existing board OR a long lasting general and cover the topic or culture there. That way there wouldn't be any necessity for a board or "zine maintainers" to have concensus for who gets published or bicker if generals can represent boards (especially those that have many different generals).
A negative side is that some boards may be screwed due to lower output potential. That can be combatted by limiting the amount of content a board can have in a single issue, any new content getting placed in future releases. This has to be observed in practice first however.
>>
I would suggest that intrepid individuals from individual boards who post here could post their own perspectives/info articles to the zine. I don't believe that a board can successfully unite behind an individual philosophy or person to write a meta article, and it's best to have an individual's take rather than a failed group.
I'd rather like this though. Would the zine be holistic or focused more upon a specific aspect of the board?
>>
>>1509303
I presented the alternative of having anyone submit something board related in >>1508816 without imposed concensus.
If that method would be used then articles could be more individualistic, but of course the single criteria would be either board topic, culture relation. Of course the amount of content increases, but there is less dispute possible.
>>
Maybe make a thread here on /qa/ and ask what boards people would be willing to write about. It wouldn't be anything grand, but like a happenings magazine? But for /qa/ users.
>>
make it only available in print
>>
>>1512438
That would really hurt readability, not to mention distribution is another problem. It's best not to concern at this point over anything print related.

>>1512413
/qa/ has been spiralling towards /s4s/, /trash/ and /bant/ levels rapidly. Something tells me the opinionated multi-board browsing individuals may not be keen any longer on going here. So while a more condensed zine about chan "happenings" sounds like a possibility, aiming at /qa/ seems a little bit risky long term.
>>
Should I write an article on /mu/?
>>
>>1514717
I'd read it.
>>
>>1516284
Bot-3ls, it's nice to see you again.
>>
Once again, the bump bot has bumped and no one saw it.
>>
>>1517405
I see you now.
>>
I missed the stealth bump again.
>>
I'd make a logo for it.
>>
>>1506528
why do you ask so many questions?
>>
>>1506528
>Nice
>No
>No
>>
that's cool
>>
>>1506528
>>
>>1512438
It's not the best idea for this thread, but I'd kind of like to see the tradition of the anonymous pamphleteer revived.
>>
File: 1470249479168.png (900KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470249479168.png
900KB, 1000x1000px
Nothing can top the god zine
>>
>>1525366
Bot-age, I haven't seen your dirty face all day.
>>
Guess what thread was stealth bumped again.

Did you guess this one? Yep, it was this one.
>>
>>1508816
>OR a long lasting general and cover the topic or culture there
no
>>
I also think it's stupid to have articles for every board. Just let people submit an article for their object of interest and then select the best ones regardless of what board's topic they were written about. Put a limit on the number of articles per board, let's say 3, and just showcase the best ones.
>>
When will the stealth bumping of this thread end?
>>
>>1531144
It appears it has once more taken place.
>>
>>1531703
I can feel it in the air.

Ot has taken place again.
>>
>>1532452
Hey bot-age.
>>
>>1530340
>he wouldn't want to read a /thinkpad general/ article about how to buy the best used thinkpad
>>
>>1532699
How much would we charge shills?
>>
>>1533433
$1 worth of btc
>>
>>1522260
No, I want to know if other people are writing before I'd start
>>
>>1534202
Just write some shit and call it 4chanzine
>>
>>1534310
This is how stuff usually gets done.
>>
File: 1503253560610.png (447KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1503253560610.png
447KB, 500x375px
Why is there hair halfway up my cat then I get the urge again and it just keeps getting the fucking worst power armor and minifuns are the problem with the surface because they can function without the synth component in a bit of a helicopter to the point where their dicks literally explode after the split had happened and they don't even have the aberration in a bit of a guy's buddies the what
>>
>>1535297
No, today we have wiki, blogs, etc... Zine is a dead media to kiddos feel cool and undergroud
>>
>>1535329
>Zine is a dead media to kiddos feel cool and undergroud
You're on 4chan, half of us first came here as kiddos to feel cool and underground.
>>
>>1530358
this
>>
>/v/ needs five articles because no one agrees on one, each one is a different objetive opinion
>>
bot rolf and age was here
>>
It's a bad idea.

Don't condense good 4chan content into something that can easily be shared, it attracts outsiders and undesirables. Way too many decent boards have had their cultures destroyed by foreign influx already.
>>
A stealth bump took place in this thread.
Just so you all know.
>>
File: ip man vs the mask.jpg (124KB, 700x945px) Image search: [Google]
ip man vs the mask.jpg
124KB, 700x945px
The audience for this zine would be very small. Most people don't give a shit, to the point where it would probably just be easier to post all your email addresses in issue #1, and then just become friends with each other and abandon the zine completely.

Also, would the representations of boards be serious or ironic? If /pol/ wrote an article, would it be an intelligent discussion of the Trump presidency from the frontlines of the memers who got him into power, or would it just be a frog in an SS uniform calling people cucks and niggers? I don't think the zine would be able to proceed until that question has been answered for each board.

I'd love to see a friendly introduction to the style and culture of each board (for /g/, an article all about Richard Stallman, Terry Davis, and the free software movement, for example), but once you've read the introduction, what would you write about in week 2?
>>
>>1541301
I figure it would not be a weekly thing at all
>>
>>1544311
What are you doing?
>>
>>1545117
Looks like he was posting a sexy as HELL image.
>>
>>1544311
BRAAAAP
>>
File: image.jpg (4KB, 146x144px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4KB, 146x144px
>>1546879
fuck you
>>
It should just be a small /qa/ zine I think.
>>
>>1506528
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.