[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can your brain handle multitasking? How often do you multitask?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (86KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86KB, 850x850px
Can your brain handle multitasking? How often do you multitask?
>>
I wish I could multiproccess instead.
Serious though, I don't like multitasking. I only know how because of smartphones.
>>
I don't mind it if it increases the efficiency of a task I'm doing or makes an unenjoyable task more enjoyable.
>>
My life is multitasking. I'm always doing at least three things at once.
>>
File: 1485018182636.gif (34KB, 621x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485018182636.gif
34KB, 621x640px
Multitasking is a lie. The brain can only focus on one specific thing. The rest is muscle memory and peripheral reception working synergistically.
>>
If you can't read two books at the same time, you can't multitask.
>>
Everyday...
>>
I believe the the subconscious may be able to multitask, however at the very least it can think and respond to input while the conscious is doing something else. Consciousness is limited to doing one thing at a time.
For example I could listen to a radio show and read at the same time, however I'd either have my focus switching rapidly from one to the other or block one of them out entirely.
>>
>>1500668
I have grown up almost literally multitasking every single even slightly unpleasant thing I've ever had to do with something pleasant at the same time.
(e.g. playing CS or watching anime or something while doing homework)

I have NEVER done actual work by just focusing on that work alone.
and now that I've grown up and joined the work force I am almost completely incapable of functioning.

I swear I have no idea how people do it. They just do even the most trivial boring tasks with 100% focus on that one fucking thing. I could get 10hrs of sleep and still I'm like a zombie at work because it's so unbelievably mind numbingly unstimulating.
I can't fucking take it. If I could just put a show on, or browse 4chan on the side or something while working my productivity would probably be 2x higher than any other employee here (also my quality of life would probably go up, but FUCK IT right? Because it "looks bad" I can't do it.)
>>
>>1500668
>>
I can now multitask while phone-posting in bed.
>>
>>1503004
s/multitask/masturbate/
>>
>>1500668
>>
I'm an ADHDfag I can't singletask without a coffe
>>
File: 1500577590339.png (585KB, 2000x1519px) Image search: [Google]
1500577590339.png
585KB, 2000x1519px
A brain has two parts, which means everyone's brain is a dual-core processor.
>>
>>1506598
But not everyone's operating system is 64-bit
>>
>>1506605
Update the system then.
>>
I multitask when I'm pickle rick
>>
I can't because it lowers efficiency when I do it.
>>
>>1506605
That reminds me I need to upgrade to 64 bit because Arch is phasing out 32 bit.
>>
>>1506598
Isn't each neuron interdependent?
>>
I really can't multi-task well at all. I think women are supposed to be better than men at it.
>>
No...
My hands cant even move differently than the other i have to stop one and then move the other
>>
>>1500668
Multitasking is a myth, you can't do more than one thing at the same time. BUT, you can switch between tasks. Some people do it really, and I mean, REALLY FAST, so you think they do all stuff at once.
>>
>>1500668
Probably not, I had brain surgery done that dropped my IQ a lot when I was 18
>>
>>1510622
Can you go into more detail if you don't mind?
>>
>>1510485
That's exactly how cpu works.
>>
>>1509040
How does that matter?
>>
So a stealth bump has happened here too.

Using the bumpbot discussion thread as a guide, I'll name it bot-op since it only links OP before deleting the post.
>>
If your brain can't multitask, then how do tulpas exist?
>>
>Now, what fires the gun?
Quite a few neurons fire based upon external stimuli, such as light, heat, touch. sound, magnetism, smell and the firing of other neurons. If I'm just a ghost in the machine, what's to say there can't be more than one ghost in a single machine?
>>
I am eating pizza, making posts on 4chan and playing 2 different web bronswer games as I type this. So yeah I'd say so.
>>
>>1516525
I see you stealth bumping this thread.
>>
>Spirits
>Mind
Define how those are different from each other.
>>
I'm so bad at it that music is prone to messing me up so whenever I need to focus on something I prefer silence or white noise.
>>
>>1514871
How do we know they do exist and aren't just a meme?
>>
>How do we know they do exist and aren't just a meme?
I don't understand what you mean when you use meme in that way. A meme is an idea that spreads to many people; however if an idea is a meme that status doesn't have an effect on it's validity or existence.
>>
not really
>>
>>1519197
Would you have made the same objection if I said "just an concept" or "just a rumor"?
>>
since each of those words have different definitions, I wouldn't
>>
Everyone, you all need to know that this thread was stealth bumped.
>>
While your computer's crashin, mine's multi-taskin
It does what I want without me even askin'
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.