[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meta - On Techniques of Self Moderation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

GOAL:
Make a board functional and operate with a sense of unity given constant outsiders trying to cause issues.

---
STRATEGY
Here's four imperatives to a healthy board:
1) Garbage stays down.
2) Garbage posters stay unwelcome.
3) Good content is constantly being cycled to the top.
4) Good posters are encouraged into producing more content.

(1) and (3) are intertwined in what gets bumped and what gets slid.
By this strategy one is forced into a seemingly eternal bump war against "invaders".
This can often have self destructive consequences as cycling causes artificial speedup of a board.

(2) and (4) are also related since in order to make bad content seem unwelcome you have to discourage "bad" people from making another thread and encourage "good" people into making more threads.

---
DISCUSSION
Statement number (2) is the most unsettling to me and discourages me the most since it is actively malicious behavior.
However, I think it won't come off as aggressive if posters just constructively criticize people and don't devolve bad threads into name calling.
I think an element of (2) is also derailment either by raw spamming or trolling...

---
EXECUTION:
In regards to the tactics by which this is achieved are as such:
This is basically what I refer to as a Chess strategy where the goal is solely to kill off threads and make thoughts ignored.

What other people would need to do are the following:
Get others to contribute lots of interesting stuff. Whatever might catch people's eyes, post it. Doesn't matter what.
Get those who are posting crap to feel like not posting crap anymore. Derail, criticize or spam their posts so that others know they are unwelcome.
The goal is not so much that you do something, but you encourage others to do it with you.
This can be done via image content or whatever.
This is more of what I refer to as a Go strategy where the goal is to capture pieces and gain territory in the minds of others.
>>
>>1491762
>>
File: 1501522312337.png (26KB, 713x611px) Image search: [Google]
1501522312337.png
26KB, 713x611px
max par
>>
4 is probably the most difficult one. It's far easiest to destroy than it is to create, and that's always been /qa/'s "weakness" when it comes to raids.
I'll try to think of a set of images to make and have people contribute and have a good time.
>>
get in here meta otaku 兄弟
>>
I will never cooperate with a faggot of your magnitude.
>>
>>1491784
>Derail, criticize or spam their posts so that others know they are unwelcome.
DON'T DO THIS, IDIOTS.
SAVE YOUR POSTS FOR GOOD THREADS.
>>
Remember when /qa/ was just a fun board and didn't have operations?
>>
>>1491804
I'm here for the meta.
>>
>>1491804
What operation? It just says what everyone should be doing already: post in good threads, encourage people to make good threads.
Don't let raiders convince new users that it's a bad board. It's all very simple.
>>
>>1491837
What are you considering a good thread? What is your baseline for "good" ?
>>
>>1491837
>Spam and derail 'bad' (subjective) threads, only reply to 'good' threads, attack and deter 'bad' posters, bump 'good' threads forever, 'work' towards changing the landscape and natural culture of a board
Seems like an operation to me.
>>
>I think an element of (2) is also derailment either by raw spamming or trolling...
Like I said before, that simply encourages people who think that spamming and trolling are fun in and of itself to make spamming and trolling posts all the time on this board.
>>
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
>>
tl;dr lol
>>
>>1492130
/qa/ resides in hell so the only route left is to reside in heaven.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.