[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck does it take people half a year to TL something?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1464299183439.jpg (9KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
1464299183439.jpg
9KB, 302x225px
Why the fuck does it take people half a year to TL something? Why would you even say you are going to do it when, you won't even spend a weekend afternoon doing it? And then complain when people rather go and watch "official" translation, which is only slighty worse, because even though you took 6 six months, you still can't spellcheck.
>>
>>1481649
Learn Japanese. Then you won't have to depend on anyone else.
>>
Shut up entitled EOP.
>>
>>1481651
Working on it, still listening to anime is the second best way to learn it.

>>1481652
>entitled

-Hey mate, I'm gonna make some coffee want some?
-Sure!
30 minutes late.
-So when exactly are you going to make the coffee?
-Shut up! If you don't like it you can make your own!

Really, most of the time, the excuses are that they are busy, but when you point out that at most it takes 2 whole days, they tell you to fuck off. I mean, sure, they don't have to do it, but once they announce they are going to do they kinda have an obligation, there is literally no excuse to sit on it more than a month.
>>
File: 1491449104856.png (3MB, 2068x2176px) Image search: [Google]
1491449104856.png
3MB, 2068x2176px
>>1481664
Yes, entitled because they do it for free. Besides, most fan translators don't even know Japanese, they just make shit up as they go along.
>>
>>1481664
More like:
- Hey I'm gonna write a book, you can have a free copy when I'm done
- Cool!
3 months later
- WHERE THE FUCK IS MY BOOK GET OFF YOUR ASS
>>
>>1481704
How is doing it for free suddenly lets you leave it forever? If you know both language (I know most fansubbers know neither japanese nor english), then watching an episode two or three times, especially if you have the script should be enough to get a rough tl. After that putting on the subs could be done in few hours, so why does it it take months? Sure if it is full of retarded effects and memes like commie it will take longer, but that's not necessary or wanted.

>>1481707
You are not writing a book, you are translating. It's so easy literally a machine can do it, most people do it for internet fame, that's why there is a lots of drama around it.
Besides, if asked what take so long, instead of getting all assblasted, you could just say that you only have an hour free time every day and you have other thing to do, but then why would you even start.
>>
>>1481707
Not him but his OP mentioned complaining when people opted for an official translation instead of your free, fan one. You could've been the better man so to speak and not done a caricature strawman like him...
>>
>>1481714
>It's so easy literally a machine can do it,
Have you even used machine translations before?
>>
>>1481716
Yes, it's not good, but it is usable, and it is getting better every year. It is alreafy good with simple languages.
>>
>>1481714
>How is doing it for free suddenly lets you leave it forever?

Jesus Christ you fucking nigger, they could say that that they're going to translate whatever the fuck they want and not go through with it all, they didn't sign a god damn binding contract to create a translation for your entitled lazy arse. You're also underestimating how much work it goes into translation, just parsing from english to my native language to make it sound natural and not like absolute shit takes a bit of effort, and that's between two indo-european languages, must be fucking nightmare to do the same with nip with all its idiosyncrasies.
>>
>>1481747
>it's ok to lie and mislead if you are a fansubber

>must be a nightmare
I don't know, translating from and to Hungarian is not a problem or very hard, of course there are occasionally words or phrases I don't know, and have to look up, but not frequent enough to be a problem, first of all if you are not fluent in both languages why would you even try translating.
>>
>>1481754
>it's ok to lie and mislead

I do not think you know what those words mean.
>>
>>1481762
>>1481747
>they could say that that they're going to translate whatever the fuck they want and not go through with it all
>>
>>1481766
Unless they did not intend to translate whatever they announced from the very beginning, it's not really lying, even if the reason they stopped translating is something as banal as a simple lack of interest.
>>
>>1481771

I notice you avoided addressing the "misleading" part in your rant there
>>
>>1481649
Learning is a skill.
>>
>>1482844

how does I learn this skill
>>
>>1482927
You start by gaining concentration and then try to memorize enough information as possible while staying focused.

The harder a topic is, the more concentration it requires.
>>
>>1482935

oh nice how do I lern to concentrate

Is it like boiling the water out of orange juice
>>
>>1482939
You don't learn concentration, you practice it.
There's a distinction.
>>
>>1482947
>There's a distinction.

no need to insult me man, I know my shower hasnt worked for a week
>>
>>1481704
This fucking hurts to look at.
>>
post TL groups you like
http://www.littlewhitebutterflies.co/category/short-wharf/ (contains nudity)
>>
>>1481747
I don't care about this at all but I'm pretty sure when fansubbers say they are going to translate something then other fansubbers don't touch it. It's unethical to say you are going to do something and not follow through with it regardless of that though.
>>
>>1481649
There's nothing wrong with official translations.
>>
>>1483394
That's a thing with scanlators, not fansubbers.
>>
File: n7CiW.jpg (720KB, 3185x1348px) Image search: [Google]
n7CiW.jpg
720KB, 3185x1348px
>>1483577
They work, but, in my experience, they just write english text vaguely on the original meaning, that is if they keep the original at all, and don't try to push their bullshit, like with the dragon maid thing recently.

>>1483598
While it is true, that it is not a major factor, it still matters.
>>
>>1481704
>>1483194
care to let in us EOP subhumans on the joke?
>>
>>1483687
It's hard to really explain it beyond "everything is so dead fucking wrong in so many retarded ways you have to wonder how they even managed to miss the mark this badly".

At one point a first person pronoun is translated as "he", and that's one of the lesser errors.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.