[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is fire something to admire, or something to fear?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

Is fire something to admire, or something to fear?
>>
>>1474443
Fear
>>
why cant i respect it for what it is without feeling some type of way about it
>>
>>1474461
I'd think you can be both, but not neither.
>>
>>1474443
it's something that really makes me think
>>
>>1474467
i do not interact with fire in my day to day life, however if it's engulfing my shit i'd suffocate it. how is that not "neither"
>>
>>1474494
Because if you're trying to extinguish a fire it's because you don't want it to destroy your stuff.
You fear the combustion of your household items.
>>
>>1474499
That's stupid and literally lowest common denominator for forcing me in your dichotomy
>>
What was the beginning of this end? Some might say Adam and Eve and the apple of knowledge. I say it was Prometheus, a Titan, a son of gods, who in Greek myth stole fire from his parents and gave it to human beings. The gods were so mad they chained him naked to a rock with his back exposed, and had eagles eat his liver.

And it is now plain that the gods were right to do that. Our close cousins the gorillas and orangutans and chimps and gibbons have gotten along just fine all this time while eating raw vegetable matter, whereas we not only prepare hot meals, but have now all but destroyed this once salubrious planet as a life-support system in fewer than 200 years, mainly by making thermodynamic whoopee with fossil fuels.
>>
That's like asking if someone should fear carbon or gravity. I don't know, how the fuck should you feel about it?
>>
>>1474557
I don't mean to be argumentative one way or the other, but I personally have not been able to believe in that last statement you made as ipso facto.
https://youtu.be/D-m09lKtYT4
I would agree that pollution is something that ought to be avoided. I refer to it as prevention of pollution, and not what I believe you were getting at.
>>
>>1474583
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2017/07/05/1704949114.full

>Biological annihilation via the ongoing sixth mass extinction signaled by vertebrate population losses and declines
>we show the extremely high degree of population decay in vertebrates, even in common “species of low concern.”
>This suggests that, even if there was not ample sign that the crisis extends far beyond that group of animals, today’s planetary defaunation of vertebrates will itself promote cascading catastrophic effects on ecosystems, worsening the annihilation of nature. Thus, while the biosphere is undergoing mass species extinction, it is also being ravaged by a much more serious and rapid wave of population declines and extinctions.
>Population extinctions, however, are a prelude to species extinctions, so Earth’s sixth mass extinction episode has proceeded further than most assume.

The planet is rapidly dying, Anon. I hope you read more on the subject with an open mind and won't be complicit in this madness.
>>
File: TERA_ScreenShot_20141203_184448.jpg (573KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
TERA_ScreenShot_20141203_184448.jpg
573KB, 1680x1050px
I miss playing TERA.
>>
>>1474620
MMOs are the fire that needs to die for the benefit of everyone.
>>
>>1474620
It was shit. They literally used flash for the UI
>>
File: DFW9uC4UIAAytt2.jpg (90KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DFW9uC4UIAAytt2.jpg
90KB, 1200x675px
Fire must be worshipped
>>
File: omelette rouge.jpg (128KB, 630x720px) Image search: [Google]
omelette rouge.jpg
128KB, 630x720px
>>1474612
I know sweetheart.
>>
I too must writhe.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.