[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was Chanology different from gg or Trump2016?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 664d9c643980aae57d7cf583685bc592.jpg (659KB, 1150x1300px) Image search: [Google]
664d9c643980aae57d7cf583685bc592.jpg
659KB, 1150x1300px
How was Chanology different from gg or Trump2016?
>>
It was mostly ironic whereas gg and /pol/ are very serious about their stuff, but that's not to say the scientology thing was any good or had any lack of guilt.
>>
>>1471568
>it was mostly ironic
No it wasn't. They weren't ironically protesting.
>>
>>1471574
Sure if you say so.
>>
So...?

Scientology was funny though. Like going after people who believe in aliens.
People were serious because they didn't want people doing dumb things.

gg or /pol/ are about stopping people from doing something or stop something 'very serious' from happening.
>>
>>1471564
Chanology was the first and we should've learned how cancerous it was. Instead, the failfags we let in at that point in time thought that 4chan was a secrit hax0r club that actually gave a shit about things irl. Now everybody wants to say "no, 4chan is leftwing" "no, it's rightwing" when most of us really don't give a fuck and want both sides to shut up. Chanology was a mistake and marked the beginning of the end. We should've just stuck with fucking with kids games. It was more fun when we were just a bunch of retards that got labeled as terrorists. Now everybody thinks that we actually have some sort of endgame and that we're an internet superpower or something.
>>
>>1471574
I was.
>>
>>1471579
Then, unlike America, there needs to be a third party of united anons who step into the ring and call both sides "fucking idiots" and that they should just sit down and play their games, or watch their anime.

The so called voice of reason.
>>
>>1471623
that third party would be dismissed as concernbro, reddit, horsefucker or whatever the boogeyman of the season
>>
They had masks instead of hats. That's it.
>>
>>1472731
If a writter has a muse, he will write.
>>
>>1472731
Seething
>>
>>1472731
Currently it seems that /ota/ is the biggest boogeyman on /qa/
>>
>>1471623
>call both sides "fucking idiots" and that they should just sit down and play their games, or watch their anime.
It's working fine on /qa/. Anyone that has hope for the rest of 4chan is very optimistic.

>>1472731
>that third party would be dismissed as concernbro
See above.
>>
>>1471564
The difference is the new ones feel like they're "legitimized" because they're backed up by all their favorite social media sites who tell them they're doing something "important" or whatever.
Chanology was mostly just isolated to 4chan as far as I know
>>
>>1471623
>there needs to be a third party
There is no point being a third party because you'll simply be accused of being one of the parties disguised as an "impartial" faggot.
>>
>>1471623
Dude, I've literally been doing this for like the past 5yrs, because I honest to goodness do not give a single fuck about any of this whiney bullshit the newfags cry about these days. All I do is tell them to stop crying, regardless of what side they're on.

Shit doesn't work.
Newfags can't handle anonymity I think. They're so used to being able to tell what side others are on all the time from their social media sites that when they come to 4chan that part of their brain is still highly active and makes them paranoid that everyone is against them.
>>
looks like all these dindu nuffin replied pretty fast
>>
>>1472731
>>1472749
this
>>
>>1472773
Without a unified concept of what you're fighting for, you might as well be trying to build a dam alone.
Leaders bring concepts. Concepts motivate people. People change Systems.

What made Chanology a relatively weak changer of 4chan is that both Scientologists learnt that they just kept bringing new concepts that motivated 4chan and slowly stopped.
What makes gg keep going is that both sides leaders feed on one another's hate and bring new concepts to motivate others to hate more.
What made Trump the most successful changer of 4chan to date is that he kept bringing up concepts that motivated the most talented of people on 4chan.
(source of concept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc)

Unless you have a leader who inspires you and others to make culture(rants, images, videos, flashes) then you're just beating your head against the wall as you try to change 4chan alone.
>>
>>1472835
>the most talented of people on 4chan
How insulting.
>>
>>1472841
The guy who made r/the_donald is pretty talented.
>>
>Chanology
4chan users ddosing scientology website/fax line (https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/PROJECT_CHANOLOGY#PROJECT_CHANOLOGY_Gets_Underway) and prank calling their hotline. Started for teh lolz and basically because Scientology was at the time "untouchable"
>gg
inflated video game reviews and stuff? I'm not clear on the details.
>Trump2016
People talking on a forum and voting in real life based on said discussion and shitposting

They all look fairly different to me.
>>
>>1472851
lol nice try. But you know the OP is not talking about the mild mannered origins from which all 3 of those things spring.

You know full well that they didn't stay that way. They all attracted activist memesters whose only hobby is said activism and seriously attempting to derail anyone who disagrees with them, not for fun but out of a genuine attempt to modify the behavior and thinking of others.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if a large percentage of the population of all 3 of them weren't actually the same people who just followed one activist trend to the next.
>>
It wasn't
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.