[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is up with captchas? the disappearing ones take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
What the fuck is up with captchas? the disappearing ones take MUCH longer to disappear then they used to.

Also I now have to fill in 6-7 captchas and press 'next' before i get to the final one that says 'verify'

guess these are just cheap tricks to try and get being to buy a 'pass' right? embarrassing that you can't get profitable advertisers so you have to resort to this i guess
>>
go to le irc le feedback lol le /qa/ is not /q/
>>
lol this retart seriously thinks hiro designs the captchas XD
>>
>>1469226
>>1469224
>he's a janitor
>on the internet
>on an anime imageboard
>he does it for free
>he takes his "job" very seriously
>he does it because it is the only amount of power & control he will ever have in his pathetic life
>he deletes threads he doesn't like because whenever he gets upset he has an asthma attack
>he deletes threads he doesn't like because they interfere with the large backlog of little girl chinese cartoons he still has to watch
>he will never have a real job
>he will never move out of his parent's house
>he will never be at a healthy weight
>he will never know how to cook anything besides a hot pocket
>he will never have a girlfriend
>he will never have any friends
>>
>>1469305
>>he's a janitor
who are you quoting?
>>on the internet
who are you quoting?
>>on an anime imageboard
who are you quoting?
>>he does it for free
who are you quoting?
>>he takes his "job" very seriously
who are you quoting?
>>he does it because it is the only amount of power & control he will ever have in his pathetic life
who are you quoting?
>>he deletes threads he doesn't like because whenever he gets upset he has an asthma attack
who are you quoting?
>>he deletes threads he doesn't like because they interfere with the large backlog of little girl chinese cartoons he still has to watch
who are you quoting?
>>he will never have a real job
who are you quoting?
>>he will never move out of his parent's house
who are you quoting?
>>he will never be at a healthy weight
who are you quoting?
>>he will never know how to cook anything besides a hot pocket
who are you quoting?
>>he will never have a girlfriend
who are you quoting?
>>he will never have any friends
who are you quoting?
>>
File: instructions.png (694KB, 1280x1480px) Image search: [Google]
instructions.png
694KB, 1280x1480px
>>1469305
>>
To answer your questions, though:

>What the fuck is up with captchas?
Recaptcha was bought by Google, destroyer of products.

>the disappearing ones take MUCH longer to disappear then they used to.
>Also I now have to fill in 6-7 captchas and press 'next' before i get to the final one that says 'verify'
Google makes the captcha harder for you when it thinks you're a bot because you don't use Google services or don't let Google track you. But lately captchas have been getting worse in general. I recommend switching to legacy ("Use Recaptcha v1" in 4chan X, also available in the native extension) or the noscript version, although the latter has been resulting in Google outright blocking users lately.

>guess these are just cheap tricks to try and get being to buy a 'pass' right? embarrassing that you can't get profitable advertisers so you have to resort to this i guess
While strictly speaking it's Google that makes it annoying, the main current reason 4chan uses Google's captcha or have a captcha at all on non-OP posts is probably to make people buy passes. It's not very effective in preventing spam anymore.
>>
>>1469507
>Recaptcha was bought by Google, destroyer of products.
To clarify, this wasn't a recent thing, and it was Google-bought before 4chan started using it, but Google has a tendency to gradually destroy products and services it buys.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.