[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which do you think is correct?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1499903134863.png (108KB, 842x846px) Image search: [Google]
1499903134863.png
108KB, 842x846px
Which do you think is correct?
>>
>>1452841
>two unrelated things are related
What in the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>1452858
You missed the point there.
>>
>>1452841
theory of consciousness? you mean psychology?
related to physics? what?
>>
>>1452841
B is obviously correct since your consciousness is created by your brain.
/thread
>>
D
>>
>>1452868
this is the correct answer
>>
E
>>
>>1452841
Both B and D.
>>
>>1452868
>>1452870
>>1452873
Explain.
>>
Consciousness doesn't exist.
>>
>>1452875
the thing we call "physics" is wholly an epiphenomenon of the thing we call "consciousness" (a.k.a. sapience, sentience, intelligence, reasoning, thought, or a hundred other words that people use to talk about the soul without sounding religious). and blah blah blah plato blah blah allegory of the cave blah epistemology blah blah. i am smart
>>
d
but I am uneducated
>>
>>1452867
How do you account for qualia?
>>
Does free will exist?
If so how do you explain influence?
>>
>>1452953
yes, free will exists.
what do you mean by influence?
>>
File: 1482941065809.png (164KB, 428x419px) Image search: [Google]
1482941065809.png
164KB, 428x419px
>>1452988
Any "choice" you make is the end result of the worlds influence on you up to that point.
>>
>>1452875
The universe exists in the Mind of God.
>>
>>1452989
but that doesn't stop the decision you make from being voluntary. it just means your sphere of influence is limited.
>>
I would say this may be flawed in its premise, though what I propose would be as well, as I don't know what I don't know.
But, as far as the cascade of the big six is concerned, I believe mathematics comes before physics. I'm not quite sure on this though. The five past mathematics makes relative sense and mathematics has always been something of an outlier to me in this pattern.
But in order to illustrate what I'm referring to, I would use something closer to choice D than any of the others presented here. At least for the part pertaining to physics and its applied fields.
>>
Free will doesn't exist because you don't exist as an individual the way you think you do.
Self awareness makes that hard to believe though.
>>
define free will, consciousness and physics before proceeding
>>
>>1453034
Then what exactly is the self that you are aware of?
>>
>>1453041
The awareness of your senses and thoughts, it implies a state of seperation but it all happens in this.
If you're "in the zone" you're actually not aware of this seperation for a while.
>>
>>1452873
this
>>
File: ??.jpg (175KB, 666x500px) Image search: [Google]
??.jpg
175KB, 666x500px
Conscio us-ness?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.