[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://32ch.org/jp/ Let's leave this shitty mistake of a board.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: 1493851343945.png (803KB, 1121x788px) Image search: [Google]
1493851343945.png
803KB, 1121x788px
https://32ch.org/jp/
Let's leave this shitty mistake of a board.
>>
My compatriots are on /qa/
>>
int* is for subhuman teenbros
if that's who you are, go there and stay there
>>
File: 1499805744521.png (9KB, 411x338px) Image search: [Google]
1499805744521.png
9KB, 411x338px
>>1451768
not even a weeb but I don't think they're going to fall for your shilling
>>
>>1451773
It will only get worse as time passes
>>
File: 1436739579057.jpg (50KB, 322x279px) Image search: [Google]
1436739579057.jpg
50KB, 322x279px
Shill thread.
>>
>>1451776
You realize who you are sharing a site with?
>>
>>1451782
You can't change the future so at least I'll try and guide it until critical point.
>>
why does it have a link to 8/jp/?
>>
File: 0 (4).jpg (111KB, 859x860px) Image search: [Google]
0 (4).jpg
111KB, 859x860px
>>1451886
Drama that's not worth going through.
The site was made to steal users from Ota during the lawless period a month or two ago.
>>
>>1451886
I think you need to clear your cache, because I replaced that link with no-you.com/jp
>>
>>1451768
ok I started posting there, but it looks rather dead rn. I kinda like the design, though I still have trouble navigating.
>>
>>1451896
Good. 8/jp/ is only for the best of /jp/sies.
>>
fucking disgusting

i would take gnfos over 8gag
>>
>>1451899
even /2hu/ is better than 8/jp/
>>
Congratulations, your /jp/-spinoff if number #100!
Please click [here] to collect your prize money
>>
>>1451910
>/2hu/
Don't mention that name here.
>>
>>1451915
The only other solution would be to populate a dead one
>>
File: 1474521859622.jpg (91KB, 336x442px) Image search: [Google]
1474521859622.jpg
91KB, 336x442px
Anything /jp/ related is always terrible even if it doesn't start off like that because most of you are terrible people to be around.
>>
>>1451923
uhmm >>1451890
>>
>>1451923
Aww thanks. We try.
>>
cccccccccccccccccccock
>>
>>1451795
I don't share a site with anyone. I post on /qa/ and rarely venture out of it. What kind of a lame cop-out is that, anyway? I share a site with annoying teenaged /pol9k/ trash against my will so I should instead embrace people that are emblematic of everything wrong with imageboards today?
I honestly can't tell the difference between these kids and the shit boards on 4chan itself.
>>
>>1451929
same. where should we move to?
>>
>>1451929
lame cop-out are some times the right decisions and the rest of the site can stay for themselves
>>
>>1451919
Or you could try to, I dunno, actually do something fucking DIFFERENT than the last 99 dead /jp/-spinoffs?

What do you think the secret ingredient is? Just timing? That today is just the magic day that suddenly a /jp/-spinoff is going to hit it big?
We need something innovative but 99.9% of all new imageboards are nothing more than clones without even so much as a message from the owner stating why it's supposed to be any different than anything else
>>
>>1451935
my butthole master...
>>
>>1451937
-You can upload 10 files at once with max 50 megabytes
-mp4, full webm support
-more formatting options
-embedding
-Doesn't run on tinychan
>>
File: 1474811967962.png (317KB, 600x637px) Image search: [Google]
1474811967962.png
317KB, 600x637px
>>1451924
Oh wow a thread that looks like it was written by a 12 year old, I think I just got told.

>>1451937
This guy knows what's up, people keep trying to create a 'fresh start' away from the cancer every god damn week and it ends up dying like the thousand that came before it. Even the posts on them are the same shit, do something new.
>>
everyone graduated college or got kicked out of their homes or killed themselves okay?
>>
>>1451938
is it tight though?
>>1451956
Hello Mr Dunning Kruger, how are we today..
>>
File: 0 (23).png (521KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
0 (23).png
521KB, 800x1280px
Do whatever you want.
If you don't like /qa/ nothing's keeping you here.
That site's trash though.
>>
>>1451935
There are already places I use alongside /qa/. /qa/ is the only board keeping me here, really. As always the problem with other imageboards is mainly speed, or in the case of 8gag, quality of users.

>>1451953
I don't think any of that is really a big draw to people, however. There's stuff like tea for the scheduled posting which is neat and the live-posting on other sites as well. Even king retard had that card game. Sometimes I think there's going to be a resurgence of traditional forums as imageboards stagnate.
>>
>>1451977
>There are already places I use alongside /qa/.
(I am the one you replied to.)
Like?
>>
>>1451953
Those are all fine and good anon, but a big problem is that I don't think people really want to move to isolated sites for each individual topic.
We might hate each other here, but the idea (at least in principle) of a single site you can call home that can contain an abundance of various different hobbies is a big reason 4chan ever got so popular.

I'm only throwing out my opinion because I actually do care about this stuff a lot and have spent tons of time thinking about it. But my opinion is that trying to create a site that is "only for X-topic" is just hiding behind the idea that the topic itself is a filter for the kinds of people you want on your site. It's a cop-out.

Consider anonymity for example. We take it for granted today but do you realize how fucking HUGE that seemingly tiny little feature was in shaping 4chan?

I'm fairly confident that "the next big thing", if it ever comes, is going to be some subtle new idea to the very posting format. When the time comes we won't have to hide behind obscurity or niche topics to filter out cancer, the posting format itself will do that. Just as 4chan's anonymity seems to strongly influence people against acting like attention whores or circlejerks for the most part.
>>
>>1451999
>is going to be some subtle new idea to the very posting format.
can you give an example?
>>
>>1451999
Where 4chan fails to meet a need, another imageboards come in to fill that gap. 420chan is an example.
>>
>>1451985
/jp/ spinoffs, sushi, magic and the like. The usual Japanese culture imageboards with older communities that I can feel at home with.
Individually all of these are too slow but as one whole it's pretty much "normal". I kind of wish there was an overchan for all this, but I'm not sure it would work since so many have sequestered themselves.
>>
>>1452003
If I could anon, then you'd already be posting on an imageboard I created right now along with everyone else.
>>
>>1452011
You could create an overboard that scraped other boards if you wanted. I thought about it, but then I realized that it would never happen first because I'm really lazy, and second because I actually don't like most of those communities.
>>
>>1452019
>I actually don't like most of those communities.
What denominator could be used to separate the wanted from the unwanted? Obvious things like trolling against the topic and posting illegal things are a given.
>>
>>1452026
That's really up to whoever wants to host it. The only /jp/ spinoffs I ever had a mild interest in were kakashi-nenpo and 4taba; the only ones I really wanted to have nothing to do with were trevor's. If somebody wanted to build an overchan, I might be able to help, but I would never actually want to host one.
>>
>>1452026
>Obvious things like trolling against the topic and posting illegal things are a given.
Not that anon, but I just wanted to say that I honestly think this thinking is the reason we never get anywhere.

Right now I think the single biggest problem on the entire internet is the movement toward "public" functions.
E.g. public decision making processes such as deciding who the good/bad posters are (this is done through likes, upvotes, etc.) or "sharing" the good content, or trying too hard to ban trolling or "low quality" content.

I know those things always existed, but in the past but they were more manageable without having to make it a part of how the whole community functions.
What is really needed is to take a step back. Build more features on an _individual_ decision making basis rather than a public one. We need to go back to the days where deciding if someone was a troll, or a newfag, or just annoying or not was more of a personal decision rather than a public one.

When you don't have public systems that trolls can (and they WILL) exploit then people stop putting the systems themselves on a pedestal and start to think for themselves and realize that honestly 9 times out of 10 every single person in the thread already knows the guy is trolling so why bother getting bent out of shape about it?

Along with it would probably need to come some slightly more private avenues of discussion too, instead of always completely public. Perhaps something like the boards only have a few pages where public threads are visible and once they fall off the last page instead of being deleted they stay alive. The less publicity the less importance trolling has. You won't even need to fight it, it just won't be a big deal and trolls would have to blend in more like they used to rather than the overt baiting that counts as trolling these days, because the trolls know people will always want to "set the record straight" in a public system no matter how obvious the bait is.
>>
>>1452019
I wouldn't want it to be done without the blessing of the boards themselves. There can be key differences between communities and an overboard would upset quite a few people so I never pushed the issue.

>>1452034
The spinoffs had one for a while. It died about 8 months or so months ago.
>>
>>1452053
I guess finding a good mod is as hard as finding a good leader. One that can see the direction a board should take, without losing touch with the users and board culture, without being drunk on power. You actually made some interesting points that I don't feel qualified to judge as I need to think about them.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.