[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please rate and comment my OC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: containment 1.png (63KB, 544x1464px) Image search: [Google]
containment 1.png
63KB, 544x1464px
Please rate and comment my OC
>>
File: containment 2.png (103KB, 544x1901px) Image search: [Google]
containment 2.png
103KB, 544x1901px
Part 2
>>
It lacks 8 layers of irony. It's too simple
>>
Accurate.
>>
>>1443262
The only containment boards ever created where /jp/ and /mlp/. These two boards as in fact so secular the whole site things of them as those weird guys that keep to their circlejerk

/pol/ was created because moot felt guilty about deleting it. It wasn't a containment board, and any perceived spillover was because the entire internet has become idiots bringing politics into everything.
>>
I see of it more as anons accepting decline and trash instead, and are much rather to throw the trash at each other than call mods to remove it.
>>
Could someone explain the image? I'm not exactly sure what it's trying to convey.

Is it that you cannot contain trash or does it try to imply that creation of containment lowers the standard of moderation?
>>
>>1443467
It's both. I mean I'm the author and I don't even understand what I meant.

I think that containment boards are flawed because mods create them with the idea of saying "this shit isn't welcome anywhere else on the shit, you can only post it here" but it ends up sounding like "you guys are totally welcome here as long as you only post here". People seem to think it's about /pol/ and while there are elements of it it's mostly about /trash/, which really feels like the mods just throwing their hands up and saying "look, I don't want to work, just post all your shit here".

But really, death of the author and all, it's mostly up to your own interpretation.
>>
Bump since the board is getting spammed
>>
>>1443481
The thing is that in most cases the analogy provided doesn't really work. Actual trash doesn't really move or has any will of its own, the only reason why the mod failed in the picture is that he did not clean the trash properly, it really had nothing to do with creation of containment room or its effectiveness, the effects of lack of moderation would've been the same with or without the containment board and there isn't much reason for causal link between creation of containment room and sudden lack of proper cleaning to be assumed. That's why I asked which one of these two scenarios are accurate, since both don't work on some level.

I understand that analogies don't have to be perfect and I think it conveys some of the aspects kind of well, but it seems to me that these examples just aren't really that compareable and fall flat on surface level.

There are probably multiple of plausible ways of conveying what you're trying to get across, one being to swap trash with something that would actually spread automatically, so even if it was contained in the room it would actually still keep spreading to the original room regardless. The simplest change I could think of would be just replacing whole containment room to keeping all the trash in the corner of the room, though my favorite would probably be keeping everything the same, but instead of mod failing to clean up the mess properly the garbage would stay in the other room, however, it'd start smelling and make the original room less useable, maybe something would start leaking from the door or mould/mushrooms would start forming. Eventually it'd get so awful that the original users would get too annoyed and leave, then the door would just burst and every person in the room would get replaced with garbage. It could use making the original room some sort of clubroom with people playing table games, so their spot could be replaced with garbage.

Just my opinion though, maybe I misunderstood something.
>>
>>1443613
Thanks for the detailed reply.

Yeah, the analogy is kind of flawed. For what is worth, the flies kind of work as what you mention of being something that spreads automatically out of anon and mod's control.
>>
>>1443613
>>1443719
Anons for god's sake it's a 8 year old analogy.

Clean your fucking room and stop hiding it under the rug, you lazy pieces of shits. And yes it does apply to almost everything.

You want an edgier, more realistic analogy?
Draw a comic about prisons. We send criminals, degenerates, psychopaths to prisons for the crimes. But modern prisons have become a joke where prisoners aren't put in agonizing pain and aren't attempted to be taught morality and becoming a decent person. Yet they don't kill them, they keep them alive to wallow in their own shit and sometimes give them some trash food, a toilet, a bed just so they can stay alive, and somehow they become entitled to want better conditions because we lend them a finger.
We should be punishing the criminals for their crimes against the world and make them blame themselves and feel guity over what they did, not reinforce them through their stubborness and pride.

Another analogy is to stop beating the deliquent gipsy.(pathetic bans without any range). Kick him out of the house, break his arms, incapacitate him, publically humiliate him, torture him till he blames himself.
>>
>>1443262
>>1443263
10/10
>>
>>1443262
>>1443263
Could be less wordy.
>>
>>1443266
This
>>1444584
And this too
>>
>>1443275
>The only containment boards ever created where /jp/ and /mlp/
/vg/, /vp/, /bant/, /soc/, /aco/
>>
>>1444634
Also /biz/.
>>
File: 1483575164611.png (195KB, 417x578px)
1483575164611.png
195KB, 417x578px
>>1443613
>The thing is that in most cases the analogy provided doesn't really work. Actual trash doesn't really move or has any will of its own, the only reason why the mod failed in the picture is that he did not clean the trash properly, it really had nothing to do with creation of containment room or its effectiveness, the effects of lack of moderation would've been the same with or without the containment board and there isn't much reason for causal link between creation of containment room and sudden lack of proper cleaning to be assumed.
This is wrong. Of course it did.
>there isn't much reason for causal link between creation of containment room and sudden lack of proper cleaning
This is especially wrong. By creating a containment board e.g. /vg/ you allow people to form their own spheres where only certain people inhabit them. When cliques form shitpost tolerance goes down. This means that less people are going to bother reporting shitty posts since they're "their flavour" of shitposting(this applies mostly to popular generals). Mods and janitors are limited by their own spheres of interest so since they rely on users to report the quality of discussion in a general will be substantially lower since the people who browse them have a substantially higher tolerance for shitposting. The analogy works even though the link between trash and, what you call, the containment board's effectiveness isn't made obvious.
>>
>>1444654
He means that the literal version of the analogy wouldn't happen that way. Like if you literally made a containment room for trash, you wouldn't notice more trash all over the floor.
>>
>>1443613
>Actual trash doesn't really move or has any will of its own
I assumed that in addition to anon, there were other anons leaving trash all over the place.
>>
>>1444635
So /biz/-anon, how's your quest for a financial general on /big/ going?
>>
>>1444654
people who think /vg/ doesnt work wasnt here when the first 3 pages of /v/ consisted of Dota, League, Mass Effect, fighting games, dragon age etc etc GENERALS and shit posting
>>
>>1444664
I don't go on /biz/...
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.