[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When watching anime from your backlog, do you burn through it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (121KB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
121KB, 1280x723px
When watching anime from your backlog, do you burn through it quickly or take it slowly, like one episode per day?
>>
>>1437027
I don't watch anime at all because I'm not a giant faggot.
>>
Depends entirely on the genre. I tend to space out the SoL stuff because I get bored of it otherwise.
>>
>>1437029
But you responded to an anime thread like one.
>>
It depends on how compelling it is, but for SoL I take it slowly regardless of how much I like it.
>>
File: 1493941156855.png (596KB, 900x821px) Image search: [Google]
1493941156855.png
596KB, 900x821px
Last anime I marathon'd was Magic Knight Rayearth. It was decent enough.

>>1437033
There's no reason to reply to that guy.
>>
>>1437040
But he's clearly looking to make friends...
>>
>>1437040
There is no reason to reply to threads like these at all.
>>
File: hammer.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hammer.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
I watch anime painstakingly slowly. Usually 1 episode every 2 weeks, and only 1 or 2 shows at a time. If I am watching something that is currently airing, I will watch the episodes as they release. I also have a bad habit of not finishing a show because I don't want it to end.
>>
It depends on how much time I have for watching anime at the moment. Also, if it's really interesting, I might be more inclined to marathon it, and otherwise, I often alternate between shows.
>>
>>1437030
>>1437034
I like this idea of genre dependent watch speed.

What other genre(s) do you tend to take slowly?
What genre(s) do you generally burn through quickly?
>>
>>1437490
Not really genres, but:
>What other genre(s) do you tend to take slowly?
SoL, episodic stuff, and shows I'm not that excited about and don't want to burn out on.
>What genre(s) do you generally burn through quickly?
Usually, shows that make me eager to see how the plot will unfold. That's pretty vague but I don't really know what else to say.
>>
File: worrying nico.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
worrying nico.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
I'm currently trying to find a way to not get anime Burnout, I kinda miss just picking 1 anime that looked interesting, downloading it and watch 2-3 episodes a day, I really enjoyed watching it that way. Then I started watching seasonal anime in fall 2016 and alternating shows and it got a little bit tiring, now I think I'm just gonna watch 3 anime each season max (NG!, Aho girl, Gamers! (I may drop 1 or 2)) + something I haven't watched.

I really don't want to ruin this medium for me.
>>
>>1437027
>>
>>1437027
>>
>>1437027
I love getting comfy and then marathoning it, if it's a longer series though I'll usually take my time with it, but I get it watched within a few weeks.

>>1437515
I started watching seasonal stuff many years ago now and I also stopped watching it about 3 or 4 years ago. I used to watch it a fucking lot and I got burnt out throughout almost the entirety of 2014/15, I maybe watched about 3 or 4 shows over that time. Nowadays I just pick up whatever I feel like watching at the time, as for seasonals I watch the first 1 or 2 episodes of a show, maybe even half sometimes, and then if I like it I'll put it on the back burner until the end of the season and watch the rest when I feel like it, sometimes I'll start from the first episode if I can't remember too much. It just works for me. Granted I don't watch as much as I used to due to other, newer hobbies though and I've maybe watched about 10 shows this year but I do enjoy anime again.

I don't know if you do this or not, or it's a genuine burnout, but just remember that you don't need to "keep up" with anyone, just watch the things you enjoy.
>>
>>1437027
I take it absurdly slowly. I generally watch 1 episode per day, but some days I'm so busy that I don't watch anything.
>>
I only speedread manga
>>
>>1439823
When I do this I feel bad for the artist who spent all that time drawing
>>
File: 1468358764269.jpg (71KB, 626x592px) Image search: [Google]
1468358764269.jpg
71KB, 626x592px
>>1439823
I don't get how people even do speedreading, I mean the whole point is that you read it and the pretty pictures guide you through the authors vision. Do you only look at the pictures or something? or just only read the small speech bubbles? what's the point if you don't read anything? pls explain.
>>
>>1439843
i look at the pictures once and skip about half the text, it allows me to read about a chapter a minute
>>
It depends on what mood I'm in. Sometimes I'll watch a series in a day, and sometimes it takes months. Usually months
>>
>page 10
>anime
bump
>>
>>1439955
That's literally "I watch anime at 1.5 x speed" tier disgusting. I hope you're merely jesting.
>>
The fact that it's on my backlog is completely irrelevant, it all depends on the genre of anime.
I burn through series like Hunter x Hunter which I'm watching like 10 episodes of a day, but slower series like Samurai Champloo or Aria I do 1-2 episodes and rarely 3 if I feel like it or there's a longer arc.
>>
>>1441024
>"I watch anime at 1.5 x speed" tier disgusting
But that's the only way I can make NNB exciting.
>>
>>1437027

I usually watch a few episodes each night. Anywhere between 4-15 depending on how much I'm enjoying the series and how exciting it is. As much as I like Slice of Life anime I often can't watch it for 5 hours straight.
>>
One per day at night, it's like a medicine.
>>
>>1443150
cute
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.