[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mod doesn't understand the rules

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: mod not understanding the rules.jpg (253KB, 423x422px) Image search: [Google]
mod not understanding the rules.jpg
253KB, 423x422px
Persona thread on /v/: >>>/v/382640059

Mod announcing he's moving it to /vg/: >>>/v/382688335

Meanwhile recurring New Vegas Generals are always allowed to hit the bump limit, with their grand total of like 10 posters.

Next time you hire mods, make sure they understand the rules first.
>>
go back there
>>
File: instructions.png (694KB, 1280x1480px) Image search: [Google]
instructions.png
694KB, 1280x1480px
>>1435196
>>
>>1435196
I mean, it is a thread for a general
>>
>>1435266
You don't get it.

The problem with generals on /vg/ is that they're constantly up, and as a result, there's nothing to talk about, and it turns into a mindless circlejerk.

Why do you think the highlighted text in the OP image exists? Part of the appeal in having threads on /v/ is that there tends to be much better discussion because there's breathing room between threads, and you get more/different people each time.

Either way, the fact that %nana-chan moved it shows he doesn't understand the rules.
>>
>>1435277
The rule only concerns repeated threads. There's no obligation anywhere to take into account "breathing room between threads" or "more/different people" when making the decision or where a thread fits. This argument is thus irrelevant because it's simply not found with in the rules.
>>
>>1435301
So you think a thread for a specific game can only be made once, and after that, any more threads that ever get made for that game are "repeating" and belong on /vg/?

Basically you're a retard.
>>
I hold my breath for the entirety I'm in a general as well. If you don't do that then you have been doing it wrong as it's really very common practice but occasionally someone will come into a general who isn't oxygen deprived and they make posts that aren't very suitable.
>>
>>1435311
I never said that. And the rule specifies "long term". Two threads is in no book "long term". Clearly there were more than a few threads as is usual on /v/.
>>
>>1435325
>Clearly
Maybe you should do the research yourself before stupidly using terms like 'clearly'?
>>
File: smuga.png (93KB, 335x223px) Image search: [Google]
smuga.png
93KB, 335x223px
>>1435335
>do the research
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/subject/Persona/type/op/
>>
>>1435339
>about 1-2 threads a day
>most of them not even specifically dedicated to the game
What is it about 'always up' you're too stupid to understand?
>>
>>1435196
>/v/ mods are newfags
wow shocking
>>
>>1435351
>about 1-2 threads a day
Typical rate of threads on /vg/. Some are even slower, having 1 thread per week. Really not an indicator and doesn't escape the rule.

>most of them not even specifically dedicated to the game
Fallacious because they are created for the game. If it's not about the game, then threads should be created for what's actually discussed and survive being mislabelled. But presumably no one bothers, so my understanding is that they are about the game foremost.

>'always up'
Who are you quoting. I am serious, this is neither in the rules, neither in the mod post, that is nowhere.
>>
>>1435360
On /vg/, a thread is ALWAYS UP

On /v/, threads rarely last over 6-7 hours.

You are a complete moron.
>>
>>1435362
Firstly, the rules don't specific that relevant threads must be always up. You are failing to argue in the context of rules.

Secondly, recurring threads dying on /v/ in no way means they will die or not be recurrent on /vg/. Saying otherwise is an indicator that other parameters, like lesser user count, equivalent maximum post and page count is not taken into consideration. They however are vital in determining how long threads stay up, how many bumps they need or how often.
>>
>>1435383
You are digging your heels so deep it's funny. Fuck off nana-chan you moron.
>>
>>1435511
>he thinks it's a mod posting in his shitty /q/ thread

lmao
>>
Good

All generals need to be moved to >>>/vg/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.