[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Captcha difficulty increased dramatically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1498191572591.jpg (115KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1498191572591.jpg
115KB, 500x667px
What the FUCK is going on with the captcha difficulty?

Before it was usually just 1 or 2 panels full of tiles that you had to identify, now it's more like 6-7 panels and if you "fail" the captcha you have to go through another 6-7

Jesus christ, why can't you just have us fill out a captcha for every 24 hours we post here? Google is literally using the amount of shitposting on this website to train their future skynet.
>>
Buy a pass
>>
>>1430299
Shut the fuck up. No one is going to pay money to post on a fucking message board.
>>
>>1430293
Legacy captcha.
>>
>Google is literally using the amount of shitposting on this website to train their future

Now you understand moot's new position.
>>
You know what to do.
>>
>>1430293
>use legacy
>that fucks up too

How about just get rid of it. It was supposed to be "temporary" when it was first implemented.

>muh bots!

Filters exist and I'd rather have bots than having to solve 34 different captchas just to post.
>>
>>1430385
Doesn't work.
>>
The captcha goes through Tor on my browser, and it's REALLY bad.

Literally takes me over 1 minute sometimes to solve the captcha, 5+ panels, slowly fading squares, it's a nightmare of design.

Thankfully the legacy captcha works except to make new threads, and it doesn't work on /adv/.

Legacy captcha only takes me literally 5 seconds at MOST.

If I had to use new captcha, I would practically stop posting on 4chan, I wouldn't have made this post even.
>>
>>1430562
Why are you using the Javascript version of captcha if you're loading it through Tor? That defeats the entire purpose since Google's Javascript can still profile you. Block Google's Javascript and turn on "Force Noscript Captcha" in 4chan X. There's also a version of that setting for legacy captcha now, although it only works on the HTTPS version of 4chan at the moment.
>>
>>1430566
>since Google's Javascript can still profile you.

They don't know who I am since I only go through Tor.
>>
>too dumb to get captcha wrong
it's your problem, I never get legacy captcha wrong
>>
They load super slow too what's up with that
>>
>>1430573
Are you loading 4chan through Tor? Last I checked, you can't post through it, unless they've slipped up and some exit nodes are working. With Javascript on, Google can access all sorts of data about your browser, operating system, display, and GPU.
for example
https://panopticlick.eff.org/
https://amiunique.org/

This can easily be enough to identify you if you ever visit them not through Tor.
>>
>>1430599
Also, some of this can be collected with Javascript off, but it's much less.
>>
>>1430599
No 4chan is going through my normal connection.

Yes I know about browser fingerprinting.

1) I don't think they're fingerprinting browsers and logging them into a database through Captcha
2) Even if they did, they don't know my identity because it's through Tor, unless my browser fingerprint is literally 100% unique and the only 1 in the world, and then I go browse Google without Tor.

Browser fingerprinting is a big issue for anonymity, but I have taken some steps to prevent browser fingerprinting. There's no way to completely prevent it though.
>>
>>1430617
>1) I don't think they're fingerprinting browsers and logging them into a database through Captcha
Tracking users and calculating reputations for them is what Recaptcha is all about.
https://github.com/neuroradiology/InsideReCaptcha#gathered-information
>Google servers will receive and process, at least, the following information:
> Plug-ins
> User-agent
> Screen resolution
> Execution time, timezone
> Number of click/keyboard/touch actions in the <iframe> of the captcha
> It tests the behavior of many browser-specific functions and CSS rules
> It checks the rendering of canvas elements
> Likely cookies server-side (it's executed on the www.google.com domain)
> And likely other stuff...
https://www.blackhat.com/docs/asia-16/materials/asia-16-Sivakorn-Im-Not-a-Human-Breaking-the-Google-reCAPTCHA-wp.pdf
>Canvas rendering is a known technique to fingerprint user across machines and browsers. The reCaptcha’s JavaScript code creates a Canvas element and draws a predefined composition. After the rendering is complete, the element is encoded in base64 and sent back with the other data when the user clicks the checkbox.
>>
>>1430645
There's literally no way to prevent this kind of fingerprinting.

Ironically the more security you have, the more easily you are to fingerprint.

I have a canvas blocker and a plugin that changes my user-agent randomly, there's nothing else I can do.
>>
>>1430666
Almost all of that (everything but useragent and cookies) can be prevented simply by blocking Google from running its spying Javascript.
>>
where can i get a cute irl asuka gf
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.