[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>lurk more that's where you're fucking wrong you newfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1498630152970.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498630152970.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
>lurk more
that's where you're fucking wrong you newfag
>>
>>1427027
"newfag" is a strawman meme to begin with since seniority doesn't mean shit on an anonymous image board
>>
>>1427031
Aside from site functionality (which is now mostly irrelevant), it was never about how long you've been browsing for, but about understanding the culture.
>>
>>1427033
yes but if you ask a question about the board culture: they call you a newfag. there's no point in lurking more if no one actually explains the subject at hand.
>>
>>1427034
It doesn't need to be explained. You're supposed to learn what is and isn't considered acceptable by spending some time observing the board, and not by having someone spoonfeed you a list.
>>
>>1427031
No shit, but it always provokes and pisses off newfags
>>
>>1427037
there's nothing to observe if no one brings it up. even when it's brought up: nothing is explained so lurking doesn't actually do anything much less help.

>>1427040
well, that's one way to spot newfags but an actual oldfag shouldn't care about calling out newfags. he would have gotten tired of that shit a long time ago, especially since /a/ seems to have been a really friendly community back when 4chan first started.
>>
>>1427043
A common misconception is that oldfags are still board regulars. Not true. They just drop by and leave when bored. So yes, the term is largely irrelevant, because people claiming to be oldfags now are people who arrived in 2010, in a totally different era.
>>
dumb love live poster
>>
>>1427052
>They just drop by and leave when bored.
Would such people even care about calling out newfags? I mean, fuck, captchas are annoying enough; if something isn't worth saying, I'm not gonna go through the trouble of saying it. It's why I don't reply to shitty frog bait or even reply in general. For "oldfags" to care much less call out newfags is something that I find highly unlikely.
>>
>>1427037
Lurking the board teaches you what is and isn't considered acceptable, but it doesn't teach you why, leading many newfags to the often correct conclusion that the people telling them to conform are retards.
>>
>>1427065
Well, why do we do anything? For the lulz, as trite as it sounds now.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.